PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars on Wii Shop Channel!

Volug
2008-09-05, 06:00 PM
It's been out in Japan for awhile, and Europe/Australia got it just a couple weeks ago. And just this monday, it finally came to North America!

I bought it yesterday, and I'm eager to play it now I have the time (b^_^)b

Inhuman Bot
2008-09-05, 07:36 PM
It is?!:smalleek:

Mustt.. Fix.. Modem...

It's like PS:T I reall want to play it but can't....:smallfrown:

mathieumg
2008-09-05, 07:51 PM
Finally :o

Trazoi
2008-09-05, 08:16 PM
Nice. Paper Mario was one of the best games I bought on the Wii Shop as it's aged very well. I never got to play the original Super Mario RPG so I'll make a note to pick it up sometime.

Cynan Machae
2008-09-05, 09:05 PM
Oh yes! A must buy.

Mando Knight
2008-09-05, 09:35 PM
I just got the e-mail from Nintendo. It is no lie. Here's the site (http://www.nintendo.com/wii/virtualconsole/games/detail/pp_F6yvh6eBcb69y1cWuUehbkF_UefwC).

I guess I know what Geno9999 is gonna do as soon as he finds this out...

This game was my first RPG... and I've wanted it out for the VC for a long time since my SNES copy's memory is messed up...

Dublock
2008-09-06, 01:02 PM
YES!! I know i been waiting for it, for ever. YAY!!

Tempest Fennac
2008-09-06, 01:08 PM
I like the game (plot-wise, it isn't that good, but the interactivity in battles is good).

Icewalker
2008-09-06, 01:09 PM
That's awesome. That was a great game...

Volug
2008-09-07, 05:19 PM
I just beat the game...

>.>

Geno9999
2008-09-07, 06:30 PM
*five seconds till impact* I'll guess I'll see whats new on the shop channel. *Five seconds later...* O...M...G...
*Right now...* "...Then I find out I'm stuck in Geno maze! give me Mario, give mushrooms, give me Mallow..."
a-HEM! Too bad I don't have enough wii points (at the moment.) Can't wait to bomb do... I mean, beat Culex again!

Sneak
2008-09-07, 06:43 PM
YES!

This game is amazing!

I think I still have the strategy guide, too...

Geno9999
2008-09-07, 06:48 PM
YES!

This game is amazing!

I think I still have the strategy guide, too...

I hope you didn't sell that on ebay. No... wait... on second thought, I should've hoped that you did.

Volug
2008-09-07, 08:28 PM
I know where to download the strategy guide, I did this morning >.>

I don't need it, I know where everything is. Just i did it because... I could =\

Zeful
2008-09-08, 01:13 AM
I still have the orignal, it was a great game. Of course it has a couple of problems, Geno whirl on a Timed hit, does max damage to most enemies, including some bosses, the fact that late game flower tabs were simply used for instant recharge as you already had 99 flower points (note the earilest I reached 99 was right after the Yardovich fight but then I was really trying to max out FP). But none of them actually detracted from gameplay.

Mando Knight
2008-09-08, 09:23 AM
Has anyone else farmed the Dry Bones by the salesman in the sunken ship? I usually get Geno up to where he can Geno Blast the group, then use Maple Syrup to restore FP when necessary. You profit in both Coin and EXP. I tend to farm it until I've got the final specials for each character.

Xenogears
2008-09-08, 11:37 AM
Anyone ever get the... i think it was called the super suit. You needed to super jump on an enemy and hit 100 times in a row. I did it once on a rom (slowed down time and saved after every jump) and it basically made you unbeatable. Definately the best item in the game but impossible to get.

Hzurr
2008-09-08, 03:12 PM
You know, I'm beginning to find myself in an increasingly small minority of people who don't try and "grind" monsters to max out my characters in RPGs. I don't need to have the best weapons, I don't need to do 9999 damage on every attack, I just want to have fun. *sigh* This is also why I don't fit in with the MMO crowd.

On a side note, I actually went back and bought a SNES a few months before they announced that the Wii would have the virtual consol, so I still get the joy of playing it as it was origionally supposed to be played.

Edea
2008-09-08, 03:39 PM
Has anyone else farmed the Dry Bones by the salesman in the sunken ship? I usually get Geno up to where he can Geno Blast the group, then use Maple Syrup to restore FP when necessary. You profit in both Coin and EXP. I tend to farm it until I've got the final specials for each character.

Hell, all of the enemies in that group are weak to Thunder attacks. I just use Mallow's Thunderbolt at that point (with a Scrooge Ring, that's 1FP per fight), it'll kill them all without even Boosting it (hello Auto-Turbo Super Advantage controller). It's pretty easy to just let the entire team cruise to level 30 before fighting King Kalamari.

As for the Super Suit, it's not terribly difficult to get; main thing is to choose an enemy that doesn't move around (and/or is immune to Jump attacks, allowing retries). Also, grinding is one of my favorite things to do, I don't know why I like it so damn much; probably cathartic.

Volug
2008-09-08, 08:08 PM
I really need to get that 100 jumps....

Oh yeah, I'm fine with playing with the Game Cube controller, but I need to get my hands on a Classic Controller....

Xenogears
2008-09-09, 08:34 AM
Meh the classic controller isn't that much better than a gamecube controller.

Mando Knight
2008-09-09, 01:57 PM
No, the Classic Controller is worlds better than the GC controller for those who've grown up on the SNES. You can hold the controller almost exactly the same way as an SNES controller, so any games designed for the SNES will automatically have a better button-map than with the GC controller. It helped me a lot for Super Metroid.

Tempest Fennac
2008-09-09, 02:08 PM
I prefer the Classic Controller (I only brought the GC joypad so that I could play Starfox Adventure and Assault).

Xenogears
2008-09-09, 03:46 PM
I found the placement of the D-Pad made it harder to control. Also in Super Metroid you can remap the buttons to make it easier so it evens out. Either way the actual SNES controller is still better.