PDA

View Full Version : Actual Fey druids

AlexanderRM
2008-09-07, 07:36 PM
Okay, I probably could have committed thread necromancy on something back from 2003, but I thought this was the better alternative.

Anyway... if you have a creature that is a regular fey that takes levels in druid or (more likely) that casts druid spells naturally (such as a nymph), can they take feats like Fey Blood, even though they theoretically don't meet the type qualifications? Or possibly just gain it as a bonus feat? Now that I think about it, it seems rather obvious that yes, they would, but according to the specific rules listed they wouldn't be able to, and there's also the issue of whether or not it's a bonus feat and, if so, whether or not it's optional.

Fan
2008-09-08, 04:24 AM
Just for the bump, I'll have to agree with you.
WHY do fey not get his automaticly?

Threeshades
2008-09-08, 04:50 AM
I don't really see the point right now. What exactly is wrong with which feats and why?

LiteYear
2008-09-11, 04:34 PM
Rich's Fey Blood, as written, has a prerequisite that it can only be taken by humanoids or giants. So, technically, any Fey that takes levels in Druid will have to cast off Wisdom, because they can't take this feat.

Threeshades
2008-09-11, 05:52 PM
Have you considered its simply not meant for them? (almost) all kinds of fey have spell-like abilities, which are pretty much their spellcasting, and otherwise there is not much of spellcasting about their specific own types.
Like sorcerers have arcane magic at their beg and demand while most creatures of the creature types they (might) have descended from don't get these spells at all.

AlexanderRM
2008-09-16, 09:02 PM
Sorry that it took me a while to get back to this...

Have you considered its simply not meant for them? (almost) all kinds of fey have spell-like abilities, which are pretty much their spellcasting, and otherwise there is not much of spellcasting about their specific own types.
Like sorcerers have arcane magic at their beg and demand while most creatures of the creature types they (might) have descended from don't get these spells at all.
Nymphs cast spells as 7th level druids (not certain about the exact level, but they do cast spells as druids). In any case, all fey probably CAN take levels in the druid class, in which case they can't gain the ability from being "fey blooded".
With the second thing, if you're talking about the "blood of the dragons" thing- all (true) dragons cast spells as sorcerers.