PDA

View Full Version : Wizards: {The Graduates}

BlueWizard
2008-09-07, 05:21 AM
Wizard University:
The high towers of the mage school over look the great campus and capital city of Lemuria. One can see both sides of the Eastern Isle from this point above the clouds. What a better place than the great observatory tower to host the last dance of the year.

The days' pageantry was spent honoring the graduates in tedious and ceremonial ways. Family and friends attended on the Great Lawn, as did all the younger classmates. This was a highly private and prestigious event.

The Dance was usually considered the seniors' last hurray. The average age of graduate-wizards was 22, but some were at other ages. A few 'observers' came to make sure proper use of magic was maintained at the dances, but this one in particular always was said to let things hang-out a little, and often the enchanters got luckier than the others on these nights.

The fire wizards and their secretive group always maintained one corner in any group setting. They were to be the known arm of the empress' military and called the Seekers. To be one was an honor, at the same time your life was sworn to a cause only known to the empress.

Tomas was one of the rivals of the fire wizards who hated him deeply, for his skill with enchantments had earned him their distance and respect. His girlfriend is Jasmine is likely one of the most beautiful girl's ever to have graced the university. These two have many friends and are among the popular ones not in the 'Seeker' crowd.

Jasmin had no chance against Princess Kyra Hunter{NPC classmate}as Dance queen. Kyra at the seat near Falgar Breechmocker{NPC}, was the best of the fire wizards. Falgar's popularity with the largest club, these Seekers, had earned him the most votes for Dance King. The Seekers are an ancient organization, currently it was just a bunch of fire wizards. The choice of Dance Queen was easily Kyra, she was of such beauty that most considered her unnatural. Kyra was born of the famed d'Veil line, known for their fey-like beauty. Her grandomother was considered the most beautiful bard in her time. {a former PC:smallcool:} Kyra was younger than most of your classmates, and was put in an accelerated program because of her royal blood.

Veriben, one of the heroic athlete's from the flying-football matches sits knowing he likely bopped her one night not too long ago at some drink-filled team party. He is probably with a few of his teammates. His skill with magic often made him captains of many teams that required much physical activity from the wizards. Most everyone knew him, as his popularity helped carry his team to victory all over the world at the various University tourneys.
There is also a spectacle of the night. A visionary delight created byBelsambor as his final project, and the school's activities group. Created with the university staff's aid and the final result was amazing. Belsambor, a foreign student from far away Yuan created the whole show. The quiet unassuming young man became quite popular at this dance, and had much attention once the dancing started. Most students had no idea he was capable of such use of magic.

At the university often students are allowed to practice with great magic, under the guidance of professors... not always for the best results. In this case the books and spells were open to Belsambor and his imagination in creating entertainment for his classmate's last hurray together.

Strolon Locke was likely no where to be seen. He was here, but not really seen at the moment. Walking invisible wasn't allowed here, and monitored, so he was somewhere. Strolon knew many in the staff and had befriended quite a few mentor wizards here. He often worked for them and gained special access privileges because of that. Possibly even friends from THAT arrangement, and position of power.

Alone in his shadow of coolness was the loner, Tristan. Many of the students wanted to hang out with him, even if he rejected the whole concept of his popularity. Being a mighty evoker was always envied and gushed for in the wizard world. Kyra's eyes definitely drifted to him as she sat at her seat of honor, but uncomfortably near the pompous Falgar, who took every opportunity to fondle her through out the night's entertainment.

Falgar's Seekers had helped vote sexy young Kyra in. She was known for a little fun, and they wanted their glee-club's president to get lucky on this memorable night. Throughout, it all Kyra's eyes will look to Tristan, who rejected the conformity of the Seekers and sought a higher path all his own. The princess always respected that, regardless of how their past was shared. Many secrets get out of the youths on campus, but these two had never let it out... if it did happened. At one time many thought Tristan would be sitting in Falgar's seat next to Kyra. Tristan had beat him in the school's Wizard Duel for the championship, fairly recently. The Duel was a head-to-head event, which always favors evokers for some reason... :smallamused: These were different than the physical events that Veriben excelled at.

After the show of Belsambor the time for mingling and dancing the night away began. The class drifted about and talked, still in their clicks. It was just more obvious here. The wizard professors did nothing but observe in the shadows. A popular bardess sang on the stage with musicians, and all was quite nice and decorated...

{OOC- Introduce and describe your PC as you see fit, welcome to Wizards!}

The Graduates: {the PCs}
KingRexII: Veriben, jock-wizard
Lochar: Belsambor, Illusionist
ZekeArgo: Tristan, Evoker
Gentoo44: Tomas, enchanter
GimliFett: Strolon, abjurer

OOC- And yes, this humble scene won't last! But, welcome to the Wizards!

KingRexII
2008-09-10, 08:18 AM
Although they were polite and civilized at the beginning of the dance and even through Belsambor's show, Veriben and his crew begin to grow louder and rowdier. Most of them too restless to sit still, they begin to pair off to dance to the bardess's songs. Veriben eyes the Princess noticeably and is about to ask her to dance when another fetching young lady accosts him. Never one to refuse a willing women (:smallamused:), he accepts, "Sure, Cassie -- let's tear up that dance floor." Even as she pulls him by the hand, Veriben takes one quick look back to Kyra before joining in with his fellow revelers.

He prances with his pretty partner with crude, but socially acceptable moves, grandstanding to his fellow football players when he thinks he is being watched. He gives Cassie a smile and makes sure she is also enjoying herself.

Lochar
2008-09-10, 08:57 AM
The Show:

Hallucinatory Terrain for the field effect. Ghost sound for the birdsong and wolf howl. Major image for the dragon. Silent images by others in the activities group for the 'eaten' students. Altering the major image for the explosion of coins. For imagery on the dragon, look up the dragon summoned in Dragon Ball.

The open field shimmers and shifts, trees sprouting from the ground and rising high into the sky around the field, turning the field instead into a clearing in the woods. Nightingale and lark song echoes throughout the trees surrounding the clearing, a sweet song of farewell and remembrance.

There is a wolf howl suddenly from beyond the treeline, and the birdsong ends, before the howl breaks off just as suddenly.

A rustling is heard from the trees all around, and then suddenly something rises above the treeline, a long sinuous body that continues to rise and rise. The head of this creature appears to be that of a dragon with long whiskers, and after seconds of the creature rising, it's short in comparison arms are seen, and the body continues to just rise and rise. Finally, after nearly a thousand feet of body rise from the forest around the students, the Lung Dragon coils around the clearing, it's body forming a ring above the students and faculty.

The great dragon speaks, it's voice a Yuan accented Draconic. "Congratulations to all those who have graduated. For those of you that haven't, I thank you for the meal."

And with that, the dragon dives into the crowd suddenly, mouth open and roaring. Here and there, a few unknown students flicker and disappear as the dragon passes by them, 'eaten.'

After all the illusionary students are eaten, the dragon rises once more. "And for those of you who passed, a gift."

The Lung explodes, and millions of gold coins tinkle as they fall to the ground in the clearing, vanishing as soon as they are touched.

Afterwards:

Belsambor walks through the crowds, the terrain of the forest still around the clearing as it will be for the next half day. He grins when asked about it, not telling people he'd had to have a couple of the professors cast the major spells and let him direct it all. In actuality though, he tries to play off the show, reminding people that the shows put on during the games are just as good.

AetherFox
2008-09-10, 03:36 PM
Tomas holds one hand out to the shower of coins, but then lauges as he realizes it's just an illusion. He followed Jasmin to get some drinks and though to himself, Are the years at the university really over already? Gods they went by fast. I wonder what happens now? I'm going to miss being Archmage. Still, it takes a lot of burden off. He was pulled out of his thoughts when he realized that Jasmine was talking to him. "-Really was a great display, huh?" "Yeah, I didn't know they could make the dragon nearly that tall!" She knodded in agreement, "Hey, Tom, I'm gonna bring one of my friends over, she wanted to meet you. Be right back!" She walked off twards one of the clusters of people. Tomas put his drink on a table, and glanced at the crowd. There's Vibren, dancing with, oh, what's her name? Krista, Christy? Cassie! That's it. Balesembore, doing the illusion, and Tristan over in his corner of cool. I don't get it, he could have girls swooning over him left and right, but he just stays by himself a lot... Tomas looked twards the head table and narrowed his eyes at Falgar. "I know what you are Falgar, even if others don't." Then he noticed Dan, fromhis Magical Theories class, and decided to say hi.

Go ahead and DM jas now, I just wanted to get one post in. Hope you don't mind.

GimliFett
2008-09-10, 04:01 PM
Strolon Locke

Finally breaking himself away from the towers, the abjurer arrived just in time to see the finale of Belsambor's show. Strolon clapped heartily and laughed along as some scrambled to pick up the coins gifted by the illusory dragon. He shakes his head in annoyance and shame that some were fooled into actually thinking the money real, causing his pale, thin blonde hair to flitter about and resettle into a slightly staticked mess. This is the future of the Art? he thought to himself.

He made his way purposefully through the throng towards the illusionist behind the entertainment, narrowing his crystal blue eyes at Falgar as he passed. Falgar and Strolon had had many words, nearly coming to blows several times, though Strolon managed to always keep his head about him, as the Seeker was a prime culprit of picking on and hazing the younger students, many of whom were friends to the abjurer.

Loki landed on Strolon's head just as he reached Belsambor and was stretching out a friendly hand to the exchange student. The raven cawed loudly and dropped a shiny copper into his outstretched hand. "Vultus quis ego instituo!" it said in celestial.

Shaking his head in good-natured exasperation, Strolon chuckled and patted Loki atop the head. "Eu!" he responded before turning back to the foreign illusionist. "Sorry about that, Bel. He's a bit overbearing at times. That was masterfully done, by the way!" he says.

