PDA

View Full Version : Southcentral Indiana in the Playground

ocato
2008-09-12, 08:11 PM
I've been drumming around looking for players, friends, or local types for a while and with no luck. Then, while using another site, I bumped into a playgrounder I knew (er, had seen post once or twice). This got me thinking: How many playgrounders live in-around-semi near Indianapolis and it's cadre of satellite towns? I live in Bloomington (IU's hometown, 45 minutes southish from Indy) now and used to live up by Lafayette (Schway norther than Indy). Anyone else? Maybe we can do something crazy like have a get-together or set up a game or something.

And I shudder to think it, but I'm on my way out and didn't check before I posted, so if someone already did this thread feel free to throw tomatoes, make mean faces, and call me names.

Cristo Meyers
2008-09-12, 08:13 PM
There are a few folk in Indianapolis, but I can't remember how many off hand.

Krade
2008-09-12, 08:46 PM
*raises hand*

Off the top of my head, peoples in Indy that are also on this forum are:

Me
Ranis
Kyrian
Lykan (I think)
El Jaspero

Renegade Paladin lives in Indiana, but as far from Indy as you get and still be in the same state (or something like that).

That's the list. If you wanna set something up I'm game for it, Ranis probably would be too. Couldn't say for the others though.

tyckspoon
2008-09-13, 04:09 AM
*also raises hand*

I'm not used to being that forgettable! :smallyuk: Heh.

I'd be up for stuffs or something. It'd be nice to see some of the folks I met at Gen-con again before I completely forget faces. I've been out to Muncie often enough recently that the distance no longer feels all that long, if it happens that one of the satellite towns is the most convenient place.. that's about an hour (20 minutes getting outside the city, 40 highway) from my part of Indy. Or roughly one full CD.

Krade
2008-09-13, 12:10 PM
You know, I probably should have remembered you seeing as how you're the only one on these boards who shares my love for Yats. I wouldn't worry so much about being forgetable though, my memory is horrible and usually takes meeting someone a couple times before it sticks.

ocato
2008-09-13, 08:17 PM
What kind of interest is there in doing something? Having a meet-up, setting up a game or some sort, etc?

Renegade Paladin
2008-09-13, 08:44 PM
Bloomington's actually halfway reasonable for me to get to. You can live further away from Indy than I do and still be in the state; it's just that I have no particularly good roads to Indy from where I am.

ocato
2008-09-13, 08:47 PM
My girlfriend's mother lives near Jasper, which apparently is very similar. She can zip from there to bloomington and back a hundred times, but she has to practically go to Kentucky to get to I-64.

Renegade Paladin
2008-09-13, 08:52 PM
My girlfriend's mother lives near Jasper, which apparently is very similar. She can zip from there to bloomington and back a hundred times, but she has to practically go to Kentucky to get to I-64.
Your girlfriend's mother is lying. I-64 is about thirteen miles away. The trouble with that is that I-64 doesn't go anywhere near Indy, being an east-west road.

Unless you meant I-65, which is a whole other kettle of fish. :smalltongue:

ocato
2008-09-13, 08:54 PM
Yeah! I used to live in Virginia Beach, where I-64 is the big road. Also I'm bad at road name/numbers. That veiny one that goes up the middle-ish!