PDA

View Full Version : Castle of Forsaken Names IC (Exalted 2nd ed)

Cubey
2008-09-08, 07:59 AM
The evening is very unhospitable. It's dark, raining heavily and you can hear thunder from time to time. It's a good thing that you do not have to be outside... but rather are sheltered from the elements inside the Castle of Forsaken Names.

It's too small to be called a castle though. Just a small ruined outpost, maybe 20 by 20 yards if anyone would be desperate enough to measure it. Still, it's comfortable enough to be some kind of headquarters for your circle, and its roofs do not leak... heavily.
You are attending your own interests in the main hall (it still has an old, stone throne situated in a central position, like if some king were to reign from this place - good riddance) when a figure enters from one of the side doors. Wrapped in a ragged brown cloak, his shoulder-long hair white and dishevelled, you recognise Arrowhead.
"Some people are approaching by horse. Many, more than twenty. I wasn't expecting visitors, were you?" He mutters quietly, loud enough only to be barely heard.

A bolt of lightning strikes outside. Even thunder gods have a sense of drama.

Terraoblivion
2008-09-08, 08:52 AM
Iris was sitting by the field table they had bought in a neighboring city. They needed something to eat from and a table did a lot to make a room feel more lived in. Now, however, they had neither been discussing their situation nor eating together and she had instead been thinking about home. She didn't truthfully want to be there, her country needed her and she could not help but feel like she was wasting her time by sitting in the old ruins, even if it had brought her in contact with other solars.

The rain and general dismissal nature of the place had slowly been wearing on her and she regretted not having brought any of her servants. She knew there were good reasons for it, most importantly that she didn't have many and most of them were needed to keep her manor at home in as proper a state as she could afford. She also had a very clear sense that it would probably be dangerous for them to come with her and she didn't want them to be killed for her comfort.

She turned her head as Arrowhead started speaking. The old dragonblood was a strange one, but his eyes worked perfectly well. "I wasn't expecting anybody. What does these men seem like? Anything that might possibly attack?" Because if they might she would like to know well enough in advance to put on her armor, all those little straps and buckles took a long time to fasten.

And as such i have none of my followers around. It is a bit impractical to haul a small army around with you when you are just traveling, especially when you don't actually need the protection. They can keep the peace and guard her country instead.

And another thing. Do we know which aspect Arrowhead is?

Tyracus
2008-09-08, 06:17 PM
Rising easily from his reclined position in one of the chairs by the fire Rand dons his armor with a practiced speed before lifting his cloak and Daiklave taking care to cover as much of himself as possible with his cloak. "I expect that these riders come for a purpose that does not bode well for us. A message would not be carried by so many and any caravan or travelers would have taken shelter from the storm. I believe these riders come with a hostile purpose. I'll go ahead and see if I can dissuade them from their course if they ride for us. You'll be more than welcome to join the fun should any noise I create disturbs you." The last comes with a slight grin as Rand opens the door and heads into the storm.

tos
2008-09-08, 07:24 PM
“Try not to be too hasty when you deal with them,” calls out Iron Raiton from the stone throne, “They might actually be here for something approaching an innocent reason.” The simply dressed martial artist isn’t actually sitting on the throne, but is rather on his hands and knees examining it from every angle. Occasionally he will prod, poke, push or pull a certain part of it but with little result.

This is normal behaviour for him as far as the others are concerned. Ever since the circle first discovered that it was not just themselves but also three other Solars and a Dragonblooded who had been drawn here, Iron Raiton’s curiosity had been roused. Although he has taken a slightly less esoteric path than most Copper Spiders, it has made him no less a Twilight. Every time he comes here, the others find him diligently searching some part of the Castle. Although his methodology is rudimentary, he more than makes up for it with sheer persistence. Today it just so happens to be the stone throne's turn for an intensive inspection.

“Oh,” he adds after a moment as another thought enters his head, poking his head back up and turning to Rand’s swiftly retreating back, “And do you mind keeping your anima banner under control? I wouldn’t mind it anywhere else, but if it flares brightly it’ll attract a lot of attention that’ll just serve as a distraction.”

