PDA

View Full Version : Clue Revamped IC

MrEdwardNigma
2008-09-08, 08:59 PM
There are shouts. Several doors slam open and some people come running down the stairs. Not all the way though, as a corpse is suspended in the staircase. Mr. Black, their host, dead as a doornail. The shouts came from the butler, who'd discovered the corpse. He ran off quickly to the hallway, leaving the six guests staring at their dead friend. A rope had been thrown around his neck and he'd been suspended from the upstairs railing, his feet almost touching the stairs, but not quite. Beneath him was a puddle of blood, leaking out of a series of stab wounds in his stomach. It was a vicious murder to say the least. Safe to say he was killed last night though, as he was still wearing his tuxedo. The guests looked around at each other, knowing that it must have been one of them who killed him. Was it Mss. Scarlett, the moviestar, who'd entered the hallway from downstairs for some reason instead of upstairs? Then again, all of them had acted suspiciously in some way the night before...

The police were soon there. The inspector introduced himself as Inspector Gray and he and his two contables would keep the house on lockdown. No-one was to leave, everyone was a suspect. They were free to move about the house and even the garden, but never beyond the fence. The gardener, Rusty, was dragged in as well, as he too was a suspect.

Rules

Spoiler your posts. Only mention the room you will be in before the spoiler. You may only read the spiolers of rooms you're in, and only after you've posted that you enter that room. There are nine rooms inside: the conservatory, the dining room, the hall, the study, the library, the pool room, the ballroom, the kitchen and the lounge. Then there's the staircase, where the murder took place, the shed outside and the hedgemaze outside. In the maze you are not allowed to read other people's post at all.
The purpose of this game might be to find the killer. It might not be. It might be to keep the killer hidden, it might be to kill. No purpose is given. Be your character, do what you feel their place is.
If you change rooms, you must make a spoiler in your post saying that you're leaving a room, and a different one saying that you're entering another one. Once someone has left a room, he is gone, and other people in the room should treat him as such. Make sure you finish a conversation before walking off.
Your first post should include a part in the staircase, as that's where you start. You could leave, but then refer to the above rule.
Even if you're in a room with others you can try to do things without them noticing. Put these in seperate spoilers marked "[room name] personal". This may fail, in which case I'll tell the others in that room what you seem to be doing.
Questions are encouraged, I'm sure I've forgotten something. Use spoilered posts marked "OOC" or "OOC personal" for questions you don't want others to know about.

Uncle Festy
2008-09-08, 09:15 PM
Staircase

"Oh god…" gasps Miss Peacock. Before anyone can say a word, she spins on her heel and flees the room.

Conservatory

Miss Peacock enters the room, and sits down on a bench or something similar. She seems worried – and a little frightened – but not actually all that surprised, considering she just saw a dead body.

((I probably shouldn't have left the staircase, as that's where the interesting stuff is gonna happen, but it's a very IC reaction. Oh well, let's see how this pans out.))

MrEdwardNigma
2008-09-08, 09:24 PM
Conservatory
As she sat down on one of the chairs in the conservatory, Mrs. Peacock noticed two things. The first was a cold breeze, blowing in from the glass doors that led to the garden and had been left open. The second thing was the plate on the plastic table set up in the conservatory. The were still some smudges of salmon on there. Someone had eaten here last night, and not cleaned up after themselves. Except for the plastic chairs, the table and the many plants there wasn't much to see in the conservatory at first sight though

Uncle Festy
2008-09-08, 09:37 PM
((Making use of what time I'm on.))

Conservatory

"Brr! It's cold in here!" Miss Peacock exclaims. She walks over to the door, reaching out to close it… and then stops. After a moment of thought, she sticks her head out of the door, looking for anything unusual… like, say, footprints.
((:smallamused:))

String
2008-09-08, 10:16 PM
STAIRCASE.

