Sam
2008-09-07, 12:36 AM
http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?t=126388

Good news needs no explanation.

reorith
2008-09-07, 12:45 AM
http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?t=126388

Good news needs no explanation.

good news or not, i refuse to click that link until you tell us what it is.

Jade Falcon
2008-09-07, 12:51 AM
the link doesnīt work

edit
strange, now it works .. well, thatīs a good thing to know. Iīve never heard of this Vick guy, so I made a quick google search. I hope he rots in hell. Bastard.

Doran_Liadon
2008-09-07, 12:55 AM
Yeah it doesn't...

skywalker
2008-09-07, 12:55 AM
good news or not, i refuse to click that link until you tell us what it is.

It's about the fighting dogs Michael Vick owned a share of, some of them were saved from being put down by a shelter in Utah, apparently.

That's a post about them.

Sam
2008-09-07, 01:01 AM
Sorry for not explaining. Anyway, as the above put it, it is about the dogs, some of which were horribly abused, are being rehabilitated to normalcy. It is something that cheered me up.

I don't know why the link wouldn't work for you- it is probably your connection.

Fernando_wtg
2008-09-07, 01:04 AM
Yeah, Rot In Hell, Vik Bastard
Let's put angry cats in his underwear.... huauhuahuhauaa
lol

skywalker
2008-09-07, 01:15 AM
@^Dude, I want you to search your memory and see: have you ever said that about someone that killed a human? I'm happy for the dogs to be rehabilitated, but most of the comments on that thread are ridiculous. Killing a dog should never be considered worse than killing a human :smallannoyed:

Sorry for not explaining. Anyway, as the above put it, it is about the dogs, some of which were horribly abused, are being rehabilitated to normalcy. It is something that cheered me up.

I don't know why the link wouldn't work for you- it is probably your connection.

I think Stardestroyer.net had some momentary issues, I couldn't access it for a moment, either.

UncleWolf
2008-09-07, 01:33 AM
Remember no matter what kind of dog it is a domestic dog is normally not excessively aggressive (and i mean protective not angry when i say excessive). It all depends on how you raise the dog. I have a dog that weighs over one hundred pounds, has teeth larger and sharper than a black bear's (my grandfather goes bear hunting occasionally and has told us so), chew up golf balls like tic-tacs and can lose nipples to barbed wire fences without flinching. He has lost 3 or 4.

If i had a picture of him i would post it but he sounds scary right?

At one time he was smaller than a ferret. He has raised little kittens and will take care of anything that my family calls a baby. He listens to blues and likes truck rides. He even protects the calves from the cattle farm next door (thats how he lost the nipples). He thinks he is a lap dog and even has a great sense of humor (he climbs over our backyard fence and opens up the front door to come in behind a visitor. Ahhh... great times)

His name is Elwood off of the Blues Brothers.

If we hadn't adopted him he would have ended up as a fighting dog in New Jersey. No dog deserves that fate.

In case you want to know we have no clue what breed he is but someday i'll post a picture and see if anyone recognizes it.

TigerHunter
2008-09-07, 01:36 AM
My lack of faith in humanity is receding slightly. :smallsmile:

hamishspence
2008-09-07, 01:02 PM
Raising animals specifically for dog-fighting is pretty unpleasant: to some, cruelty to animals is in some way viler than cruelty to people, since animals cannot understand it. I'm not sure if I agree, but it is pretty horrible.

Zarrexaij
2008-09-07, 01:09 PM
Awww. I'm glad some of those dogs are getting a second chance. I think dog fighting is a very very sick practice, and I'm at the point of believing people who put two animals in a ring together to tear each other to shreds should be put through the same damn thing.

Zeful
2008-09-07, 01:26 PM
Awww. I'm glad some of those dogs are getting a second chance. I think dog fighting is a very very sick practice, and I'm at the point of believing people who put two animals in a ring together to tear each other to shreds should be put through the same damn thing.

That's how wars should be fought, the leaders of both countries put into a ring and then made to box it out.

Rinquist
2008-09-07, 01:36 PM
Edit: Discussion of politics. I shouldn't have gone there. Sorry.

Lord Tataraus
2008-09-07, 02:54 PM
That's how wars should be fought, the leaders of both countries put into a ring and then made to box it out.