Picking himself up off the ground, he brushes some of the dust away from his black cotton robes and wipes away a light sheen of sweat from his forehead. He hasn’t been working exceptionally hard, but he’s been doing it for hours. “Anyone fancy going somewhere where we can get a good view of the show?”

No followers here.

Cubey
2008-09-09, 07:04 AM
Rain immediately starts to soak Rand up, fortunately his cloak helps protect against it... somewhat. So does the legendary fortitude of a Solar Exalted. The Castle sits atop a high cliff, a good position for observation - you look down, seeing a nearby village in the distance, but also, if you focus your gaze closely, figures moving quickly on the road towards your position. Riders, indeed. About twenty of them, indeed. And they will be here in less than 15 minutes.

(Arrowhead is a Wood aspect Dragonblooded.)

Terraoblivion
2008-09-09, 09:37 AM
It seemed like she had no choice but to prepare for battle, at least Rand had and he didn't seem like the kind to not get one once prepared for it. So if it came to she had to assist him, though trying to prevent it from coming to that seemed like a good idea as well.

She got up and donned her armor, her practice using it clearly presented itself as she strapped all the buckles with practiced ease. "I will go out there and try to deter him from the actions he is about to perform. If we can avoid a fight it can only be for the best." She strapped Morning Sun at her side as she prepared to go out there, hoping that the riders would take her for a dragonblood should they prove to be less hostile than Rand expected.

Professor Acula
2008-09-09, 09:42 AM
(Hey, sorry guys, I'll be taking over for Akimbo if that's not a problem, just need some time to read through the thread. Didn't notice the links when they came up.)

Garanda glowers at the approaching riders, remembering a night quite different from this one, where a team of horses road down on an an unsuspecting Solar. The thoughts of that fateful night with him, he did not want to let Rand go alone. Fully prepared for battle, as he always was, he headed out after him.

His heavy cloak concealed his armor, and lent some small protection against the wind and rain. He struggled forward after his compatriot, silently catching up.

Cubey
2008-09-09, 10:50 AM
The three of you set out to face the riders. It takes little more than 10 minutes of a trek in heavy rain to get close enough to them to get noticed. The first traveller stops the horse and so do the others - they're clad in hooded cloaks, appropriately for the weather but also obscuring any significant features their bodies or worn items might have. Their horses seem to have travelling equipment and weapons strapped to them, however.
The riders' lead yells out to you in a loud male voice.
"Halt! Who is going there?"
His gaze obscured by the hood, his eyes must've caught Iris' daiklave nevertheless.

Terraoblivion
2008-09-09, 12:45 PM
Iris walked a few steps forward as the man spoke. "Greetings travelers. I am Archduchess Iris von Bergzabern, i met these men here at the ruins. I am sure they can introduce themselves better than i can. May i ask who you are?"

tos
2008-09-09, 06:50 PM
Left in the Castle of Forsaken Names with only Arrowhead for company, Iron Raiton gives up on the chair with a sigh. He’s poked and prodded every square inch of it without revealing any hidden switches, secret passages or anything else which might reveal why four different exalts, five counting Arrowhead, have been drawn to such a place.

“Arrowhead,” he says as he stands up and leans against the throne, “I’ve just about given up on this throne. Fancy going someplace with a view and watching to see if there’s any excitement? Someone left a knife here and I can use it to crop your hair a little if you like, make you look a little more distinguished.”

Tyracus
2008-09-09, 07:11 PM
Following Iris' introduction Rand speaks. "I am Rand Branson, I have the same question as my companion as well as another. What pressing business brings you out on such a terrible night? Depending on your circumstances I'm sure we could offer directions or perhaps even aid. Of course your business is your own, I merely thought to offer aid as you ride for a structure poorly equipped to offer shelter to so many."

