PDA

View Full Version : Pixie, Dwarf, Barbarian, Ogre, Titan, El Jaspero

Dark_Stalion
2006-05-13, 08:14 PM
Right, I propose that there should be a new level to reach after titan, as There are so many people with Titan status, and just looking at El Jaspero's post count makes me giddy. So what I propose is that the star system change so a pixy has no stars, eveyone else has one less and at 10,000 posts you get the 5th star. How about that? Now all we need to decide is what to call it. Oh and decide on what ever else you disagree with me about as well, such as if there is any need for a further ranking. It would be really cool to be a dragon in the Playground, now, wouldn't it.

Dhavaer
2006-05-13, 08:45 PM
Someone already suggested this in Board Issues. I seem to remember Rawbear treading on it, but I'm not sure.

Valda, Adlav and Samiam: the Jacked-Up Trinity
2006-05-13, 09:37 PM
I think El J in the Playground sounds about right! ;D

Wow. Two TitanITPs and me. I feel small.

This thing got moved like two seconds after my post. Wiggy.

starwoof
2006-05-13, 09:53 PM
I thought 'caw' had the most posts? But 'caw' in the playground is rather... lame.

I dont think that a higher status is a great idea... it encourages spammers and post whores, in my opinion.

Ego Slayer
2006-05-13, 10:16 PM
I dont think that a higher status is a great idea... it encourages spammers and post whores, in my opinion.

Yes, but we've got really, really good mods. But, maybe they'd feel its too much extra work. Everyone has been playing fair here and I don't see anything wrong with adding a little new, shiny fun. Anyway, that's a lot of posting someone has to do if they're in the 3k range. And if you're that high up you've been aroung long enough that you play fair.

Dhavaer
2006-05-13, 10:18 PM
I thought 'caw' had the most posts? But 'caw' in the playground is rather... lame.

Go to 'members' and 'top 15 posters'. El J has about 11K, Caw 9K.

Ego Slayer
2006-05-13, 10:28 PM
Holy .... I didn't know he was past 9k. :o

Sneak
2006-05-13, 10:51 PM
Actually there is a sixth rank, but it is only unlocked at 50,000 posts. It's true. If you want to know what it is called, highlight the text below.

Spammer in the Playground

Archonic Energy
2006-05-14, 02:08 AM
^ ok sneak... you made me log on JUST to say LOL.

happy?

Amiria
2006-05-14, 07:49 AM
I predict that this thread will be locked soon.

I made a similar comment like Dark Stalion, the Bunny Lord here (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1145691191) and that's what happened.

So this is a No-No topic.

Also, I think that the board coding can't handle more than 5 ranks. I've read this somewhere on the boards, but I can't remember where.

Ego Slayer
2006-05-14, 10:36 AM
I dont really see why we can't just knock a star off of the already existing titles instead of 6 stars. Pixie 0 stars, Dwarf 1 star, etc. Seems simple enough.

1) I don't really think any of the already existing users would spam.
2) That's a dang lot of posts for anyone under 5k.
3) I doubt we'd get people signing up just to spam. Any new members a) wouldn't know of a higher position, and b) 10k posts is a lot. And thats a lot of spamming...

I really would like the Titan title and 5 shiny stars but I'm going to play fair for that.

RawBearNYC
2006-05-14, 11:12 AM
The message board software can only handle 5 ranks. From 1 star to 5 stars. Adding ranks would require hacking the software.

Seeing as how Rich and I both have come to resent post counts and titles because people have attributed meaning to them that shouldn't exist, we're not going to spend any extra energy on changing what's already there.

Voice of a Mod:

Further, according to this post by the Giant (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?action=display;board=news;num=1110482241;s tart=45#55"), I'm going to lock this thread. It's more about titles than post counts, but too close to the one to be allowed to live, no warnings have been issued.