PDA

View Full Version : Film Ideas

Leigh
2008-09-10, 12:41 PM
Hey guys!
I take a digital video class at school, and desperately need ideas for a silent film we're going to make. It'll be about one-minute long, and we'll have a total of three actors. Help?

Felixaar
2008-09-10, 12:49 PM
ooh, interesting. Actors Genders? Also, whats the general toleration level of silliness or graphic violence?

Leigh
2008-09-10, 01:02 PM
Hmm...
It'll be either three girls or me and two boys. Sorry...:smallredface:
Silliness? It's up to me, really, so as long as it's shootable I don't mind.
Graphic violence...since it's for school, I don't think anything above fake-punching will be allowed...:smalltongue:

randman22222
2008-09-10, 01:04 PM
Okay, random idea. A couple, and the woman is letting the man know that she's found out she's pregnant.

...What? It was just the first idea that came to mind... :smallconfused:
And it'd be doable silently.

Oregano
2008-09-10, 01:05 PM
How about an interrogation, a bit of roughing up but nothing serious.

Leigh
2008-09-10, 01:07 PM
LOL! It's for middle school, though, so I'll ask my teacher if it's "appropriate" enough. Thank you!! I might actually be able to use it, because that's exactly the kind of thing I'm trying to go for. Just a random conflict that will be easy to portray silently.
EDIT: Hm, an interrogation....I'd need to think of an ending....good one, though!

Felixaar
2008-09-10, 01:07 PM
Okay, random idea. A couple, and the woman is letting the man know that she's pregnant.

...What? It was just the first idea that came to mind... :smallconfused:
And it'd be doable silently.

Oh, this would be great in a silent movie if you could pull it off. You could try and pretend that in the world of silent movies, the actors are silent too and have her try to do it through Charades XD

Not sure where a third person comes in though.

Maybe she could like, randomly pull a doctor - the third person - onto screen and try to mime labor or something

And if it's appropriate you could automatically get three females by having the potential guys dress in drag... just sayin'.

randman22222
2008-09-10, 01:09 PM
Felix has hit on something there.
You gotta have some genderbending! :smalltongue:

Leigh
2008-09-10, 01:09 PM
Ah, I should edit that. Up to three actors.

Felixaar
2008-09-10, 01:11 PM
Oh yeah. Pregnancy confession with a man playing a woman and a woman playing a man. I hope you have some open minded classmates.

Felix has hit on something there.

I am totally sigging that once my campaign for Damsel itP is over. The implications are mind boggling... :smallwink:

Leigh
2008-09-10, 01:12 PM
Ohhhh that would be good...:smallbiggrin:
Again, since it is middle school, I can bank 100% on being able to use it...

randman22222
2008-09-10, 01:14 PM
Oh yeah. Pregnancy confession with a man playing a woman and a woman playing a man. I hope you have some open minded classmates.

I am totally sigging that once my campaign for Damsel itP is over. The implications are mind boggling... :smallwink:

Knock yourself out. :smalltongue:
Hmm... If the pregnancy thing doesn't work, try... *Thinks.*
Naw, that's cliché...
Oooh!

A woman talking to a private investigator, and the PI shows photos and evidence that her husband is having an affair.

Haruki-kun
2008-09-10, 01:16 PM
((This is a joke. No one should take it seriously.))

Alright! You start out with a guy with a bowl of porridge and a giant spoon, merely talking about the fact that the spoon's size is not adequate, as it is too large. After repeating the information three times, Have a second actor dressed up as a banana walk into the scene and explain to us that he is a banana. Finally, if you NEED to have an extra actor, have him walk into the screen, kill them both, and then inform the audience that he is the female monarch of France. Then roll the credits. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuOvqeABHvQ)

You could, however, be sued for copyright infringement. :smalltongue:

Leigh
2008-09-10, 01:16 PM
Again, *affair* and *middle school* don't mix.
Cliche is good! Very good!
I just need something really really simple, like ...someone getting freaked out about seeing a certain "number" everywhere or something...
But that's when I drop. I suck at endings.:smalltongue:
EDIT: Whoa....I'm still in shock from that clip....

randman22222
2008-09-10, 01:22 PM
Oh psh. Then just get your group to act superior and more mature than your grade really is, so you can convince your teacher that you guys are mature enough to handle it. :smalltongue:

Felixaar
2008-09-10, 01:22 PM
Redrum.
Redrum.
REDRUM.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-10, 01:24 PM
Mimes...Make it with mimes.....

Leigh
2008-09-10, 01:24 PM
The fact is, that the people in my class are actually the shallowest most immature people I've ever met, sooo...:smallsigh:
Redrum?
EDIT: oo0o0oh...mimes...hmm...
I'm bound to be able to do something with all of this inspiration. Thanks guys!:smallsmile:
((Deadtime)) wait... i dont have to do that here...whoops...:smallredface:

Jorkens
2008-09-10, 01:55 PM
How about two people pulling a con trick on the third? Something like the switch trick at the beginning of The Sting.

List of ideas here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_confidence_tricks
although obviously the email scams and business frauds wouldn't be much use for a short film...

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-10, 01:56 PM
((Deadtime)) wait... i dont have to do that here...whoops...:smallredface:
*gets Leigh on de-hab from the town*

randman22222
2008-09-10, 01:59 PM
Noooo! The town is a wonderful place!

...Oh, and it's REhab.

Felixaar
2008-09-11, 11:15 AM
Redrum?

Muuurrrrrdurrrr...

Castaras
2008-09-11, 11:34 AM
((This is a joke. No one should take it seriously.))

Alright! You start out with a guy with a bowl of porridge and a giant spoon, merely talking about the fact that the spoon's size is not adequate, as it is too large. After repeating the information three times, Have a second actor dressed up as a banana walk into the scene and explain to us that he is a banana. Finally, if you NEED to have an extra actor, have him walk into the screen, kill them both, and then inform the audience that he is the female monarch of France. Then roll the credits. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuOvqeABHvQ)

You could, however, be sued for copyright infringement. :smalltongue:

What...the...BLEEP?!

That is so weird.