PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt Build Challenge Returns III: Literary Figures

dspeyer
2008-09-09, 01:44 AM
Another week another challenge. We've seen a few of these before, and they were fun to read, so let's try a whole challenge of them.

RETURN OF THE GESTALT BUILD CHALLENGE II: LITERARY FIGURES

The challenge here is to take an existing artistic work and create a build which captures the essence of that work or of a character from that work. Not every detail has to be copied, but whatever is most important should be there. The builds also must be effective adventurers, in whatever role(s) they fill.

Galadriel of Mordor, Moby Richard, and Macavity from previous contests will be automatically entered here.

"Gestalt Build Challenge" General Rules

We'll follow Duke of URL's old rules plus with a few minor changes.

For numeric attributes with progressions (such as BAB and saves) first determine at each level which progression the attribute follows, then count how many levels of each progression you have, then index into the progressions, then add them together. This means that a fighter 1 / sorceror 19 // wizard 20 has 1 level of good BAB and 19 of bad, giving +1 and +9 respectively for a total BAB of +10. Similarly, a character with 20 different marshal classes gets a base fort save of +12, not +40. It's not addressed in the gestalt or multiclassing rules, but this tends to make the most reasonable builds.

Disregard the clause about multiclassing penalties. We could never figure out how to apply it anyway.

If you are using multiple templates, you may only do so in a way which makes sense with what the template means. For example, you may only use one template that represents one parent being of a different race unless your base race is one where more-than-two parent reproduction is normal.

Well known cheese (pun-pun, omnificer, etc.) is banned.

Here are Duke of URL's old rules, for those who have forgotten them. Spoilered because they're long

Unless otherwise specified in the specific challenge, the following rules and guidelines are always in effect:
Gestalt builds; 28-point buy; use any WOTC 3.5 product (including Dragon magazine) except where noted (only 3.0 products with an official upgrade to 3.5 are allowed)
Make all builds to ECL 20. However, indicate the minimum ECL the build is playable at (the level at which all LA and/or racial HD, if applicable, are accounted for) and label any level that indicates a "power break" where the build has a significant jump in power level. Provide a detailed description of how the build operates.
Any race with a listed level adjustment is allowed (no racial progressions from Savage Species, please). LA and HD each apply to one side of the gestalt; you may include LA and HD on the same side as each other, or on other sides. No LA buyoff. LA is applied before racial HD, which must be paid off before class levels on that side. Examples: LA X / RHD Y / class Z / ... // class A / ... -OR- LA X / class Y / ... // RHD A / class B / ...
Multiclass at will, but see "voting".
Up to two flaws are allowed, but see "voting".
Templates are allowed, but see "voting".
Voting: Upon the close of entries for each challenge, members of the forum may vote in-thread for the build that best represents the goals set out by the challenge. The voting criteria should consist of: Functionality: How well does the build do in its primary role as specified in the challenge? Weaknesses: Does the build have any glaring weaknesses that can be exploited? Playability: How much of the 1-20 level range can the build be played at and be effective? Creativity: Clever use of races, classes, and/or feats that may not be "typical" choices Cheese: Minimizing the number of cheese points Using flaws (1 point each) Ignoring mutliclassing penalties -- some DMs actually do enforce this in gestalt (1 point each) Single-level dips that would require several pages of justification to RP properly (1 point each) Templates that would require several pages of justification to RP properly (1 point per +1 LA) Attempting to use more than one PrC at any given level (1 point each) Attempting to use "dual progression" PrCs (1,000,000 points each) Over-dependence on items (1 point per indispensable item) Over-dependence on Diplomacy or Use Magic Device skills (1,000,000 points each)

playswithfire
2008-09-09, 06:37 AM
Can we include comic books under the general umbrella of artistic works? I started on a gestalt build for a non-caster Batman a while ago and this would be good incentive to finish fleshing it out.

jcsw
2008-09-09, 07:15 AM
I'm gonna make a ranger and give it Favored Power Attack. So that it will be a power ranger.

dspeyer
2008-09-09, 10:11 AM
Can we include comic books under the general umbrella of artistic works? I started on a gestalt build for a non-caster Batman a while ago and this would be good incentive to finish fleshing it out.