----Miss Scarlett came running from the billiard room, her crimson dress obviously adorned hastily, as she tugged the zipper while walking. Upon seeing Mr.Black, she was silent, and stared. And stared. It had been almost a full ten seconds, in which she was completely motionless, eyes up, staring at the lifeless host. And then: She screamed. A long shrill shriek that would have given a banshee a run for her money, one that would have made a broadway actress jealous with it's length and support, and one that no critic would say was ingeniune. As it faded away, Scarlett stumbled back against the wall, gibbering and crying incoherently, her already-slightly-smudged makeup streaming down her face.----

OOC So..are we starting when we see Black? or when the cops get here? Cuz peacock seems to be starting from the discovery of the corpse. Whats going on?

playswithfire
2008-09-08, 10:35 PM
Staircase

The sight of the corpse makes the professor a bit hysterical. What? Black dead? Who? Why? Several deep breaths later he seems to calm down and attempt to shove his personal response aside in favor of trying to figure out exactly what is happening. He can be heard to mumble. Hung and stabbed. Redundant, or is it? Those wounds are bloody, but would they have killed him? Or did they come after just for effect? Much easier to analyze bodies the longer they're dead. Dead! Oh, where is... A look of fear comes over him and he quickly pats down his pockets. Clearly not finding what he's looking for, he excuses himself and heads for the lounge.

Lounge

Arriving in the lounge, Plum's glance darts quickly around the room, scanning for the amulet. If it is not immediately visible, he moves closer to where they were all seated and searches more diligently, moving items on the table, checking between couch cushions, etc.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-09-09, 05:53 AM
Conservatory
Mrs. Peacock discovered several pairs of footprints in the mud, but most of them were just vague impressions rather than clear imprints of the soles. Only one of the footprints actually showed what the sole would look like. The footprints left to and came from all kinds of different directions, but the patch of mud didn't stretch far enough to see where exactly they lead. Oh, and there weren't any muddy footprints inside. In fact, the tiles were sparklingly clean. There was a muddy rag at the exit though.

Staircase
"Shall we take down the corpse, inspector?" one of the constables asks, drawing a rather large knife.

Lounge
The lounge still looked pretty much like it looked the night before, only with more empty glasses on the table. The contents of the liquor cabinet had decreased too. The talisman however was nowhere to be found, even after overturning all the cushions in the couches, searching the floor and checking the cabinets.

OOC
The game begins when the police arrives (thus barring any escapes from the mansion). I assume Professor Plum and Mrs. Peacock's reactions were simply late reactions due to shock.

Eldan
2008-09-09, 06:44 AM
Staircase

Mrs. White, the late Mr. Black's cook, stared at the body with a face mostly devoid of emotion.
"So he got himself killed...", she mutters, shaking her head.
"Shame, really."
She looks around at the other guests, wiping her hands on the apron she was still wearing from making breakfast. Then, a little louder, she continues:
"Perhaps we should all sit down and drink a cup of tea first, to calm down a little."

Slamexo
2008-09-09, 10:38 AM
Staircase
"Oh, dear me what a dreadful abomination, but God's will to take a man from our hands is inevitable. My children, as much as we do not want to believe it, unless someone broke into the mansion then it could only have been one of us, so if whoever did so would want to come confess to me now and possibly be saved from eternal damnation in the fiery pits of hell, then you can find me in the study, trying to piece together this dreadful mess."

As he walked towards his destination, he gave Miss Scarlet a brief solemn glance, then headed away from the croud.

Study
Alone in the study, Reverend Green slumps down into the chair and moans deeply to himself. "Oh Father, what've you got yourself into now? First you can't resist the innocent harlot, and now you've gone and wound up in this room. Dear me, whoever did this is a monster! What in the Father's name should I do?" Rubbing his head in thought, the Reverend continues to ponder his dillema.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-09-09, 11:17 AM
Staircase
"Madam, I am abhorred!" the butler exclaimed, "How could you think of having tea at a time like this, Mrs. White??"

"I dunno" the constable without the big knife said, "It might be good to get you all out of our hair for a bit while we investigate the murder scene. I'm not sure though. Inspector, what do you think?"

Study
The study still looked pretty much like the reverend had left it the night before. The used plate was still on the desk, and so were the reverend's notes about his sermon. It was about chastity and the virtues of not having sex before marriage, of all things.

String
2008-09-09, 11:32 AM
STAIRCASE
Scarlett stood shakily as the constable talked of cutting Black down, and began to wipe at her face with a kercheif. As the Reverend gave his speech and glanced her way, she managed to channel her grief into anger, letting out an indignant squawk and following after him.

STUDY
Miss Scarlett dashed into the Study after Green, and violently spun him around, jabbing a polished fingernail into his chest.

"Now what was that about, Reverend?! What exactly was I supposed to glean from that look? I'm an actress, not a whore, damn you! Do you think I did it!? Do you think that I'm capable of doing-" Here she stammered, and fought to say the words, " murder?!"
OOC

Alright, done, thanks.

playswithfire
2008-09-09, 01:11 PM
Lounge

Damn....damn damn damn. Convinced that the talisman, wherever it was now, was not in this room, Plum saw no better option than to return to the staircase and ask the others which of them had held on to it for safekeeping. Must assume the best of others after all, recent events notwithstanding. After one last glance, he headed back to the staircase.

