PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Pocket dimension - dungeonland

Thurbane
2008-09-07, 09:02 PM
Hey all,

Does anyone know of an existing campaign/path/adventure where it's a pocket dimension filled with unending dungeons?

It would be easy enough to homebrew (just get a heap of dungeon based modules and say they all exist in the pocket dimension), but I was wondering if someone had heard of anything already existing like this?

Cheers - T

mabriss lethe
2008-09-07, 09:24 PM
try the World's Largest Dungeon by AEG

that might be what you're looking for

Akimbo
2008-09-07, 10:17 PM
How about the Plane called Pandemonia. That's pretty much what it is.

Ascension
2008-09-07, 10:22 PM
I'd try to justify it as a "video game for gods" sort of affair. They kidnap random mortals and force them through dungeonland for the lulz. The PCs' job would be to destroy the theme park and try to put an end to their wacky hijinks.

Not that it would work.

EvilElitest
2008-09-07, 10:28 PM
personally, i say the personal plane of the god of caverns is basically this.
from
EE

Fizban
2008-09-07, 11:15 PM
I believe the DMG mentions the Great Dismal Delve in it's section about other planes: It's a section on the Elemental Earth plane that's just one big mine/dungeon, full of slaves, old living quarters, vaults, and random monsters.

BobVosh
2008-09-07, 11:44 PM
I'd try to justify it as a "video game for gods" sort of affair. They kidnap random mortals and force them through dungeonland for the lulz. The PCs' job would be to destroy the theme park and try to put an end to their wacky hijinks.

Not that it would work.

Less lulz, more lab rat would be awesome.

RebelRogue
2008-09-08, 06:59 AM
I'd try to justify it as a "video game for gods" sort of affair. They kidnap random mortals and force them through dungeonland for the lulz.
I'm pretty sure there was a OD&D Immortal Set adventure that mentioned such a scheme. Except it was made as an experiment to take mortals to max level (36 back then) and thus produce potential Immortals. I think the name was "The Best of Intentions", but I could be wrong.

Thane of Fife
2008-09-08, 07:29 AM

Or it could be due to The Dungeon Masters (http://www.strolen.com/content.php?node=1372).

hotel_papa
2008-09-08, 03:59 PM
One of the threads looking for "the most miserable bastard trap of them all" (I'm paraphrasing... probably) has a link for a dungeon in a hypercube. If you ask nicely, someone might find you link. It is beautiful, and might work for you.

In other news, there is a small part of "Expeditions to Castle Greyhawk" that sends the characters to a Lewis Carol-esque place named, I think, "Dungeonland". Or "Dungeonworld". Maybe "Euro-Dungeon", but that sounds crappy. It is pretty odd, with playing-card themed guards and a red queen who literally wants "off with your head" and all that. And, the evil doppelganger of Murlynd (of the "spoon" fame) attacks you with a +1 thundering .357 magnum. Hell of a place.

HP

Thane of Fife
2008-09-08, 04:43 PM
In other news, there is a small part of "Expeditions to Castle Greyhawk" that sends the characters to a Lewis Carol-esque place named, I think, "Dungeonland". Or "Dungeonworld". Maybe "Euro-Dungeon", but that sounds crappy. It is pretty odd, with playing-card themed guards and a red queen who literally wants "off with your head" and all that. And, the evil doppelganger of Murlynd (of the "spoon" fame) attacks you with a +1 thundering .357 magnum. Hell of a place.

And Wizards has it online here. (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/dx20020121x8)

Thurbane
2008-09-08, 10:32 PM
Just another thought - if it really is a dungeon demiplane, how would characters go about re-equipping, supplies, food etc?

Food/water is pretty easy, but ink for wizards to scribe spells and the like would be harder to handle...