Lochar
2008-09-10, 04:05 PM
Belsambor

Belsambor nods, smiling slightly. "A great deal of effort on the behalf of several, not just myself. The hardest part, of course, was getting one of the great ones from Yuan to come to model for us so that our group could learn how he moved."

GimliFett
2008-09-10, 04:16 PM
Strolon Locke

Arching an eyebrow, Strolon merely chuckled and nodded. "Indeed. I bet that was a task for the ages." he never was quite sure when Bel was stretching truth, or even outright lying, but he took most of what was said with a very healthy dose of salt.

Lochar
2008-09-10, 04:25 PM
Belsambor

"At least one for this age, yes. Most of those of my home consider the great ones to be a sign of prosperity and power, and would do much to have intimate contact with one. Our task was simpler, yet harder. We only wished to study him, but when he found out we would be using him as a model for the presentation, he demanded we perfect our images." Belsambor shakes his head. "A full month on scales alone."

He then looks towards the gathering. "But you probably don't care too much about the technical aspects of the show. Let us join the others."

GimliFett
2008-09-10, 04:55 PM
Strolon Locke

Chuckle becoming a guffaw, Strolon stops himself mid-laugh. "I see. Well, it was well done, regardless of the difficulty. As is often said, 'if it is worth doing, it is probably difficult.'" He nods for Bel to precede him. "Honestly, I'd be more interested in the technical. But, since we are here, I suppose we must interact somewhat, hm?"

BlueWizard
2008-09-10, 06:39 PM
OOC- No prob role-playing some lesser NPCs. :smallbiggrin:

OOC2- Just waiting a little for all to post. I do reward for good roleplay, and I like what I see already. So, post away as long as it is within our scene. Belsambor looks to have finagled a way for him to gain use of draconic illusions in the future. :smallwink:

OOC3- Don't worry we're going to get off to a fast start.:smallamused:

AetherFox
2008-09-10, 08:21 PM
Tomas Cramos

Shortly afterward, Jasmine returned with a shorter, sandy-haired girl. "Emily, this is Tom Cramos, and Tom, this is Emily Harris." Tom shakes hands with Emily as they exchange greetings, but soon a man, who looks like he's on one of the sports teams, comes up and asks her to dance. As the two mesh into the middle, Tomas holds Jasmine's hand and nodds his head twards the flock of dancers. M'lady, would you care to have this dance?" He says in a cliched manner. She curtsies in an equally cliched manner and says "Certainly." They both move twards the crowd, laughing.

ZekeArgo
2008-09-10, 08:26 PM
Tristan Arthen

Tristan was clad in a well-tailored outfit that had a vintage quality to it, a throwback to what was common 40-50 years ago. He mingled, listening in on conversations and adding a word here or there, but never remaining with one group for very long. He seemed slightly uncomfortable surrounded by the others, and stuck to the sidelines without paying much attention to, or even noticing, anyone who might be paying attention to him.

BlueWizard
2008-09-10, 09:38 PM
Everything seemed going according to plan. Nothing seemed strange at all, especially to Strolon. Even after the Watchers confirmed to him all has been checked-out. That was why he'd felt okay to return to the dance. The school organizing committees were all happy, and the few underclassmen here either by date, or other special invitation all took notes on what a great party this indeed was.

The bardess turns out to be actually someone quite famous and related to the Queen of the Dance, Princess Kyra. The famous bardess was the countess, Nerise. Kyra's young aunt. Nerise was a ruler of lands in her own right, but had the voice of an angel. Her incredible looks definitely drew hoots-and-hollars from the wizard-jocks at in appropriate times in her music. She was graceful as many great people are, and took it all in stride, and even entertained the most hum-bug person in the class with her natural charm. Where Kyra seemed primped, Nerise was polished and made the mysterious beauty of the d'Veil line seem natural.

The music builds, and the colored magic mood lights dim as the evening gets long.

Then.....

The sudden silence that fills the room is frightening, but what causes it is clear. One moment everyone is at the height of some form of enjoyment or other, and then... a dark sphere envelopes the stage.

At first people think it is party of the party, but when a couple jokester friends of Veriben are pulled into it screaming when they tried to touch it they begin to think differently. This causes many to back off from the large black sphere. Tom notices that Emily's dance partner was one of the guys sucked in.

Still people think it might be a joke, but the few professors here move in quick, and Mr. Whissleton, the school expert on biology, begins waving students away from it, then a real panic starts. For Whissleton was only this calm when things were serious, and he did have one bit of sweat on his head, as he began to yell. "Ring the alarm bell! Get to safety! Orderly now! Here we go!"

Nothing to react to, but chaos is
{OOC- So here we go. Let's sort the PCs from the NPCs. Or the men from the boys. :smallcool:}

Lochar
2008-09-10, 09:50 PM
Belsambor

Immediately not pleased with the appearance of the black sphere, because he knew it hadn't been on the agenda for the night, Belsambor begins moving towards it. Whoever did this is not getting away with messing with the show.

He touches the shoulder of one of the illusion instructors, Professor Garath. "Professor, would you dispel the trees you cast earlier? I dislike ending the show before time, but that way we know no one is hiding in them."

Belsambor continues moving towards the orb, almost off handedly crafting a spell as he moved, stopping only for a moment to release the magic. The sound of the alarm bell begins pealing out from near the stage as Belsambor then continues moving closer to the orb of darkness.

Ghost Sound. CL 2, so as loud as eight humans, for two rounds. And I'm going to be very disappointed if this is the spell sphere of destruction.

Spellcraft to attempt to identify it: [roll0]

KingRexII
2008-09-10, 10:08 PM
Veriben is horrified as Jessup and Nalia get pulled into the void. He sobers up very quickly and begins to take up his role as a captain. "Cassie, take your sister and go," he says with a light shove toward the door. He calls out to his mates, "Guys, you heard Whissleton -- formation I dash 64 and hold firm. We want everyone out safe. Gervus, you've got rearguard with me."

Veriben and Gervus begins to make sure everyone's off the dance floor, physically moving those struck catatonic with fear. He stays as far away from the stage as he can while still directing the traffic. His eyes roam for any sight of the bardess or the princess.

GimliFett
2008-09-10, 10:19 PM
Strolon Locke

Strolon moves alongside Bel towards the orb. A puzzled look crosses his features, but rapidly becomes anger when he realizes this is no prank. "What in the world?" he mutters. "Loki! Sursum! Vultus inter pro quisquam incompertus!" he says as he tosses the raven airborne. He looks to make sure no one is close enough to be entrapped even as another part of his mind considers the meaning of the orb.

[roll0]; knew I should've started with Skill Focus: Spellcraft instead of Spell Focus: Abjuration. :smallamused: I also knew that after Lochar got that 18 for his, I'd not come close.
[roll1]
Translation for those who speak Celestial:Up! Look around for anyone unknown!

ZekeArgo
2008-09-10, 11:45 PM
Tristan Arthen

Tristan racked his memory to figure out what that strange, inky orb could be, his sense extended to determine what kind of strange auras it could possess. He rushed forward, circling across from Veriben and directing other classmates along toward their group.

[roll0]Knowledge: Arcana
[roll1]Spellcraft

BlueWizard
2008-09-11, 04:36 AM
Belsambor runs toward the sphere after getting Garath to drop the illusion, which causes a sudden change in the look and feel of the room. The walls of the tower were seen, and looked boring compared to Belsambor's spectacle of the evening. Garath calls to Belsambor, "Where you going boy?" Garath will give chase to the sphere, "You need to stay back." He seems just as fascinated by the sphere as the rest of you.

As the level-headed friends of Veriben begin to encourage students to leave, they file out the many exits. Other professors try to maintain order on this mass exodus from the giant tower hall. Veriben sees the fire wizards clamoring for their own lives, leaving Kyra alone at her table. Kyra looks agape at the scene unfolding before her. Wondering where her aunt was.

Gervus is scared, but does what his buddy says. Some of Veriben's friends had already fled. Veriben sees nothing nor does Strolon in the now illusionless room.

Garath arrives as Strolon gets too close, this magic is far beyond the knowledge of the young abjurer right now. "Get away, Strolon! Lad that is great evil, and could kill us all."

Another 'security' professor {Jalberg} comes forth and tries to put a large containment force around it, but this only causes the dark sphere to expand further and destroy his containment sphere. In the small explosion poor old professor Garath is pulled into the sphere screaming! The security wizard is blown down by some magical backlash and knocked to near death.

Chaos was beginning to reign again in the clearing dance hall. Those near the sphere can feel they too should run.

Tristan wonders if this was one of the mysterious Void Spheres, but he knew they reacted nothing like this. It was like nothing he or any of the students have heard of before.

KingRexII
2008-09-11, 08:32 AM
"Gervus -- get Professor Jalberg and get out of here," he orders. "It feels like we only have moments left here."

"Kyra! Kyra! Get out of here!" he calls, not wanting to get too close. If she doesn't move, Veriben will try to get her to evacuate. If there's a clear path to her, he'll attempt to get her. If not, he'll try to go around to her position in the safest and quickest way possible. If there isn't a safe path, he'll keep yelling at her.

Seeing someone else rush in to get Kyra, Veriben helps Gervus carry out the Professor.

ZekeArgo
2008-09-11, 08:34 AM
Rushing for the table of honor, Tristan grabs hold of the princess's wrist and pulls her to her feet, his voice booming throughout the hall as he starts pulling her toward an exit "Everyone run! There is nothing we can do against that thing except get away!"

GimliFett
2008-09-11, 08:42 AM
Strolon Locke

The young abjurer stares in shocked horror as Garath is drawn into the sphere. He shakes his head and looks around with a determined expression. "No more shall fall this day!" he says as he moves to make sure any remaining students are lead from the room, he waits until only the staff remain in the room, then leaves as well.