Staircase

Clearly embarrassed, Plum addressed those still at the staircase. I... I know it's somewhat inappropriate to discuss worldly matters so soon after a friend has died, but, well, I believe I left the amulet I was showing you all in the lounge last night, but it isn't there anymore. I don't know if it was moved as part of cleaning the drinks last night a nod to the butler or if one of you was nice enough to protect it from careless spills for me, but, well, I'd hate to think I'd lost it permanently. He shuffles his feet a bit and looks hopefully at those assembled, anxious for some good news.

Phobia
2008-09-09, 01:15 PM
Staircase
"Hm?" The Inspector responded, glancing from the hanging body to the constable. "Oh, yes, yes, cut him down at once.... whomever has done this obviously didn't leave many clues on the body, except of course of the instrument of death and the content of their character." Inspector Grey mused to himself, examing the corpse. "No need to frighten these innocent people with its presence any longer, get the boys at the hospital to see if they can get anything out of it."

The Inspector stood by for a moment, then suddenly looked sharply at the butler and constable again. "Ah, yes, yes!" He said fussily, "Tea is good, all of you go have some tea... out of my crime scene... but don't leave the premises!" He told the remaining 'llpeople there. "Any," and he whispered this next part, ",and probably all of you," he continued normally, "are suspects here! So, have your tea while you can, i'll find you..." He mumbled to himself mostly, then went about investigating the crime scene around the body.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-09-09, 01:37 PM
Study
When Mss. Scarlett enters the study she finds the reverend sitting at the desk. There are some items on the desk. There's an empty plate with some smudges of salmon on it, a pen and some notes.

Staircase
The constable nodded and ran upstairs, then cutting the rope that had been tied to the railing there. Meanwhile, the other constable grabbed the corpse and lowered it, laying it down at the bottom of the stairs. The constable's hands quickly patted down Mr. Black's body and soon he produced two items from his pockets. One was a shiny ancient talisman and the other a small velvet box. Inside the velvet box was a diamond ring.

"Well, I guess he didn't get mugged" one of the constables joked.
"I'll take a look at him right here, if that's okay with you, inspector. There's a lot I can tell from a simple look at the corpse. I don't even think we'll need to take him to the morgue." The constable set to work loosening the noose from Mr. Black's neck.

Slamexo
2008-09-09, 01:39 PM
Study
Shocked at Miss Scarlett's violent outburst towards him, Reverend Green stood his ground against her:

"My child, I have every reason not to believe you are the one who did this! I was giving you that look-" he briefly pauses here for a moment before resuming his speech "-to reassure myself that you're innocent! If anything, I only pray that it wasn't one of those amongst us! Please, I do not wish to fight with a lovely young woman such as yourself, and I have no doubt that you're innocent!"

Myshlaevsky
2008-09-09, 02:16 PM
Staircase:
Colonel Mustard's red face is clouded with a surge of white as he stares blankly up at the corpse. Gripping the bannister for support, the huge, bloated old man sinks down to sit on the stares. A look of horror suffuses over his face as the next few minutes pass him by completely.

playswithfire
2008-09-09, 02:18 PM
Staircase

Unable restrain himself, Plum says perhaps too loudlyMy talisman! Then, realizing that he had once again breached propriety, he clears his throat and addresses the constable holding the items. Forgive my outburst, constable, but that talisman there is the item I was referring to a moment ago. I understand that it may need to be held as evidence in this investigation, but I would like to take whatever steps are necessary to ensure that it is eventually returned to myself and Brenton University and that all possible precautions for its safety are taken while it is in police custody; it's quite old. Would you permit me a closer look to ensure it has not already been damaged during the ... the attack? Assuming the constable is agreeable, Plum leans in to examine the talisman.

OOC
Examining it both for damage and, given the odd situation, to make sure, as much as possible with a visual examination that it is in fact the amulet and not a copy of some sort

MrEdwardNigma
2008-09-09, 02:28 PM
Staircase
"Well, if everyone already touched the amulet last night, I see no reason not to let you have a look at it, sir" the constable said, handing over the amulet.

Staircase, Plum only
The amulet is indeed the Talisman of Life and it does not seem to have been damaged in any way.

