PDA

View Full Version : Drow superhero?

Jayngfet
2008-09-09, 11:20 PM
Is it just me or does menzoberranzan seem Ideal for superheroes?

A: It has an increasing number of good people

B: Evil comes flamboyantly dressed(demon armor, snake whips, and spiders).

C:Not every good drow would leave(run a gauntlet towards a fireball? No thanks).

D: Commoners have to watch out for nobles, mercenaries, and priestesses looking for a sacrifice.

E: Angst factor(protecting a city that's probubly out to get you).

feghoot
2008-09-09, 11:26 PM
I totally agree man. Just ask gambit. :smallbiggrin:

streakster
2008-09-09, 11:34 PM
Spider-Man!

Man, that is a great idea for a campaign...

Trizap
2008-09-09, 11:35 PM
y'know the high number of good-aligned drow now actually make sense, have an extra point for using comic book logic

Ascension
2008-09-09, 11:43 PM
Narrator: In a world which hates and fears them, a few many Drow choose to rage against the dying of the light. They walk a path apart from their kin, a path of justice. And so they labor to protect the very people who heap scorn upon them. Wherever they go, angst and blood flow freely in the streets, and evil turns its tail in fear. They are more than Drow. They are... the X-Drow!

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-09, 11:46 PM
Narrator: In a world which hates and fears them, a few many Drow choose to rage against the dying of the light. They walk a path apart from their kin, a path of justice. And so they labor to protect the very people who heap scorn upon them. Wherever they go, angst and blood flow freely in the streets, and evil turns its tail in fear. They are more than Drow. They are... the X-Drow!See, I was more picturing Punisher or Batman. They seem much more the type to start an underground resistance. Maybe Green Lantern as a Favored Soul, or the Martian Manhunter as a Changeling Psion.

SurlySeraph
2008-09-10, 12:36 AM
A Drow superhero? For the Drow to actually consider said hero heroic, she (males are inferior!) would probably have to have a name like Slaughterbabe and go around stabbing other Drow in the face for not torturing their slaves enough.

MCerberus
2008-09-10, 12:41 AM
I'd just like to add that a high-publicity baby sacrifice is the perfect way to deal with Completely Generic Drow characters. Stab the baby: evil. Don't stab the baby: dead. Somehow escaped: meh, they've earned it.

For the record: yes. I've actually done this. They chose the baby stabbing.

Jayngfet
2008-09-10, 12:52 AM
"You have been away from me my child, I do not forgive"

-Lolth, right before giving someone who killed her friends in her name eternal torture and mindrape for leaving her for two months.

Ecalsneerg
2008-09-10, 01:46 AM
See, I was more picturing Punisher or Batman. They seem much more the type to start an underground resistance. Maybe Green Lantern as a Favored Soul, or the Martian Manhunter as a Changeling Psion.

If gestalt were allowed, I'd stat J'onn as a Changeling Wildshape Ranger/MoMF/Warshaper//Psion(Telepath).

I can actually see a Drow superhero. Maybe they got bitten by a spellwarped spider, giving them heightened magical abilities like tremorsense and the ability to spin webs. It'd be ironic to have some sort of magical spider-totem fighting against Drow society.

Keld Denar
2008-09-10, 01:50 AM
I can actually see a Drow superhero. Maybe they got bitten by a spellwarped spider, giving them heightened magical abilities like tremorsense and the ability to spin webs. It'd be ironic to have some sort of magical spider-totem fighting against Drow society.

Omg, and if it was an orc slave that was bitten...I think you see where I'm going with this....

SPIDER-PIG!

BobVosh
2008-09-10, 03:33 AM
If gestalt were allowed, I'd stat J'onn as a Changeling Wildshape Ranger/MoMF/Warshaper//Psion(Telepath).

Don't forget to give em Foresight too.

DrizztFan24
2008-09-10, 09:06 AM
The Flash...no
Ghost Rider...hehehe yea right.
Batman...possibly
DareDevil.....O heck yes.

Get a suit that prevents darkvision/infravision...couple of beat sticks with extended tremorsense and some cool hearing bonuses and you are set

Waspinator
2008-09-10, 11:29 AM
A young drow's rich parents are killed by a thief on the way back from a ritualistic sacrifice. Running home all alone, he falls into a cave filled with bats. You can guess the rest. :smallamused:

Jayngfet
2008-09-10, 01:40 PM
No race in all the realms better understands the word vengance than the drow. Vengance is their dessert at their daily table, the sweetness they taste upon their smirking lips as though it was their ultimate selicious pleasure.

Ghost rider seems mildly appropreate.

GolemsVoice
2008-09-10, 06:44 PM
Think ov V, from V for Vendetta. Someone who runs around wearing an elaborate costume and a mask (you would have to change the theme, but, doesn't Vaeraun (that other, evil-but-not-Lolth-god, however he's called)) wear a mask to?). His verdict is vengeance, a Vendetta, not in vain. By toppling the houses and their matriachic devotion to Lolthe, he wants to plunge Menzoberanzan into chaos, as the various factions tear eacht other to pieces, the slaves revolt, and foreign forces try to get their piece of the unholy cake. He wants to give the right to rule back to the masses.
Think of it: As already mentioned, revenge, vendetta and intrigue are the Drow's daily bread. They have a thing for cpaes and costumes, but they know how to remain unseen if they want to. They all are chaotic by nature, accepting a ruler only if (s)he is able to stay on top by forcing all other's to stay down.

Vexxation
2008-09-10, 08:15 PM
Honestly, if I were an official in the Drow society, I'd set up a campaign to stop this sort of thing.

How, you ask?
Bad examples.

Have a masked Avenger appear to stop an atrocity. He fails, and maybe makes it worse, but gets away. He is to be hunted. Weeks later, he attempts to stop someone else, but is slaughtered in a horrible and slow way, then his corpse is Animated and made into a slave for a noble.

Show the people that deviants will not be tolerated, and that they will be put down forcefully and cruelly.

Jayngfet
2008-09-10, 10:19 PM
Hey if Drizzt and Tos'un(and those huge groups of good drow on the surface from war of the spider queen) can escape with all those people after them...

Jayngfet
2008-09-12, 02:35 AM
Dananananananananananananananana BATDROW! [/SHAMELESSBUMP]