Sure, comic books count. What alignment is your character :-) ?

dspeyer
2008-09-09, 10:13 AM
I'm gonna make a ranger and give it Favored Power Attack. So that it will be a power ranger.

It might need a few levels in totem-barbarian....

playswithfire
2008-09-09, 10:16 AM
Sure, comic books count. What alignment is your character :-) ?
So far, Chaotic Good, though I know Batman's alignment is a hotly debated subject

It might need a few levels in totem-barbarian....

And maybe get one side into effigy master so he can make his own giant robot thing.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-09, 12:04 PM
See, if I was doing Batman, it would be Artificer/Factotem//Unarmed Swordsage/Warblade/Crusader.

Get great gear, full initiation, and a bunch of passive class features. Massive MAD, but Int focused, and can kill anything that's not a Caster.

playswithfire
2008-09-09, 12:13 PM
See, if I was doing Batman, it would be Artificer/Factotem//Unarmed Swordsage/Warblade/Crusader.

Get great gear, full initiation, and a bunch of passive class features. Massive MAD, but Int focused, and can kill anything that's not a Caster.

I've still got levels to play with, though I want enough mountebank levels to get the second alter ego (for Matches Malone) in there and I may rework him to have taken the Apprentice feat which will have turned into the Mentor feat. Also, I see Lucius Fox as more of an artificer than Bruce Wayne is. To be sure, he builds some of his own gear, but I think he also subcontracts a lot of it after doing the design work.

Also, how is your version full initiation? If you put all 3 on the same side and divide up the levels, you'll have an average initiator level of around 12 for all of them. Or did you mean access to all nine disciplines?

DrizztFan24
2008-09-09, 12:18 PM
*looks at title* *looks at name* *:smallamused:* *knows better than to try:smalltongue:* so is it safe to assume that video game characters are off limits as they are not literary?

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-09, 12:22 PM
The Crusader is just a dip for the occasional good maneuver/stance. WB 14/C 2/SS 4. Crusader 10/Warblade 17/Swordsage 12. Use a Monks Belt and Superior Unarmed Strike to get melee damage.

And yeah, I could see him with just the Leadership feat. A bunch of Expert and Magewright followers and an Artificer Cohort. That works fairly well.

monty
2008-09-09, 01:01 PM
Harry Potter. Sorcerer 20 // Commoner 20. Done.

Ok, I'll make a real one later.

Ascension
2008-09-09, 01:08 PM
I think I might finally put together that Captain America Bloodstorm Blade build I've been working on off and on. If I use a spiked shield, can I count it as a melee weapon and therefore throwable?

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-09, 01:11 PM
I think I might finally put together that Captain America Bloodstorm Blade build I've been working on off and on. If I use a spiked shield, can I count it as a melee weapon and therefore throwable?Maybe if it was a Spiked Shield of Bashing...

Ascension
2008-09-09, 01:13 PM
Maybe if it was a Spiked Shield of Bashing...

Actually, the non-spiked shield is on the melee weapon list too. I forgot about that. If I can enchant one as a weapon I'll just give him a tricked out heavy shield.

Ganurath
2008-09-09, 01:53 PM
The Flash

Human Scout 20 // Mo- No freakin' way The Flash can be Lawful.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-09, 02:05 PM
Really, that's pretty close, other than alignment. Scout 4/Ranger 16//Whirling Frenzy Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian 1/Monk 19. A bunch of weird powers, really fast land speed, and a bunch of attacks a round. Go TWF, Charge, Pounce, INA, and deal massive damage. Take the Run feat, Quick, and anything else that boosts speed.