Lochar
2008-09-11, 09:24 AM
Belsambor

Wincing at the loss of Professor Garath, Belsambor quits moving closer to the sphere. "We know how it reacts to people, I wonder how it reactions to magic?"

Thought and deed are about as one, as Belsambor steps back to a hundred feet away from the sphere before quietly chanting arcane words. An image of himself appears at the edge of the sphere and calmly walks into the sphere.

Silent Image.

BlueWizard
2008-09-11, 02:22 PM
Jalberg is stunned by Garath's loss. As the sphere grows Jalberg looks with dark serious eyes toward the star athlete. "Veriben. I must get these students to safety.... I can only take so many. You must go with Strolon, he knows the secrets of the tower... that will be the only way we can get the rest of you out of this... this is a chaos-sphere. An evil use of wild magic in a bizarrely conformed way. Get out! Now! Strolon you must take them to the secret entrance!"
{Veriben and nearby Strolon will see the importance of Jalberg's words in the fact that he speeched in the middle of all this.}

The charming one, Tom, and his lady friends are also nearby when Security-Wizard, Jalberg, who is also the Divination Dean, speaks of this chaos-sphere and a hidden passage.

The professors begin to enact emergency evacuation procedures, swooping up students and teleporting them away. It was a slow process with so many here. All of you now see that this was a disaster waiting to happen with so few staff members present to remove the endangered students. Alarm bells of all sorts were ringing, but they seemed so far away, and everything in the room seemed to run in slow-motion. The main stair down was jam packed with students in a panic.... the other unfortunate thing... the main entrance is near the stage, so as the sphere grew the more it would block the way down the main stairwell.

Veriben would've gone for Kyra at the head-table, he knew she was a stubborn girl. Even when Tristan stepped out of the shadows she seemed reluctant to go with him. But, she did when Tristan came for her, she seems almost more perturbed by the young evoker than by the scene going on in the room.

Strolon will see that there are no professors here at the moment, as all currently teleported out of the building. He knows what Jalberg speaks of: beneath the dance-floor, through the kitchen, was a secret staff-entrance. There is a room down there with a magic mirror portal to another part of the university. Strolon believes the sphere may not have engulfed it. He's not sure how many he can lead to it before it to is engulfed.

Belsambor casts his spell and when his image walks into the sphere, a sonic clap deafens most everyone in the room. {OOC- You can't hear: Fort Save 12} Belsambor is knocked to his feet by some magic feed back, and stunned.

AetherFox
2008-09-11, 02:53 PM
"Holy sh*t, Jas, we've gotta get out of here!" She nodds in understanding as they hurry twards the exit. Halfway there, Tomas is nocked to the ground as other classmates come rushing by. Jasmine turns around and stops when she realize Tomas has dissappered, but the surging crowd pushes here forward.
Tomas rolls to the side quickly, to avoid being kicked by the mass of students. He gets up, and for a while is confused. Everything is mixed up, people are running too fast for him to make any sense of it. He starts running in a random direction, hoping it will lead him away from the orb. He sees Belsambor go down, and hurries over to him, thinking he was attacked by someone. He reaches Belsambor, and extends a hand to help him up while keeping his attention on the ever growing orb now that is in view.
"Belsambor, are you alright?!
Fortitude save: [roll0] and spellcraft check on the orb also [roll1] Wow, fumbled my first roll. That sucks fairly hard.

GimliFett
2008-09-11, 02:53 PM
Strolon Locke

Nodding at the wisdom in Jalberg's words, Strolon moves to lift help Tomas move Bel towards the recesses beneath the dance floor, heading for the hidden pathways beyond. "Loki! Reverto! Nos es decessio!" He calls out indicating the direction they were heading. "With me! Everyone, follow me beneath the dance floor to the kitchen." He shouts, ushering as many as he can manage, calling out names to get attention where needed.

ZekeArgo
2008-09-11, 03:17 PM
Tristan Arthen

Not caring about the girl's reaction, Tristan continues to pull her away, ushering others around her toward the same direction and as far away from the sphere as possible, kicking and shoving those who still refuse to move.

At the the sonic wave washes over him and Tristan screams out in pain, his eardrums bleeding from the deafening roar. Regardless he trudges on, his keen eyes peeled for other dangers that could await the students.

[roll0]Fortitude Save

BlueWizard
2008-09-11, 03:22 PM
Most people have no interest in listening to Strolon, as he directs them into the kitchen. It is here that a pantry will lead to a secret stair down to the staff room with the mirror. Strolon will pretty much need to go and show everyone the trigger and all.

Tomas can't hear, but he can see Belsambor stirring.

Kyra goes along with Tristan, not saying a thing.

GimliFett
2008-09-11, 03:27 PM
Strolon Locke

Once within the kitchen, the young abjurer continues to help with Bel as he maneuvers through the crowd to the pantry he knows opens into the hidden hallway. "This way!" he shouts as he manipulates the buttons and tries to whisper the command word under his breath. Finally, the hatch opens and he whistles shrilly to draw attention. "We go through here to a mirror portal to another section of the campus," he yells, still overcompensating for his deafness. Just as he is about to cross the threshold within, Loki lands upon his shoulder and squawks loudly.

AetherFox
2008-09-11, 03:32 PM
"Bel! Bel!" Tom shouts, shocked when he can't even hear his own voice. "Bel, get up!. He startes shaking him to get Belsambore to wake up faster.

KingRexII
2008-09-11, 03:39 PM
Veriben listens intently to the Professor's words. Reluctant, but obedient, he follows his orders. The sonic clap hits him like a thud, but shakes off the effects and continues along his way. He hears Strolon's instructions perfectly and hurries down with the others, helping anyone affect by the deafening sound. He enters the portal when he gets down there.

Lochar
2008-09-11, 03:39 PM
Belsambor

Staggering to his feet with help, Belsambor looks around, eyes slightly wild when he realizes he can't hear, before shaking his head. He points to his ears, before shaking his head again.

Looking around to the others, he nods and points towards the other leaving people. "Come on!" he says, louder than he would have normally, but he can't hear his own voice at the moment.

AetherFox
2008-09-11, 03:53 PM
Happy that Belsambor got up, he looks in the direction that he is pointing in, and joins with the mob trying to get in the mirror.

ZekeArgo
2008-09-11, 04:08 PM
Tristan Arthen

Having lagged behind the others, Tristan pushes forward, joining the students as they rush for the mirror and, hopefully, relative safety.

BlueWizard
2008-09-11, 05:02 PM
End of the Dance:
Many students are deaf, and have no clue what Strolon is saying and will continue to crush to the main stair. Hundreds of young wizards were here this evening, none of them can teleport.

Those of you entering the kitchen will see a only a few of the professors return from the first teleport. Jalberg sees Strolon trying to wave students to the kitchen as well, but the deafness is just causing more chaos.

Veriben knows his job as a leader, he is one of the first down the stair into the secret teacher's lounge. It is a very common looking room, and one might mistake it for the cook's lounge, if not for the thick purple curtain covering a wall mirror. Many will follow Veriben down the stairs, but still not enough.

Veriben will find a strange mirror of held in a frame of intricate designed gold and platinum. Tomas and his lady friends will help him with the unconscious illusionist. Belsambor will come to in the kitchen as part of the first wave following Veriben.

Strolon and Jalberg can exchange one last dramatic look in the dance hall, both knows what each must do. Then Jalberg grabs as many students as he can... however the students quickly realize what the professors are doing and they begin to swarm all over the professors. They are screaming out, "To the Kitchen! To the Kitchen!! Strolon!" But, no-one tackling them can hear.

Tristan and Strolon are among the last level-headed people in the main dance hall. Some of the students are trying to run to the kitchen, but so many try to make it out the main stair. Jalberg manages to escape with a few students as do most of the professors on their second escape-teleports. But, Mr. Hollander, one of the math professors for the elementary students, loses focus under a rush of students. They mob him and Tristan and Strolon lose sight of their old math teacher under a pile of desperate students.

The chaos sphere blocks the main exit almost entirely, and foolish people still try to get by. Many disappear as they fall into the sphere screaming, seeming to feed it more! Strolon and Tristan will also see the structural integrity of the tower was now at stake. If they wanted to live, they needed to get into the mirror, regardless of who was now left in the dance hall. This whole building was about to collapse one wall because of the sphere. In this thick stone tower, that was bad.
{This tower is like a small skyscraper, about 20 floors high. You all are near the top.}

Most of the people were out of the dance hall, and one could only hope those already on the stair could even get out of the building.

Through the Portal:
The mirror is indeed a portal, and once the glass portal is touched you are pulled through to the unknown... No-one knows what happens to whomever does step through the mirror. And more than a few wizards now in the secret lounge are hesitant to even step into the mirror.

AetherFox
2008-09-11, 05:21 PM
The floor buckles and begins to bend to one side, nocking tom down. He gets up and beggins running against the shallow slope. When he reaches the mirror, he begins pushing some of the hesitant people in, as this is the only means of escape. "C'mon guys! Get in!" He shouts, or assumes he does, at least, since he cant hear his own voice.

GimliFett
2008-09-12, 10:51 AM
Strolon Locke

Strolon pushes his way to the mirror and demonstrates its operation for those who can see it by grabbing the hand of whoever is in front and slapping their hand to the glass. He works to get as many through as possible before he takes the portal himself. The abjurer has given up yelling, as he can't hear and he assumes many others are deafened as well.

AetherFox
2008-09-12, 02:29 PM
Finally Tomas' turn comes around, and he presses his hand on the mirror without hesitation.
"and here I was thinking this was going to be a nice way to wrap up the year..."

BlueWizard
2008-09-12, 02:39 PM
Everything seems to happen in slow-motion, but the tower begins to crumble! Everyone needs to get into the mirror!

Strolon gets many more to go, but still there is hesitants. He will notice that as the tower crumbles, students will bum-rush the mirror too!

