PDA

View Full Version : Girl Thread III

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Thes Hunter
2008-09-07, 08:24 PM
For the discussion of all things girly.
Guys be warned that we may unleash da gross stuff from time to time, so be ware all who tread here.

Also, please keep the spamming of "Oo I like girls, Pay attention to me girls!" down.

Thank you please drive through.

And you know what... I don't really like pink myself.

Collin152
2008-09-07, 08:32 PM
And for the irony, I rather enjoy the color pink, and the lighter purples, to a great extent.

celestialkin
2008-09-07, 08:37 PM
Guys be warned that we may unleash da gross stuff from time to time, so be ware all who tread here.

We have already dealt with the monthly issue in the last thread, so I think us guys are safe for the next month at least.

Why do so few girls like pink nowadays? An attempt to break from classic "stereotypical" female stuff?

I always found girls into pink attractive. :smallfrown:

DrowVampyre
2008-09-07, 08:50 PM
I like pink, but it follows the same color like/dislike scheme as most others - I like pastels or dark shades, but I don't like bright, headache-inducing shades. Hot pink = eeeewww, pastel pink = nice. ^_^

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-09-07, 08:57 PM
I've never really minded pink, and purple is one of my favourite colours of all.

JeffreyToTheMax
2008-09-07, 09:14 PM
Girl's reaction when seeing this thread:

"Awesome, a girl thread."

Guy's reaction when seeing this thread:

Seriously, it was like the first thing I noticed. The guy thread was directly above it, yet I still came here first.

Sneak
2008-09-07, 10:48 PM
Also, please keep the spamming of "Oo I like girls, Pay attention to me girls!" down.

Oo I like girls, Pay attention to me girls!

Now that I've gotten that out of the way...I don't really mind pink either. I don't have much of it in my wardrobe, but it's not really because of any particular antipathy towards the color.

I will say that, at least for me, guys wearing pink has a kind of preppy connotation. Especially pink polos. So maybe that's why I don't wear pink that often. Shrug.

dish
2008-09-07, 11:13 PM

Does 'magenta' count as pink? It certainly has different connotations from either pastel or hot pink. (The only one you'll ever catch me wearing is fuschia.)

Magenta just reminds me of the Rocky Horror Show.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-07, 11:36 PM
Personally, I just think pink is to bright.

Deepblue706
2008-09-07, 11:47 PM
I always found girls into pink attractive. :smallfrown:

Personally, I've always associated the color pink with man's attempt at making women submit to his authority, assume gender roles they enforce, and feel encouraged to be weak and submissive individuals. It's rare that I meet a "girly girl" - which is a stereotype I would associate with the color pink - and actually feel impressed, or believe that she has any strength of character. Instead, I usually associate the stereotype (and the color) with a misfortunate product of what I deem to be a horribly sexist world. So, more often than not, I find "girls into pink" highly unattractive.

Actually, the same goes for those who happen to have a strong liking for something as trivial as "a color". Colors? Sure. Art has colors. Prisms have colors. One color, particularly over the rest? Is that what you spend your time thinking about? Disliking is one thing. Having a strong liking is another.

Sorry, my work environment has obviously affected my psyche. I'll mosey back on over to the Looney Guy Thread.

Em Blackleaf
2008-09-08, 12:07 AM
I don't mind pink, but it's never ever been my favorite color. Except for maybe when I was six or seven, when I was told pink is girly. Also, I used to be a ballerina, go figure. Too much pink, is awful.

I happen to have an attraction to all things purple. If you show me any color shirt and a purple shirt and tell me to choose which I want to wear, I would choose the purple one.

I didn't sit and think about which color is my favorite, it just sort of happened that purple is it. And purple just happens to be a lovely color.

Deepblue706
2008-09-08, 12:09 AM
I didn't sit and think about which color is my favorite, it just sort of happened that purple is it. And purple just happens to be a lovely color.

Yeah, I have to apologize. Didn't mean it quite like that.

Nychta
2008-09-08, 12:38 AM
Okay, so I leave for a weekend, and I come back and there's a new thread?

I think we should write some awesome rules for the Girl Thread just like Friendly Banter. In pink. But not an annoyingly bright pink.

Also I got a new bag and wallet on the weekend :smallbiggrin: They look like denim and feel like leather!

Kazasu
2008-09-08, 01:15 AM
Girl's reaction when seeing this thread:

Guy's reaction when seeing this thread:

Seriously, it was like the first thing I noticed. The guy thread was directly above it, yet I still came here first.

Hold on a minute. You mean to say, that there is actually a guy thread? :smallconfused:

Nychta
2008-09-08, 01:19 AM
Hold on a minute. You mean to say, that there is actually a guy thread? :smallconfused:

Yeah, but we're that much cooler.

Also, after skimming through the 5 (5!) pages that I missed from the last thread, I must say this. I would brave the annoying Australian accents, convince my parents somehow or other, and be mistaken for an Aussie to meet Rawhide.
I'm serious.

Helgraf
2008-09-08, 01:23 AM
Bah, you see, at this point, if I said I'd do those nice things, I'd be suspected of riding Rawhide's coattails to 'score'. Bleh.

Ya'll done made it real hard for the rest of us decent romantics, Raw. ;)

Rawhide
2008-09-08, 04:11 AM

Also, after skimming through the 5 (5!) pages that I missed from the last thread, I must say this. I would brave the annoying Australian accents, convince my parents somehow or other, and be mistaken for an Aussie to meet Rawhide.
I'm serious.

:redface:

I... I... *stammers* but that wasn't the point... *trails off* Thank you.

I must say that I am surprised, I didn't expect this kind of reaction from anyone, I just made the list as background information...

celestialkin
2008-09-08, 04:26 AM
:redface:

I... I... *stammers* but that wasn't the point... *trails off* Thank you.

I must say that I am surprised, I didn't expect this kind of reaction from anyone, I just made the list as background information...

Well, congrats.

You are now the envy of every man here on giantitp. :smallamused:

However, considering that most/all women always say they want the "nice" guy, yet in reality never do makes this much less significant. Bummer.

p.s. Congrats on turning D-D gay.

Nychta
2008-09-08, 04:27 AM
Aw, Helgraf, we lubs you too! :smallwink:

Rawhide, you must have realised the huge lack of kind, literate, educated aussies people? :smallconfused: Why do you think we're all so keen to glomp you?

Serpentine
2008-09-08, 04:51 AM
>feels left out and unglomped< :smallfrown:

You shop at Coles?

Serp, I thought you were cool.The IGA is teeny and the Woolworths was grubby until they opened up a new shopping centre and moved it there. I get my veggies from the fruit and veggie market, my meat from the butcher and my bread from a bakery, and now I think I like the Woolies enough to shop there. I'm still cool, I'm still cool! :smallfrown:

Hrm... Romantic things? I dunno, I'm not very good at it. I like soppy stuff, but it makes me feel silly? So, instead, I'll start a new topic:

Interesting legwear. Awesome y/n? I likes me mai stripey knee-high socks, mai various tights, mai thigh-high stockings an' mai garter belt to keep them up :smallbiggrin: Was very, very annoyed when my spiffy purple tights tore at the toe and waist the very first time I tried to wear them :smallmad:

dish
2008-09-08, 05:06 AM
I was watching the H&M fashion podcast not on purpose.
They have video screens blasting ads at you in the taxis here, so I couldn't really avoid it. Aparently, having a really strong colour on your legs - like a little black dress with purple tights - is going to be totally hot this season. (Well, this Autumn, for those of us in the northern hemisphere.)

Thus, Serp, according to H&M you are a leading fashionista.

Serpentine
2008-09-08, 05:26 AM
Well, don't worry, give it a couple of months and I'll be out of style again :smallwink: I will, however, take advantage of this trend, should it eventuate, to stock up. That's the way fashion trends ought to be used! :smallbiggrin:

Ilena
2008-09-08, 06:55 AM

So very true :P

DigoDragon
2008-09-08, 06:59 AM
I agree with the pink being too bright a color. Red is a better choice I think, even though purple is my favorite color. :smallsmile:

dish
2008-09-08, 07:18 AM
I agree with the pink being too bright a color. Red is a better choice I think, even though purple is my favorite color. :smallsmile:

???

I don't get it. There is hot pink and cool pink and bright pink and muted pink light pink and dark pink. There are many shades of pink. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Shades_of_pink) Are you saying that they're ALL too bright?

Ilena
2008-09-08, 07:22 AM
Personally ive never liked pink, its just ... meh to me, i prefer silver and then navy blue and from there its meh for everything else :P

Thufir
2008-09-08, 08:29 AM
I own a pink shirt. Though it should be pointed out, I thought it was red when I bought it. Bad shop lighting confused me. It doesn't look too bad, but should have a dark jacket worn over it to mute the brightness a bit.

Dragonrider
2008-09-08, 10:09 AM
I'm not one of those anti-pink girls. "Those" anti-pink girls, I say, as though cursing them...I'm not really. It's just that I had a friend (uhh, 'friend') when I was little who verbally attacked anyone who said they liked pink. And I know for a fact, THAT was only because she was trying to be anti-stereotype, and by doing so only reinforced another one.

But then, I was one of those little girls who liked dolls and tea parties. Only, it must be remembered, that at MY tea parties we would invite our dolls' worst enemies and then "replace" the lemonade with pee and the jam with gelled human blood. To get back at our enemies, of course. And my dolls had a habit of losing limbs due to climbing to the top of a 10-foot cliff and making them "jump" off and into the "swimming pool", then running around to the bottom to see if they were still alive. And lightsaber fights. We did a lot of that too.

Yet I was considered a "girly girl". Because I liked dresses and tights and saddle shoes (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31NLefe9cqL._AA280_.jpg). No consideration of the fact that, while wearing the above, my friends and I played with worms and built forts and climbed trees. And, yes, liked the color pink. :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2008-09-08, 10:16 AM
I used to like pink. I had a bright pink bike and a fluro pink helmet to go with it - both picked out by yours truly. I stopped riding it to school (around grade 5-6ish) when people kept teasing me about it :smallfrown: Didn't like pink so much after that...
I've recently decided that I like really rich pinks, kinda... magenta, I think it might be. Watermelon's okay, too. But only particular shades.
DR: My friend and I had... I think it was something like Barbie caught Ken cheating with someone so ran of with my Michael Jackson doll into the wilderness and hunted bubblegum beasts (a "bubble monster" gun thing that blew bubbles). Then later, I went to another friend's house, and we played Barbies "properly". I came home, and told my dad "um... I don't think I get playing with Barbies".
I do still have a mighty soft spot for My Little Ponies <.< :smallredface:

Ego Slayer
2008-09-08, 10:24 AM
:smallamused: and :smallwink: to Rawhide's list.

