PDA

View Full Version : Monsterous Motivation

AceOfFools
2008-09-10, 10:54 PM
Has the motivation of the ogres that kidnap the dirt farmer (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0211.html) ever been officially established?

Do we have any ideas or theories on what was up with that?

Nevitan
2008-09-10, 10:57 PM
do you mean Belkar's motivation?

David Argall
2008-09-11, 01:04 AM
Standard evil monster: Harass, rob, kill, bother all within reach.

Enlong
2008-09-11, 01:06 AM
Standard evil monster: Harass, rob, kill, bother all within reach.

Bother bother bother bother bother bother bother bother bother...

Haleyintraining
2008-09-11, 05:28 PM
Bother bother bother bother bother bother bother bother bother...
Or maybe... the dirt farmer was the monster in the darkness/ the snarl... at the same time! :smalleek:

If you think that is outrageous, this must be the first post you have ever read. :smallwink:

tribble
2008-09-11, 08:43 PM
it isn't the first epileptic tree i've seen, and I still think that's retarded.:smallannoyed:

AceOfFools
2008-09-11, 10:56 PM
Wow, tribble must love sarcasm.

Laurentio II
2008-09-11, 11:01 PM
Wow, tribble must love sarcasm.
Hei, he used an emoticons. In internet standards, you are misunderstanding everything he said in a mean way. So your fault.

Back to topic: ogres make lot of dirt, and think dirt farmers are competitors. So they kidnapped the old farmer to get his secret dirt recipe.

The Tygre
2008-09-11, 11:10 PM
It's a well known fact that ogres bathe in dirt and feces. As such, they captured the farmer so he could refine their dirt-crap bath. This also explains why ogres smell terrible. An ogre can often be judged by the healthiness of his musk.

SPoD
2008-09-13, 08:35 AM
They were a side encounter.

No, really, in OOTS world, that's enough of a reason to do something. "Hey, let's go kidnap some dirt farmers, it'll make a great side encounter for any PCs who wander by!"

AceOfFools
2008-09-13, 11:50 AM
Hei, he used an emoticons. In internet standards, you are misunderstanding everything he said in a mean way. So your fault.

Back to topic: ogres make lot of dirt, and think dirt farmers are competitors. So they kidnapped the old farmer to get his secret dirt recipe.

What? He used an angry emoticon, doesn't that imply that he's I don't know, grumpy or something? :smallconfused:

They were a side encounter.

No, really, in OOTS world, that's enough of a reason to do something. "Hey, let's go kidnap some dirt farmers, it'll make a great side encounter for any PCs who wander by!"
While I find this hilarious and plausible at first, but its been established (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0210.html) that some creatures simply refuse to do genre appropriate things that will get them killed.