Through the Portal:
Veriben is the first through the mirror, and comes to what appears like another large lounge room. This one with 4 exits. As the many students begin to file through the mirror, this area will become quite crowded.

Strolon will know this area, it is the gymnasium.

In the distance those here in the gym-professor lounge will hear the crack and roar of the crumbling tower.

Veriben will notice a snoozing under-professor, Hamley Gracepick. He reeks of alcohol and lays beneath a pile of dirty gym-shorts. He is out cold.

Lochar
2008-09-12, 02:44 PM
Belsambor

Stumbling through the mirror, Belsambor drops to his knees once more, shaking his head hard, before looking up, eyes clearing. Standing shakily, he looks around the gym slowly.

AetherFox
2008-09-12, 03:04 PM
Tom falls through the portal rather akwardly, and comes out dazed, laying on his arm. "Dear gods..." He mutters as he hears the tower collapse. He getts off and brushes some of the dirt off of his dark green robes. He pauses, noticing something is wrong, then looks around for his pet snake. "Vespiss!" He calls out, rather uselesly, since it can't respond. He finds it curled up under the desk, and has him slither up his arm when he is found. "I thought you hadn't made it through..."

KingRexII
2008-09-12, 03:12 PM
Veriben

The muscular man stands a little confused after exiting from the mirror. He looks around a little dazed before the volley of bodies begin spewing from the portal. He steps away in time, avoiding being knocked over. He begins helping people that come out make sure that there is some space for more people to come in.

BlueWizard
2008-09-13, 06:15 PM
The main gym is near, and Veriben can start directing students here. The sounds of the tower rumbles the earth as it sounds as if the entire thing is coming down now. All of you {PCs} are safe, you only pray the others in the lower tower can get away in time.

The last guy through, Strolon leapt through at the last minute before the ceiling collapsed in the 1st mirror room. He barely was able to get through before the stone ceiling likely shattered the mirror. After Strolon is through no-one else comes through.

Professor Gracepick begins to stir with all the noise in the room... and the fact people had to step over him to get to the main part of the gymnasium. He notices Veriben in his dazey gaze, directing scared students about. "Good lad... class already?"

ZekeArgo
2008-09-13, 07:26 PM
Tristan Arthen

Breaking away Tristan lets the princess go as he pauses to catch his breath and collect his thoughts, shaking his head as the full weight of the previous few minutes crashes into his mind. Putting those thoughts aside he stands, surveying their new environments. "So what is our move now?" He speaks to no one in particular, as much to himself as the others. "If that thing could hit the dance, it can probably hit anywhere..."

KingRexII
2008-09-13, 08:15 PM
"No, Professor," he responds politely despite the chaos. "The Dance... we were attacked. Professor Jalberg said it was a 'chaos-sphere'." Veriben shrugs as he was never the best of students. He grows somber before continuing: "It took a lot of students and even a few professors. That noise you heard is probably the tower collapsing."

"What should we do, Professor?"

BlueWizard
2008-09-13, 10:37 PM
Gracepick snaps up quick as he realize this is serious, not bothering to ask what all the kids are doing here, he nervously asks Veriben, "What's a chaos-sphere?"

Jasmine and her friend cling scared, but comforted, and close to Tomas.

The Princess, looks to the mirror she just came, and then to Tristan. She will nod and bow her head in thanks.

As Gracepick staggers around he looks to Veriben, "And where is Jalberg now?"
He suddenly up and pukes on an underclassman, Fredrick the Frosh. Good friend of Strolon, and one of Belsambor's assistants for the design committee.
"Ah man! I already blew my presto-spells!"

When Gracepick recovers, he looks to Strolon, still breathing hard from puking. "We in deep sh#&, huh, Stroh?

KingRexII
2008-09-14, 05:31 AM
To the recovering professor's quick succession of questions, Veriben responds, "I don't know what a -- I do not know where Professor Jal- Oh!" He is used to his friends tossing their cookies, but not a professor. "Are you all right, sir?" he asks offering himself as a brace to Gracepick.

AetherFox
2008-09-14, 09:49 AM
Tom steps over to Jasmine and Emily, trying to disturb the crowd as little as possible. He pulls Jasmine close, and strokes her long brown hair comfortingly. "Thank the gods, I wasn't sure if you guys got out." He whispers. The crowd seems to have gone eerily quiet, listening to the professor. "I could say the same thing about you. You got nocked over when we were leaving. How did you escape?" "There was some teleportaion mirror." They stand around for a bit, listining to the conversation. "What do you think is going to happen now? "I have no idea, but the professors will probably think of a way to get rid of that thing." I hope.

GimliFett
2008-09-14, 10:49 AM
Strolon Locke

Nodding, Strolon claps the professor on the shoulder in a reassuring manner. "Indeed, Hamley. Probably worse than that thing in the labs last month, too," he says with a grim smile.

BlueWizard
2008-09-15, 02:40 PM
OOC- Note: All students in the hidden room of the gymnasium came through the teleportation mirror.

Gym:
Professor Gracepick snaps to it, suddenly remembering his professionalism.
He looks about, as some students begin to file upstairs to the main gym floor.
"Lessee... uhm, apparently I'm here for emergencies. Though not never been no catastrophes on Last Dance Night. Uhm... alright.... all of you students need to stay here. I need to figure out what is happening. This is supposed to be emergency holding.... food and shelter... stay here..."
He looks about, mostly at the 5 brave wizards clearly holding themselves mentally 'together'. "I may need some help... the rest of you have to stay here and trust the defenses of the gym will keep you safe. Those coming with me may be using your magic if this is a true emergency."

He looks about...
{OOC- Presumably the PCs will go with him, however I do run split posts when the need arises.}
Princess Kyra looks right into Tristan's eyes. "I'll go!" Then to Gracepick.
Gracepick wants to object, but can see not many want to volunteer to go with an impaired professor on the verge of losing his position on the staff.... if anyone found out about his current condition.

Lochar
2008-09-15, 02:42 PM
Belsambor

Shaking his head to clear the last vestige of the ringing, Belsambor looks at the professor. "You need a keeper, Professor."

Belsambor mentally goes over the spells left in his mind, wincing at the selection. He hadn't expected a major catastrophe, after all.

AetherFox
2008-09-15, 03:41 PM
Tomas speaks up for the first time; "I was head of this class for a while, and I still think that I am sometimes. I'll do what I can to help." He lets go of Jasmine and moves twards the group forming beside Gracepick, already regretting the decision.

GimliFett
2008-09-15, 03:48 PM
Strolon Locke

"Of course I'm with you," the pale-headed abjurer says with another grim smile, to which the contrastingly dark raven on his shoulder cackles. "Yes, and Loki, as well!"

BlueWizard
2008-09-15, 07:19 PM
Gracepick fumbles about his pockets for a wand, and then makes his way upwards toward the great indoor gymnasium. It was at times also converted for water-spectacles, and was quite large. Citizens from the city could come here to watch games for a fee. Many students milled about in the stands, and he yells at them all as his party follows him to the main exit.
"Everyone stay put! Don't move until help arrives. I think something really bad has happened!"

Tomas receives the most passionate kiss he's ever been given from Jasmine.
"Good luck." she will whisper tenderly in his ear. She is scared for him, but knows that drunk Gracepick would need help.

Clearly hammered, Gracepick gives a secret command to fully light up the arena. The indoor sports were not as dominated by the university, but still many victory banners lined the rafters above. This place was familiar to those who regularly went to school games. Veriben competed some here, but he was the master of the even more popular outdoor Arena games. The Gymnasium was a thick a defensive building, and as good as any for one to leave close friends in for cover in war.

Some of Tomas and Veriben's friends help to keep spirits up, telling everyone that you all were getting help. The only thing making people nervous, was the noises that sounded like they were continuing outside. Crackling thunder seemed to roll from far away... or was it more crumbling stone.

Gracepick looks at those coming. "Stick close... I have some protection spells... and all I can do to escape is dimension door."

ZekeArgo
2008-09-15, 08:16 PM
Tristan Arthen

Nodding, Tristan brings himself to full alert, ready to let his spells loose on a moments notice. "Do what you can sir and we will do the same"

AetherFox
2008-09-15, 08:21 PM
Tomas relished the feeling of her lips soft on his, one last time.
"No! Don't think like that! You're going to be fine! Damnit, I'm disassociating again*!" Tomas took a deep breath and smiled weakly an Jasmine, but was too nervious to say anything. He turned twards Gracepick and nodded, realizing the actual danger he was going into...

* If anyone's read scavenger or creepers, I'm borrowing that idea of disassociating in stress. Tomas isn't crazy or Schiso or anything. Disassociating is just when you refer to yourself in the third person sometimes.

KingRexII
2008-09-15, 09:40 PM
Veriben follows Gracepick, acquiescing to his leadership, staying near the back of the group following him, and giving encouragement to those he passes. He stays alert at any possible sign of danger.

He suddenly remembers his own familiar. He looks in the inside of his robes into a pocket lining. He feels the warmth of his weasel as it snores soundly. He says to himself, "Never knew how he could that..."

BlueWizard
2008-09-15, 11:55 PM
As Gracepick's security party leaves the gymnasium and walks out to the grand rotunda, of the sports complex, the great tower can be seen still crumbling in the night-sky. The giant chaos-sphere quite big now, and the little specks flying about it appear to be powerful wizards trying to contain it.

Gracepick waves you all toward the nearby Colosseum, Veriben's home for so long. "Strolon! Do you remember the codes to the Underground of the Colosseum?"
{Of course he does.}
"I think it's time to call the elves!"
Gracepick is sobering up quickly, "Something is not right. That tower is extremely defensed... we are in big trouble..."

There is screaming in the distance as it appears people are still escaping from the tower. "We need to hurry! Only their magic can help us! I don't know why the deans haven't come here yet!"