:smalltongue:

No consideration of the fact that, while wearing the above, my friends and I played with worms and built forts and climbed trees. And, yes, liked the color pink. :smalltongue:
Whoo! I did the same.

And I'd still go build a fort in the woods were it not carpeted in poison ivy. :smallannoyed:

Forts kick ass.

Anyway, as far as 'pink' goes, pastel and salmon pink are good. Bright 'Barbie' pink isn't pleasant. Bright is no good, in general.

Jibar
2008-09-08, 10:35 AM
Pink?
Pink?
Seems to me you got a pink kink in your think.
Don't matter what colour you are, nope.
Be it pink, purple or heliotrope.
You still got a body, good legs and fine feet,
Get your head in the right place and hey you're complete.

...I have to do that everytime someone says pink to me. :smalltongue:

Anyway, pink is the only reason why I even have a gender symbol right now. And why it's wrong. Because I like it.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-08, 10:36 AM
p.s. Congrats on turning D-D gay.
:confused:

Leigh
2008-09-08, 10:51 AM
Oh, pink.
There was a time when I was about two-ish and I refused to wear anything except pink because I loved it so much.
Then I grew up, became a stereotypical tomboy and refused to wear anything pink at allll.
Now, with reason, I have managed to sort out my girliness.:smallbiggrin:
Blue and "French Rose" pink from that template on the other page...*points* are my two favorite colors ever.:smallsmile:
Every other pink? Don't mind it.

Scorpina
2008-09-08, 11:47 AM
Not a fan of pink. I don't hate it as rabidly as I used to when I was an ickle tomboy. Strangely my distaste for dresses remains unabated.

dish
2008-09-08, 11:50 AM
Actually, the same goes for those who happen to have a strong liking for something as trivial as "a color". Colors? Sure. Art has colors. Prisms have colors. One color, particularly over the rest? Is that what you spend your time thinking about? Disliking is one thing. Having a strong liking is another.

Circumstantial evidence, not proven at all, but I have a theory that colour-preference can be innate. All (sighted) babies obviously like bright colours and strong contrasts, but - in my observation - some babies seem to express a very strong preference for one particular colour at far too young an age to have either a) considered it or b) been influenced by cultural connotations.

Cultural connotations of the colour pink (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink#Pink_in_gender). Fun, fun, fun. I love the fact that from the 1920's to the 1940's pink was the colour for a baby boy, and blue was the colour for a baby girl. And then they suddenly swopped. It just shows how arbitrary the whole thing is.
Or the fact that pink is associated with p0rn in Japan. (That actually makes more sense than the gender thing.)

How many of the guys who claim that they just can't stand pink (because it's 'too bright' :smallconfused: or whatever) are doing so because of the gender and human sexuality connotations our culture has imposed upon this colour?

Quincunx
2008-09-08, 11:54 AM
On pink: I have to be anti-pink in my current location, as there is no other color but pink. Without constant rejection of pink, my wardrobe would now be a monotone carnation- or powder-pink. Alright, matters have eased somewhat since I first moved here, but that was not exaggeration a few years ago.

On brightness: Perceiving color value has been independent, in my experience, from any interest in complementary colors themselves--and also there seems to be a division between perceiving 'true' colors and colors blended on the screen. I'm not skeptical that someone who would match pink with yellow can still tell me which pinks are too bright. (Sadly, I'm the example which lacks the ability to distinguish color value on the screen, so I can't post swatches. My avatars are lines because I can't screw those up.)

On vocal men: Men who are not discussing girls' topics, as it would be unfair to ask them for a girl's viewpoint on a universal topic, in the Girl Thread will be evicted. Noogies, makeovers, and/or violent disinterest can and will be applied to repeat offenders. (gavel bangs) Motion carried. . .

On inheritance: Does anyone here have a matrilineal name? I specifically do not mean hyphenated waffle. My grandfather's middle name was his mother's maiden name, but I don't think anyone in my father's generation continued that practice. Nor do I believe that any female first names have been taken from older relatives; although there was plenty of repetition, it was all Biblical.

mangosta71
2008-09-08, 12:04 PM
>feels left out and unglomped< :smallfrown:

Since nobody else has commented on this yet... *glomps Serp*
Feel better now?

For me, the whole color thing depends on the person wearing it. I normally don't care for brown, but some people can pull it off. Pink does not look good on me. Whether or not I like it depends on whom I'm looking at.

skywalker
2008-09-08, 12:07 PM
On inheritance: Does anyone here have a matrilineal name? I specifically do not mean hyphenated waffle. My grandfather's middle name was his mother's maiden name, but I don't think anyone in my father's generation continued that practice. Nor do I believe that any female first names have been taken from older relatives; although there was plenty of repetition, it was all Biblical.

My best friend and his sister have the same middle name because their mom assigned her maiden name as their middle name.

Personally speaking, I think it's a dumb(and vain) practice. Plus you can give your kids a really dumb middle name sometimes :smallconfused:

Ego Slayer
2008-09-08, 12:07 PM
???

I don't get it. There is hot pink and cool pink and bright pink and muted pink light pink and dark pink. There are many shades of pink. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Shades_of_pink) Are you saying that they're ALL too bright?
Oi, I missed this.

"Coral pink" is definitely one of my favourite shades of colour. Ever. It goes so nicely with pale yellow and/or purples. *has the most wonderfully coloured dahlias and zinnias this year*

I admit I often didn't like wearing pink because of the connotations. Like people would look at me and think I'm "girly" (and "girly" like an obsession with malls, Hollywood, and gossip, none of which I like), instead of the cool hippie girl. One reason I stepped away from my goth phase... might have looked cool, but it wasn't exactly a correct visual representation.

Anyway, I've found some cool pink clothes, so all's well. :smalltongue:

dish
2008-09-08, 12:17 PM

There aren't any matrilineal names. And by that I mean: your great-grandmother's maiden name is the name that she inherited from her father, and therefore it is ultimately patrilineal.

I've been thinking about this, because I recently* married and I have to decide what to use as my legal surname. I am not going to change my name to my husband's and I'd like to use a matrilineal one. However, no matter how far I go back through my mother - grandmother - great-grandmother's family line every surname I get was ultimately inherited from somebody's father. If I really want a matrilineal name, I'm going to have to invent one based on my mother's name. (She's called 'Beatrice' which doesn't help because so far all I've been able to come up with are 'Beastotter' and 'Beaster' both of which are not really what I'm looking for.)

* 6 months ago, but I tend to be a bit slow on the 'thinking' front, so I'm still pondering.

Scorpina
2008-09-08, 12:38 PM
Why not just take Beatrice as your surname? Or, possibly, Beatricedottir. Of course, then you'll have to deal with people expecting you to be a Viking.

Ilena
2008-09-08, 12:47 PM
Dish, when i read that last part i laughed, that would be an awesome name, beaster :P

But for myself i have never worn pink, its not my style, i dont thnik it has anything to do with it being a "girls" color, i like more deeper colors, like blue and black, silver being the only bright color i like

dish
2008-09-08, 01:17 PM
Why not just take Beatrice as your surname?
It certainly seems like a good option. It would be making a very bold feminist statement. I've always considered myself to be a feminist, but do I have the guts to make feminism such a defining part of my identity? It's as if at every introduction to a stranger I'll be waving a "Hi, I'm a militant feminist, nice to meet you," flag in their face. I may chicken out and go for 'Bea' or 'Beatie'.

Or, possibly, Beatricedottir. Of course, then you'll have to deal with people expecting you to be a Viking.
Five syllables? Gimme (and my hypothetical future children) a break.

But for myself i have never worn pink, its not my style, i dont thnik it has anything to do with it being a "girls" color, i like more deeper colors, like blue and black, silver being the only bright color i like
Just as there are many shades of pink, there are many shades of blue (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Shades_of_blue). Some are deep. Some aren't. (Fond of periwinkle, myself. Though I tend to wear navy.)

Ilena
2008-09-08, 01:39 PM
Ya, i love navy and royal blue, its kinda odd how put those 2 together and they make royal navy blue ... i wonder if thats a sign i should join the royal navy :P

TheCountAlucard
2008-09-08, 01:44 PM
Personally, my favorite colors are yellows, blues, and greens. My sister loved the color blue and hated the color pink at a young age, and was thus irritated every time my grandma got us something, because she'd always get something pink.

Deepblue706
2008-09-08, 03:45 PM
Circumstantial evidence, not proven at all, but I have a theory that colour-preference can be innate. All (sighted) babies obviously like bright colours and strong contrasts, but - in my observation - some babies seem to express a very strong preference for one particular colour at far too young an age to have either a) considered it or b) been influenced by cultural connotations.

That doesn't sound far-fetched. I hope you can excuse me; I was referring to obsession, not a certain fondness developed from viewing a relaxing tone, etc. Although, hearing people talk about their favorite color does sometimes upset me. You see, I happen to encounter a lot of girls who spend a lot of time making conversation that fails to go beyond "I like pink. It's pretty", and I suppose I've grown a little biased.

Cultural connotations of the colour pink (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink#Pink_in_gender). Fun, fun, fun. I love the fact that from the 1920's to the 1940's pink was the colour for a baby boy, and blue was the colour for a baby girl. And then they suddenly swopped. It just shows how arbitrary the whole thing is.
Or the fact that pink is associated with p0rn in Japan. (That actually makes more sense than the gender thing.)

Huh. Never knew about any reversal of blue/pink. Although, I'm not all that surprised about that sort of thing happening, either.

How many of the guys who claim that they just can't stand pink (because it's 'too bright' :smallconfused: or whatever) are doing so because of the gender and human sexuality connotations our culture has imposed upon this colour?

I dunno - I'd guess not many. None of my friends (almost all guys) have ever voiced an opinion remotely like this. If I were to explain my feelings on the matter to them, they'd probably just accuse me of being a pretentious dork, trying to grab attention for having "different" beliefs.

The idea might not be common because, perhaps, a lot of guys may prefer an "Eve" to a "Lilith".