Ascension
2008-09-09, 02:41 PM
I think Cap is going to be a Factotum/Scout/Justicar/Master Thrower//Warblade/Bloodstorm Blade. It'll be feat heavy but I think I can make it work. I need Justicar for the ability to do nonlethal without penalty (Bloodhound would work mechanically, but Justicar is better flavor-wise). The Factotum dip is necessary to qualify for Master Thrower without going into a sneaky class, and there is INT synergy with Warblade. I'd like to work Smite Evil into the build, but there really isn't any room.

The real problem with Cap is just how good he is at everything. He's stronger than an average human, he's acrobatic enough to do flips and rolls and stuff in combat, he's got mad skills with a thrown weapon but he can also punch people really hard, he's tactically smart, he's got good ol' American wisdom, he's charismatic enough to be the face of a nation... I need a better point buy.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-09, 02:45 PM
Use this (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=320889) thread. Get Int to just about everything, then don't worry about it.

playswithfire
2008-09-09, 02:59 PM
I think Cap is going to be a Factotum/Scout/Justicar/Master Thrower//Warblade/Bloodstorm Blade. It'll be feat heavy but I think I can make it work. I need Justicar for the ability to do nonlethal without penalty (Bloodhound would work mechanically, but Justicar is better flavor-wise). The Factotum dip is necessary to qualify for Master Thrower without going into a sneaky class, and there is INT synergy with Warblade. I'd like to work Smite Evil into the build, but there really isn't any room.

The real problem with Cap is just how good he is at everything. He's stronger than an average human, he's acrobatic enough to do flips and rolls and stuff in combat, he's got mad skills with a thrown weapon but he can also punch people really hard, he's tactically smart, he's got good ol' American wisdom, he's charismatic enough to be the face of a nation... I need a better point buy.
There's also a feat in Book of Exalted Deeds that lets you do nonlethal without penalty. I think it's also called Subduing Strike. I don't think it requires anything other than good alignment, which Cap definitely has, if you don't want to both with Justicar levels and Skill Focus(Gather Info)

Chronos
2008-09-09, 03:11 PM
I don't have time to work it out right now, but I'm calling dibs on DoytHaban, from Schlock Mercenary. The whole two-sapiences-sharing-one-body thing works well with gestalt, I think.

Ascension
2008-09-09, 03:19 PM
There's also a feat in Book of Exalted Deeds that lets you do nonlethal without penalty. I think it's also called Subduing Strike. I don't think it requires anything other than good alignment, which Cap definitely has, if you don't want to both with Justicar levels and Skill Focus(Gather Info)

Thanks, that'll simplify the build a good bit. If I drop Justicar I don't need Track, gather info, survival... I might do Factotum/Swashbuckler/Master Thrower//Warblade/Bloodstorm Blade. I'll focus on STR and INT, keep CHA fairly high, and I think I can explain away an averageish CON, WIS, and DEX. I'll throw on a Belt of the Monk to give him some unarmed power in case he's separated from his shield.

Siegel
2008-09-09, 03:20 PM
Really, that's pretty close, other than alignment. Scout 4/Ranger 16//Whirling Frenzy Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian 1/Monk 19. A bunch of weird powers, really fast land speed, and a bunch of attacks a round. Go TWF, Charge, Pounce, INA, and deal massive damage. Take the Run feat, Quick, and anything else that boosts speed.

Maybe replace the Ranger levels with psychic Warrior.

You may also want to look at Elocater and Swiftblade

Ascension
2008-09-09, 03:22 PM

You may also want to look at Elocater and Swiftblade

Is Swiftblade the one that gives you all those Haste-based effects?

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-09, 03:33 PM

You may also want to look at Elocater and SwiftbladeI was doing that for Swift Hunter. Full Skirmish Progression+TWF feats.

Prometheus
2008-09-09, 03:33 PM
It's a darned shamed (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89573) there aren't any homebrews.

Siegel
2008-09-09, 03:58 PM
Is Swiftblade the one that gives you all those Haste-based effects?

If i got the name right it is.

Kurald Galain
2008-09-09, 05:09 PM
Galadriel of Mordor, Moby Richard, and Macavity from previous contests will be automatically entered here.