Strolon has more access to the campus than any of you ever knew, and he approaches the teams' entrances, and finds a keypad. Strolon knows all the codes, and easily gets into the underground chamber. Rapidly moving up out of the passage-way is a HUGE Brown Recluse! It fills up the passageway, and Gracepick screams in total fright as he practically leaps out of his robe at the sight of the spider. This doesn't seem right.

{OOC- Very dangerous first battle. Please roll initiatives. :smallcool:
You do have a professor with you... a drunk under-professor.}

ZekeArgo
2008-09-16, 12:36 AM
Tristan Arthen

Tristan circles the massive creature, and with a few lowly chanted words and twists of his fingers releases a thin line of blue energy toward it's skittering form.

[roll0] Initiative
Standard Action: Ray of Frost: Roll: 24, Crit Threat, Crit hit if AC <= 16. 2 cold damage, 6 cold damage on critical
Move Action: Circle at 20' Distance

BlueWizard
2008-09-16, 12:40 AM
OOC- Please post desired actions as well. I'll move the rounds along. So, try to check in once a day for battles.

AetherFox
2008-09-16, 05:38 AM
Tomas looks at the creature in fright for a moment, and then remembers his has to act. He glaces through his prepared spells for the day. Realizing he has nothing effective, he throws up a shield around Tristan.

Initiative: 1d20+2 Stanard action: Cast Shield on Tristan. +4 Armor bonus to AC, and protection from magic missils.

KingRexII
2008-09-16, 07:52 AM
Veriben pulls out a piece of cured leather from one of his pockets and incants a simple spell word. He cracks his knuckles and moves to stand between the spider and his companions.

HP 6/6
AC 17; touch 13, flat 15
Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +1
[roll0] -- cast Mage Armor and move between the spider and other wizards, staying 5' away from the spider. Declaring Dodge bonus on spider.

Lochar
2008-09-16, 07:55 AM
Belsambor

Belsambor just raises an eyebrow at the spider.

Init: [roll0]

GimliFett
2008-09-16, 02:06 PM
Strolon LockeHP: 5/5; AC: 12 (t 12, ff 10); Init: [roll0]

Is it real? runs through Strolon's mind so quickly his mouth can't catch it. Then it does. "Bel? Is it real?" he asks.

Lochar
2008-09-16, 02:09 PM
Belsambor

"Quite, as far I as I can tell. Unfortunately."

GimliFett
2008-09-16, 02:12 PM
Strolon LockeHP: 5/5; AC: 12 (t 12, ff 10); Init: 10

The abjurer frowns and scowls. "Hrm..."

AetherFox
2008-09-16, 02:21 PM
"Crap..." Tomas tried to keep his concentration on the spider and his spell. 'For the record... I can do nothing to hurt this thing...

BlueWizard
2008-09-16, 08:05 PM
Gracepick casts a spell, and causes a stinking cloud to issue forth from his fingertips, and descend the stairs. The spider shakes as it is bothered by it, but clearly doesn't stop it! "Damnit! What good is that spell?!?"

The bold Veriben steps forward between the spider and Professor Gracepick, as he casts his Mage Armor spell.

Much to Veriben's luck, the spider goes for the wizard that just blanketed it in the stinking cloud attacking from out of the stench! The fangs sink into Gracepick! He screams loudly as he is weakened by the poison now coursing through his veins. It attacked right over Veriben!

Tristan pops it with a strong ray of frost causing it to freeze burn a little spot.
{crit damage:6} The spider is in a corridor underground...

Strolon holds...

Belsambor holds...

Tomas casts Shield on Tristan.

Kyra whips out a short sword, that she clearly doesn't have training in, and charges forward next to the brave Veriben. "What're you doing? You trying to get killed?" Her short sword glances harmless off the thick chitin of the spider.

End Round 1----------------------------->

Initiatives:
Gracepick
Veriben 17+2
Brown Recluse
Tristan 5+7
Strolon 8+2 {holding?}
Belsambor 7+2 {holding?}
Tomas 7+2
Kyra

Lochar
2008-09-16, 08:18 PM
Actually, I was waiting to see what the recluse would do, as I didn't want to post and have my post invalidated.

Belsambor

Bel pulls a bit of colorful sand from a pouch, throwing it in the air at the spider. "Sight be gone!"

Color Spray, Will save 16.

KingRexII
2008-09-16, 09:07 PM
Veriben

"Me? I'm not the one charging into the front lines without any protection or experience." He draws out a quarterstaff with both of his hands. "Unlike you, this is where I belong, Princess." He takes a hard swing at the spider like a rioting fan at one of his football games.

Five foot step if he needs to get closer to the spider. In either case, swing!
[roll0]; [roll1]

HP 6/6
AC 17; touch 13, flat 15
Fort +2; Ref +5; Will +1

BlueWizard
2008-09-16, 09:43 PM
{OOC- I will do the retro color spray, but it will be impossible not to hit Veriben, Gracepick, and Kyra in the cone into the monster's eyes. Considering the monster is currently trying to eat Gracepick, and Veriben and Kyra are right up in there.}

OOC2- It is best if the players post an if/then or A/B/even C type of post.

Lochar
2008-09-17, 08:10 AM
OOC:
Then hold off the color spray. I'm basically useless at the moment.

GimliFett
2008-09-17, 02:59 PM

Strolon quickly makes the passes for a simple, yet almost always successful attack spell, sending a bright dart of force to strike the spider. "Spread out!" he calls to the others. "Bel? I know illusions won't be effective. What else do you have available?"

[roll0]
Sorry. I was kinda waiting to see what else was going on and lost track of it.

Lochar
2008-09-17, 03:03 PM
Belsambor

"Prestidigitation. Either that, or a color spray. I wasn't exactly expecting combat today."

GimliFett
2008-09-17, 03:06 PM

The abjurer nods. "Understandable. I try to be prepared."

ZekeArgo
2008-09-17, 09:17 PM
Tristan Arthen

The evoker shrugs toward the others, his skills honed in the dueling circle coming helping now far more than even he expected. Another word and gesture has a blue ray arcing toward the creature.

HP: 6/6 AC 16 (12t, 13 ff), Init: 8

Standard: Ray of Frost (Point Blank + Precise Shot) - Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Move: Keep a 20' Distance from it

AetherFox
2008-09-17, 09:39 PM
{OOC: Guys, let's hold up. As far as I know, Gracepick, Vibren, and the brown recluse still need to go.}

BlueWizard
2008-09-20, 03:39 PM
{OOC- Sorry about delays, I'll be back to normal posting by Sunday. This was just a warm-up battle.}

Round 2:
Gracepick steps back and away even in his sickened state, and fires 2 acid arrows at the creature from the wand. He looks annoyed at it, and shakes his head...

Still, the arrows strike hard and melt the creature's face, killing it.
"That wasn't supposed to be there!"

Battle end: {The battles won't be like this normally. And should be more challenged for you... but as you will see Gracepick is going to bow out.:smallwink: Though there was a chance Gracepick could've survived...}

Gracepick is sick, and sits down at the top of the stair. Some time later his muscles go into convulsions, he is dead in seconds as his heart stops. He tries to get out words holding up the wand as he does, looking right at Strolon, "Think Kittens..."

He collapses at the top of the stair and dies, the wand clatters to the stairs beside him.

KingRexII
2008-09-22, 12:37 PM
Veriben shoulders his quarterstaff when the spider dies and runs to Gracepick. He can do nothing to stop the inevitable and watches in silence as the professor dies.

He picks up the dropped wand and backs away from the corpse. He bows his head in reverence and stands in silence.

BlueWizard
2008-09-22, 02:28 PM
The spider is still hissing and dying as Veriben nears the wand. The spider tumbles down the stairs, and looks to be blocking the base of the stairs.

Gracepick is quite dead, and now stiff as a board as the poison freezes him even more.

Veriben has seen the staff wands in use. They were a minor form of Wild Magic, and were designed to enhance your spell. Somehow you focused your spell through them, mostly to good effects. There was usually an mental command, but the staff-wizards never shared them with students.

Lochar
2008-09-22, 02:33 PM
Belsambor

Giving a single, somber glance at the fallen professor, Belsambor looks at the spider. "Do we wish to let the spider expire on it's own, before continuing down?"

Blue:Will Bel have a chance to get back to the dorm to retrieve his spellbooks, or can I consider him to have them on him?

BlueWizard
2008-09-22, 02:36 PM
OOC- I will allow your main spell book, as well as at least 2 or 3 thinner traveling books. You would have one now, don't leave home without it. :smallcool:

Lochar
2008-09-22, 02:37 PM
Bel's got two actual books. One is his illusions book, which he doesn't actually need, and the other is the spellbook with non-illusions in it. I can consider him to have those and his backpack then?

AetherFox
2008-09-22, 02:39 PM
Tomas was quite shaken when Gracepick had falle, but quickly snapped back to reality upon hearing Belsambore speak. "I...I suppose so..." Tomas starts taking s step down the stairs absentmindedly...

Blue:Will Bel have a chance to get back to the dorm to retrieve his spellbooks, or can I consider him to have them on him?

{Same thing for weapones? I thought it was a little wierd when Kyra
whipped out a shortsword she had taken with her to the dance.}

BlueWizard
2008-09-22, 02:49 PM
You were all on your honor at the Dance, and the Wizard staff watched for trouble carefully. You can bring what ever you want, as long as it is concealed. Basically, you all have your stuff if you want.

BlueWizard
2008-09-23, 03:03 PM
At the base of the stairs is a great chamber. At this point Strolon will know nothing more. There was something important down here, and he knew it, but not even the staff's favorite student could gain these secrets.

There were 4 doors in the southern wall all black with silver runes protecting them. The center of this room at the base of the stairs had an old stone podium. When all of you are here the doors above you slam shut, and a green whirlwind spins on the podium.