Phobia
2008-09-09, 03:43 PM
Staircase
"Yes, yes, of course, of course." Inspector Grey said fussily again, waving his hand to allow the constable to inspect it. "Hmm... so, the motivation in this crime was not robbery. I fear we are dealing with something more sinister... perhaps a pyscho..." Grey said darkly, looking at the items himself.

When the exchange between the constable and Plum went on, Grey eyed the Professor darkly. "Sir... why exactly did he have your amulet?" He said, pulling out a standard police notebook and started to write. "Perhaps it was his, or he was keeping it from you.... or tried to steal it from you. Yes, yes, from the University... Sounds rather like a... motivation." He said, a little smile twisting his lips and a gleam in his eye at a lead as he waited for the good professors response and reaction. You could tell a lot about someone by how they responded to an accusation.

Eldan
2008-09-09, 03:55 PM
Staircase

"Quite the opposite!"
The old Lady shakes her head at the butler.
"At a time like this, it is best when we all sit together, calm down and let these men here do their work."
She then adresses everyone present.
Ladies and Gentlemen, if everybody would please relocate to the Lounge, I will serve tea shortly. The butler will of course gladly serve you any other drink, if you wish for alcohol"
Mrs. White then leaves for the kitchen.

Kitchen

Humming quietly, Mrs. White prepares tea for everyone.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-09-09, 05:00 PM
Staircase
The constable laid out the rope besides the corpse and took some samples of the puddle of blood. Then he turned to the remaining guests. "You may want to leave now, sirs. This may be ugly". He then started unbuttoning Mr. Black's shirt.

Staircase, Gray only
Neither the ring nor the talisman meant much to the inspector. They seemed valuable, but he was no expert.

Kitchen
The kitchen still pretty much looked the way Mrs. White had left it the night before. There was still a pile of dishes to do from dinner and the cup she'd used to gather the poison from the snakes was still there too. The kitchen seemed to have gotten cold overnight, which made Mrs. White notice that the window was ajar. She'd left it open the day before, sure, but not quite this wide.

Myshlaevsky
2008-09-09, 05:07 PM
Staircase:
The colonel pulls himself to his feet, steadying his bodyon the bannister, and leaves in the wake of Mrs White, muttering "Of course, of course... quite enough ugliness already." He rubs one borad hand against his wrinkled forehead.

Kitchen:
The first thing Colonel Mustard does is pull up a chair, before taking a long, stinking draught from the flask of whiskey he carries with him.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-09-09, 05:33 PM
Kitchen
The colonel sat down at the table, next to a whole pile of dishes. It was rather cold in there and the chair was rather uncomfortable, but the flask sure helped with that. Mrs. White was arduously preparing tea while he sat there.

playswithfire
2008-09-09, 06:24 PM
Stairs

I'm not sure why he had it, Inspector, unless, as I said before, he wanted to make sure it wasn't carelessly spilled upon. He was himself an aficionado of ancient artifacts, which was why I'd brought the item here, to show it to him. I can't imagine that he'd planned to steal it; I'm sure he noticed that I'd left it behind for others to enjoy and was simply keeping it safe for me.

Uncle Festy
2008-09-09, 06:36 PM
((Is sad that he can't read any of the other posts.))
Conservatory

"Darn. No cliche'd trail of footprints to follow. Oh well, I should probably look around somewhere else."
Miss Peacock heads to the door. But before leaving, she resumes her slightly panicked expression…

Lounge

Miss Peacock half runs, half walks in, an expression of panic on her face. She looks around.
((Description of surroundings/people here, please?))

Phobia
2008-09-09, 10:48 PM
Staircase
"Yes, yes, of course, of course." Inspector Grey said, stroking his chin, and glancing at the amulet again, and tapped his pen against his pad rhythmically. With a glance over at the body, he walked with the good Professor to the far side of the room till the professors back was turned.

"So, Professor Plum I assume...." He said, looking over his information, "Tell me, please, if you have noticed anything suspicious these last couple of days, everything you know about the guests here, and if any of them had any reason to do harm to the victim here." Of course, he had most of this information already, but hearing it first hand always colored it. He was faced toward the Professor, and was still keeping an eye on that body in case there anything note-worthy about it. He would go examine it more throughly later.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-09-10, 04:36 AM
Staircase
Constable Peach opened up Mr. Black's vest, revealing several stabwounds to his gut. The butler went pale, swivelled on his feet and threw up next to the staircase.
"I-I'm not feeling so well... I had better go lie down for a bit..."
He walked off, leaning into walls here and there.
"Poor fellow, I had that same problem with my first corpse..." constable Ocean, the one with the big knife said.
"He was stabbed after hanging, sir" constable Peach said. He then proceeded to carefully look over the rest of the corpse.
"Any jobs for me in the mean time, inspector?" constable Ocean asked.

