PDA

View Full Version : which source book class would you like to see?

krossbow
2008-09-08, 10:37 PM
what source book class would you like to see appear in the strip? hexblade, favored soul, ect?

personally, i'd like to see a warlock npc. sure, they're sub-par at the order's level, but then again so are fighters, and roy rocks.

tenguro
2008-09-08, 11:32 PM
I would like to see any of the classes from Tome of Battle, Walock from Complete Arcane, and more of the Psionic classes involved as well.

The Extinguisher
2008-09-08, 11:48 PM
I would give Rich my left kidney and a chunk of my liver to see a Binder in the comic.

And not just in passing. Okay, I'd still do it.

David Argall
2008-09-09, 12:00 AM
Now the big question here is how many jokes that can be made about the class. [This is related to how many people know the class, or at least can be quickly introduced to it.] The fact that a class is cool is of no interest. If we can't get some laughs at the class, it is not going to be a good addition to the strip.
So go thru the list of classes and reject all of them where the average reader might say "A XXXX? What is that?".

FujinAkari
2008-09-09, 12:40 AM
Aristocrat

what? I love that crazy old guy :P

kpenguin
2008-09-09, 02:16 AM
So go thru the list of classes and reject all of them where the average reader might say "A XXXX? What is that?".

Of course, Rich could make a joke off of how obscure the class is.

Tempest Fennac
2008-09-09, 02:50 AM
I think Rich did that to a degree with Incarnum users (I took RC forgetting that Psionics were in use to be a joke about the non-core classes which they hadn't used in OotS).

Gamerlord
2008-09-09, 06:33 AM
Ninja Ninja Ninja!
Samurai Samurai Samurai!
Hexblade Hexblade Hexblade!

FujinAkari
2008-09-09, 01:50 PM
Ninga Ninga Ninga!
Samuri Samuri Samuri!
Hexblade Hexblade Hexblade!

... you only spelled one of those correctly...

Holammer
2008-09-09, 03:01 PM
I would give Rich my left kidney and a chunk of my liver to see a Binder in the comic.

And not just in passing. Okay, I'd still do it.

Organ Harvest Technician incoming. Prepare lots of towels and fill your bathtub with ice. Try not to squirm during the procedure or the OHT might give you a few extra stabs.

Yorgelayheehoo
2008-09-09, 04:00 PM
A Devoted Defender would be awesome to see. That would be cool, especially given Hinjo and Kubota's value to their society and high, vulnerable position.

Belkarsbadside1
2008-09-09, 04:21 PM
What would really be awesome is Nale take a few levels in these classes. I can so imagine him with levels in Hexblade or Warlock.

Occasional Sage
2008-09-09, 04:55 PM
I'd like to see an archanamach please.

drengnikrafe
2008-09-09, 07:48 PM
I would like to see any of the classes from Tome of Battle, Walock from Complete Arcane, and more of the Psionic classes involved as well.

It's the last part that worries me. Didn't Redcloak, at some point, state that (and I paraphrase) they had to study for a long time to even find out whether or not Psionics existed in this world? Finding one would be... illogical, since, appearantly, so few exist.

Edea
2008-09-09, 07:55 PM
I'm thinking one class we won't see is the Artificer. Frankly, I'm amazed Psionics is mentioned anywhere in the strip.

TerrickTerran
2008-09-09, 08:13 PM
Factotum of course.:smallbiggrin:

Weiser_Cain
2008-09-09, 08:19 PM
Bisexual Psionic pervert...

Bandededed
2008-09-09, 08:24 PM
Bisexual Psionic pervert...

Er... is that a base class?

Weiser_Cain
2008-09-09, 08:27 PM
It is in my book...

drengnikrafe
2008-09-09, 08:37 PM
It is in my book...

And which book are you talking about?
Perchance the Complete.... nah, I'll abstain from the insult.

You have a strange book WC. Very strange.

Keldon
2008-09-09, 08:49 PM
I would like to see any of the classes from Tome of Battle

I'd say the opposite: everything but please, no classes from ToB. I'm glad OotS didn't convert to 4E, and seeing those "anime-like-fighter-casters-with-fancy-enervating-strikes-and-powers-that-really-don't-fit-dnd-at-all" from ToB would be as bad as seeing a major 4E conversion, IMHO.

Unless... Rich decides to mock those classes, as he did with the Incarnum user. :smallbiggrin:

Just a personal oppinion. :smalltongue:

Also, i think it would be interesting to see Archmages showing around. It's one of the most interesting kinds of wizards IMHO, and i'm surprised that we haven't seen any wizard with that prc on the OotS scenario. I can totally imagine V with Mastery of Elements and Spell Power abilities!

Tempest Fennac
2008-09-10, 12:43 AM
Why are you surprised that Psionics were mentioned, Edea? Also, RC had found 1 Psion who he was using to try to get information out of O-Chul (it appeared to be a joke about how some campaigns use Psionics while others don't).

Gamerlord
2008-09-10, 06:31 AM
... you only spelled one of those correctly...
Ooopsie Oopsie Ooopsie!
I gotta correct that....

Ichneumon
2008-09-10, 07:01 AM
Where did Rich make a joke about incarnum users? I can't remember that one?

Tempest Fennac
2008-09-10, 07:10 AM
It was in this comic: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0546.html .

UnChosenOne
2008-09-10, 11:52 AM
Warlock or Favorite Soul.

Niley
2008-09-10, 11:56 AM
More Psions! And I'd sure like to see the Arachnomancer. You know, that Underdark class? I imagine Elan screaming "Spiders! Gah! Gah! Gaaaaah!"

Jorgo Mono
2008-09-10, 01:49 PM
I'd like to see a warlock.

Or one of those asian-y divine spell casters from Complete Divine. I forget what they were called, but I think they specialized in a certain element or something.

My group just called them Benders.

Mephit
2008-09-10, 01:54 PM
Or one of those asian-y divine spell casters from Complete Divine. I forget what they were called, but I think they specialized in a certain element or something.

My group just called them Benders.

I think you mean the Wu Jen.

But what'd be hilarious to have in the comic would be a Truenamer NPC. They can alter reality by saying names. Come on, they're asking for a pun or two. :smallamused:

Tempest Fennac
2008-09-10, 02:03 PM
I think you're thinking of Shugenjas (Wu Jens are more like Wizards from what I can gather).

Aron Times
2008-09-10, 02:27 PM
I'd like to see Roy converted to a 4E fighter, so he actually has a chance against Xykon. :smallbiggrin:

*Flame Shield On*

krossbow
2008-09-10, 03:02 PM
i'd actually enjoy seeing a warlock character simply for the constant eldritch blasts as his answer to every problem.

On that matter, Xycon can kill people easily, but he lets them get way too close far too easily, simply so he can gloat in their face instead of killing them from far away. All it takes is a few lucky power attacks from Roy to put a crimp in the lich.

Belkarsbadside1
2008-09-10, 07:48 PM
What would be awesome is a spellthief, yes they suck in the real world, but in OOTS, I could imagine one skrewing with zykon or the party

rickvoid
2008-09-10, 08:04 PM
Soul Knife. Just for the "Drop your weapon!" "Okay" *makes a new one next round* "Hey! I told you to drop it!" "Okay" *does it again* jokes.

On reflection, I now want a Soul Knife to be one of the members of the new Linear Guild, assuming they return.

Watchdog
2008-09-10, 10:58 PM
I'd like to see a Warmage. Failing that, any of the classes from Tome of Battle would be neat.