It takes the form of a human, glowing in the eerie green. It is some old wizard looking man in ghost form. He smiles and looks pleased at seeing you.
"Ah... students. Hard times? Well, the tests to get to the secrets can be performed by students. But, only those showing true regard for the university may finish. You will become powerful, but it must be needed if they've awakened me." He looks to Veriben holding the staff wand. "Have they trained you on that? Be careful, they have been known to back-fire. Anyway, these 4 doors hold different paths. Once you choose one, you won't be able to go back. There may be many choices like this. I would like to tell you youths that this isn't dangerous... but it is. The professors may try to get you help as they can, some have left gifts down here in anticipation hundreds of years ago for such an event. Never once has this campus been threatened, and even in death I will not allow it. I can aid you 3 times, but only for advice and history. I want to warn you, I am a little out-of-date on modern histories."

Lochar
2008-09-23, 03:21 PM
Belsambor

"Would it be a use of aid to know what the four paths represent? Or must we decipher that for ourselves?"

KingRexII
2008-09-23, 04:56 PM
Veriben

"No, not exactly. I've seen them use it many times." He speaks more to himself, though still audibly: "I don't really know why I took it. Seemed the right thing to do at the time..."

He begins to examine the staff and waving it around -- more like a quarterstaff than a wand -- while he waits for more instructions from the strange ghost wizard.

BlueWizard
2008-09-23, 05:02 PM
The ghost speaks to Belasambor, "Excellent question. The paths are of the four elements. So, you will choose your test, but from then it is anyone's guess as to what the wild magic will provide. Luckily you do not bring mighty magic into the test zone, then it would be extra perilous. Choose your way: Fire. Earth, Water, or Air."

Lochar
2008-09-23, 07:41 PM
Belsambor

Belsambor gives the smallest of frowns at the four doors. "All must choose one way, or each of us may choose our own? Do each of the doors lead to the same location, only our choice of element differ? I can see a different element for each of us, depending on our choices of magic. As an Illusionist, I would follow the path of wind, the unseen yet felt. An evoker might choose fire, while a diviner water."

BlueWizard
2008-09-23, 07:44 PM
"One way for all." The spirit says apologetically.

AetherFox
2008-09-23, 07:51 PM
Tomas looks in amasement at the ghost, and tries to soak up all of the information he has been shown. During a pause, he says;
"If I can suggest something, let us not take the paths of fire or earth. These doors are dangerous, as you said, and is seems that compared to raging flames and falling stones, water or air pose the smallest threat."

Lochar
2008-09-23, 07:51 PM
Belsambor

Nodding to the ghost, Bel turns to the rest of the group. "If we must all go in one direction, we need to look at it in the sense of what might be found behind each door. Fire, in the general sense, is a danger. I don't think any of us have enough power to control flame for all of us, for a long enough time. Water, on the same hand. We all can swim, but I do not see that we would want to lose spellbooks. So Air, or Earth."

AetherFox
2008-09-23, 07:53 PM
Tomas shakes his head.
"I wouldn't too much like to flee from falling rocks, though there is wisdom in your words. Let us take air, then?"

Lochar
2008-09-23, 08:13 PM
Belsambor

Bel looks to the others. "Any other thoughts, or shall we go with Air?"

KingRexII
2008-09-23, 08:58 PM
Veriben

"There are dangers associated with all elements -- even the most innocuous of opponents has a strength that can topple giants." He punctuates his words with swipes of the staff wand. He eventually puts it away. "It doesn't matter what we choose at this point as all we have is conjecture. Air is a fine enough choice -- although we could use one of our outs with the ghostly professor to help us select."

BlueWizard
2008-09-23, 11:09 PM
The ghost chuckles at Tomas' comment, "Best not to tempt this test."
To Veriben he nods, "It is true that all are equal. This is one place I can offer no better advice for another. Your three times calling for me will begin when you are below the earth and beyond the seal."

Lochar
2008-09-24, 04:08 PM
Belsambor

Bel looks to the ghost. "I guess Air it is then. Shall we begin?"

AetherFox
2008-09-24, 04:10 PM
The ghost chuckles at Tomas' comment, "Best not to tempt this test." Roflcopter. I gets it.

Lochar
2008-09-24, 04:11 PM
It was to the falling rocks comment. Every DM's Rule 0 counter move. Rocks fall, you all die.

BlueWizard
2008-09-24, 07:48 PM
When the leader among you steps on the dark podium before the black door with the air symbols it slides open.

Beyond is a swirling yellow-white portal.

"Your path. The path of Air."

The ghost will fade as the door opens.

Another door will fall and seal off the stairway back up.

The longer you stand here, the more you will feel light-headed as air begins to be removed from this main chamber.

OOC- In OOC thread let us pick a party marching order.

AetherFox
2008-09-24, 07:52 PM
Tomas stepps catiously as he moves through the portal, wincin slightly as the magic washes over him.

{OOC: I'll be somewhere in back. Who has the highest AC?}

KingRexII
2008-09-24, 10:08 PM
Veriben draws his quarterstaff, and with a twirl of his weapon, he enters the portal.

BlueWizard
2008-09-24, 11:24 PM
Those of you stepping through the swirling golden portal will vanish and reappear in a white marble chamber. There are no exits, only a white marbled dais.

Those staying in the Original Room, will lose consciousness if they stay.

On the dais is a podium and two raised tables of sorts. On one table are many boxes. Colored by size. Red-smallest, Yellow, Green, Blue-largest in order, there are more red boxes than yellow, more yellow than green, and so forth.

Lochar
2008-09-25, 07:39 AM
Belsambor

Bel passes through the portal, and peers at the boxes. "Tell me this isn't a logic puzzle." he says quietly to himself.

KingRexII
2008-09-25, 08:19 AM
Veriben

"What? No instructions?" he asks while he begins to look around for some hint at what they're supposed to do. He takes care not to touch the tables or the boxes.

Take 20 on Spot and Search if able for 19 and 22, respectively.

AetherFox
2008-09-25, 05:21 PM
Upon entering the room, Tom walkes up to the dias, picks up one of the green cubes, and turns it to see if anything is inside.

How many of each cube are there, and do they obviously hold something?

BlueWizard
2008-09-26, 08:55 PM
There are 128 red ones, 64 yellow, 32 green, 16 blue.

They are sized so that put together they form a perfect square, and this is a good guess to the exact number using your intelligent minds.

All sit as a large cube on a pedestal not far from another one. The pedestal with nothing on it is raised about 3 feet higher than the pedestal with the colored cubes.

Lochar
2008-09-26, 09:12 PM
Belsambor

Bel takes one of the smallest red boxes and sets it aside for a moment, to test to see if the boxes can be taken completely off the pedestals.

Either way, he smiles ever so slightly. "It's a weight exercise. And most probably, not only must we make the weight on both pedestals equal, most likely we also need to rebuild this as two solid blocks."

Belsambor looks at the others. "Shall we weigh the blocks in difference to each other?

AetherFox
2008-09-26, 09:33 PM
"Your probably right about the wieghts. However, better then measuring them ourselves, I suggest we place one cube on the higher pedistal while the other remains bare. It should sink down, since it is lighter then the empty one. We can mark the place where the pillar then touches the ground with some ink, and repeat the same process for the other colored cubes. If we do it correctly, we should get a series of rings around the pedistal, telling us how much each individual cube moves the pedistal. What do you think?"

BlueWizard
2008-09-26, 09:39 PM
Belsambor's initial experiment works, though as the red ones are removed a red gas begins to leak into the room from tiny holes. It smells toxic, and a bit ferrous.

Tomas notices that putting the red ones on to the other pedestal moves both, as if they are balanced. The gas leak is small, but it is clear that there is meant to be some timer for this test.

Lochar
2008-09-26, 11:57 PM
Belsambor

"Everyone, hold your breath." After giving them a few seconds to do so, Belsambor starts moving blocks.

All sixteen blue boxes, thirteen green, and three red blocks are moved to the opposing pedestal.

16*25=416
416+ 13*9 = 533
533+3 =536.

That's half of the total number of possible red blocks. Pretend that Bel reconfigured both to be squares again. :P

KingRexII
2008-09-27, 05:25 AM
Veriben gasps as the gas begins to seep in. "By Zeus's Wounds, I hate tests..." He takes Bel's advice and holds his breath.

BlueWizard
2008-09-27, 01:19 PM
The boxes are oddly shaped, and make no sense. Belsambor moves all the large blue boxes to one pedestal and a blue gas pours out of higher holes smelling of smog. A green gas from other holes seem to render the red gas inert as the green boxes are moved, but then too much green gas continues. Belsambor definitely feels as if he's making progress, but the blue gas comes pouring in when all are placed on one pedestal.

The wall on the side of the room you came in also begins to glow yellow.

Lochar
2008-09-27, 01:44 PM
Belsambor

Half and half then. Belsambor thinks, holding his breath and moving blocks again.

Half of the blue go back, 3 green come over, 32 yellow go to pedestal 2, 61 red to pedastal 2.

So on each is 8 blue, 16 green, 32 yellow, and 64 red.

BlueWizard
2008-09-27, 03:23 PM
Belsambor is on it now, and balances the cubes. This isn't quite right and some gas still trickles in. A rainbow of colors mixing, and causing your knees to buckle a little under the stench.

Belsambor also figures out how they are pieced together into smaller cubes. Once they are centered on their pedestals, the mounts balance, and the gas pours even faster. However, the wall behind the dais opens. It is a stone wall that opens, and reveals a white corridor straight down.

{OOC- I won't let INT rolls solve everything.:smallcool:}

Lochar
2008-09-27, 03:26 PM
Belsambor

Bel nods, and waves to the others, before fairly well charging towards the newly opened doors.