Lounge
The lounge looked somewhat like the night before, only less crowded and with more empty glasses on the table. The liquor cabinet was open too and it's contents had decreased. Someone seemed to have made a bit of a mess of the place though, as all the cushions were overturned and most of the cabinets were open. Before Mrs. Peacock could do anything the door swivelled open and the butler walked in, his face all pale.
"Oh, heavens, I need to lie down for a bit"
He quickly put the cushions back in one of the couches and plunged down in it.
"Ooooooh..." he wailed, holding his hand in front of his eyes.

Uncle Festy
2008-09-10, 06:06 AM
Lounge

Mrs. Peacock runs over to the butler. "Oh my, sir! Are you alright?"
She turns her head. "And what happened to the liquor?"

MrEdwardNigma
2008-09-10, 06:09 AM
Lounge
"Oh, you know how it gets, miss. There was a lot of drinking last night. Me and Mrs. White shared a couple of bottles of wine even".
His face went pale again.
"Oh, my... I don't feel so good... It must have been the wine. Well, that and seeing those gory... Oh"
Holding one hand on his stomach he sat up for a bit, then relaxed and laid down again.
"If you don't mind I'd like some peace and quiet, miss"

playswithfire
2008-09-10, 08:19 AM
Staircase

I'm afraid I'm not well acquainted with any of the other guests and I don't know of any reason for one of them to have harmed Black. He pauses to think for a moment. As for suspicious happenings, nothing strikes me as particularly odd, except, and I'm sure it's nothing, but Colonel Mustard was the first to leave the room where I was showing the amulet. I believe he'd mentioned something about needing to fix his car. But when I ran into him in the library some time later, I didn't notice any evidence of such work and he seemed strangely pleased when I left. A shrug. Obviously, Black was still alive when Mustard left the lounge, but, well, you did ask for anything odd.

Eldan
2008-09-10, 08:33 AM
Kitchen

Mrs. White frowns, then closes the window.
"Strange. Must have left it open. It's getting cold in here, isn't it?"
She takes a platter out of a cupboard and places a handful of cups, the teapot, milk and sugar on it.
"Would you please come over to the Lounge as well, Colonel? It's certainly more comfortable there."

Myshlaevsky
2008-09-10, 03:15 PM
Kitchen:
The colonel pulls himself to hit feet, takes another swig of his flask, and addresses Mrs White in a warm, clear voice, "Certainly, my dear. I fear I'll find little comfort today, regardless."

Dresil
2008-09-10, 03:59 PM
Staircase

The middle aged gardener looked at the corpse of Mr. Black and lowered his eyes.Bloody shame, he was a damn good employer. He shifted back and forth one on foot to the other before Mrs. White offered tea and booze. Given the circumstances, I wouldn't mind some whiskey. He wiped his hands on his dirty shirt and made his way to the Lounge.

Lounge

The gardener walks in, untucking his shirt, thinking propriety was past the group at this point. Of course, he was looking past the dirt and grease stains on the thing. Can't believe that happened. He payed well too, damn shame. Damn shame... Rusty looked down, paused for a moment and then plopped down on a nearby sofa that had an empty seat. I could sure go for something stiff right now.

OOC

Apologies for taking so long, I work from 8-3 CST and did not know this went up last night.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-09-10, 04:07 PM
Lounge
As Rusty entered the lounge, the butler was lying on one of the couches while Mrs. Peacock was simply standing around. The cushions in all the other couches but the one the butler was resting on were overturned and most of the cabinets in the room were open, most notably the liquor cabinet, which was missing several bottles. Most of those bottles were on the table, paired with a bunch of empty to half-full glasses.

Dresil
2008-09-10, 04:20 PM
Lounge

Rusty helps himself to a bottle, not wasting time finding an empty glass. He takes a nip of whiskey, grimaces briefly and then looks around. Y'know Jeeves, if this is how you keep the lounge 'tidy', I'm surprised Black kept you on this long.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-09-10, 04:24 PM
Lounge
The butler groaned.
"I spent last night cleaning up the dining room. After that I just sort of... I thought it could wait till the morning. I'd clean it right now, but I'm feeling awful and working in light of recent events seems rather untasteful".
Jeeves rolled over and groaned some more.

