PDA

View Full Version : Two weird questions

Albonor
2008-09-05, 03:54 PM
1) What happens to a DR/magic in an antimagic area?

2) Can you counterspell Dispel magic?

RagnaroksChosen
2008-09-05, 04:04 PM

1. it kinda becomes like DR/-

2. Yes with another dispel magic at that.

Fenix_of_Doom
2008-09-05, 04:07 PM

1) depends on whether it's a Su or an Ex ability, if it's Su it stops working if it's an Ex you just gained a practical dr/- ability(as long as your in AMF so it's not really IMBA).

2) with another dispel magic you can counter dispel magic in most cases.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-05, 04:10 PM
In that case, I have another simple question. Does the Q&A by RAW need to be bolded or something? It's not exactly hidden now, but...

Fenix_of_Doom
2008-09-05, 04:13 PM
In that case, I have another simple question. Does the Q&A by RAW need to be bolded or something? It's not exactly hidden now, but...

I don't think it would help, if people miss it ATM they will probably miss it no matter what.

Copacetic
2008-09-05, 04:15 PM
I don't think it would help, if people miss it ATM they will probably miss it no matter what.

True dat.

Also, :smallredface:.

Frosty
2008-09-05, 04:24 PM
If you use Greater Dispel Magic to counter a Dispel Magic, do you need to make a caster level check?

Douglas
2008-09-05, 04:26 PM
If you use Greater Dispel Magic to counter a Dispel Magic, do you need to make a caster level check?
Yes. However similar the spells may be they are not actually the same spell, so the normal automatic counterspell clause does not apply.

Rad
2008-09-05, 04:31 PM
Yes, neither spell say that they automatically counter spells of lower level when used as counterspells.

Chronos
2008-09-05, 09:43 PM
DR/magic or DR/alignment is always a (su) ability, so it doesn't work in an antimagic field. DR based on weapon type or damage type is usually (ex), so it does still work, but cold iron also still works in antimagic, so you can still bypass it.

Sinfire Titan
2008-09-05, 11:27 PM
DR/magic or DR/alignment is always a (su) ability, so it doesn't work in an antimagic field. DR based on weapon type or damage type is usually (ex), so it does still work, but cold iron also still works in antimagic, so you can still bypass it.

Ah, damn. You beat me to it. I was gonna quote the RC myself.