Cubey
2008-09-09, 07:47 PM
"You're too low to know my name." The figure throws his cloak away, showing himself in greater detail. Despite the still-heavy rain, you can easily figure out that his plate mail, forged with designs of cloud-dancing dragons, is crafted from blue jade. The rider moves his fingers through his short cropped, dark hair, shaking fresh raindrops from it. "We're on official business of the Scarlet Empire. Move aside... but first, you." His arm quickly moves backward, pointing at Iris not with a free hand, but with a massive (and made of blue jade as well) hammer that he carried on his back. "Where did you get that sword from? Speak up, quickly!" His face seems almost as coarse as his manners. Probably because it's distorted in a sneer of sheer disdain.
Well, that went well.

At the same time...

"I'll pass. And I'll stay here." Arrowhead grabs and takes a bite off from a piece of fruit lying on the table. Something else grabs your attention though... you glimpsed movement of something lightly coloured coming from the same doorway that the Dragon-blood arrived from. It was very sudden and you can't see anything there now, at least from your current position.

Professor Acula
2008-09-09, 08:17 PM
Guranda moves fluid as a snake interposing himself between the pointing Hammer and his compatriot, "Sir, whatever your business, threatening is never good practice. The Archduchess was quite polite, and as someone so far from home it would be good to show some tact. You are not the first person to learn to draw a weapon quickly. Or the first to menace those you feel beneath you. Neither is very appealing to me."

Cubey
2008-09-09, 08:39 PM
The mounted man raises his eyebrow in question, but his stone face doesn't change the expression apart from that. Other riders close in, starting to circle you while still on horseback - but he rises his other hand, stopping them.
"Very well. I still want my question answered." He lowers his weapon and dismounts his steed. Despite wearing heavy armor, his feet make almost no sound when touching ground, not even splashing of wet mud.

tos
2008-09-09, 09:08 PM
“Okay Arrow,” says Raiton as he looks over towards the door where he saw the momentary flash of movement, “Maybe next time. Our fire should last a while if you want to warm yourself and it seems that we’ve brought enough food that some will probably go to waste if you don’t help yourself to some.”

That a man who has been blessed enough to receive an exaltation should live the end of his life in such a lowly manner is something hard for Iron Raiton to imagine. Despite this, the proof is plainly before him and impossible to deny. Poor man, he thinks as he walks over towards the door Arrowhead came in from. Reaching it, he cautiously walks through it while on the lookout for trouble.

“Hello,” he calls out, “Who’s there? Virtue, is that you?” It’s hard to tell when a century and a half old Sidereal is around. If he has seen her, he has to admit that it’s probably only because she let herself be seen.

Tyracus
2008-09-09, 09:26 PM
Rand carefully shifts to the side when the hammer comes out towards the group. He takes care to keep his weapon and armor covered but slowly moves as best he can to make his weapon more easily available, half hoping that Iris can come up with an excuse but also somewhat excited at the prospect of battle.

Terraoblivion
2008-09-10, 04:22 AM
The archduchess seemed quite unaffected by having a hammer waved in her face, a prideful dynast and his retinue was nothing compared to what she remembered from lives long past. "The east is littered with old tombs and relics and some men make a good living finding artifacts in them to sell to the rich and powerful. Many families here also births outcastes infrequently and some of those have artifacts as heirlooms. My sword, however, comes from an old tomb in my homeland, a tomb i searched myself which was where i found this sword. I needed it to be more able to defend my people against raids by the Icewalker barbarians, a people well-known for being led by one of the Forsaken." She bowed politely, but not submissively, to the dragonblood. "And now i will no longer detain you in your business, my good man."

Cubey
2008-09-10, 06:53 AM
"Very well. Move out! We're not done yet!" The man orders his men while simultaneously climbing atop his mount again. The riders pass by you and ride forth, towards the castle.

Raiton finds the corridors behind the door to be empty. "Watch out, danger approaches." You suddenly hear a voice of warning calmly whispered directly into your ear! It isn't Virtue, and the voice sounds like if it belonged to a girl about twelve years of age. Moments thereafter, the sound of a piece of wood violently falling on a stone floor disrupts you, coming back from the hall you were in.