Edit: Then again, I think there are plenty of guys who like "guy-like" women; ie one who can hang out with the guys, play sports, drink beer and belch. Interesting how a lot of culture tries to enforce what's more proper for each sex...our opinion of how we separate each sex then becomes what influences our opinion of how we separate each sex. And, it looks as if our culture is enforcing us to accept things that are very, well, unnatural - our perspective only being skewed because we rely on elements we don't fully understand, but accept due to tradition...

Groundhog
2008-09-08, 04:01 PM
Quick question: Why are we still discussing pink? Pink is the epitome of evil!

Now I'll completely contradict myself by saying this: I think that pink is a "girl" color because if you think about what sorts of things are pink, a lot of them are "girly." Example: Many flowers are pink, and how many times have you seen boys running around with flowers?

Collin152
2008-09-08, 05:30 PM
Many flowers are pink, and how many times have you seen boys running around with flowers?

I prefer to sit quietly with them. Running's not for me.

mangosta71
2008-09-08, 06:51 PM
Quick question: Why are we still discussing pink? Pink is the epitome of evil!

Now I'll completely contradict myself by saying this: I think that pink is a "girl" color because if you think about what sorts of things are pink, a lot of them are "girly." Example: Many flowers are pink, and how many times have you seen boys running around with flowers?

At my sister's wedding, I stuck a lily in my hair and walked around like that until it finally got so dried out that it wouldn't stay any more.

Destichado
2008-09-08, 09:13 PM
Sad to say, after fifteen years of gardening for my grandmother, flowers and I do not get along. :smallannoyed:
If any of you have read Chaucer's poem "The Flower and the Leaf", I'm definitely a card-carrying member of the Party of the Leaf.

Except for lilies. I have a thing for lilies; they're pretty enough that I don't mind taking care of them. :smallsmile:

Thinking of which: I know a lot of ladies put a lot of importance on flowers on special occasions. I'm fine with that... except that it's always roses. -_-
I don't like roses. In fact, I rather dislike them. The shape of the blossoms are boring, I don't care for the smell and I hate the thorns. Personally, I think lillies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Lilium_candidum_1.jpg)are more beautiful, irises (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Blue_Australian_Iris.jpg) are more radiant, magnolias (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bf/Magnolia_Watsoni.JPG/359px-Magnolia_Watsoni.JPG)have a superior bouquet and the amaranth (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/91/Amaranthus_tricolor0.jpg) is more meaningful.

So, if a fellow were to give you a bouquet of, shall we say, non-traditional flowers, what would you think?

Thes Hunter
2008-09-08, 09:42 PM
I would actually think very highly of a guy to gave non-traditional flowers. I think there are a lot of very beautiful flowers out there.

Also I like getting flowers all the time, even for no reason. So I would rather get 'the cheaper' flowers more often than a 60 dollar bunch of roses once or twice a year.

And also guys, send the flower to the woman's work. It gets her TONS of points from the other women she is working with. :smallwink:

Collin152
2008-09-08, 09:50 PM
I would actually think very highly of a guy to gave non-traditional flowers.

I concur.

For the record, my favorite flower is Amaranth.

Ego Slayer
2008-09-08, 10:39 PM
Non-traditional flowers rock. Roses are okay if they're pastels... especially of the pink/orange type.

I adore lavender and hyacinth (and another one that's like hyacinth but in shrub-form and I can't remember what it's called even though I have one... so tired x.x), if not for their fragrance.

I found a love of dahlias this year. Have a lot of different kinds... one is this really big dark purple that looks so velvety. And srsly tell me this isn't so beautiful. (http://www.extension.iastate.edu/NR/rdonlyres/D9C4F350-84CB-4A19-ABD4-58DC090039A2/27425/dahlia3806.jpg)

I also loooove lantana. I found the most beautiful lantana 'tree' for like $60 earlier this summer and I should have bought it. Lantana flowers in clusters and the buds are square... square. It's so cool!

For the record, my favorite flower is Amaranth.
I have some Amaranth that reseeds itself in the garden... *sends Collin some* :smallbiggrin:

Dragonrider
2008-09-08, 10:51 PM
Eh...I kind of like roses. Some kinds. I like the climbing ones. (though my parents butchered my favorite bush because, apparently it was out of control. Okay, so it had grown across the door. But I still liked it.)

As a child, I always liked red best - I don't know why. In my early teen years I went through a purple phase long enough to paint my room in "Lavender Breeze", "Vanilla Milkshake", and "Imperial Purple"...it's OK but if I could do it again, I think I'd choose something different. Anyway, the color means that when I leave home I don't think my brothers will feel the need to steal my room quite so fast. :smallwink:

Ego Slayer
2008-09-08, 11:41 PM
Anyway, the color means that when I leave home I don't think my brothers will feel the need to steal my room quite so fast. :smallwink:
Heh. C'mon. Tell them purple is "royal" and thus MANLY! :smalltongue:

Blue used to be my favourite colour when I was a kid, but I switched to green... My room is currently mint green. Like the kind of mint green that reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream. Mm. P=

Serpentine
2008-09-09, 02:46 AM
Mango: Thanks :smallsmile:

On names: I have 4 names. My second middle name is my mother's surname. My sister doesn't have a normal middle name, just the surname :smallamused:

I haven't found a favourite flower yet. I just like really bright, richly coloured ones, like tulips, or interesting ones, like these ones I see around the place with 3 largish white petals, big yellow stamens, blue lines and brown and yellow eye-like spots. I also quite like the Australian flowers that last for ages, like this sort:
http://www.abc.net.au/gardening/images/protea_2_m1415319.jpg

This wasn't the one I was thinking of, but they're pretty cool too.

dish
2008-09-09, 04:16 AM
I am delighted any time I receive flowers. However, I will say that the traditional red roses are the ones I'm least delighted with. (It's taken me ages to train my husband not to go for those automatically.)

In general, I would prefer to see roses of any shade on the bush rather than in a vase. If they are going to be in a vase then I prefer them to be a different colour (yellow, peach, white or pink), scented and long-lasting. The red roses sold by unscrupulous florists around here tend to droop and die within a few hours of purchase.

Lilies are gorgeous, but you've got to watch out for the pollen which will stain anything it touches a vivid shade of yellow. (I've had a white cat with yellow pollen streaks on his back before now.)

Favourite flowers: there are so many. I love daffodils and narcissi, tulips, lotus flowers, peonies, freschia (sp?), daisies, irises, gladioli, the list goes on.

Nychta
2008-09-09, 04:20 AM
Hayfever. I admire flowers from a distance. And everyone who knows me knows this and knows to bring me either fake flowers or candy instead. :smallbiggrin: Aren't friends great?

SMEE
2008-09-09, 04:42 AM
I have an undying love for azaleas (azalea). They're soooo pretty.

Ilena
2008-09-09, 06:04 AM
Lilies are gorgeous, but you've got to watch out for the pollen which will stain anything it touches a vivid shade of yellow. (I've had a white cat with yellow pollen streaks on his back before now.)

lol thats cool :P

and sorry but ....

pinky and the brain, pinky and the brain, one is a genius the others insane,

when i saw pink that song was what came to mind ...

DigoDragon
2008-09-09, 06:41 AM
Are you saying that they're ALL too bright?

Oh no, just "Pink" pink is too bright. Or sorta like the border of too bright then for the purposes of including brighter pinks in wardrobe. :smallsmile: Darker pinks are probably alright, but my experience is low with darker pinks save for the one dark pink peasant shirt my wife has which is pretty decent on her.

Many flowers are pink, and how many times have you seen boys running around with flowers?

**Raises his hand** I have. The misses loves pink carnations.

Groundhog
2008-09-09, 08:46 AM
Aha! Once again, you people have proven me wrong. So some guys do like flowers, and not just to give to girls. Maybe I just live in a community where all they guys are way too into their manliness and won't touch anything even remotely girlish.

@dish: My little sister was once known for having a constant yellow mark under her nose because she would always stick her nose into flowers. Ironically, she's the only one in my family with any serious pollen allergies.

mangosta71
2008-09-09, 09:20 AM

You also need to keep lilies away from cats, unless you're fond of $600 vet bills.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-09, 09:22 AM
About pink : I remember a time when Pink Panther was on TV and the whole family watched it, seriously, that show was awesome...

Ilena
2008-09-09, 09:41 AM
Yes it is, yes it is ... but ya i like flowers but not a ubber flower nut, but i do like gardening,

Ego Slayer
2008-09-09, 10:13 AM
Hrm... I don't think there are enough guys out there who like gardening.

I guess gardening is girly 'cos of the whole "men were hunters, women were gatherers" thing. Yeah, well now no one hunts and everyone gathers... from the grocery store. :smallyuk:

If my possibly future husband is not willing to dig potatoes or stake up tomatoes, there would be no marring.

Which is what my mum told my dad.

Didn't quite work out like it should have. :smalltongue:

mangosta71
2008-09-09, 10:17 AM
Home grown tomatoes > grocery store tomatoes.

Groundhog
2008-09-09, 10:27 AM
Well, of course. No comparison at all. Store tomatoes are chemically ripened after shipping so that they can ship them when they're still green and avoid rotting. Home grown tomatoes can ripen properly on the vine, so they are infinitely tastier.

Ilena
2008-09-09, 10:33 AM
Yep, ive been talking to my grandma alot about planting and stuff, because i want to start planting a vegtable garden as its cheeper, basicly i love potatoes and to just keep some for replanting = easy :P, i hate tomatoes though so id never plant them, just we have dogs in the backyard so no planting there really :P they love to figure out how to get inside gardens ... and im also learning to make blackberry jam as i love that jam ...

Dragonrider
2008-09-09, 10:34 AM
ANYTHING homegrown is generally better than storebought. :smalltongue:

mangosta71
2008-09-09, 10:41 AM
I wouldn't mind having my own garden. Unfortunately I've inherited the black thumb from my mother. I can barely keep weeds alive.

Ilena
2008-09-09, 10:42 AM
I wouldn't mind having my own garden. Unfortunately I've inherited the black thumb from my mother. I can barely keep weeds alive.

ya know im sure you can find easy employment in weed control :P

Ego Slayer
2008-09-09, 10:56 AM
and im also learning to make blackberry jam as i love that jam ...
Awesome. Mum and I have canned a bit this year, what with having a ton of blackberries, and a very heavy peach tree... and 25-ish apple trees. Canning/jams and stuff is pretty fun.:smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-09, 11:12 AM
We grow our own strawberries, they be delicious!