If you put it that way, many of the characters in earlier GBCs were named after something literary (e.g. the Flame of Anor, and even that Black Pudding thingy I wrote). Do you really want to enter all of those?

Chronos
2008-09-09, 05:15 PM
For that matter, Moby Richard and Macavity were really just inspired by the literary characters, not really an attempt to model them.

playswithfire
2008-09-09, 10:48 PM
Updated Batman build, now level 20; still needs work and gear (Batman's not Batman without his gear)

Batman alias Bruce Wayne alias Matches Malone
Chaotic Good Human
{table=head]Lvl | Class 1 | Class 2 | BAB | Saves
1 | swashbuckler| factotum | + 1 | 2/ 2/ 0
2 | swashbuckler| factotum | + 2 | 3/ 3/ 0
3 | swashbuckler| factotum | + 3 | 3/ 3/ 1
4 | warblade | Urban Ranger | + 4 | 4/ 4/ 1
5 | Swordsage | Urban Ranger | + 5 | 4/ 4/ 3
6 | warblade | mountebank | + 6/+ 1 | 5/ 5/ 4
7 | warblade | mountebank | + 7/+ 2 | 5/ 5/ 4
8 | warblade | swordsage | + 8/+ 3 | 6/ 6/ 5
9 | warblade | mountebank | + 9/+ 4 | 6/ 6/ 5
10 | warblade | mountebank | +10/+ 5 | 7/ 7/ 5
11 | warblade | bloodclaw master | +11/+ 6/+ 1 | 7/ 7/ 6
12 | warblade | bloodclaw master | +12/+ 7/+ 2 | 8/ 8/ 6
13 | warblade | mountebank | +13/+ 8/+ 3 | 8/ 8/ 6
14 | warblade | mountebank | +14/+ 9/+ 4 | 9/ 9/ 7
15 | warblade | swordsage | +15/+10/+ 5 | 9/ 9/ 7
16 | warblade | swordsage | +16/+11/+ 6 |10/10/ 8
17 | warblade | swordsage | +17/+12/+ 7/+2|10/10/ 8
18 | warblade | swordsage | +18/+13/+ 8/+3|11/11/ 9
19 | warblade | swordsage | +19/+14/+ 9/+4|11/11/ 9
20 | warblade | swordsage | +20/+15/+10/+5|12/12/10
[/table]

Detailed breakdown of class features and feats (incomplete)

1 swashbuckler /factotum Weapon Finesse
feat[Deceitful]
human[Able Learner]
flaw[Combat Expertise]
flaw[Apprentice->Mentor]
Inspiration
Cunning Insight
Cunning Knowledge
trapfinding
2 swashbuckler /factotum Grace +1
3 swashbuckler /factotum Insightful Strike
feat[Carmendine Swordsage]
Brains over Brawn
Cunning Defense
4 warblade /Urban Ranger Urban Tracking
Favored Enemy (Organization)[Arkham Inmates]
Weapon Aptitude
Battle Clarity
5 Swordsage /Urban Ranger Two Weapon Fighting
Improved Unarmed Strike
Weapon Focus(Shadow Hand weapons)
Quick to ACt +1
6 warblade /mountebank feat[Shadow Blade]
Uncanny Dodge
Tongue of the Devil
7 warblade /mountebank Battle Ardor
Sneak Attack 1d6
8 warblade /swordsage AC Bonus
9 warblade /mountebank warblade[Combat Reflexes]
feat[Improved Feint]
Alter Ego(Bruce Wayne)
10 warblade /mountebank Improved Uncanny Dodge
Sideslip 1/day
11 warblade /bloodclaw master Battle Cunning
Claws of the beast
12 warblade /bloodclaw master feat[Improved Two Weapon Fighting]
Superior Two Weapon Fighting
13 warblade /mountebank warblade[Quick Draw]
Sneak Attack 2d6
14 warblade /mountebank Alter Ego(Matches Malone)
Sideslip 2/day
15 warblade /swordsage feat[Keen Intellect]
Battle skill(opposed checks)
16 warblade /swordsage Discipline Focus:insightful strike()
17 warblade /swordsage warblade[Iron Will]
Quick to Act +2
18 warblade /swordsage feat[]
19 warblade /swordsage Battle Mastery(attacks of opportunity)
Sense Magic
20 warblade /swordsage Discipline Focus:defensive stance()

dspeyer
2008-09-09, 11:56 PM
so is it safe to assume that video game characters are off limits as they are not literary?

