PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Astral Construct Ability Stacking

Randomosity
2008-09-07, 05:36 PM
Denizens of the Giant:

I'm currently building a psion for a game and have decided to head towards ectopic adept at level six. Besides taking expanded knowledge to even have astral construct (character is actually a telepath because I wanted almost all of those abilities and only the one shaper), I've also taken Ectopic Form (Alabaster Aerial) and Boost Construct. Before I give it to the DM to look over, though, does Boost Construct/Ectopic Form stack with the standard abilities of a construct? That is, can I have my Aerial cake and then load it up with the standard bonus ability and then frost it with the Boost's bonus?

Starbuck_II
2008-09-07, 06:33 PM
Denizens of the Giant:

I'm currently building a psion for a game and have decided to head towards ectopic adept at level six. Besides taking expanded knowledge to even have astral construct (character is actually a telepath because I wanted almost all of those abilities and only the one shaper), I've also taken Ectopic Form (Alabaster Aerial) and Boost Construct. Before I give it to the DM to look over, though, does Boost Construct/Ectopic Form stack with the standard abilities of a construct? That is, can I have my Aerial cake and then load it up with the standard bonus ability and then frost it with the Boost's bonus?

Nope, that is why Ectopoc Form sucks. Sage agrees that it doesn't stack so he did read the rules it appears (sometimes I wonder about him.

Ectropic Form gives its own stuff (the idea was no wasting time having to choose stuff). Boost Construct isn't in the spirit of the rules, but I have no idea if RAW it works.