Leigh
2008-09-09, 11:27 AM
I now have a strange craving for some homemade blackberry icecream...

Ilena
2008-09-09, 11:33 AM
grr, ya around here the blackberrys didnt really grow well, bad season, we only got like half a bucket of blackberrys (4 letre icecream bucket), before she had to go, hopefully we can get a new area and find lots but alot are dead/moldy/not ripe so hopefully next year we can have a good season ...

dish
2008-09-09, 11:39 AM
You also need to keep lilies away from cats, unless you're fond of $600 vet bills.

I did not know that at all. Thanks to your tip I checked the article referenced by wikipedia. Thank goodness none of my cats has ever tried to eat the lilies. (The article just says 'lily plants' are poisonous to them - but doesn't note whether it is the whole plant, the leaves, the blossoms, or what.)

Anyway, I would advise any potential brides in the playground to keep lily pollen far away from their wedding dresses.

As for green thumbs: mine is black, my husband's is green. (He can't believe the rate at which I kill off plants.)

Ego Slayer
2008-09-09, 11:40 AM
We grow our own strawberries, they be delicious!
Same. Aren't sun-warmed, fresh strawberries like... the the bestest evar? P=

Ilena
2008-09-09, 11:44 AM
Same. Aren't sun-warmed, fresh strawberries like... the the bestest evar? P=

i have no idea, ive maybe only eaten part of a strawberry in my entire life, and never really had a chance to get my body adapted to it (my body feels sick whenever i eat a little bit of a new thing for the first time, till it learns that its not going to die then im fine, did the same thing with rice and now i can eat a platefull :P) so hopefully in the future i can concur with you ... (the main reason i eat the accual blackberry itself now is because my horse did so he made me to it :P)

Quincunx
2008-09-09, 11:54 AM
On the growing season: The blackberry brambles were also miserable on this side of the pond. They were just beginning to be shiny and ripe when I went on vacation, a fortnight later than they had ripened last year. Broccoli nearly tripled in price thanks to bad supply. The lilacs were scanty and late. What did flourish this year?

On gardening surprises: My parents brought home mulch from the community mulch pile (the municipal crews chip woody yard waste & place it in a shovel-your-own location) and were displeased to find it sprouting a runner, until it grew into a recognizable wild strawberry.

dish
2008-09-09, 12:16 PM
Speaking of favourite flowers / plants and stuff...my husband really likes Flamingo Lilies (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Anthurium_andreanum_chp.JPG) :smallamused:.

His excuse is that the Chinese call them 'pink palms' (!!! :smallamused:) because the flowers look like the delicate hand of a buddha. He couldn't understand why I was laughing at him so much.

mangosta71
2008-09-09, 12:17 PM
So he's cheating on you with Rosie and her five sisters? :smalleek:

Ilena
2008-09-09, 12:21 PM
Well ... flys flourished this year :P, and ive seen more snakes this year then well ever .. but flys have done well ...

and dish ... it may just be that my mind easily slides into the gutter but that picture looks very disturbing to me ...

dish
2008-09-09, 12:22 PM
So he's cheating on you with Rosie and her five sisters? :smalleek:

Hey, it could be worse. :smalltongue:

One culture's sexual innuendo can go completely over another culture's head.

Destichado
2008-09-09, 02:46 PM
Hrm... I don't think there are enough guys out there who like gardening.

If my possibly future husband is not willing to dig potatoes or stake up tomatoes, there would be no marring.

My grandmother had a yard full of the richest, most dense flower garden you could possibly imagine... and for fifteen years, my brother and I took care of it. We've nade a vow: we will never garden flowers. Flowering trees, shrubs, fruits, vegetables, grain: anything else, but no flowers. Ever.

Sorry

...'cept for maybe lilies. :P

Also, on lilies: you know, all you have to do is clip the stamens right at the end, and voila! No more mess. You don't even notice the difference unless you look for it. I thought most everybody knew to do that... =/

Ego Slayer
2008-09-09, 02:55 PM
Speaking of favourite flowers / plants and stuff...my husband really likes Flamingo Lilies (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Anthurium_andreanum_chp.JPG) :smallamused:.
Eheh...heh. *snirk*
That's great. :smallbiggrin:

Collin152
2008-09-09, 06:01 PM
I guess gardening is girly 'cos of the whole "men were hunters, women were gatherers" thing. Yeah, well now no one hunts and everyone gathers... from the grocery store. :smallyuk:

Untrue.
Just look at hte way WOmen shop versus the way men shop.
We still have the Hunter vs Gatherer mindsets.

And one of these days, I'll figure out which side my mind most affiliates with.

Thufir
2008-09-09, 06:11 PM
Also, gardening is not entirely girly, as it can involve getting dirty. Also depending on what you're growing it can involve a fair bit of manual labour.

Destichado
2008-09-09, 06:24 PM
floriculture = "girly"
horticulture/agriculture = not girly

Ego Slayer
2008-09-09, 07:25 PM
Also, gardening is not entirely girly, as it can involve getting dirty.
Are you saying girls aren't supposed to get their pretty selves dirty or that guys get along well with the dirt 'cos they're dirty? :smallamused:

It's definitely the latter. Dirty, dirty...

I keed. :smalltongue:

DraPrime
2008-09-09, 07:27 PM
The cultivation of plants stops being girly the moment machinery such as tractors gets involved.

mangosta71
2008-09-09, 07:37 PM
Are you saying girls aren't supposed to get their pretty selves dirty or that guys get along well with the dirt 'cos they're dirty? :smallamused:

It's definitely the latter. Dirty, dirty...

I keed. :smalltongue:

Dirty girls can be a lot of fun.:smallwink:

Helgraf
2008-09-09, 08:52 PM
So can be cleaning dirty girls.

Ahh, there goes my brain, once more submerging into the gutter.

Still, there's something to be said about washing your girlfriend's hair in the shower, or, better, in a warm bath large enough for two.

:bubbles contentedly:

dish
2008-09-09, 11:34 PM
So can be cleaning dirty girls.

Ahh, there goes my brain, once more submerging into the gutter.

Still, there's something to be said about washing your girlfriend's hair in the shower, or, better, in a warm bath large enough for two.

:bubbles contentedly:

Male fantasies getting out of hand on the Girl Thread. Take it to the Guy Thread please. (And let us discuss Brad Pitt / Keanu Reeves / similar).

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-09, 11:41 PM
Male fantasies getting out of hand on the Girl Thread. Take it to the Guy Thread please. (And let us discuss Brad Pitt / Keanu Reeves / similar).
*bloodily slays Brad Pitt and Keanu Reeves in nerdrage*

You're all ours! All ours!:smalltongue: And we're yours, I surrender!:smalltongue:

Destichado
2008-09-09, 11:49 PM
That didn't sound like just a fantasy, you know. :smallwink:

But all right, no male fantasies, more Brad Pitt. He's a classically (very) good looking man, but I've never liked him when he tries to do traditional romantic roles, and the movies where he does tend to flop.
Hmm.
...what does that say about female fantasies? :smallamused:

Nychta
2008-09-10, 12:55 AM
I'ma goin' op-shopping this weekend! :smallbiggrin:
Anyone else like op-shopping?

Deepblue706
2008-09-10, 12:56 AM
The cultivation of plants stops being girly the moment machinery such as tractors gets involved.

Agreed. Man, tractors are bad-ass.

dish
2008-09-10, 05:26 AM
That didn't sound like just a fantasy, you know. :smallwink:
Ok, it was male boasting which could potentially cause fantasies and jealousy in other males. Whatever it was, it needed to be in the Guy Thread.

But all right, no male fantasies, more Brad Pitt. He's a classically (very) good looking man, but I've never liked him when he tries to do traditional romantic roles, and the movies where he does tend to flop.
Hmm.
...what does that say about female fantasies? :smallamused:

We prefer our sexy men to be quirky and interesting rather than straightforward boring romantic leads?

xNadia: What is 'op-shopping'?

Rawhide
2008-09-10, 05:40 AM
xNadia: What is 'op-shopping'?

Op shops (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Op_shop)

dish
2008-09-10, 06:10 AM
Oh, charity shops. Yes, you can get some fantastic bargins that way.

My favourite coat throughout my university years was bought in a charity shop - vintage early '70s, royal blue velvet, fake fur collar and cuffs. I loved it so much.

Well, enjoy.

Ilena
2008-09-10, 06:10 AM
Ah, i was wondering the same thing :P, you know whats funny, i can barely remember what Keanu Reeves looks like and ive no idea who brad pitt is (ive heard of him but thats about all),

DigoDragon
2008-09-10, 07:02 AM
Brad Pitt was pretty awesome in the Ocean movies...

Leigh
2008-09-10, 10:42 AM
Bradddd Pittttttt...
*swoons in dreamland*
Eheh...:smallredface:

dish
2008-09-10, 11:04 AM
Hmm...I left Johnny Depp off the original list, can we add him?

Who else should we add? Orlando Bloom Y/N?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-10, 11:08 AM
Who else should we add? Orlando Bloom Y/N?
Absolutely not.
He should have played Legolas better.:smallannoyed:

Not sorry, but that was the true Tolkien-fan in me speaking. Go ahead. But be prepared to torture you if you mention how 'good he played as Legolas' or something along those lines.

(That was Orlando Bloom I was talking about)

Leigh
2008-09-10, 11:09 AM
YESYESYESYESYES. JOHNNY DEPP.
Orli's quite de-lish as well.:smallwink:

EDIT: Orli can't act at ALL, but I mean...those eyes...those beautiful, beautiful eyes....*melts*

Ilena
2008-09-10, 11:42 AM
Who was it who played captin jack sparrow? I dont care what anyone says, he did that well.

mangosta71
2008-09-10, 11:50 AM
That was Johnny Depp. I also quite liked his rendition of Sweeney Todd.

Castaras
2008-09-10, 11:55 AM

His excuse is that the Chinese call them 'pink palms' (!!! :smallamused:) because the flowers look like the delicate hand of a buddha. He couldn't understand why I was laughing at him so much.

*dunks head in brain acid*

*holds head under until the bubbles stop coming up*

That's better.

Brad Pitt? Naaaah.

Keanu?

:yuk:
That is all.

Johnny Depp? Nah. Not my sorta dude.

Orlando Bloom? Wet. Very wet. Didn't like him.

Richard Armatige(sp?), however, is definitely hawt and awesome. Especially in his Guy of Guisbourne get up.