Dresil
2008-09-10, 04:29 PM
Lounge

The gruff man just scoffed, taking another swig. He grimaces again after the whiskey-burn. So they say one of ya'll killed him, eh?

OOC

Jeeves was just a sarcastic term Rusty uses for the butler, a high-brow, blueblood twit in the gardener's eyes.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-09-10, 04:34 PM
Lounge
The butler just groaned, not really bringing forth any real reaction.

OOC
Sure, but Jeeves actually happens to be his name. I conceived him to be called Jeeves from the beginning of the game, but wasn't really planning to bring it up yet.

Phobia
2008-09-10, 04:56 PM
Staircase
"Hmm... thats interesting. Do you know where this Colonel Mustard is now, Professor?" Inspector Grey said, considering. He walked over to take a look at the body himself over the Constable Peaches shoulder. "Constable Ocean, I want you to round up some of the guests for questioning, i'll be finding this Colonel Mustard myself."

Uncle Festy
2008-09-10, 05:05 PM
OOC
Sure, but Jeeves actually happens to be his name. I conceived him to be called Jeeves from the beginning of the game, but wasn't really planning to bring it up yet.

OOC

Heh. That's pretty funny. :smallamused:

Lounge

Mrs. Peacock, feeling a little nervous around all the members of what she considers the 'common class', moves towards the door… and stops. "Er… would you mind if I took a bottle? All this is playing havoc with my nerves, with Mr. Black and I being… well, you know…" She trails off.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-09-10, 05:07 PM
Staircase
Constable Peach turned over Mr. Black's head and let his fingers slide through the corpse's hair.
Constable Ocean tucked away his knife in his belt.
"I'm sorry, sir? Round them up? Is there anyone in specific you need? Or should I gather them all in one room? I think most of them are to be found in the lounge, actually, sir"

Staircase, Gray only
Mr. Black's corpse had seven stab wounds, two of which delived to the lower chest and the rest to his abdomen. The stabwounds were bloody, but not by far as bloody as they would have been had Mr. Black's heart still been pumping when he was killed. His shirt only had superficial spots of blood on it really, where the stabs had been made. Most of it had run down his legs or dripped onto the stairs.

Then there were the strangling wounds. There was a purple impression on Black's neck, indicating he hadn't been dead when the rope was tied around his neck. Dying, perhaps, but not dead.

Oh, and constable Peach had revealed a third injury. His fingers pulled aside Black's hair, revealing a bloody mark on his head. Blunt object trauma, it seemed. The blood had congealed rather quickly, clotting up with the hair, so the wound hadn't really been noticable up until now.

Lounge
The butler just groaned a bit, still not really answering any questions.

playswithfire
2008-09-10, 08:50 PM
Staircase

Walking back over to the corpse with the inspector, Plum answers, I believe I saw the Colonel heading for the kitchen, but that was a few moments ago. Hearing the constable's comment about the others, Grey turns to hand the talisman to Grey Here is the talisman back; it seems to be in fine condition and I appreciate you letting me inspect it. If the others have moved to the lounge, I believe I'll go join them. With your permission, Inspector?

String
2008-09-10, 10:22 PM
STUDY
Scarlett was silent for a moment, still livid, and not entirely convinced, but settled for finally storming out to the staircase, leaving the Reverend to his self.

STAIRCASE
The actress came striding to the stairwell looking furious, but quickly brought it under control.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-09-11, 04:47 AM
Staircase
As Scarlett came to the staircase she noted most of the others had left. Only the two constables, the inspector and professor Plum were still there. The professor and the inspector seemed to be talking as she entered, while one of the constables was inspecting Mr. Black's corpse which was on the floor in front of the stairs now. He'd unbuttoned his shirt, revealing several stab wounds. The other constable was just sort of standing around, but at least he'd put away that big knife. Another thing that caught Mss. Scarlett's attention was the puddle of vomit next to the stairs.

Slamexo
2008-09-11, 10:46 AM
Study
Slumping his head into his hands after Miss Scarlett left him be, Reverend Green once again spoke out loud to himself:
"That poor innocent girl, if only she knew why I know she's not to blame! Damn myself to hell!" he yelled out loud before grabbing the plate off the table and throwing it against the wall, smashing it to pieces.
"How could I have done such a thing!? Raping her innocent body and trying to walk away like nothing happened? All that's left for me now is the wrath of God; the best I can hope for is to take it with humility in his good name."

