PDA

View Full Version : Build A City, the architects' pub

alexeduardo
2008-09-05, 05:14 PM
Well, you wanted an OOC, here you are

Steven the Lich
2008-09-05, 07:20 PM
I would like to state that Jarin and Inoridos are on aloof terms. Jarin seems rather cautious of the guy. But my reasons for this I shall not state.

One of the older children, a boy of 15, seems to have a bit of magic in him! Anyway, he managed to light up an object from 20 feet away. The Imperial sorcerers that came with us are thrilled of course, and they've set their minds on training him. his parents don't particularly like it, but seem resigned to their sons talent. I suggest that Jarin becomes a mentor to this kid as well. He would even give the child some scrolls from his library.

alexeduardo
2008-09-05, 07:23 PM
Well, I already posted that he trains with the elves in order for the elves to actually have something to do.
But I can edit it if you want...

puppyavenger
2008-09-05, 07:26 PM
Well, I already posted that he trains with the elves in order for the elves to actually have something to do.
But I can edit it if you want...

wasn't that me?

Carrion_Humanoid
2008-09-05, 10:07 PM
I'm very sorry for the Mix-up, but where are the rules exactly? As so I don't get mixed up by rules that are out of date.

alexeduardo
2008-09-05, 10:11 PM
I'm very sorry for the Mix-up, but where are the rules exactly? As so I don't get mixed up by rules that are out of date.

use he standard format
be careful
think inside the box
be careful
respect our characters by not adding more

just to name a few

alexeduardo
2008-09-06, 01:26 PM
Vadin, that post was great, a little sitcom-y, but good nonetheless

Vadin
2008-09-06, 01:29 PM
I felt the sitcommieness appropriate, especially as an ironic hinting at beetles that drip flames from their mouths and insects far worse than that inside the city.

alexeduardo
2008-09-06, 01:31 PM
aye, we now have more fluff to post with.
Let's just hope we don't get any more characters

Steven the Lich
2008-09-06, 07:50 PM
Posted. Any comments?

alexeduardo
2008-09-06, 09:06 PM
Posted. Any comments?

neat.
good for the characters.

puppyavenger
2008-09-06, 09:40 PM
Why is Jarim aloof around the other mage? He's like 10 levels higher. strangely the wizards are the only people with levels..

I'd suggest

Hopilites
level 2 warriors
sergeant level 3 fighter
Elven sorcerers, 4 and 6
Cleric level 3
Farmers, and wives, commoners or experts 1
kid with magic, sorcerer 1

puppyavenger
2008-09-06, 10:30 PM

alexeduardo
2008-09-07, 01:10 AM
Why is Jarim aloof around the other mage? He's like 10 levels higher. strangely the wizards are the only people with levels..

I'd suggest

Hopilites
level 2 warriors
sergeant level 3 fighter
Elven sorcerers, 4 and 6
Cleric level 3
Farmers, and wives, commoners or experts 1
kid with magic, sorcerer 1

nice.
On an unrelated note, if you're reading this, eight seraph, please report to the pub.

alexeduardo
2008-09-07, 01:25 AM
I have posted, just to give closure to the Trial Arc

Steven the Lich
2008-09-07, 10:35 AM
Why is Jarim aloof around the other mage? He's like 10 levels higher. strangely the wizards are the only people with levels.. Jarin is aloof for a reason unbenownst to the settlers (And everyone else besides me). However, I can state that as my story arc with these to continues, more will make sense and be explained.
Anyway, Jarin is unsure about Inoridos because of a few things. One, he is wary of Inoridos' great magical potential. There is a... You think I'm going to explain all this without telling it in the main thread? Sorry, i'm evil in that manner. Muahahahahahahaha... *cough* *Choke*... I'm alright. Got a squirel in my throat. No, i did not eat it, it crawled up into my bones. Need to get it removed. :smallfrown:

I find the trial interesting. Definitely can't be a utopia.

puppyavenger
2008-09-07, 10:38 AM
also, what do you mean "magical potential"? seems that all the mages have the same potential for advancement.

Also, if no-one disagrees I'm just going to treat the sorcerers' as Imperial agents/bureaucrats.

Eighth_Seraph
2008-09-07, 01:01 PM
On an unrelated note, if you're reading this, eight seraph, please report to the pub.
Reporting for duty, sir!

If this is about me ignoring the trial, it was actually me being ninja'd...by about twenty minutes. I like to think about things as I write them. I don't think my post interfered with anything, and nobody STOPped me. Anywho, I'm not planning to pitch in much due to time constraints, but I'll pop in every now and then to throw some tasty character development into this mix. Unless this is a "dedicated contributors only" kinda thing, which is fine with me.

Or is there something else you'd like to discuss?

ArlEammon
2008-09-07, 07:23 PM
I made a new addition to the thread.

alexeduardo
2008-09-07, 07:55 PM
Or is there something else you'd like to discuss?

Now that you mention it, I'd like it if we followed Gentoo's format but spoilered the Entry list.

alexeduardo
2008-09-08, 01:35 PM
bumpay!!!!

Bayar
2008-09-09, 12:29 PM
Definately joining in. Will write some random stuff in a few moments. Nothing too plot-breaking or anyhting.

HellFencer
2008-09-09, 01:05 PM
Just posted before lunch. Hopefully everyone finds the tragedy in good taste? My intent here is to show that not all evils have to come from outside sources.

Objections? Comments?

EDIT: For Bayar
No, I didn't jump from April to July. If you actually read the entries, they are already in July. Notice entry 11.

ArlEammon
2008-09-09, 01:59 PM
I"m confused:smallannoyed:

alexeduardo
2008-09-09, 06:23 PM
Just posted before lunch. Hopefully everyone finds the tragedy in good taste? My intent here is to show that not all evils have to come from outside sources.

Objections? Comments?

EDIT: For Bayar
No, I didn't jump from April to July. If you actually read the entries, they are already in July. Notice entry 11.

The tragedy is good, helpsimprove the plot.
Speaking of which...
New Rule
you can't all have your own protagonists, at least not to the point where they save the world.
So, until a spot opens up, no new heroes, please

puppyavenger
2008-09-09, 06:25 PM
The tragedy is good, helpsimprove the plot.
Speaking of which...
New Rule
you can't all have your own protagonists, at least not to the point where they save the world.
So, until a spot opens up, no new heroes, please

I don't suppose I can pick the tree sorcerers?

I'll have an entry up sometime today or tomorrow, stupid school+hurt foot:smallmad:

alexeduardo
2008-09-09, 07:17 PM
thanx to gent00 for the listed post.
btw, I go downer in the list, just made a mistake with the months

alexeduardo
2008-09-09, 07:34 PM
And when does that take place, armin?

ArlEammon
2008-09-09, 07:38 PM
I put down July 30

alexeduardo
2008-09-09, 07:39 PM
I put down July 30

thank you, kind sir

puppyavenger
2008-09-09, 07:41 PM
How odes the trial finish a month before it starts?

alexeduardo
2008-09-09, 07:43 PM
How odes the trial finish a month before it starts?

*goes to fix that*