PDA

View Full Version : Ninja > [Generic] Spellcaster > Unseen Seer

Neftren
2008-09-07, 09:37 PM
What do you think of this combination? I want it to be primarily Ninja based, and then progress to Spellcaster (off the UA section of the SRD) for a level and then switch into Unseen Seer.

Chronos
2008-09-07, 10:14 PM
First, make sure to clear this with your DM. I think the generic classes, if you use them, are supposed to be the only base classes in the game. So he might not like you combining generic spellcaster with ninja.

Second, if you do get this approved, I recommend picking either the divine version, to synergize wisdom with your ki abilities, or the int-based arcane version, because int will give you more skill points.

Third, be aware that the Unseen Seer skill list is lacking a few key skills, such as Disable Device. There are ways to get them back, though, if you really want them.

Fourth, another option might be to take a single level of ninja, and then go all the rest of the way with the cloistered cleric variant, also from UA. If you go this route, you'll want to be human, and take the Able Learner feat at first level.

Neftren
2008-09-07, 10:16 PM
First, make sure to clear this with your DM. I think the generic classes, if you use them, are supposed to be the only base classes in the game. So he might not like you combining generic spellcaster with ninja.

Second, if you do get this approved, I recommend picking either the divine version, to synergize wisdom with your ki abilities, or the int-based arcane version, because int will give you more skill points.

Third, be aware that the Unseen Seer skill list is lacking a few key skills, such as Disable Device. There are ways to get them back, though, if you really want them.

Fourth, another option might be to take a single level of ninja, and then go all the rest of the way with the cloistered cleric variant, also from UA. If you go this route, you'll want to be human, and take the Able Learner feat at first level.

I'm thinking Int-Based Arcane so I can grab those divination spells in order to qualify for Unseen Seer.
Doesn't Ninja have Disable Device? Meh.

Chronos
2008-09-07, 11:08 PM
Doesn't Ninja have Disable Device? Meh.Ninja does, but Unseen Seer does not. You can keep it high if you alternate the two classes, and put double the points in it each ninja level, or you can just buy them cross-class, or you can live with having a lower Disable Device modifier, or you can use a variety of methods to make them count as class skills.

Tempest Fennac
2008-09-08, 12:31 AM
Generic Spellcasters can pick any spells from the Cleric, Druid or Wizard spell lists, so picking the Wis-based version would still work well, unless you're planning on using Arcane-only spells from scrolls: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/genericClasses.htm#spellcaster .

Neftren
2008-09-08, 09:43 PM
Generic Spellcasters can pick any spells from the Cleric, Druid or Wizard spell lists, so picking the Wis-based version would still work well, unless you're planning on using Arcane-only spells from scrolls: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/genericClasses.htm#spellcaster .

However, Unseen Seer advances Arcane Spellcaster Level. Hence, I want the Arcane one anyway. I think the combination would work out relatively well. Simple anyway.