Terraoblivion
2008-09-10, 01:05 PM
In the interest of not causing international incidents Iris moved to the side and let the dynast proceed. It was not like there actually was anything interesting in the castle or anything suggesting what they were. She did follow the dynast and his retinue back towards the castle. Her presence might still be needed, whether to lend a hand in battle or calm fiery tempers. And just maybe what the dynast was doing could reveal something about what had drawn her to this hole. If she could deal with it and return to securing her country it would be of great benefit. The local lords were none too loyal and icewalkers were still raiding across the border.

tos
2008-09-10, 01:26 PM
“Thank you for the warning,” says Raiton as he starts to invoke a series of charms and goes through the movements of a supernatural martial arts kata he’s managed to teach himself. He tries to draw on his own private store of essence as much as possible, but despite this he finds his caste mark unmistakably glowing by the time he finishes.

“If you’re worried about the danger, I’ll protect you if you want to come down.” Leaving it at that, he stalks back towards where he heard the noise coming from a few moments before.

Activating Iron Kettle Body, Increasing Strength Exercise (+3 strength), and Solar Hero Form one after another for 20m 1W. Emptying personal essence first.

Cubey
2008-09-10, 06:20 PM
Returning, Raiton hears a fragment of some conversation from the main hall.

"Hey. Have you seen an armored, pig-headed Dynast somewhere around here?" A mocking, young male voice.
"Dynasts... what are you doing in this place?!" It's Arrowhead. He sounds nervous.
"It's none of your business. Now leave, before I skewer you." This voice is a cold, female one.
As you re-enter, you see that indeed Arrowhead is here, his back against the wall and holding a knife in his hand. The tableware that you used to eat the meal is scattered, but most importantly there are two other people here. A woman and a man, looking their early 20s and quite similar to each other, like siblings. Their skin is snow-white and hair is light blue (the man's kept in a long, tight braid while the woman's curls fall on her shoulders), marking them as suspicious if they already weren't identified as Dragon-blooded from the context of the conversation. They're lightly armored, not bothering to hide blue jade breastplates under their well-tailored clothes or long cloaks. Both carry polearms, but while the Dynast woman's spear looks excellent but crafted from normal metal, the other Terrestrial wields a long pole shaped from, unmistakenly, orichalcum.
"Look! There's another one!" The man smirks, then both of them freeze, focusing their gazes on Raiton.
"Anathema! I knew this place would draw in unsavoury types like you!" Her grip strengthening on her weapon, the female Dynast stands in a battle stance, ready to skewer you if you come close.

Iris, Garanda and Rand follow the riders back to the Castle. While you are still away, you easily notice them nearing the gates, dismounting and securing their horses, then going inside. You are there only a few minutes later.

tos
2008-09-10, 07:04 PM
Seeing that the two Dynasts have taken defensive positions rather than rushing in to attack, Iron Raiton takes two confident steps forward while he meets the eyes of both of the dragonblooded without showing any fear. “You’re unwelcome here,” he says as he assumes a low stance which should make it easier to take on two attackers at once, “But that doesn’t mean you have to fight me. You call me an Anathema, but I am a Chosen of the Unconquered Sun, I have right on my side and your Immaculate Order spouts falsehoods. More than that, I personally guarantee that if you fight me you’ll taste nothing but defeat. Leave now while you still can.”

Extending one hand toward his two opponents, he gestures for them to come towards him if they dare.

I could roll Charisma + Presence but I’m assuming it’s pointless since they’re Anathema hating dynasts and I only have 7 dice.

Tyracus
2008-09-10, 07:07 PM
Rand adjust his cloak revealing his blade's handle before addressing his companions. "Well it would seem that our acquaintances from the realm have decided to move forward and investigate our meeting location. I guess Iron Raiton is getting a closer view than he wanted of them. Let's hurry on, I'd be loathe to leave him to face such trouble on his own." With that Rand quickens his pace to find his other companions.

