PDA

View Full Version : Bringing order to the Halo3 "Livers"

Stormthorn
2008-09-11, 09:05 PM
Its a tough job, but i do my best. I mark my zone as "underground" so no one can complain when i enforce my particular brand of violence and my moral code upon the game.

I feel like most people playing Halo 3 i wouldnt be able to get along with face-to-face, because i tend to have problems with them in the game.

Dont get me wrong, i have a long list of prefered people. Teamates or enemies with nothing but kind words after a match get added. So do some random people around my skill level. So does the guy who, despite getting MVP, ends up on the losing side because with the score 49 to 47 i got a triple kill when he (who was a better player than me) told me "That was pretty badass, tho." while reflecting on the last second loss.
All of my friends are prefered too.

But my avoid list is at least as long because every long session of play i meet at least one person i dont want to put up with again.

And i also boot people. I dont really like too, but i will do it if i have to. I once killed my own teamate three times in a swat match because he kept running unanounced into the hallway i was twitchly guarding. But i said sorry and he promised to try and remember to anounce himself and i wasnt booted. If the roles had been reversed i wouldnt have booted him either.
But sometimes the boothammer must fall. Team killing your ally in an attempt to prevent him from getting a single point during the match is not acceptable and will be punished by me so i dont have to get shot again. And i will avoid the person i had to boot.

Sometimes i catch flak for booting someone, but i always let them dig their own grave. I once had my life (in a living dead match) saved by a TK. He shot me when the entire force of zombies was storming out little corner and in so doing saved me from them and gave me one last chance. He didnt get booted. The guy who says "Drop the flag...im betraying you *bang*" does get booted.

So its not like im heavy handed. But i am very hard core. I dont know if Bungie ever acts on Complaints, but i have been forced to file them before. Its my most extreme weapon in my law-keeping arsenal. Only the worst of scum have this brought to bear on them and i hope-to-god that Bungie punishes them in some way.

Its a thankless task. I dont get prefered and i have to put up with a lot of verbal abuse above and beyond what i face just by daring to play Halo 3 online.

As a side note, im not perfect. As an underground player with no reputation to uphold i will play dirty sometimes. But i will never glitch, spout hate-speech, or kill a perfectly innocent team mate intentionaly.

Oh, and i have the worst luck. I was trying to pick people off in a swat match when an enemy player spawns behind me with the barral of his rifle sticking into my head.