PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Problems (NOT ABOUT RODENTS)

DraPrime
2008-09-11, 08:17 PM
So I've been having this issue with my mouse for a while that when I click, it will occasionally click twice for me. For example, when I hit the "pause" button on itunes it will pause it, and then a split second later hit the button again and make it play. Another example is if I decide to close a window, and I hit the close button, the window behind it also gets closed because a split second later my mouse clicked again for me and hit the next close button. It's damn irritating because I can't predict when it will happen, so I can unpredictably close Firefox and itunes simultaneously. So should I buy a new mouse or is there something else I can do? And what on earth is causing this?

Collin152
2008-09-11, 08:19 PM
Have you considered using a hamster instead?

SurlySeraph
2008-09-11, 08:23 PM
I've had that problem before. Sometimes pressing more firmly and quickly helps. If all else fails and it really bothers you, get another mouse. Or learn how to repair yours, which I can't help you with.

valadil
2008-09-11, 09:24 PM
Probably time for a new mouse. They're cheap enough that they're not usually worth the effort to fix. Same goes for keyboards.