The Rose Dragon
2008-09-10, 12:50 PM
Tom Cruise looks good with facial hair (like in Collateral).

But my real man-crush is Michael J. Fox. I don't want to hear about how your husband / significant other / boyfriend is more handsome than Michael J. Fox, since you'd be lying. No one is more handsome than Michael J. Fox.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-10, 01:29 PM
Tom Cruise looks good with facial hair (like in Collateral).

But my real man-crush is Michael J. Fox. I don't want to hear about how your husband / significant other / boyfriend is more handsome than Michael J. Fox, since you'd be lying. No one is more handsome than Michael J. Fox.
*talks about how Rawhide is way more handsome then Michael J. Fox.*
And he's more romantic on top of that.

:smalltongue:

Groundhog
2008-09-10, 01:59 PM
I'll stay out of that argument, since I don't want to get lynched.

I think Orlando Bloom is good-looking. His acting skills are...debatable.

Helgraf
2008-09-10, 02:11 PM

Pfff. Fantasy schmantasy. Real life experience, good lady. However, since it apparently makes some people uncomfortable, I shan't dwell on it further.

Dragonrider
2008-09-10, 02:13 PM
I despise Keanu Reeves. That is all. :smalltongue: :smallwink:

However...Johnny Depp, sure. Also Pierce Brosnan even though he's old now.

I tend to like males for their awesomeness in addition to their good looks.

DraPrime
2008-09-10, 02:33 PM
I never understood why girls like Orlando. To this day I maintain the belief that he's actually a woman, but really flat.

Castaras
2008-09-10, 03:21 PM
I never understood why girls like Orlando. To this day I maintain the belief that he's actually a woman, but really flat.

I concur...

I really don't see him as attractive. Just...meh.

I think I look for things other than him in guys. :smalltongue:

Ego Slayer
2008-09-10, 03:58 PM
Ugh. I don't like Bloom. Hell, I don't really like any of those big time faces. Some are attractive, but none of them are exactly faint-worthy and after awhile you just get sick of seeing the same handful of actors. Too-famous movie actors... so not my thing.

I've always preferred musicians.

And some of Joss Whedon's actors. :smalltongue:

Dragonrider
2008-09-10, 04:08 PM
I agree with Ego, actually...I mostly prefer musicians. :smalltongue:

Orlando Bloom is okay...but it's difficult to be attracted to someone who looks surprisingly like your 10-year-old brother.

DraPrime
2008-09-10, 04:40 PM

Don't say that too often. Male musicians have their egos boosted every time they hear that. Including me.

Scorpina
2008-09-10, 04:40 PM
I prefer musicians too. And not just male ones.

Collin152
2008-09-10, 06:04 PM
I find it hard to be atracted to celebreties. They seem so.. inhuman.

Thufir
2008-09-10, 06:17 PM
Ugh. I don't like Bloom. Hell, I don't really like any of those big time faces. Some are attractive, but none of them are exactly faint-worthy and after awhile you just get sick of seeing the same handful of actors. Too-famous movie actors... so not my thing.

And some of Joss Whedon's actors. :smalltongue:

Anthony Head ftw. More so if he was younger, but still.

I agree very much with Dragonrider regarding awesomeness (Though obviously for me it applies to females as well).

Pyrian
2008-09-10, 06:20 PM
To this day I maintain the belief that he's actually a woman, but really flat.No, that's Keira Knightley. :smallamused:

Gem Flower
2008-09-10, 07:04 PM
*cough cough* Of course I've never crushed on Orlando Bloom...:smallredface:

Dragonrider
2008-09-10, 07:06 PM
No, that's Keira Knightley. :smallamused:

I HATE Keira Knightley :smallmad:

Don't ask me why. It's just one of those things.

Gem Flower
2008-09-10, 07:08 PM

Ooh, ooh! I have that with Abigail Breslin. I just...hate her, I have no idea why.

Deepblue706
2008-09-10, 07:14 PM

I think she's smokin'. Therefore, my opinion of her is positive, regardless of any personality traits she might possess.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-09-10, 07:17 PM
I like Kiera Knightley...

...partially because Ciara (pronounced as Kiera) is among my favorite names. But I also like the movies she's been in. >.>

Destichado
2008-09-10, 07:27 PM
Huh. Kiera Knightley and Abigail Breslin... Those are odd choices to hate.

Now, a bunch of my lady friends hate Megan Fox, but that's completely understandable. :smallamused:

Hell Puppi
2008-09-10, 07:31 PM
I hate Ben Afflek...I have no idea why.

Destichado
2008-09-10, 07:37 PM
pft, who doesn't?

Deepblue706
2008-09-10, 08:10 PM

Maybe it's because he's not just a terrible actor, but a terrible person, too.

DraPrime
2008-09-10, 08:26 PM
I think she's smokin'. Therefore, my opinion of her is positive, regardless of any personality traits she might possess.

Same for me.

Felixaar
2008-09-10, 10:24 PM
She does have pretty hair... but not my type.

Uh, I think we managed to derail this a little, fellow males.

maybe the reason for hate of Kiera is that she managed to kiss atleast half the male cast of PotC?

Helgraf
2008-09-10, 10:37 PM

Awww ... do you even need a reason?

Felixaar
2008-09-10, 10:39 PM
That reminds me, I had a question to put out to the female community.

Are Brad Pitt and Matt Damon actually attractive? Or is it all just a big conspiracy, like I expect?

Collin152
2008-09-10, 10:41 PM
Are Brad Pitt and Matt Damon actually attractive? Or is it all just a big conspiracy, like I expect?

Definatley a conspiracy.

Thes Hunter
2008-09-10, 11:03 PM
I used to think Ben Afflek was attractive, but then I saw some of his ego. And I used to think Matt Damon was eh... and then I saw how well he kept his head with all his fame.

Now I find Ben unattractive, but Matt HOT!

Ilena
2008-09-11, 06:07 AM
I used to think Ben Afflek was attractive, but then I saw some of his ego. And I used to think Matt Damon was eh... and then I saw how well he kept his head with all his fame.

Now I find Ben unattractive, but Matt HOT!

Oh thank you, im flattered ... wait thats another matt :(

Nychta
2008-09-11, 06:15 AM
Matt Damon, Johnny Depp, end of story. I hardly ever find any other men very physically attractive.

Ghastly Epigram
2008-09-11, 06:36 AM
Awww ... do you even need a reason?

Quiet, or he might sue you.

Personally I think Brad Pitt looks pretty good, and Matt Damon is alright. Not so much Ben Affleck though. :smallyuk:

EDIT: Oh wait I am male. I will just, like, show myself out. >_>

DigoDragon
2008-09-11, 07:03 AM
Matt Damon and Nathan Fillion are definitly two good looking guys to me. :smallsmile: I envy their straight hair.

Dragonrider
2008-09-11, 10:26 AM
Regarding Keira Knightley (K-e-i, folks, not K-i-e), I am able to overcome my dislike of her long enough to really, really, really enjoy PotC, but I just think she's a skanky actress. I guess.

Brad Pitt I think is quite good-looking even though I'm not sure I like him as a person. Matt Damon, not so much, though I agree with Thes, I like that he's kept himself relatively sane despite his fame. Even though I think that he pretty much plays Matt Damon in every movie he's every been in (though admittedly I've only seen the Bourne and Ocean movies).

Cobra_Ikari
2008-09-11, 10:29 AM
OMG, Nathan Fillion, sexiest male actor EVER. That is all. >.>

Groundhog
2008-09-11, 10:43 AM
I like the guy who's in Stargate, unfortunately I forgot both the name of the actor and the name of the character. The one whose wife got taken by the Gou'ald.

Felixaar
2008-09-11, 11:13 AM
Noo! Women really do like B.P. and M.D.! I'm going to die alone an unloved.

It's suprisingly liberating.

Ilena
2008-09-11, 11:44 AM
SG1, guy with glasses, his name is Daniel Jackson,

the leader - Jack O'niel, Samantha Carter, and t'elc (i think thats how its spelled) take your pick :P

The Rose Dragon
2008-09-11, 01:00 PM
OMG, Nathan Fillion, sexiest male actor EVER. That is all. >.>

Michael J. Fox. No matter who you think of, you can't top Michael J. Fox.

Leigh
2008-09-11, 02:07 PM
I like Brad Pitt more than Ben or Matt.
...Not Johnny though.
Michael J Fox!!! Ah yeah. So true.
In the category of child actors, though, Alex Pettyfer....:smallbiggrin:

LeonardQuirm
2008-09-11, 02:41 PM
Strangely enough, every woman I know seems to dislike Kiera Knightly.

Or at least, every woman I know who has expressed an opinion on it which I remember. Which biases the sample somewhat, admittedly. But I know of a few, at least.

To be fair, I'm not keen on her either...I'm not keen on her acting much and don't find her particularly attractive.

Oh, and regarding Orlando Bloom - my housemate bought his girlfriend a life-size cardboard cutout of Bloom (as Llegolas) for Valentine's! She apparently uses it as a hanger for things like scarfs/handbags. I'm informed that they suit him well...

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-11, 03:20 PM
SG1, guy with glasses, his name is Daniel Jackson,

the leader - Jack O'niel, Samantha Carter, and t'elc (i think thats how its spelled) take your pick :P
SPOILER, do not read if you have not completely watched the series, just to be safe.
Indeed. That is Daniel Jackson.
His wife, Sha're was taken by the Goa'uld.
He is the archeologist and linguistic expert.

The leader, Jack O'neill(He likes to state it on purpose that its with two l's since there's a less enjoyable fellow(according to him) running around, called O'neil(with one l)) Skare(not sure on spelling) was also taken by the goa'uld, he was like a second son to Jack.

Sam(antha) Carter, she knows lots of technical stuff, was part of the airforce. Her father was drawn in later in the series as a Tok'Ra host. I put(antha) between () because except for formal stuff, everybody calls her by rank, Sam or Carter, or (rank) Carter.

Teal'c(Not Tel'c:smallyuk:) former first prime of apophis, betrayed him and went with sg-1 back to earth and later got permission to join sg-1.

Here, sg-1 without giving away to much story.....

/end geeky me.

DeathQuaker
2008-09-11, 03:31 PM
Strangely enough, every woman I know seems to dislike Kiera Knightly.

I am a woman. Whether you know me is debatable, however. But for the record, I LOVE Kiera Knightly. In fact, she is one of few actors I totally have the extreme hots for. In regency dress or pirate queen.... yum.......