"But then again, if Miss Scarlett were to find out that I had done such a thing, my punishment would not be at the lord's hands alone, and I would not be repenting the way I should...I have no choice then. I must send the child to the Lord's waiting hands."

Grabbing his notes off of the table and stuffing them into his pockets, the Reverend walked out the room whilst reciting holy verse to himself.

Staircase
As Reverend Green returns to the staircase, he appears to be chanting to himself for a brief moment before stopping and turning his attention to everyone in the hall.
"My children, have any of you seen Colonel Mustard? I need to talk to him about a suspicion that's arisen about last night."
He looks at everyone with a solemn glance, regardless of anything else going on currently in the staircase.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-09-11, 01:23 PM
Staircase
The Reverend arrived at the stairs and found Plum and Gray talking to each other. The two constables and Scarlett are still around too, but the Colonel is nowhere to be seen, and the others have left too. One of the constables was inspecting Black's corpse, which had been laid out in front of the stairs. His shirt was open and showed several stab wounds. Strangly there was also a puddle of vomit next to the stiars that hadn't been there earlier. The constable who wasn't currently occupied looked up.
"Last time I saw him he was heading for the kitchen, but I think most of the others have joined up in the lounge by now. You should head there too, Mss. Scarlett. Mrs. White was going to make everyone some tea to calm down, I believe"

Slamexo
2008-09-11, 01:29 PM
Staircase
"I will have to wait for tea at the moment: it's important that I find Colonel Mustard soon. Thank you for the suggestion on where to look." Reverend Green replies before humbly bowing his head and heading off for the kitchen.

Kitchen
Reverend Green enters the kitchen in his search for Colonel Mustard.

Phobia
2008-09-11, 01:37 PM
Staircase
"Yes, yes, everyones already in one place. Its the Colonel I want to talk to most." Grey said fussily, pocketing the amulet when Plum handed it to him, "Of course, Professor, you are free to wander the premises. If you find anything out of the ordinary, please report it to me or one of the Constables." He said, watching the corpse and noticing all these strange injuries. The Inspector wrote a few things down in his notebook, and leaned in for a closer look. "Very strange, wouldn't you say, Peach?" He muttered, mostly to himself.

Inspector Grey looked back up from where the body was previously hanging, and stroked his chin, before looking at the two new guests that had entered. About to question the woman, what the Reverend had said brought his attention. Unfortunately, before he could get to him, he left. He walked over to and followed the Reverend to the kitchen. "Constable Ocean, if you would join me..."

Kitchen
"Good evening, sir, can I ask you a few questions?" He said, catching up to the reverend, a slight gleam in his eye.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-09-11, 02:05 PM
Staircase
Unfortunately the reverend was gone before Gray had the chance to question him. Meanwhile constable Peach was buttoning Black's shirt again.

Kitchen
The Reverend found both Mrs. White and Colonel Mustard in the kitchen, both apparently about to leave. Mrs. White was carrying a tray full of teacups, a teapot, milk and sugar on it. The Colonel on the other hand was just tucking away a metal flask. The only other remarkable thing about the kitchen was a pile of dishes from last night.

EDIT: Edited according to edited post above.

Eldan
2008-09-11, 02:17 PM
Kitchen

"If the Gentlemen would excuse me, I'll go serve the tea now."
Balancing the quite full tray, she leaves for the Lounge.

Lounge

Entering with a tray full of teacups, a teapot, milk and sugar, Mrs. White enters the room.
"Here we are, then. Who wants milk and/or sugar?"

Myshlaevsky
2008-09-11, 02:20 PM
Lounge:
Closely behind Mrs White, the cololnel hunches into the room, slouching into the nearest seat with a lazy wave of his hand. His face is quite pale.

Slamexo
2008-09-11, 02:34 PM
Kitchen
Slightly annoyed at missing the Colonel, Reverend Green decides to wait until he can be alone with him before taking his first step. In the meantime, he'd deal with the inspector.

"Yes Inspector please, ask your questions away."

MrEdwardNigma
2008-09-11, 02:40 PM
Lounge
As Mrs. White entered the room she found the gardener and Mrs. Peacock standing around, both with a glass of whiskey in their hands. There were plenty more glasses on the table from the night before, some empty and some half-full. The liquor cabinet was open and several bottles were now on the table. The cushions of one of the couches were overturned, while the other couch was occupied by the butler lying on it and faintly groaning.