Professor Acula
2008-09-10, 07:30 PM
Garanda hurries as he sees the Dynasts getting off their horses, and breaks into a run soon after, rushing to reach the castle before something happens.

When he finally reaches the gates, he hurries inside, slowing to a jog and looking and listening for where the Dynasts have headed.

Terraoblivion
2008-09-11, 04:13 AM
Iris nodded at Rand's comment. "And while there is no real reason they would threaten him, they might. Especially if he did something to rouse their suspicion. We have to be there in case something should happen." She didn't pause to speak, instead hurrying her movements, held back as she were by her heavy armor.

Cubey
2008-09-11, 10:33 AM
"Right? By what right did your sinful people kill so many of my family! You do realize, this is a perfect opportunity for vengeance." The woman raises her open hand. Something heavy crashes into the building's roof, sending tiny pieces of stone and wood splinters flying down on you and everything in the room. To make matters worse, you hear the sounds of many feet in the distance, their heavy shoes sounding visibly against the stone surfaces.
"It must be Maran. Alright... prepare yourself, Anathema!" The male Dynast is the first to make a step, walking towards you confidently with his staff ready to strike any second.

Those of you outside - just as you were going to pass through the front gates, you hear the same crashing noise as Raiton did (not that you know that he did, obviously). Any quick glances up result in seeing a large dark figure on the castle's roof...

Terraoblivion
2008-09-11, 01:18 PM
Hearing the crash only caused Iris to speed up as she looked up towards the roof. Whatever that thing was it was bad news and she was almost certain they could no longer avoid fighting. So be it. She slipped her hand down to rest on her sword ready to draw it should it be needed as she mentally prepared herself for the upcoming battle. If it came to that she would be forced to kill and she had to be ready for that.

tos
2008-09-11, 01:18 PM
Raiton shakes his head in response to the female Dragonblooded. “You have my commiserations for your loss, but am I to assume that your relatives went to ‘my kind’ to take part peaceful tea ceremony? Anyone and anything along the path of reincarnation will defend itself when threatened, from the most humble animal to the greatest of exalts. I’m sure your relatives were honourable and fought well,” this single part is more a politeness than actual truth as he has known more than a few dishonourable Dragonblooded, “But you cannot begrudge a man for defending his life.”

As the male warrior approaches, Iron Ration pivots on the balls of his feet to face this warrior but makes no aggressive move. The first blow might be thrown in a matter of moments and although he’s ready for it, he won’t be the one starting this battle. “My name is Iron Raiton,” he says as his opponent approaches. “Who do I have the honour of facing?”

Professor Acula
2008-09-11, 02:44 PM
Seeing the Large figure on the roof, Garanda starts. He slips back into a Sprint, pulling his twin swords from his belt as he does so. As he runs into the hall, he makes directly for the Throne room.

Tyracus
2008-09-11, 07:13 PM
Moving his eyes up with the crashing noise Rand merely makes a satisfied grunt before drawing his blade and charging into the outpost. Taking little time to slow as he runs through the building he braces his arms with each contact scouring several door frames and the walls near the corners.

Cubey
2008-09-12, 05:16 PM
"Your pleasant words won't save you. My name is Tepet Kalni." The woman doesn't stay passive either, trying to circle you from the other hand.
"I'm Tepet Karnus. Remember the name, it'll be your doom!" The man boasts. Before any of them attack, the door bursts open and armed men charge in, taking positions in a wide circle. They carry short swords and unmistakenly Realm-type armour, and about half of them have bows as well. In the middle of the group walks a man of powerful stature, his jade armour reflecting blue even in the darkened room (yes, the one whom the rest of the group met earlier).
"Damn... what the! Anathema scum, here?" He is quick to react to the mark on Raiton's forehead. "Men, fire on my mark!"

"I dare you to try..." Arrowhead mutters under his nose. He looks ready to spring forward at any moment, which may not be a good idea - you're outnumbered and out-armed. This will be a challenge.

However, there is a good side to this as well. Rand and Iris approach the situation from behind, and due to the tumult aren't noticed. You see the soldiers and the Dynasts cornering Iron Raiton and Arrowhead. It's a good time to act, before you get noticed.
The figure on the roof didn't follow you yet, surprisingly.