BlueWizard
2008-09-27, 07:06 PM
Belsambor and Kyra are the first through, and find themselves slipping on the ground as if it were frictionless. They will slide down the corridor.

KingRexII
2008-09-27, 07:39 PM
Veriben raises an eyebrow. If they were in peril, he might consider this fun. With his breath still held, he sets himself up for the slide and sends himself down in a controlled manner.

AetherFox
2008-09-27, 09:31 PM
Tomas takes a careful look at the slope before throwing himself down the slide once he knows that Bel and Kyra are safely at the bottom.

BlueWizard
2008-09-27, 09:48 PM
Veriben and Tomas are next into the hall. Strolon and Tristan are a bit overwhelmed by the gases. Strolon manages to throw himself over the dais and down the shaft behind Tomas, but Tristan doesn't make it.

Most of you will side safely to a hall that T's left and right from the slippery sloped hall. You feel as if there was air coming from the ground that caused the frictionless state of the hall. {Sort of like modern air hockey tables}

A stone wall drops and blocks the sloped corridor once you've all come to rest on top of one another. There is no Tristan here. He didn't make it.

OOC- I am a brutal DM. ZekeArgo, thanks for playing. Mostly because he couldn't make it.

KingRexII
2008-09-27, 11:07 PM
Veriben breathes deeply as he lands. He moves off the people he's fallen on top of, saying sheepishly, "Sorry."

At the sight of no Tristan, Veriben sighs quietly, but sadly -- yet another casualty of this attack. He takes little time to grieve as many lives are still at risk. He draws his quarterstaff and shakily makes his way to the end of the corridor to see what he can see.

[roll0], in case Veriben needs it to move
[roll1], [roll2]

BlueWizard
2008-09-29, 12:05 AM
The corridors stretch over 200 feet in either direction into darkness. From there you will likely need light. The magical lighting of this underground turns off, and ends at this middle point in the hall.

BlueWizard
2008-09-29, 02:43 PM
OOC- Just remember bored DMs like to make things exciting. :smallamused:

This does man one thing. Good XP for survivors.:smallbiggrin:

Lochar
2008-09-29, 02:46 PM
Belsambor

Bel gets up once he is unburied from the others, and looks around, noticing the lack of light, and shakes his head.

Then, for lack of a current better idea, he looks around the vicinity to see if the current light source is coming from anything in particular, and if so, if it is movable.

BlueWizard
2008-09-29, 02:49 PM
The light source here is like so many on the campus, and is merely a spot on the ceiling with continual light cast upon it. It is said it could burn up some day, but no wizard has ever been around to outlive their spell.

This light spot, now found could be covered if so desired, but not moved.

AetherFox
2008-09-29, 02:59 PM
Tomas picks himself off of the pile, and seems a little withdrawn, trying to forget what just happens to Tristan. He turns twards the left passage, and as he walks, cracks a sunrod against his knee to activate it, and holds it high in the air to light the most area. He looks at the others behind him and says, "Come, lets keep moving, incase that gas doesn't stop..."

Lochar
2008-09-29, 03:12 PM
Belsambor

"Tests, remember? It wouldn't be a good test, if the second one is affected by the first." Belsambor looks at the others. "Besides, does anyone have a light source? If we must go either way, I would much rather see where we go. We could use Prestidigitation to create a small flame, but that wouldn't give more light than a candle."

AetherFox
2008-09-29, 03:21 PM
Sorry for the double post. Tomas just activated a sunrod.

Lochar
2008-09-29, 03:57 PM
Belsambor

Noting the sunrod being activated even as he speaks, Bel grins slightly. "We brought some of the oddest things to the graduation party. I think I'm almost glad we ended up as we did, because it looks like it would have been a hell of a crash otherwise."

Bel then pulls a coin from his pocket. Heads left, tails right, since I don't think we care which way we go." and then flips the coin.

[roll0]

BlueWizard
2008-09-29, 04:32 PM
Heads to the left?

With Tomas' sunrod the group is set to go, it bends to the right some distance ahead.

KingRexII
2008-09-29, 04:37 PM
Veriben, with his weapon in hand, leads the group down the left corridor. ((Unless anyone objects.))

BlueWizard
2008-09-29, 05:56 PM
There is an end to the hall after the corner. A room with another altar of sorts. This is a room carved from the dark stone earth rock. In the wall at the end of this hall is a bright ball of crackling white energy. All of you would've read about positive energy, but only in theory. This is an entire sphere, about 3 feet in diameter.

Below the sphere of positivity is a black button. And it looks as if it is a hemi-sphere of positive energy, but is actually a sphere mounted in the wall.

Lochar
2008-09-29, 07:07 PM
Belsambor

Bel nods at the dais. "Before we touch anything, we should go see what is down the other hall. I would guess that it would be either a duplicate of this, or the reverse."

BlueWizard
2008-09-29, 07:46 PM
A quick examination will show Belsambor to be a seer.

There is a crackling black sphere of negative energy in the wall here with a white button below it.

KingRexII
2008-09-29, 09:14 PM
Veriben

"I suppose there's not much to do now other than pressing the buttons. I'll do the honor here" -- he points to the black button with his staff -- "and perhaps someone else should watch the other end to see what happens there."

Lochar
2008-09-29, 09:46 PM
Belsambor

"Or it could be possible both must be pressed at once. Balance positive and negative."

KingRexII
2008-09-29, 10:41 PM
Veriben

He nods in Bel's direction, acknowledging the possible validity of his idea. He moves towards the black button and clenches his fist, poised to slam it down. "All right, then, Belsambor. Shout out the countdown when you get to the other side. Tomas, Princess -- watch our backs, won't you?"

Lochar
2008-09-29, 10:50 PM
Belsambor

"I will give you a five count. On zero, hit the button."

Bel looks to the others. "In case our idea is flawed, would at least one of you stand back in the center area, where the continual light was? I do not think it will have a bad effect outside these two rooms."

If there is agreeance, Bel will borrow the second sunrod, with promises to pay it back, and then go to the positive energy sphere.

"Five. Four. Three. Two. One. ZERO!"

BlueWizard
2008-09-30, 04:07 AM
Belsambor stops Veriben from pushing the button too soon, and they get in place by either hall's button.

When the cues are sounded, you find that the sound travels pretty well this long distance. {a third person at center might even time the button push better on his voice} The buttons push in and there is a large click which seems to release the spheres of energy from their mounts. There are no passages behind the balls, except a depression in the rock.

You will need to duck as they slowly come toward you and head back in the direction toward the continual light area.

KingRexII
2008-09-30, 04:45 PM
Veriben uses his staff as a poor man's shield as the sphere comes towards him before ducking and allowing it to pass by him. He follows it to the corner and watches both his sphere are the wall from which it came.

BlueWizard
2008-10-01, 10:01 AM
Strolon who was in the middle and called out to the button pushers see the spheres turn the corner at the same time. They are coming straight for him and should reach the lit area at the same time.

Lochar
2008-10-01, 10:13 AM
Belsambor

Bel walks slowly behind the ball, and once he turns the corner calmly shouts out. "Back up, and let them touch each other. Stay as far back from their connection point as possible."

BlueWizard
2008-10-01, 01:48 PM
Strolon and Tomas barely move out of the way of the spheres as they come at them. The two of them split up. As the orbs near, the group retreats around the corners. There is an explosion when they meet that none of you will witness. There is a flash of light that fills the main hall. It then turns dark again.

When you peek around the corner at the lit area, you will see another corridor in the wall now, across from the area you'd come in.

AetherFox
2008-10-01, 02:09 PM
Tomas blinks a couple of times, trying to wipe the stars from his vision. "Dear gods, that was some explosion." Then his eyes fall on the new passage. "Hey, it actually worked! Yay for reckless behavior!"

Lochar
2008-10-01, 02:48 PM
Belsambor

Bel smiles quietly. "I guess reckless evocation does have the occasional use."

He moves back around the corner. "Shall we continue on? We don't know how many more of these tests there are, and I'd rather not waste assistance on that question to find out."

AetherFox
2008-10-01, 04:29 PM
"If she even knows. Yeah, come on, let's go..."
With a smile, Tomas begins to walk down the recently exposed path.

BlueWizard
2008-10-01, 11:25 PM
The passage continues for 100 feet through the new opening that formed near the illuminated region. When all of you move on it shuts behind you. The sunrods are still needed as it is dark here. The corridor slopes down into the earth. The walls are carved out of the earth.

There seems to be a dark room with a fountain in it up ahead.

Lochar
2008-10-02, 01:00 PM
Belsambor

Bel continues moving forward, making sure he is with the group so the brightest light stays with him. He attempts to get the group to stop the moment what they think is the fountain comes into view, so they can look at it from a distance first.

BlueWizard
2008-10-02, 10:24 PM
It seems to be a simple fountain with a few level, and a spurt at the top. Though no water spurts from it. As the group enters a magic mouth speaks from the wall.
"What carries water, but cannot be seen?"

Lochar
2008-10-02, 10:34 PM
Belsambor

Bel thinks for a moment, then a grin touches his face. "The air we breathe."

BlueWizard
2008-10-02, 10:45 PM
The wall's mouth puckers for a moment and mutters, "Not quite the correct word..."

Lochar
2008-10-02, 10:48 PM
Excuse my bad spelling then. Were you looking for breathe or breath?

Belsambor

"Our breath then."

BlueWizard
2008-10-02, 11:07 PM
The fountain seems to blow air around the room whipping your hair, and flapping your robes about.
"The correct answer is not man-made."

OOC- I'm not going to kill Bel for actually posting and trying. :smallwink:

OOC2- Expect some new PCs to join in the future. Non-wizards, but not your normal group by any means. :smallamused:

AetherFox
2008-10-03, 02:07 PM
"Hmm, carries water..."
Tomas leans against an opposing wall, closes his eye and thinks.
"Can the carrier not be seen, or the water?"
Then, under his breath he adds;
"Ah, nevermind, it probably can't answer that...