If the video game has artistic merit and substantive characters, go for it. That knocks out most of the video games I play (maybe you could make megaman some sort of warforged ilithid savant, but Duke Nukem is no more than a player avatar and Freeciv is right out), but something like Metal Gear Solid might offer more inspiration.

dspeyer
2008-09-10, 12:00 AM
Updated Batman build, now level 20

I don't see anything in here that's good for disabling and capturing enemies alive. Did I miss it? That's always struck me as pretty central to batman's nature.

playswithfire
2008-09-10, 07:32 AM
I don't see anything in here that's good for disabling and capturing enemies alive. Did I miss it? That's always struck me as pretty central to batman's nature.

You didn't miss it; I'd been focused on getting as much int synergy as possible. I was going to give him a necklace of +N merciful natural attacks, but I'll probably just make that last feat Subduing Strike. I'd have liked to put him into Justicar, but that requires lawful and mountebank requires chaotic and I find the alter ego and side slip features very appropriate. I should take a look at bloodhound though.

DrizztFan24
2008-09-10, 08:57 AM
If the video game has artistic merit and substantive characters, go for it. That knocks out most of the video games I play (maybe you could make megaman some sort of warforged ilithid savant, but Duke Nukem is no more than a player avatar and Freeciv is right out), but something like Metal Gear Solid might offer more inspiration.

I was thinking along the lines of Assassin's Creed. Has some historical basis and has alot of artistic elements to it (not so much as character art as environment)...ish. All the targets you eliminate were real people that were silenced, one way or another, by the Hashshashin.

Ascension
2008-09-10, 12:25 PM
This may be of use for the challenge...

Edgar Allen Poe was an Artificer.

No, really! (http://books.google.com/books?id=94P4x98TtVgC&pg=PP36&lpg=PP36&dq=Edgar+Allen+Poe+Artificer&source=web&ots=ujSY7gsjfi&sig=W3rkdI2uSte7BjkADwWKXFS8F4E&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=5&ct=result)

dyslexicfaser
2008-09-10, 05:49 PM
Did someone say Power Rangers (http://forums.gleemax.com/wotc_archive/index.php/t-748558)?

I knew I'd heard that somewhere before.

EDIT: A little more seriously, maybe I'll create Thor as a fighter/warblade/bloodstorm blade (to simulate Mjolnir))//wizard/that one lightning PrC from Stormwrack.

dspeyer
2008-09-11, 01:40 AM
The Shrike

I realize that nothing in DND short of Alter Reality really captures The Shrike's canonical power, but I think I've gotten something of the idea here. I should also mention that I've only read the first book, so no spoilers please!

Race: Psionic Thri-keen
Initial Stats: STR: 10 DEX: 18 CON: 12 INT: 14 WIS: 18 CHA: 6 (boost wis especially, but also dex, int and con)
Build:
{table]class|class|feat(s)
rhd|la|multi-weapon fighting
rhd|la|
swashbuckler|la|wf(kukri), wep finesse
swashbuckler|psychic warrior|point blank shot
swashbuckler|psychic warrior|far shot
invisible blade|psychic warrior|dodge
invisible blade|psychic warrior|
invisible blade|psychic warrior|throw anything
invisible blade|psychic warrior|improved critical (kukri)
invisible blade|psychic warrior|
divine crusader (celerity)|psychic warrior|mobility
divine crusader (celerity)|psychic warrior|improved mwf
divine crusader (celerity)|psychic warrior|
divine crusader (celerity)|psychic warrior| combat exp
divine crusader (celerity)|ninja|expanded knowledge (time hop), weapon spec (kukri)
divine crusader (celerity)|dervish|
divine crusader (celerity)|dervish|staggering critical
[/table]

