PDA

View Full Version : Red Alert free

Smight
2008-09-07, 09:51 AM
Today, August 31st, 2008 marks the 13th anniversary of the storied Command & Conquer franchise, which has sold over 25 million copies to date. And to celebrate this milestone and this October's highly anticipated return to the world of Red Alert with Red Alert 3, we are giving away one of the original games that started it all, Command & Conquer Red Alert, for FREE.
here's the link:
http://www.ea.com/redalert/news-detail.jsp?id=62

Kizara
2008-09-07, 04:55 PM
I see EA is trying very very hard to improve their public image.

Good luck to them, they make some decent games. If they can only stop their underhanded business practices (SecureRom) they would be a great producer.

EDIT: The amount of fanservice (chicks) in that preview video is downright amusing. I mean, RA always had a bit of that, but they are really going over-the-top with it. I don't exactly approve, but it probably will be entertaining.

Also, is that Pamela Anderson they have playing Tanya? That is suuuch a bad casting choice, as the biggest 'blonde bimbo' of our modern culture isn't going to be believable as a saucy badass (see original RA vids to see what I mean).

Victor Thorian
2008-09-07, 05:09 PM
Also, is that Pamela Anderson they have playing Tanya? That is suuuch a bad casting choice, as the biggest 'blonde bimbo' of our modern culture isn't going to be believable as a saucy badass (see original RA vids to see what I mean).

I don't think she is, this one looks much younger. Isn't pamela around 150 years old?

To stay on topic, there was already a thread about this, but it wasn't titled as such so it's only logical OP missed it when he did the search. YOU DID THE SEARCH, DIDN'T YOU CITIZEN? oh nevermind the Commisserat training =P

While I think Ra3 will be good, I doubt it will be good enough to compete with Sc2, that's why EA is trying to release it ASAP with much fan service ( girls and free games? huh? ) Personally, the Japanese Loli anime girl of superpower ( lol yuriclone fail ) ruined it for me.

Ecalsneerg
2008-09-07, 05:13 PM
Wait... was that Sulu near the end of that video?

Driderman
2008-09-08, 01:11 AM
Wait... was that Sulu near the end of that video?

It sure looked like George Takei.

Tom_Violence
2008-09-08, 01:36 AM
I couldn't see the whole video as my computer has gone all mental for a bit, but it ain't Pamela Anderson, no. Tanya seems to be played by Jenny McCarthy (am I showing my age slightly by recognising her?), a Playboy pin-up from the 90s. It also has Gemma Atkinson (any Brit should recognise her as that girl what played Lisa in Hollyoaks a few years ago), Jonathan Pryce (any decent human being should recognise him from Terry Gilliam's Brazil), and of course the aforementioned Mr. Sulu.

But all that completely pales in comparison to the fact that the game will contain the king of dodgy acting, Tim Curry! (http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2295635456/tt0089469)