OOC
Sharikov, you need to mention in a spoiler that you're leaving a certain room. You're in the lounge now, but please don't make that mistake in the future. It's very confusing, especially for those in the room you left.

Dresil
2008-09-11, 04:47 PM
Lounge

The gardener offers the Colenol a glass of whiskey without making eye contact. I'd think you'd prefer a man's drink to tea.

Uncle Festy
2008-09-11, 06:19 PM
Lounge

"Oh, hello," says Mrs. Peacock, waving a mostly-full liquor glass. "You know, got to take the tension off somehow."

playswithfire
2008-09-11, 06:27 PM
Staircase

Plum walks to the lounge to find the others.

Lounge

Upon entering the lounge, Plum addresses those still there It's not official yet, but I believe the inspectors would like us all to remain here and I imagine they'll be in to question us.

String
2008-09-11, 06:32 PM
STAIRCASE

Finding herself alone with a cop and a corpse, Miss Scarlett turned about and left for the lounge. In her experience, neither police nor dead men were very much good company

LOUNGE
Miss Scarlett seemed to have composed herself as she entered the Lounge, although the discerning observer might have noticed a slightly shaky right hand, the only idiosyncracy giving away her act. She quietly sat, and looked about the room

Uncle Festy
2008-09-11, 06:53 PM
Lounge

Mrs. Peacock sighs. "Alright. Better make myself comfortable." She sits down on the nearest couch… which happens to be the same one where the butler is lying. With a cry, Mrs. Peacock leaps up into the air. "Oh my! I'm so very sorry!"

MrEdwardNigma
2008-09-12, 04:56 AM
Lounge
The lounge was quite crowded now. Except for the butler who was lying on one of the couches and Scarlett who sat down on the other no-one had taken a seat yet. To make herself comfortable Scarlett had to put the cushion back into the couch, because most cushions had been taken out for some reason. Most cabinets were open as well, including, obviously, the liquor cabinet. There were bunches of bottles sprawled about the table and even more glasses, most from the night before. One of the open cabinets showed a whole collection of glasses though, so there was no need to re-use them. In any case, the table was pretty much full, leaving no room for the tray Mrs. White was holding with some teacups, a teapot, milk and sugar on it.

The only people who weren't in the lounge were the reverend, the inspector and the two constables.

playswithfire
2008-09-12, 03:35 PM
Lounge

Sensing the general mood of the room, Plum moves to the liquor cabinet and pours himself some rum. Colonel, I believe both the reverend the inspector were looking for you. They were both just near the staircase, but may have moved on, so I'm not sure whether to suggest you look for them or stay here and wait for them to figure it out. He takes a sip of his drink and the queries the room Can I get anyone a drink while I'm here?

String
2008-09-12, 07:41 PM
LOUNGE

"A martini please." Miss Scarlett muttered. With a shake of her head, she shuddered. "Actually, make it a scotch. Double, no Ice."

playswithfire
2008-09-13, 07:45 AM
Lounge

Coming right up. Plum pours the scotch, walks it over to Scarlett and hands it to her. After taking a sip of his own drink, he finally notices Mrs White's predicament with the overly full table. Forgive me Mr. White. I needed a drink to steady my nerves and didn't notice until just now. He sets his glass down and begins clearing the empties to make room for the tea tray.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-09-14, 07:08 AM
OOC
Just so we're clear, none of you are by any means forced to stay in the lounge. I mean, that was just the inspector's request. You're not obligated to wait around until he's done interviewing the reverend, which he seems to be making no progress in. Then again, this might be the perfect opportunity for you to ask each other some question, to try to figure out where everyone was last night at what time.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-09-14, 04:56 PM
OOC
I won't have internet until tuesday the 23rd, so I won't be able to GM this until then. You could possibly spend that time by talking to the others in the lounge, perhaps trying to figure out who killed Mr. Black.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-09-23, 12:07 PM
OOC
I'm officially back. Feel free to continue.

Uncle Festy
2008-09-23, 04:52 PM
((I'm still alive! :smallbiggrin:))

Uncle Festy
2008-09-28, 07:28 PM
*shamelessly bumps into*

MrEdwardNigma
2008-09-29, 10:11 AM
OOC
What, is no-one going to continue this?

Slamexo
2008-09-29, 10:41 AM
OOC: I'm perfectly willing to go on with this, I'm just waiting for Phobia, or at least I would be if he hadn't been logged off for sixteen days now :smallannoyed: