PDA

View Full Version : Ivan [Resident Evil D20 monster, 3.X]

Zeta Kai
2008-09-06, 07:48 PM
Stormthorn asked me to stat out Ivan (http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Ivan) from Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umbrella_Chronicles), so here it is. Enjoy!

Tyrant, Ivan (Game: Umbrella Chronicles)
http://ui19.gamespot.com/1554/ivanreuc_2.jpg
Large Aberration (T-Virus Carrier)
Hit Dice: 18d8+189 (157HP)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 40’ (8 squares)
Armor Class: 21 (-1 size, +3 Dex, +9 natural); touch 12; flat-footed 18
Base Attack/Grapple: +13/+29
Attack: Slam +24 melee (2d6+12) or Rocket Launcher +15 ranged (10d6/3d6 splash, concussion, 150’ range increment)
Full Attack: Slam +24 melee (2d6+12) or Rocket Launcher +15 ranged (10d6/3d6 splash, concussion, 150’ range increment)
Space/Reach: 10’/10’
Special Attacks: Improved Grab, Powerful Charge
Special Qualities: Aberration traits, T-Virus Carrier traits, Powerful Build, Damage Reduction 5/magic, Immunities, Skills
Saves: Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +12
Abilities: Str 35 (+12), Dex 17 (+3), Con 22 (+6), Int 4 (-3), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 3 (-4)
Skills: Balance +6, Intimidate +12, Jump +29, Move Silently +20, Spot +3, Survival +9
Feats: Awesome Blow, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Initiative, Improved Natural Attack, Improved Overrun, Power Attack, Run
Environment: any land or underground
Organization: solitary or pair
Challenge Rating: 16
Treasure: standard
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Advancement: N/A
Level Adjustment: N/A

• Improved Grab (Ex): to use this ability, Ivan must hit with its Slam attack; it can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity; if it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold & can hit automatically with another Slam attack

• Powerful Charge (Ex): in addition to the normal benefits and hazards of a charge, this allows Ivan to make a single Slam attack with a +36 attack bonus that deals 4d6+24 points of damage

• Powerful Build (Ex): whenever Ivan is subject to any size modifier, it is treated as 1 size larger if doing so is advantageous to it; it is also considered to be 1 size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect it; Ivan can use weapons designed for a creature 1 size larger without penalty; however, its space & reach remain those of a creature of its actual size; the benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, & spells that change the subject’s size category

• Immunities (Ex): Ivan has immunity to sleep & paralysis effects, poison, cold-, electricity-, & fire-based damage; in addition, Ivan is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance, & is not subject to subdual damage, ability damage, ability drain, or death from massive damage

• Skills: Ivan has a +8 racial bonus on Intimidate, Jump, & Move Silently checks; in addition, they can always choose to take 10 on Move Silently checks, even if rushed or threatened

Stormthorn
2008-09-07, 03:22 PM
Bwahahaha! Now what will our heroes do! The Ivan is after them.

Thank you for that. I like its feat selection, it really works for the way those things fight. Although i think they would have more than 2 intelligence. If you have two of them they can coordinate attacks and they can understand orders like "take X and move it to Y, keeping it safe as you do." Im thinking intel 4 would be more apropriate.

I also like the natural armor bonus. A fairly bulletproof strain of tyrant.

Zeta Kai
2008-09-07, 06:12 PM
Bwahahaha! Now what will our heroes do! The Ivan is after them.

Thank you for that. I like its feat selection, it really works for the way those things fight. Although i think they would have more than 2 intelligence. If you have two of them they can coordinate attacks and they can understand orders like "take X and move it to Y, keeping it safe as you do." Im thinking intel 4 would be more apropriate.

I also like the natural armor bonus. A fairly bulletproof strain of tyrant.

Thank you, I'm glad that you like them. They seem to be a variant of the Mr. X/Nemesis-type Tyrants, & I statted them out accordingly. They also attack by running up, hitting hard, & then walking to where they threw you, so I gave them feats that reflected that. They also have Damage Reduction, so they could ignore most small arms fire effectively.

I fixed the Intelligence line; there was a typo there, anyway. It doesn't effect any other stats though, since aberrations only get 2 skill points per level, & no other stats rely on their Intelligence modifier.

At any rate, enjoy, & expect more monsters from Umbrella Chronicles & Resident Evil 5 in the future.