What was this thread about? :smallbiggrin:

Scorpina
2008-09-11, 04:14 PM
Michael J. Fox. No matter who you think of, you can't top Michael J. Fox.

Yeah, MJF is teh smexy. Seriously. *swoons in an uncharacteristically girlish fashion*

The Rose Dragon
2008-09-11, 04:27 PM
And that was Scorpina agreeing with me. We also agree on the following topics:

Zooey Deschanel
Frank Miller

Felixaar
2008-09-11, 10:07 PM
Ugh. Did anyone see Keira Knightley on the cover of the new Vogue?

Short hair on females just aint right... atleast, not THAT short. I can deal with semi-short but she looks like she just came out of the womb.

Alright, I'm done being girly.

Khanderas
2008-09-12, 12:58 AM
I agree with Ego, actually...I mostly prefer musicians. :smalltongue:

Orlando Bloom is okay...but it's difficult to be attracted to someone who looks surprisingly like your 10-year-old brother.
Your brother is heading for a good life with lots of nookie.

dish
2008-09-12, 01:08 AM
I am completely hopeless at this discussion due to never watching any films or TV shows. I've just got completely out of the habit.

I have no opinions whatsoever of Keira Knightly. Never seen any of her films the whole way through.

For sexy male actors, I do like Keanu Reeves. His acting ability has never impressed me, but if you ignore that and just admire the pretty...:smallwink:

And a few years back I did enjoy watching Lost in order to gaze upon Daniel Dae Kim and Naveen Andrews.

Thes Hunter
2008-09-12, 01:12 AM
Dish, we do seem to have very similar taste in men.

But for some hellish reason, I started liking Ben from Lost. *shivers*

dish
2008-09-12, 01:28 AM
I haven't seen any of the episodes in which Ben appears, but looking at him entry on imdb, umm... :smallconfused:

Serpentine
2008-09-12, 03:48 AM
But my real man-crush is Michael J. Fox. I don't want to hear about how your husband / significant other / boyfriend is more handsome than Michael J. Fox, since you'd be lying. No one is more handsome than Michael J. Fox.I don't know about handsome, but he is very very cute. I also think he might've been doing better at promoting stem-cell research than... whatsisface, played Superman. Think he has a lighter touch, less fanatical.

I'ma goin' op-shopping this weekend! :smallbiggrin:
Anyone else like op-shopping?Yes. Yes I do. Haven't been for ages, need to go again... Hm. I think that at the moment I may be wearing quite a bit of op-shop wear... My skirt and top definitely, and I don't think I actually bought my turtleneck red jumper, at least not from a "real" shop. In Wodonga in Victoria there's a massive op-shop, literally a warehouse. It funnels in all the good stuff from the surrounding area or something. My sister said that she once found the stock of a business that went out of business in there - racks and racks of clothing in the same style but different sizes and colours. Got my big green overcoat there, and I've also gotten my snake-skin boots from an op-shop, and my black tops, and my purple snake-skin vinyl jacket, and my dress-jacket thing, and more skirts, and... Yeah, op-shopping rules :smallcool:
Incidentally, "op-shop" stands for "opportunity shop".
I may have had a moderately major crush on... whatsisface, played Frodo... after watching Lord o' t' Rings :smallredface: Now I think he has a thick neck and can't act a laugh... but he's still got a pretty face :smallredface:
I really like Johnny Depp, for his appearance, his personality, his interesting choice of roles, and his integrity and ideals.
My mum still crushes on Sean Connery.
Anyone seen The IT Crowd? Those who have, you know the really really nerdy one? He's actually pretty good looking, as seen here (http://www.theitcrowd.co.uk/img/cast/richard-ayoade.jpg). Incidentally, it had to be pointed out to me, and then confirmed through scrutiny of photos, that he's black <.<
Whatshername... Jessica Aber or something? She really, really really annoyed me for a while. She turned up in just about every movie I saw over about a year, and she's always just a limp blonde rag in every one. Refused to take her top off when playing a stripper?! Come on!

Nychta
2008-09-12, 05:54 AM
@ Serp: Jessica Alba?

Almighty Salmon
2008-09-12, 05:58 AM
Anyone seen The IT Crowd? Those who have, you know the really really nerdy one? He's actually pretty good looking, as seen here (http://www.theitcrowd.co.uk/img/cast/richard-ayoade.jpg). Incidentally, it had to be pointed out to me, and then confirmed through scrutiny of photos, that he's black <.<

It's Moss! :smallbiggrin:

Yeah, he's super duper funny.

Serpentine
2008-09-12, 09:33 AM
^ and ^^: Yep.

dish
2008-09-12, 09:55 AM

I saw the first two episodes on a plane once. (I see most of the films and TV that I get to see when on a plane. Virgin have the best selection - if you ever get the choice of which airline to fly.)
Initially I'd have chosen Chris O'Dowd (Roy), but now you've posted a picture of Richard Ayoade I'll have to reconsider my position.

It's wonderful to see some signs of people of colour being cast in mainstream TV shows in 'normal' roles (ie not typecast as 'minorities'). I think British telly needs more of this.

Serpentine
2008-09-12, 09:58 AM
My dad has a guy keep on telling him how nice it is to see more Aboriginal people in his sort of position, in a congratulatory tone...
...he's English born and bred <.<

dish
2008-09-12, 10:25 AM
My dad has a guy keep on telling him how nice it is to see more Aboriginal people in his sort of position, in a congratulatory tone...
...he's English born and bred <.<

I'd imagine that's really annoying for your Dad. It's also probably really annoying for the Aborigines.

Serpentine
2008-09-12, 10:31 AM
Nah, not really, he just doesn't have the heart to correct the guy.
Incidentally, this is my dad:http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/photos/formal6.jpg

And this is an example Australian aborigine (Ernie Dingo):http://images.tvnz.co.nz/tvnz_images/tvone/programmes/the_great_outdoors/ernie_dingo_d.jpg

And this is an Englishman:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7f/Graham_Chapman_Colonel.jpg/180px-Graham_Chapman_Colonel.jpg

dish
2008-09-12, 10:35 AM
Think you'll find that England (especially London and the South-East) are a whole lot more multi-cultural than that nowadays. (Ie, people of every race, hue and creed can be 'English'.)

Sadly, it's taking the media some time to catch up with reality in their portrayal.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-12, 10:36 AM
I may have had a moderately major crush on... whatsisface, played Frodo... after watching Lord o' t' Rings :smallredface: Now I think he has a thick neck and can't act a laugh... but he's still got a pretty face :smallredface:
That's Elijah. And I think his last name is Wood.
Anyone seen The IT Crowd?
Yes I have. For the fact that I'm straight and his geek-look made me never notice.

Filllleeer of the white eared chipmunks!

LeonardQuirm
2008-09-12, 10:42 AM
I am a woman. Whether you know me is debatable, however. But for the record, I LOVE Kiera Knightly. In fact, she is one of few actors I totally have the extreme hots for. In regency dress or pirate queen.... yum.......

I'm new here; I'll claim prior ignorance. I now stand corrected, however!

Serpentine
2008-09-12, 10:48 AM
Think you'll find that England (especially London and the South-East) are a whole lot more multi-cultural than that nowadays. (Ie, people of every race, hue and creed can be 'English'.)

Sadly, it's taking the media some time to catch up with reality in their portrayal.Yeah, I know.
My first choice was a Gumbie :smallwink:

DD: Yeah, Elijah Wood, thanks.

Dragonrider
2008-09-12, 11:01 AM
DD: Yeah, Elijah Wood, thanks.

Yep...he was only 18 when he did LotR, making him cute and close to my age. :smallbiggrin:

People consistantly think my father is American Indian or else Hispanic. When my family went to Mexico, people in the market jabbered to him in Spanish because THEY thought he was Mexican!

He had dreadlocks now. I think that cuts down on the confusion somewhat. :smalltongue:

Nychta
2008-09-12, 03:40 PM
Yeah, it's a pain when people start speaking Mandarin or Cantonese, or, once, Hokkien to me. I have only very basic skills in the first two.

Leigh
2008-09-12, 04:34 PM
Aww, I love Elijah Wood in the LotR movies. I think he looks better with his hobbit hair than his RL hair, though...

Felixaar
2008-09-12, 07:06 PM
Nah, not really, he just doesn't have the heart to correct the guy.
Incidentally, this is my dad:http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/photos/formal6.jpg

Wow, your parents look so simillar to my father and step-mother.

Creepy.

DraPrime
2008-09-12, 07:13 PM
My parents look like the white central Europeans that they are. Except that people mistake them for Russians because of their accents.

Nychta
2008-09-13, 04:21 AM
Heh, yay, op-shopping!

So a month back, I saw this awesomesauce jacket in Just Jeans, that happened to be just outside of my budget. Damn. Tried it on, loved it, had to be dragged away with it.
Two o'clock today, in an op-shop. Spot the sleeve of said jacket. Jump to grab it, look at it, and squee.
I bought it for a third of its original price, and it's in perfect condition.

dish
2008-09-13, 05:46 AM
Heh, yay, op-shopping!

So a month back, I saw this awesomesauce jacket in Just Jeans, that happened to be just outside of my budget. Damn. Tried it on, loved it, had to be dragged away with it.
Two o'clock today, in an op-shop. Spot the sleeve of said jacket. Jump to grab it, look at it, and squee.
I bought it for a third of its original price, and it's in perfect condition.

Right size and everything? That is definitely worth squeeing about.

Nychta
2008-09-13, 06:17 AM

Yup! :smallbiggrin:
Sleeves a tad big, though.

DraPrime
2008-09-13, 06:43 AM

It's just clothing...

Rawhide
2008-09-13, 06:45 AM
It's just clothing...

No, it's good clothing that's cheap. I have spent a few hundred dollars in one shop on clothes that cost $10 to $20 (sale) each before.

Or is that something I'm not supposed to admit, being a man and all? All I'm saying is that I do understand the joy of finding something that fits, looks good and is inexpensive. Before that shopping spree, I needed some new clothes, and I only purchased ones that I needed and will last me a while.

DraPrime
2008-09-13, 06:46 AM
It's hardly worth a squee.

dish
2008-09-13, 09:16 AM
It's hardly worth a squee.

Ahem. Girl thread.

We're really cool here. You may squee or not as you wish. However, we will not tolerate being told what is worth squeeing about. So, put a sock in it.