(If you're planning to fight, feel free to roll for Join Battle already.)

Tyracus
2008-09-12, 06:14 PM
Quickly moving his eyes across the scene Rand grins widely as he shoves off quickly towards the melee. As he crashes into the back ranks he roars loudly but the noise is mostly blocked by the tempest accompanying Voidreaver's arc as it cuts through flesh and metal. As he completes the blade's revolution he levels it towards the three Dynasts cornering his allies. "Even without your soldiers you have your foes at a disadvantage. How befitting as dogs of the realm that you would refuse to hunt without a pack. Come, test your blades against me and I will show you the true valor of battle."

Join battle: [roll0]

Spending 5 essence and 1 willpower for Iron Whirlwind attack.

Attack 1: [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2]
Attack 3: [roll3]
Attack 4: [roll4]
Attack 5: [roll5]

------------------------------------------

Damage 1: [roll6]
Damage 2: [roll7]
Damage 3: [roll8]
Damage 4: [roll9]
Damage 5: [roll10]

tos
2008-09-12, 10:04 PM
Iron Ration seems neither excited nor worried about the approaching battle, just a little disappointed. Even that barely registers on his face because ever since he was a small boy he’s heard of the centuries of hate that the Realm has held for the ‘Anathema’.

Seeing that conflict is inevitable, Raiton moves swiftly and with assured confidence as he rushes straight towards Tepet Kalni. His style does not use feints, tricks or other such ruses. Solar Hero style is the martial art of bold champions and that his how Ration acts. Moving forward in an inhuman burst of speed, he ducks low and all of a sudden Tepet Kalni has found that her opponent has rushed inside the long guard of her spear and is right next to her.

“I’m Iron Raiton,” he announces simply as he sends a roundhouse kick flying towards the woman’s midriff. Moments before the blow connects the air around Raiton suddenly flares in a massive pyre of fiery Essence, a good portion of which seems focused around the foot which is moments from slamming into Kalni.

Kicking female Dynast with spear. Spending one mote on the already active Solar Hero Form to activate damage doubling effect (Obviously not included below). Spending 6 motes on First MA Excellency. This means I’ve spent 11 motes of peripheral essence (19 left) in total, meaning my Anima effect automatically activates which is taking 3 levels of damage off each attack just before the damage is applied (to a minimum of 0).

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

Terraoblivion
2008-09-13, 05:17 AM
Iris was a lot less enthusiastic about this than her companions seemed to be. Battle was on her hands, however, and she had to fight that was all there was to it at this point. Seeing the threat to Iron Raiton that the archers presented she headed straight for them, Morning Sun flowing out of the scabbard as she did so. A quick slash at one of the soldiers gave her the opening she needed to reach the dynast who had threatened her earlier. Once there she didn't waste time on proclamations or speeches, instead focusing simply on achieving victory in battle. Moving with impossible speed she slipped her sword under the dynast's parry digging into the flesh beneath as she shifted her grip to remove her sword in a long low sweep delivering another gash across his torso.

I spend six peripheral motes, not much point in hiding what is going on at this time, to buy three attacks with Peony Blossom Attack. I deliver one to a random soldier and the last two to the dynast with the hammer.

Join Battle - [roll0]
First Attack - [roll1]
Second Attack - [roll2]
Third Attack - [roll3]

