PDA

View Full Version : Webspace

Castaras
2008-09-07, 05:29 AM
Having got annoyed at Freewebs, I'm currently looking for a new webhosting place.

Can't really go for anything other than free, because I'm still only a kid, and my personal site isn't going to be viewed enough to make it worth paying for a space. :smallsmile:

Things I'm after:
- Free
- Raw HTML editor
- Not freewebs :smalltongue:

Things I'd like:
- No ads / Ability to customize where ads are placed on your webpages
- Reasonable bandwidth and webspace size.

So...any suggestions?

Haruki-kun
2008-09-07, 11:58 AM
Well, I have no idea, but... this might be useful. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Internet_hosting)

I'm no internet expert, but... in my experience, Free + No ads = Non existant.

Castaras
2008-09-07, 02:42 PM
Yeah, that's why I'm hoping for a place that has ads, but you decide where they go. Or something like that.

celestialkin
2008-09-12, 08:47 PM
I would love to know this as well.

I use freeweb, but it's so limiting.

I personally do not mind adds. I just care about it being simple to use. I have no HTML experience, so an integrated WYSIWYG (I believe that is the term) into the site like freeweb is what I desperately need. It could have all the adds it want, as long as all I need to do is drag, upload images, and type.

Recaiden
2008-09-12, 09:14 PM
I have no experience, but i suggest the link Haruki-kun provided. Why exactly did you leave freewebs? That might help.

Reinboom
2008-09-13, 01:43 AM
I can give you webspace.

Here's the limitations:
If your site ends up getting a thousand hits a day, I'm going to ask to put an ad somewhere on there. Wherever you want though.
Try to keep it under 2 gb of space, unless you really want to upload gigantic. Then ask.

Uh, that's about it.
PHP 4.4.9
MySQL 4 IIRC (might be 5, haven't checked in a bit)
Under domain name of pifro.com/*, *.pifro.com, pifro.net/*, *.pifro.net or... if you can find an open domain name you want, I can give you that too.
(Castaras.com and .net are already taken though, just checked)
Oh, and my site won't be "simple".
You access by FTP. You code in only raw html, php, cgi, or whatever you need to do. You upload. You go on with your day. However, you will have to know how to code. (or.. buy dreamweaver or something - not recommended)