EmeraldRose
2008-09-13, 09:39 AM
Agreed. Any shopping that nets you items of value that actually fit correctly and look awesome, definitely deserves a squee.

DraPrime
2008-09-13, 09:41 AM
It's only clothing Just kidding don't hurt me!

EmeraldRose
2008-09-13, 09:42 AM
I can read your white text you know. You shall survive...for now...because you amuse us. :smallamused:

DraPrime
2008-09-13, 09:43 AM
Is there a better reason to keep me alive besides amusement?

EmeraldRose
2008-09-13, 09:50 AM
No, not really. Do you need one? Someone else may be able to provide another reason.

So back on the clothes topic. I've recently had to purchase maternity stuffs, as my normal pants no longer fit comfortably (or button up so much). So, I ordered some pants and tops from Motherhood maternity, and I over-guessed my size on three pairs of the pants :smallyuk: The other pair fits awesome and looks really good, but the jeans and other two pairs of pants are kinda big. I decided to keep them anyway, as I will at some point be getting a bit bigger. Now keep in mind that I'm saying they fit, but I had to have them all altered as they were about 4 inches too long. :smallsigh:

The tops on the other hand fit great, and look really cute! :smallbiggrin:

DraPrime
2008-09-13, 09:54 AM
No, not really. Do you need one? Someone else may be able to provide another reason.

So back on the clothes topic. I've recently had to purchase maternity stuffs, as my normal pants no longer fit comfortably (or button up so much). So, I ordered some pants and tops from Motherhood maternity, and I over-guessed my size on three pairs of the pants :smallyuk: The other pair fits awesome and looks really good, but the jeans and other two pairs of pants are kinda big. I decided to keep them anyway, as I will at some point be getting a bit bigger. Now keep in mind that I'm saying they fit, but I had to have them all altered as they were about 4 inches too long. :smallsigh:

The tops on the other hand fit great, and look really cute! :smallbiggrin:

It's only clothing :smalltongue:

EmeraldRose
2008-09-13, 09:56 AM
Carefully little one, or you shall quickly outlive your amusement factor.

You understand of course, that this was clothing I had to purchase with the intention of it not really fitting right away, but only as the months go by. It's difficult. :smallsigh:

DraPrime
2008-09-13, 09:59 AM
I know what you mean. I myself still grow several inches taller every year so I have to buy clothes that I'll grow into. Youth involves so many wasted clothes.

Thes Hunter
2008-09-13, 10:10 AM
Oh man, I love a good bargin, and there is a store here in town that has a good selection of cute things so I always buy at least one thing while I am in there.

But yeah xNadia, that is a great find. See, If I love something that much I'll let myself pay full price for it, because I will never find it again. Otherwise it's to the bargins where I find things I like, look good on me, but I don't necessarily squee over every time I see them. =]

dish
2008-09-13, 10:25 AM
There are certain shops that I will not allow myself to enter unless a sale is on. (Those would be Jaegar (http://www.jaeger.co.uk/index.cfm?page=1006) and Monsoon (http://www.monsoon.co.uk/page/monslookbook).) Because if I let myself in regularly I would be bankrupt by now. Once or twice a year (depending on whether I'm in the UK in the summer, winter, or both) I just let myself go mad during the sales.

I have found some lovely stuff that way. (And also ended up with a wonderful, but sadly UK size 8, dress which I'm going to have to lose a bit of weight for...)

Destichado
2008-09-13, 11:01 AM
There are certain shops that I will not allow myself to enter unless a sale is on. (Those would be Jaegar (http://www.jaeger.co.uk/index.cfm?page=1006) and Monsoon (http://www.monsoon.co.uk/page/monslookbook).) Because if I let myself in regularly I would be bankrupt by now.

I'm sure your SO appreciates that. :smallwink:

Nychta
2008-09-13, 05:25 PM
I guess I buy something expensive if I know I'll wear it HEAPS.

Felixaar
2008-09-13, 07:48 PM
Speaking purely from the Male perspective, trying to go clothes shopping without girls sucks.

Cristo Meyers
2008-09-13, 08:21 PM
Speaking purely from the Male perspective, trying to go clothes shopping without girls sucks.

Speaking from a strictly...um...me perspective, trying to go clothes shopping sucks...

When did plaid or stripes become the be-al and end-all of men's clothing...

Thes Hunter
2008-09-13, 08:27 PM
There are a couple factors that help me not spend a ton on clothes...

One being that I actually hate the bother of clothes shopping. I feel that attractive body flattering clothes should just magically show up at my door.

Another is that I have a horrible habit of not allowing myself to spend money on clothes when I am heavier than I would like to be. Even though I recognize that I like the way I look better when I am overweight and wearing fetching clothes, than if I was skinner and dressed like a hobo. It's just one of those stupid things my brain does that I just have to beat out of it. :smallwink:

Another thing doesn't help is that I have had the unhealthy habit of never being the same weight for more than a couple years. 60 lb shifts are too regular of an occurrence. I'm getting to old for this crap, so I better learn my lesson. :smallwink:

Speaking from a strictly...um...me perspective, trying to go clothes shopping sucks...

I would guess it was decided last year for scheduled roll out this fall, and if you wait a season of two, they will go away.

I am still waiting for the season of shirts that are fitted, but have no room for my boobs will go away. Or at least become more adjustable, because fitted is good, but I unfortunately am several deviations of the mean away from the 'average' build. :smallfurious: And by build, I mean boobs. Not everyone has a 10 inch change in circumference

Collin152
2008-09-13, 09:08 PM

Seriously.
Now, I enjoy plaid shorts on other guys, like, a lot, but I will not have them on my own person.

Nychta
2008-09-13, 09:32 PM
There are two reasons why I might enjoy clothes shopping.
1. I go to a store which has everything that I want and I don't actually have to go look a lot.
2. I have friends with me.

Like Thes, I don't actually enjoy the shopping... I like looking at myself in nice clothes ((vain much?)) but I'd rather not have to waste time going to find those nice clothes.

Cristo Meyers
2008-09-13, 09:57 PM
I would guess it was decided last year for scheduled roll out this fall, and if you wait a season of two, they will go away.

I am still waiting for the season of shirts that are fitted, but have no room for my boobs will go away. Or at least become more adjustable, because fitted is good, but I unfortunately am several deviations of the mean away from the 'average' build. :smallfurious:

Probably to be replaced by some other horrible abomination like Mr. Rogers sweatervests or something...

And there's nothing wrong with liking looking at yourself in good-looking clothing...male or female.

Thes Hunter
2008-09-13, 10:09 PM
OOo I like sweater vests though! Because they don't have buttons and it helps me make them as form fitting as I need a shirt to be, instead of too small where I need bigger, and too big where I need smaller. :smalltongue:

Cristo Meyers
2008-09-13, 10:11 PM
heh, I'm having the problem of my shoulders are starting to round out thanks to a small workout regimen...one of my favorite shirts that was already a bit small is quickly becoming too small.

Em Blackleaf
2008-09-13, 10:18 PM
I always wish I was flat-chested and skinny, but instead I'm a curvy C cup. This makes me go up a size in tops and dresses and it's very annoying.
I have this lovely dress, that fits perfectly everywhere except my chest. It's too freaking tight up there. It would be my favorite dress ever if it fit right.
But then again, if I was skinny and flat chested, I would wish I had more of a figure. Did you know it's impossible for me to be content? :smallsigh:[/rant]

I love shopping. I have this one friend, we've been best friends since 3rd grade, and whenever we go shopping together we always end up saying, "That's cute!" or something like it, in unison. I feel like I've told that story here before...

Nychta
2008-09-13, 10:20 PM
Tops are usually okay for me, as long as they're fitted. Pants are either too short or too long.

Raistlin1040
2008-09-13, 10:22 PM
I always wish I was flat-chested and skinny, but instead I'm a curvy C cup. This makes me go up a size in tops and dresses and it's very annoying.
I have this lovely dress, that fits perfectly everywhere except my chest. It's too freaking tight up there. It would be my favorite dress ever if it fit right.
But then again, if I was skinny and flat chested, I would wish I had more of a figure. Did you know it's impossible for me to be content? :smallsigh:[/rant]

I love shopping. I have this one friend, we've been best friends since 3rd grade, and whenever we go shopping together we always end up saying, "That's cute!" or something like it, in unison. I feel like I've told that story here before...

*Blinks* *Perception of Em as a cute lil' 5-year old in a nighty with a teddy is shattered*

Cristo Meyers
2008-09-13, 10:24 PM
*Blinks* *Perception of Em as a cute lil' 5-year old in a nighty with a teddy is shattered*

tell me about it...

Secret confession time: there are times I actually enjoy clothes shopping with LadyMeyers...I don't know why and the mood seems to come and go like the wind, but there are days I actually get into it.

Then I promptly go home and do something manly...like shooting stuff in a violent video game or something...yeah...

Nychta
2008-09-13, 10:25 PM
Evidently Em needs a new avatar...

Em Blackleaf
2008-09-13, 11:02 PM
Apparently I do. I hope none of you thought I was actually a Ninja Turtle back when my avatar was Rafael. :smalltongue:

Nychta
2008-09-13, 11:03 PM
Apparently I do. I hope none of you thought I was actually a Ninja Turtle back when my avatar was Rafael. :smalltongue:

...:smallredface:

Em Blackleaf
2008-09-13, 11:19 PM
...:smallredface:
What? :smallconfused:
Are you saying you actually perceived me as a ninja turtle? :smallamused:

Cristo Meyers
2008-09-13, 11:21 PM
What? :smallconfused:
Are you saying you actually perceived me as a ninja turtle? :smallamused:

Considering how many people thought I had anime red hair and glasses due to my last avatar...

Collin152
2008-09-13, 11:22 PM
Do people think I'm a small child possesing powers of utter evil because of my avatar?
It's missing the glasses, you know.

black dragoon
2008-09-13, 11:31 PM
wait so do people think I'm a guy waving a polearm around for no reason...I need a new avatar.

Felixaar
2008-09-14, 12:06 AM
Luckily for me, I AM a stick figure who think's "The Future's Pretty Cool!"

Well, I'm not a stick figure yet, but I'm on the way with all this weight loss and daily excercise.

That's right ladies... well muscled man :smallwink:

Yeah, pick up attempts in the Girl Thread. That's Felixaar!

Nychta
2008-09-14, 12:21 AM
Pick-up attempts in the Guy thread would be more disturbing, really.