Base damage is 10L

Cubey
2008-09-13, 06:46 PM
Your allies spring to the rescue, which results in the armor-clad Dynast to lose his command over the soldiers. "Hold still, damnit!"
Raiton strikes, but his enemies are quicker - Tepet Kalni twirls her spear in one hand and tries to stab you with it, moving in supernatural speeds and fluidity. Soon after her, Karnus leaps up like if from nowhere, delivering a flying kick. You manage to dodge both of them, but barely (7 and 9 successes).
Your counter sends the woman a foot backwards, leaving her breathless and resulting in a hearable crunching noise, despite her armour (2 bashing damage).
Rand finds his opponents disappointingly easy to dispatch. They are terrified that not only there is one Anathema, but his friends came to help too, and their parries are too slow to prevent you from cleaving them into pieces. A bloody rain falls upon the nearest walls as you cut 5 of them down.
Most of the soldiers are struck with the sudden urge to get away from the maniac as soon as possible, and they half-heartedly charge at Raiton, swords ready to strike. They may be elite of the Realm, but for an Exalt they are pitifully easy to avoid and no one managed to land a hit. Nor did the three brave enough to stay and try to attack Rand.
Iris cleaves one of the ones left behind, mercifully swift strike slicing the soldier into two. Her another hit is delivered at the Dragon-blooded himself - but he parries with his hammer, your weapons sending sparks as they struggle against each other. The Dynast grins badly, and the sparks increase in intensity into blinding luminescence! You can barely see a thing, but the second hit somehow connects - but it is deflected upon his armour harmlessly.

Maran strikes back at Iris. "I have you now! Should have stayed out of the way!" He swings his weapon in a powerful yet graceful arc, then repeats from underhand. Only by miracle you manage to parry both hits.

In the meantime, Raiton faces both of the Dynasts as they attack once again. The man swings his orichalcum staff wildly, but you nimbly move yourself out of harm's way. "Stupid! Don't break that!" Kalni yells and ducks low, jabbing her spear at you... and hitting. Potentially.

Out of soldiers that are left, 4 try to unsuccessfully attack Raiton, while three each struggle to do anything to Iris and Rand. Yes, that means there is ten left of them.
Arrowhead seems to have disappeared when no one was paying attention to him.

Finally, the roof cracks and a small part of it collapses! This rubble of wood and some stone doesn't hit anyone (aside from dusting some who were unfortunate to be too close), but the resulting hole is enough to bring down more than rain. With a loud howl, a monstrous, dull red ape falls on the center of the room! This gorilla-like being is larger than any man, and immediately rushes into battle, its long claws waiting to cut you to shreds!

(You received 1 stunt die each. Iron Raiton, if you want to spend any motes to buy dice for an anti-spear parry attempt, via First Melee Excellency, make a post please. You also spent only 26 motes, which means 10 peripheral and not 11. Raiton and Rand move on this tick, Iris on 2 ticks from this one and Maran in between them. Finally, if you receive stunt dice on an attack then I roll and apply them on defensive attempts as well, but it would be nice if you posted a description of your defense in such a situation as well.)

Terraoblivion
2008-09-14, 05:42 AM
The blows against her did little to disturb Iris' stance or the flow of her motions. "Not bad dynast, but this ends here before anymore lives are lost in this senseless battle." As she spoke a faint sunburst started twinkling on her forehead, reflecting itself along the edge of her daiklave. Taking a half step backwards, she launches into a single sweeping slash. Instead of going directly for the dynast, however, she lets his hammer catch the slash, twisting it just as it hits in order to get through his defense and catch the flesh of the person beyond.

Retrieving her blade from the stricken dynast she held it high before her, ready to catch any blows his hammer might make and push them to the side and away from her.

Tyracus
2008-09-14, 10:22 AM
Leaving Iris to deal with the hammer wielding dynast before her Rand begins to run towards the beast that just fell into the melee. Charging his way through the disorganized throng of soldiers Rand approaches the throne. In three leaps he climbs to the top and leaps off of it reversing the grip on his blade so the blade faces the ground as he takes to the air above the creature. Coming down on the beast he uses the full force of his weight and muscle to tear a great gash as he comes to the ground. As soon as he lands Rand twists the blade and tears it out and up to meet the enraged beasts claws as they come for his head. His aura blazes around him while he does this whipping like a flame in the wind behind his blade.

Attacking the ape who just entered. Buying 6 dice with 1st melee excellency for the attack causing my Anima to flare up and I get a +2 DV vs anything with a Valor less than 5, any mortals who fail will flee (much like they've been doing).

Attack: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]