Knives: The Shrike attacks with four kukris, getting 10 attacks/round with a critical range of 15-20. Any enemy it scores a critical hit on is slowed. It adds dex and weapon focus to its attack (on top of full BAB) and int and weapon specialization to damage (plus 4d6 sneak-attack/sudden-strike, supported by uncanny feint). The general effect is lots of hurt from lots of little knives before its victims can react.

Time: With the celerity domain and lots of spells-per-day, The Shrike has most of DND's time-based powers right there, including favorites like haste and time stop. Psionically, it gets powers like hustle and time hop. It also has some space-related abilities, including a base speed of 60, a +30 racial bonus to jumping, and the dimension slide power.

Mystery: Since there's no deity in the sourcebooks with the celerity domain and kukri as a favored weapon, it will be hard to determine which the patron deity is. This is a shame, as if you knew the deity, you'd know the alignment, and a lot of people would like to know that. (I don't think this is a violation of RAW, because there are rules for ascension to godhood, and no reason they can't be used in secret.)

A typical encounter with The Shrike might begin with it hasting itself, sneaking to within 50ft (high dex and no armor help here), then hustling an augmented dimension slide to right behind the victim and making a full attack (11 attacks with 4d6 of sneak attack each). There is a real chance the victim will die without turning around to see its attacker. Which is as it should be.

With a 6 cha, The Shrike will have difficulty with social skills and even making itself understood. That's ok. It doesn't socialize, and it doesn't want to be understood.

Draz74
2008-09-11, 05:14 PM
Since I've started visiting these boards much more rarely, I'm glad Galadriel of Mordor is still in the running. :smallsmile:

I might try something from Mistborn, but then again, I might just figure that the recently-announced Mistborn RPG will handle those characters much better than D&D will anyway.

Talic
2008-09-11, 08:56 PM
Resubmission from a previous challenge, as this one fits far better.

"Aside from those more obvious considerations touching Moby ****, which could not but occasionally awaken in any man's soul some alarm, there was another thought, or rather vague, nameless horror concerning him, which at times by its intensity completely overpowered all the rest; and yet so mystical and well nigh ineffable was it, that I almost despair of putting it in a comprehensible form. It was the whiteness of the whale that above all things appalled me."

Mountain Troll Lycanthrope(natural) - Cachalot Whale

Name: The Great White Whale
Build: It's a Whale. With, like, 3 class levels.
Starting Ability Scores: Str: 66, Dex 12, Con 50, Int 4, Wis 10, Cha 6
Cheese Points: 0
Minimum Playable Level: 18
Power Break: Umm, 18-20?

1: Troll // Troll LA
2: Troll // Troll LA
3: Troll // Troll LA
4: Troll // Troll LA
5: Troll // Troll LA
6: Troll // Whale
7: Troll // Whale
8: Troll // Whale
9: Troll // Whale
10:Troll // Whale
11:Troll // Whale
12:Troll // Whale
13:Troll // Whale
14:Troll // Whale
15:Troll // Whale
16:LLA // Whale
17:LLA // Whale
18:LLA // Warshaper 1
19:Fi 1 // Warshaper 2
20:Fi 2 // Warshaper 3

Lycanthrope:
Racial HD 18D8 + 2D10 + 440 (532)
AC +24 Nat
BAB: +15
SA: Knockdown, Dungeoncrasher
SQ: Alternate Form, Lycanthropic Empathy, Curse of Lycanthropy, DR 10/silver, Blindsight 120 ft, hold Breath, LLV, Darkvis 90, Fast Healing 9, Scent, Stability, Morphic Weapons, Morphic Body, Morphic Reach, Morphic Immunities
Skills: +8 to hide in mountains (heh)

Attack: Bite +50 (4d8+35), Tail Slap +45 (2d6+17)
Swim 40

Items Include Book +5 Str, Book +4 Con, All Stat boosts into Str. Final Stats are: Str 76, Dex 12, Con 54.