Collin152
2008-09-14, 12:21 AM
Pick-up attempts in the Guy thread would be more disturbing, really.

I resent that.

black dragoon
2008-09-14, 12:24 AM
I don't think the offense was intended collin.

Nychta
2008-09-14, 12:25 AM
I resent that.

I meant it in context of Felixaar. I didn't really mean to cause offence, but if I did, I'm sorry.

Collin152
2008-09-14, 12:27 AM
I meant it in context of Felixaar. I didn't really mean to cause offence, but if I did, I'm sorry.

I should have added [/J Jonah Jameson].
It really makes the tone clearer.
Or maybe I should get over my distaste for the :smalltongue: smilie.

Nychta
2008-09-14, 12:29 AM
I should have added [/J Jonah Jameson].
It really makes the tone clearer.
Or maybe I should get over my distaste for the :smalltongue: smilie.

Hmm, well you could use :smallwink: or :smallbiggrin: but they're not quite the same.

Back onto more girly subjects, I just cleaned out my wardrobe. I have a whole drawerful of clothes that I don't want. :smalleek:

Lex-Kat
2008-09-14, 01:05 AM

Thankfully, I got over this problem, when you were part of the PMS discussion, a while back.

I just cleaned out my wardrobe. I have a whole drawerful of clothes that I don't want. :smalleek:

I have a similar problem, I have shoes and clothes that I will probably never wear again. I just can't bring myself to let them go. We've got history, you know?

Nychta
2008-09-14, 01:08 AM
Thankfully, I got over this problem, when you were part of the PMS discussion, a while back.

I have a similar problem, I have shoes and clothes that I will probably never wear again. I just can't bring myself to let them go. We've got history, you know?

And stuff that was given to me, and stuff that "Oh come on it might be useful you never know", and stuff that is really of such a high quality I don't want to get rid of it....

mangosta71
2008-09-14, 01:22 AM

Tooyoungtooyoungtooyoungtooyoungtooyoungtooyoung.. .

Felixaar
2008-09-14, 02:25 AM
Hmm, well you could use :smallwink: or :smallbiggrin: but they're not quite the same.

Back onto more girly subjects, I just cleaned out my wardrobe. I have a whole drawerful of clothes that I don't want. :smalleek:

Gimme Gimme Gimme!

...not a cross dresser, no...

Deepblue706
2008-09-14, 02:38 AM
Do people think I'm a small child possesing powers of utter evil because of my avatar?
It's missing the glasses, you know.

I dunno, but I really don't hope I'm perceived to be an incompetent, evil octopus.

Actually, wait, yes I do!

Lex-Kat
2008-09-14, 04:00 AM
Wait, you're not an octopus from Final Fantasy VI?

Serpentine
2008-09-14, 09:11 AM
Thes (and Em, for that matter): I know exactly what you mean about chest vs. clothing :smallsigh: I checked my sizing a while ago, and I was something like 14 waist, 16 hips/bum and 18 chest :sigh: I've mostly resigned myself to nearly constantly squeezing in there. It can get kinda scary, though, when the clothing you're trying on doesn't quite fit and you don't realise until you've got your arms trapped in the air with the item wedged onto your boobs...
D-cup, btw. For some reason lately I'm getting paranoid about them being kinda grotesquely big :smallfrown: Doesn't help when a friend, based on information passed on by other friends after one drunken night, commented "hahaha! They said your boobs are saggy! :smallbiggrin:" :smallannoyed: If only I'd had the self confidence/presence of mind to respond with "That's because they're big, dear. Unlike yours, and [female friend who was there], but similarly to [male friend who was there]."
Apparently a girl I know is an 8 or 10 F-cup or something ludicrous like that... Bummer, eh?

Ranna
2008-09-14, 09:34 AM
Oh I've just been back reading and I am sooo depressed!!

I have NO money until October but now I have a burning desire to shop.. I think my heart shall burst!

On the plus side I am beginning to like my chest area :smallredface: but there are always complaints at that area (like shape and stuff) that I cannot just bring myself to voice when there are boys around! But I don't find it too hard to get into stuff usually if someone fits the chest it does't fit my tummy/waist area but its a woe I can live with thanks to waist belts. (Sorry if wasit belts offend anyone, they used to offend me but I am getting into them this winter.)

Ooh and speaking of winter, how would one as short as me find a nice lovely winter coat to wear.. all the ones I have found make me look like a child in her mums clothing!

As for my avvie I only chose mine because I am small and blond and hang out with a 6ft 3 orc!

EmeraldRose
2008-09-14, 09:59 AM
Heh. The boob issue. Yeah, mine have always been at least a C (through college), then when I got pregnant with Andre Jr, it was like the very first thing to show up. Instant D cup. Yes, immediately after I had just purchased many new and very cute lacy bras from Victoria's Secret. :smallannoyed:

They've never gone down from a D, and with milk that time, they actually went into the double range.

Do you know how hard it is to find cute bras in a DD? Nearly impossible. Plus, more often than not, I'd rather have the extra support the cute bras just don't usually have...

So far, they've just been sore...no massive increases or anything. We'll see if that keeps up, or if I'll be in the uncharted sizes I'll have to special order :smalleek:

wadledo
2008-09-14, 10:04 AM
On the plus side I am beginning to like my chest area :smallredface: but there are always complaints at that area (like shape and stuff) that I cannot just bring myself to voice when there are boys around! But I don't find it too hard to get into stuff usually if someone fits the chest it does't fit my tummy/waist area but its a woe I can live with thanks to waist belts. (Sorry if wasit belts offend anyone, they used to offend me but I am getting into them this winter.)

This is the Internet Ranna.
The vast majority of us don't count as guys because those of us who are guy's are in different parts of the Internet.
Besides, you could always use an ego boost.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-14, 10:11 AM
Do you know how hard it is to find cute bras in a DD? Nearly impossible. Plus, more often than not, I'd rather have the extra support the cute bras just don't usually have..
Wah?:smalleek:

Oh, bra sizes.
*sigh of relief*

Also, do people here really think I have pop-up eyes and blue fur?

EmeraldRose
2008-09-14, 10:12 AM
Yes, DD, did you know you were named after a bra size? :smallamused:

Cult_of_the_Raven
2008-09-14, 10:16 AM
This thread got big while I wasn't looking. :smallamused:

To contribute to the conversation,
I'm in a C cup, which isn't all that big, until you consider I'm 5 foot. I also have a rather stocky sort of dwarven build, which means absolutely nothing will fit me. I either have to make my clothes, or live with the unfittingness. so i normally wear cargo pants and a t-shirt and pretend nobody can see me. :smallwink:

Also, it may look like it, but I'm not a newly-hatched copper dragon.
it would be awesome if I was, but meh.

anybody other than me in a long-distance relationship? I'd like to rant, but...

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-14, 10:20 AM
I may not have the shopping problems in the chest area but pants are damn annoying to shop for with my stature. Because I'm kinda dwarven build, I'm kinda broad(well normal, untill you take into consideration that I'm around 5'1) and short.

I hate shopping for pants.

Leigh
2008-09-14, 02:38 PM
I feel alone, with an A.:smallsigh:
Well hey, I'm only in middle school, so I'll grow. I hope...
Shopping? FUNFUNFUN.:smallbiggrin:

And about the avatar discussions, come to think of it mine isn't really that inaccurate when it comes to hair and face, at least.:smalltongue:

Castaras
2008-09-14, 03:04 PM
Shopping? FUNFUNFUN.:smallbiggrin:

And about the avatar discussions, come to think of it mine isn't really that inaccurate when it comes to hair and face, at least.:smalltongue:

Heheh, I'm an AA/A, and I'm likely to stay that way. I r thin and lanky.

Shopping is kinda weird for me...

Clothes shopping is very *blech* for me. T-shirt fits? Yeah. Trousers fit? Yeah. Cheap? Yeah. Look okay? Yeah. *pays for and walks out* boring...

Now... Shopping for games and music, however...:smallamused:

Avatar? Yeah, I'm a drow in real life. Albino drow. Dark hair, white skin. But I still like spiders.

Player_Zero
2008-09-14, 03:11 PM
Wait, you're not an octopus from Final Fantasy VI?

Ultros.

...I'll show myself out.

Ego Slayer
2008-09-14, 03:24 PM
You're not alone. :smallsigh:
Sad thing is, I'm well past middle school. >=P
There is still hope for you yet.

Lex-Kat
2008-09-14, 03:26 PM
I wouldn't worry about being small chested, ladies. There are people who enjoy them that size.

It's only hollywood that wants everyone to think that it's some kind of disfunction.

Scorpina
2008-09-14, 03:28 PM
I would, if anything, want mine smaller. They'd get in the way less.

mangosta71
2008-09-14, 03:54 PM
I wouldn't worry about being small chested, ladies. There are people who enjoy them that size.

And there are people who are more concerned about the girl behind them than their size.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-14, 03:56 PM
And there are people who are more concerned about the girl behind them than their size.
Seconded.Filler.

black dragoon
2008-09-14, 04:02 PM
Agreed.
I despise the ten letters

Pepz
2008-09-14, 04:02 PM
thirded,

and my best female friend would be the first to have them reduced, if only it wouldn't make her look strangely disproportioned. She loves to do yoga, but can only do some of the exercises, because some of the others make her suffocate on herself.

Lex-Kat
2008-09-14, 04:07 PM
Fourthed, though, that is basically what I was getting at. There are men who will appreciate you, for you.

The guys that need you to fit his expectations, are not worth your time.

Gem Flower
2008-09-14, 04:10 PM
I had a conversation very like that yesterday...

Thes Hunter
2008-09-14, 04:36 PM
Do you know how hard it is to find cute bras in a DD? Nearly impossible. Plus, more often than not, I'd rather have the extra support the cute bras just don't usually have...

I can give you a website.

Since I have to special order my bras... and you might find that you are not a DD at all once you are measured right.

The bra stores have many women convinced in this country that DDD is the largest it goes... when it is typically an letter size for each difference in circumference between your ribs and your breasts.

I will send you a PM with the link to the sites.. though I do not think they are indecent... they are a bunch of pictures of women prancing around in bras and panties. :smallwink:

black dragoon
2008-09-14, 05:21 PM
I'm going to leave that post post alone.:smallwink:
Sadly, in this day and physical beauty is almost forced down people's throats especially women. Don't let it get to you. Because then they have won.