BlueWizard
2008-10-04, 02:46 AM
Veriben will call upon the master of this test, and summon the powerful ghost before you, as the wind from the fountain whips about violently. {DM action}

Strolon is lifted up as the ghost is being summoned the rest of you duck your heads and manage to hold your feet. Strolon's head is bashed into the walls and rock, splattering his blood all over you.

"It is the WIND!" The Ghost says and then fades away.

Strolon's limp form is seen collapsing as everything flashes away before your eyes.

Veriben, Tomas, Kyra, and Belsambor only are here.

Where here is is hard to say. But it looks as if you are in an underground natural cavern with only one way to go. You are all confused by the sudden transport and are not even sure what cardinal direction it is you are supposed to be going.

You see no sign of Strolon.

OOC- Hey, he could've checked in with me at least once... GimliFett is out.

KingRexII
2008-10-04, 09:21 PM
"Sorry for jumping the wand there, fellas, but I didn't want another wrong answer to doom us, like our poor companions. Too many questions with too little answers seems to be a recipe for death around here." He points his staff toward their only choice. "Let us away to the next test."

Lochar
2008-10-04, 09:25 PM
Belsambor

Bel winces as they lose another, but stays quiet, and then nods to Veriben. "A suitable answer."

BlueWizard
2008-10-06, 11:34 AM
The passage ahead is long, and looks to go deep into the earth. You may be a the base of some fissure for you cannot see a ceiling. It is cool here, but your robes will keep you warm. You will travel sometime, and see nothing, and not even a hit at a hidden passage. This is all natural, and the light of the sunrod will soon seem like home.

Lochar
2008-10-06, 11:50 AM
Belsambor

Bel's brown creases slightly. As the continue walking, he reaches out with one hand, casually dragging it across a wall when they walk by it.

As the group illusionist, Belsambor refuses to believe, and touches a wall to interact with it. Will Save: [roll0]

Now, with the way my luck is running today, I'm going to either roll a 1, or a 20. There is no in between.

AetherFox
2008-10-06, 02:13 PM
Tomas

Tomas walkes into the empty room, equally perplexed. He gazes up at the roof, then turns twards Bel and asks, "Bel, what are you doing?"

Heh, woops. I was looking up to see what there was. Is it a natural opening, or does it just streach up very far? Can we see the sky?"

Lochar
2008-10-06, 02:16 PM
Waiting on my response from the great GM in the sky?

Belsambor

"We're not done with our tests, and this place doesn't seem right to me. Therefore, I am testing for illusions." Bel explains quietly, keeping his senses open in the general area.

AetherFox
2008-10-06, 02:46 PM
Tomas

"Ah, I see. Well, move carefully then. The last few tests didn't go so well..."

I was looking up to see exactly wat the ceailing was made out of. I wasn't sure if we were exposed to the sky above us.

BlueWizard
2008-10-06, 04:59 PM
Tomas won't be able to see the 'ceiling' and it goes up into darkness beyond the lowlight of the sunrod.

Belsambor will walk for a long time and see nothing, and all seems like solid rock.

Ahead you will see a great chamber that seems to be glittering with gold. Fear seems to emanate from this room.

Kyra will stay close to Tomas.

AetherFox
2008-10-06, 06:54 PM
Tomas

Tomas seems fascinated by the shining gold and draws warily close to it, mustering his courage. "It looks like this is the only way to go..." Tomsa steps into the great chamber.

{Fear effect? No problem! Will save if necessary: [roll0] }

Lochar
2008-10-06, 09:09 PM
Belsambor

If it's a dragon, I really should have been a diviner. Bel thinks to himself, as he walks towards the area.

Will Save: [roll0]

BlueWizard
2008-10-07, 11:26 AM
Indeed it is a dragon, and all of you are frozen in fear as you near the chamber. The greatest dragon you've ever read of and even bigger could not match this great wyrm that filled the chamber with his body. A massive pile of gold and platinum was his bed, in an enormous underground cavern. You were about 50 feet up from the base of it, on the edge of a cliff looking out into the gold dragon's chamber.

It flaps it's wings and eases your fear. The golden pools of radiance that are its eyes engulf you as they take you in. The great lizard rises up to face you and speaks with a booming voice, "Why doth thou young students wake me from my great slumber!"

Lochar
2008-10-07, 11:31 AM
Belsambor

Eyes wide, if only because of the massive size of the dragon, Bel speaks quickly, and concisely. "We were at the graduation ceremony, when a orb of powerful, and evil, magic appeared. Master Jalberg called it a chaos sphere, and that we needed to come down here to save the school. Can you explain to us what has happened, Great One?"

AetherFox
2008-10-07, 02:56 PM
Tomas

Tomas stands, gaping at the dragon as Bel speaks, and thinks "Dear gods! Has this thing been sleeping under the school the whole time?!"

BlueWizard
2008-10-07, 07:08 PM
When Belsambor begins speaking you almost think the dragon is going to laugh from amusement, but he listens carefully and intently. The word chaos-sphere causes the great wyrm's gold eyes to flash. "Chaos-sphere!"

He raises his head above you all, far above you the fissure rises into darkness and out of sight. "The time has come then. I know not of the new school master Jalberg, but the agreement is clear. The rise of the darklords is near."
He looks up for some time into the darkness, and then to the tiny mortals before him. "If no professors have come to me, then dark times have indeed fallen upon your city.... that or many have forgotten me..." he sighs, and the ground shutters as if an earthquake shakes the chamber.
"I must awaken the others. The time for the dragons to rise is here, and we will benefit mankind in our doing. The forces of the Abyss are spilling into your world, and we all must unite to stop it. Deep in the earth is the secret weapon of the wizards. You must be the chosen ones to obtain it, but you will need aid. I will do what I can, but I need to warn the others. All mortal should fear this evil force. Never say this name, and I do only to warn you. Forces of Cthulhu are never to be trusted. They should be executed on sight."

AetherFox
2008-10-07, 07:59 PM
Tomas

When Tomas realizes that the dragon isn't intent on eating them, he regains his composure and says, "Great dragon, how will we know what manner of creatures these "Forces of Cth-" evil are?" Then he remembers the fire wizards and scowels. "Could they be...?" He thinks.

Lochar
2008-10-08, 09:43 AM
Belsambor

"Can you guide us, Great One, or do we still have two answers from the ghost professor that guided us to you? What do we need to do to get to this weapon?"

BlueWizard
2008-10-08, 10:47 AM
"The mark of the octopi and the squid are their calling cards." The gold dragon says firmly. "Each of you will be granted the sight, and will be able to detect the forces of the Abyss. To battle this evil I grant you enhanced power when battling them." Immediately you feel empowered.
{OOC- Detect Abyssal evil, if you have planar knowledge, I'll give you +2 on this type of evil. Also, fighting this evil your spells are cast with +2 to INT and at +1 to level in power.}

The dragon looks kindly at Belsambor, "The entrance to the wizard's maze is below, I will send you there. The aid of your master will still be available. I must go, and you must rest. Recover your spells, and ready to unlock the gates of the wizards."

You will all feel sleepy, but before the golden behemoth fades from your sight you can still speak.

Lochar
2008-10-08, 11:08 AM
Belsambor

Bel bows quickly to the dragon. "We thank you for your assistance, Great One."

AetherFox
2008-10-08, 02:14 PM
Tomas

Tomas quickly follows Bel's bow, and, with drooping eyes he says; "You know, Bel, no one back at the university will believe we saw a Great Wyrm..."

KingRexII
2008-10-09, 10:00 PM
Veriben

Veriben acts on his most royal and proper behavior in front of the great dragon, bowing and nodding when appropriate. He speaks not a word to him, taking the stance of not speaking until spoken to.

He allows the soporific effects from the dragon wash over him.

BlueWizard
2008-10-10, 10:24 PM
The dragon will breathe his normal breath on you, but it is gentle and refreshing and smells of saltwater taffy. You will begin to sleep.

In your dreams.... you feel awake....
You will feel empowered, and can FLY.
"You must go. The darkness of the Abyss has the power to bury us all. I sleep as guardian to the great treasures below, but cannot retrieve them myself. The ancient magic of my forefathers have imbued these caverns with magic that will only summon guardians within your reach to defeat. Some may be reasoned with, but the ancients felt trial by fire was the best way to earn success."

He will light up a cavern across his great treasure chamber, and you will see a hole into the rock. "Go and you all will have my blessing. Aid will come, the rocks will summon them to your side."

When/If you fly off the ledge toward the lit passage, and pass the dragon you will indeed feel blessed.
{As long as the Fly works, so will this 'blessing' +2 to everything, and this is in addition to the Abyssal bonus which is now a permanent gift to your PCs.}

KingRexII
2008-10-12, 12:59 AM
Veriben

Veriben breathes deep as the desire and the need to lift up from the ground pulls him upward. He smiles as he takes to flying like a fish to swimming. "Trial by fire seems just perfect to me," he says to himself as he flies directly toward the lit passage, not even glancing toward the treasure below.

AetherFox
2008-10-23, 02:18 PM
Tomas Cramos

Trusting of the ancient draconic magic at work, Tomas takes a quick leap off the edge, allowing the spell to catch him. He rushes up and flies close to Vibren.
"This is awesome!"
He yells, loud enough to hear over the rushing of air.

So sorry. Was everyone waiting for me to post? :smallredface:

BlueWizard
2009-02-25, 01:29 AM
High into the sky the young wizards fly above the clouds and over the sea.

{OOC- If anyone is still interested...}

BlueWizard
2009-02-26, 05:48 PM
{OOC- This will end this thread officially}

The young wizards fly off, and will save the city.

Bigger and better awaits them, and this may not be the last you see of these survivors.