Feats will include Power attack, Improved Sunder (for boats), Awesome Blow, Improved Natural Attack (Tail), Leap Attack (Breaching). Fighter Alternate Class Feature: Dungeoncrasher.
Flavor what's left to taste.

Call Me Ishmael, sucka.

Offense: In the water? Blindsight and a +50 to hit for massive damage. With the average AC's out there, there is no reason not to be power attacking for 15 most rounds.

Defense: Gobs of HP, DR, fast healing, the inherent limitations of water combat coupled with natural ability in that area, and decent AC makes Moby here a tank.

tonberrian
2008-09-13, 07:47 PM
Your girls that you all love are mine already; and through them you and others shall yet be mine—my creatures, to do my bidding and to be my jackals when I want to feed.

Bram Stoker's Dracula

Cheese Points: 1. He absolutely has to have a buckler.

Build: Warblade/Fighter/Blackguard/Crusader//Persuasive Vampire (Libris Mortis)/Evolved Undead. Playable at level 8, power break at 18.

Base Stats (before any modifications): Str 14 Dex 16 Con 8 Int 14 Wis 8 Cha 14

Final Stats: Str 44 Dex 25 Con - Int 16 Wis 10 Cha 42

{table]Level|Class 1|Class 2|Feat(s)
1|Warblade 1|Vampire LA|Endure Sunlight, Combat Expertise, Vampire Feats (Alertness, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes)
2|Warblade 2|Vampire LA|
3|Warblade 3|Vampire LA|Power Attack
4|Warblade 4|Vampire LA|
5|Warblade 5|Vampire LA|Warblade Bonus (Stone Power)
6|Fighter 1|Vampire LA|Cleave, Improved Sunder
7|Blackguard 1|Vampire LA|
8|Blackguard 2|Vampire LA|
9|Blackguard 3|Evolved Undead LA (1)|Improved Buckler Defense
10|Crusader 1|Evolved Undead LA (2)|
11|Crusader 2|Evolved Undead LA (3)|
12|Fighter 2|Evolved Undead LA (4)|Robilar's Gambit, Shield Specialization (Buckler)
13|Fighter 3|Evolved Undead LA (5)|
14|Fighter 4|Evolved Undead LA (6)|Shield Ward
15|Warblade 6|Evolved Undead LA (7)|Improved Trip
16|Warblade 7|Evolved Undead LA (8)|
17|Warblade 8|Evolved Undead LA (9)|
18|Warblade 9|Evolved Undead LA (10)|Divine Shield, Warblade Bonus (Great Fortitude)
19|Warblade 10|Evolved Undead LA (11)|
20|Warblade 11|Evolved Undead LA (12)|
[/table]

At level 20:
HP 20d12 (130)
AC +18 natural, +7 Dex, and another +16 if Divine Shield is up.
BAB +20
Fast Healing 41 (?)
DR 10/Silver and Magic

Tactics: Your standard trip monkey, with power attack and high strength. DR, Fast Healing, and a high AC keep him alive - very small Hitpoint total without a Constitution modifier. That's why he doesn't bother with Karmic Strike (well, that and the lack of feats). Good saves all around thanks to Dark Blessing, and Will saves are especially high with Indomitable Soul (which stacks with Dark Blessing).

Persuasive Vampire switches out Dominate for a Suggestion ability (let's face it; Dracula with Dominate would've made for a very short and uninteresting book). Blackguard is for general flavor and Craft (Alchemy) (Dracula was noted as a talented alchemist). Dark Blessing and Divine Shield represent diabolic protection, and Endure Sunlight is needed because of a specific scene in the book where he is out in broad daylight. I went for a tripping build because he was supposed to be a great and cunning warrior, but there wasn't mention of any specific tactics he used in battle (that I can remember).

I'd say that he's about level 8 in the book, give or take.