They used to do that, though sometimes it was just a champion of the leader. Of course if your champion lost sometimes you'd just go to war anyway...

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-07, 03:39 PM
Pff, dont bother with boxing, it leaves room for the loser to come back. You make it pure deathmatch. If both leaders are left alive or both are killed, then both countries simply get a new leader via the normal means and do it again.

Erothayce
2008-09-07, 03:50 PM
I'm glad to hear the dogs are being rehabilitated. Michael Vicks punishment is not enough for his crimes. But that is simply my opinion.

Destichado
2008-09-07, 05:35 PM
When you don't cut their balls off and raise them as the spoiled baby of the family, dogs fight all the time. It's perfectly natural, as anyone who grew up or has spent time on a farm can attest. Some fight more than others (some fight a LOT more), and some fight harder, and some run away and hide.

It may currently be illegal here, but there's nothing inherently wrong with training an animal to fight and betting on it when it does; just as there's nothing wrong with a human training and making a living as a professional boxer or UFC competitor.

And, before anyone suggests that the animal didn't have a choice, remember that the animals never do -no matter if we use them for a job or as an outlet for our affections- and neither do some people. There are far worse fates than living to fight.

Syka
2008-09-07, 06:10 PM
Breeds normally used for dog fighting get such a terrible rap, and yet the sweetest dogs I've met have been those.

One was a pitbull at a shelter. She was terrified of pretty much everyone that tried walking her (would jump away, pull away, etc), but when I took her leash she glued herself to my leg. :) Then she tried sitting in my lap.

A friend of mine's brother had a huge ole Rottweiler who was a sweetie. She kept trying to play with my friends cat, but the cat was terrified. Hehe.

Dobermans, shepards, you name it. Hell, my boyfriend's dog is a bloodhound-something mix (we don't know). He's a good size dog, weighs over 70 pounds I think...but a CHIHUHUA scared him. It barked and nipped at him, and he started shaking and all. *snicker*

And small dogs have been some of the most aggressive I've met, they just can't do as much damage. It ALL depends on how they are raised.

I won't adopt a breed like a pit bull or some such, because I don't have enough experience as a dog owner, but I fully support their getting loving homes.

Cheers~

thubby
2008-09-07, 06:24 PM
When you don't cut their balls off and raise them as the spoiled baby of the family, dogs fight all the time. It's perfectly natural, as anyone who grew up or has spent time on a farm can attest. Some fight more than others (some fight a LOT more), and some fight harder, and some run away and hide.

It may currently be illegal here, but there's nothing inherently wrong with training an animal to fight and betting on it when it does; just as there's nothing wrong with a human training and making a living as a professional boxer or UFC competitor.

yes dogs fight, but killing each other is rather rare. ufc fighters don't end up dead on the mat, nor are they abused into doing it.

Destichado
2008-09-07, 08:42 PM
But soldiers do, and are, and we laud that profession... :smallamused:

Also, apparently you haven't watched enough boxing matches. Fatalities are... unfortunately not as uncommon as you might think.
On the other hand, in bloodsports, animal fatalities are not as common as you might think. The animals are very valuable, and generally are not allowed to fight to the death. At least, that's the case in other countries where bloodsports are legal.

Now don't get me wrong, bloodsports are against the law and I think that's appropriate.
I just take great offense to the idea that someone who lets dogs fight for money apparently merits death, torture and castigation -while people who actually kill people need mercy and understanding.

thubby
2008-09-07, 11:11 PM
because soldiers fight in defense of their nation, if they didn't kill and get killed, it would be civilians. (at least, that's how it's supposed to be, but oh the broken world we live in)
on one of your earlier points about choice. you're absolutely right animals don't have a choice in much of anything. but we are responsible for their safety and well being. as their guardian it is our duty to do what is best for them.
we can be irresponsible with ourselves, such freedoms do not extend to our charges. ex: to get yourself killed drunk driving is bad, to do that to your child is an atrocity.
to make them suffer is more than just that. it is to have betrayed your position. so i understand the feeling, even if people do go overboard.
another good example would be murder. a man kills another in an alley, and it's bad to be sure, but what about the man who kills his child? most would call that worse, why? because he was supposed to protect them