PDA

View Full Version : D&D's Least Accessible Locales [3.5]

afroakuma
2008-09-12, 03:54 PM
Opinions on officially published D&D locales that are hard to get to or otherwise bloody mysterious.

My personal picks:

Chronias: The Seventh Heaven of Mt. Celestia. Nobody's been there, nobody's allowed to be, and it's ruled by a naked gold man.

Ocanthus: Having to go that deep into Acheron is bad enough, but the bladestorm, frozen Styx and mysterious "end of the Plane" giant ice shard just add to the fun.

The Far Realm: Because it's ... NOT CLOSE!

Agathion: The deepest part of Pandemonium. Crazywind combined with an entire layer of secretive hideyholes = not easy to get to or navigate, and choc-full of fun explorations.

Nessus: The absurd number of gelugons guarding the icy pitfall makes this slightly tough to get to.

Fiendish_Dire_Moose
2008-09-12, 04:00 PM
Yeah I was going to mention Nessus and The Far Realm. Really, those are pretty much the two realms that are only reachable when it's context sensitive.

SurlySeraph
2008-09-12, 04:22 PM
Well, Moil's pretty hard to get to, what with having to go through the Tomb of Horrors.

Frosty
2008-09-12, 04:27 PM
Within Nessus, that one palace whre Asmodeus houses his copy of the Pact Primeval. Now *that's* hard to get do.

afroakuma
2008-09-12, 06:14 PM
In Nessus, everything is hard to get to.

chiasaur11
2008-09-12, 06:43 PM
Wherever Pun-Pun doesn't want you to go.

Prometheus
2008-09-12, 06:47 PM
I'm sure there are liches who know of a couple that they aren't telling of.