PDA

View Full Version : MTG Ravnica Races.

EndlessWrath
2008-09-08, 04:31 PM
Vedalken.

+2 int +2 Dex -2 con -2 Char
Racial Permanent memory ability: Vedalken have an unusual memory. which they can recite things verbatum from reading or hearing information.
Racial Bonus: Lowlight vision 120 ft.
Weapon Prof Double Sword
Vedalken have 4 arms. Therefore two weapon fighting may be applied as well as Multi weapon fighting bonus feat.
---------------
Viashino (lizard man.)
+2dex +2 str -2 char -2 int.
Battle axe prof.
darkvision 60 ft
language draconic and common, bonus: orc, elf, dwarf, gnome, halfling and goblin
Fav class Barbarian or rogue
Racial Bonus feat
+2 sleight of hand +2 disable device.
Two weapon fighting : as the feat.
+1 level adjust

lord of kobolds
2008-09-08, 04:40 PM
Viashino are usually quite wel trained in combat, so i would switch favored class to fiighter.

Lorien077
2008-09-08, 10:28 PM
Fluff please? I live under a rock but I'm curious.

vicente408
2008-09-09, 12:50 PM
Vedalken of Ravnica do not have four arms. You're thinking of Mirrodin vedalken.

Ganurath
2008-09-09, 01:01 PM
Viashino are lizardfolk who are native to desert enviroments. Although they can swim through sand like aquatic races through water, Ravnica is completely urbanized so their traditional Spring Attack tactics are no longer an option. Instead, they honor their mobile combat tradition through evasive combat styles, making the Scout a more suitable favored class. As for ability shifts, I'd suggest +2 Dex, -2 Con, -2 Int, +2 Wis. They're mobile, yet red races tend to be more vulnerable. They're savage, yet capable trackers... And according to Bloodscale Prowler's flavor text they can track by scent.

Vedalken are a blue-skinned, logic oriented race. Not much is said of their physical abilities, but they tend to be antisocial intellectuals so +2 Int and -2 Cha is probably the best bet. Guildpact mentions that the entire race is telepathic (which is why they're generally the lead member of juries in Ravnica) so some ability to that effect... Detect Thoughts 1/day? Dissension also mentioned they favor cold enviroments, so probably a bonus to fortitude saves in such settings, or maybe even cold resistance.

DracoDei
2008-09-09, 04:52 PM
Next to completely unfamiliar with these races, but I have enough homebrew experience to make some comments I think.

Veldalken: Are you sure you want to give a blanket exotic weapon proficiency, such that even the wizards, sorcerors, and/or psions of the Veldalken get it? The traditional thing is to make an exotic weapon count as a martial weapon for members of the race.

Vashino: Need to come up with rules for the sand-swimming, even if they come down to "Use the swim rules". They could use an ability to hear through sand pretty precisely (maybe even tremorsense, but probably not precise enough to aim attacks, just precise enough to figure out when to burst out if they use it for ambushes), and/or extended breath-holding to go with that... perhaps make the basic ability and/or the synergistic abilities I mentioned feats?