PDA

View Full Version : trouble in Spore tribal phase

Stormthorn
2008-09-12, 10:58 PM
And its damn annoying too.

I got set up with a nearby tribe that can kill epic wondering monsters dizzingly fast so i want to be nice to them (three playthroughs trying ot kill them all failed).

But when i click to socialize my guys just walk over and stand still in front of them them. A progress bar appears but doesnt seem to fill up. I have instruments but when i click to use them i get soem sort of "ability not ready" option and if i click on their food mat my dudes wont do anything at all.

How am i supposed to ally with these guys?

NEO|Phyte
2008-09-12, 10:59 PM
To offer a gift, you click on their main hut.

No clue why the socialize minigame thing isn't working, though.

Stormthorn
2008-09-12, 11:01 PM
I hope the gift works or im screwed. When i did attack in my last game i lost all nine of my guys and they lost two or three of theirs.

Edit: Didnt work. I wonder if i can go through the whole tribal phase without befriending a single group? I guess my only option is to find out.

More edit: I reloaded the game and was able to perform for them. I should probably disable player-content so that in the future i wont run into monsters people make that force me into diplomacy.

warty goblin
2008-09-13, 12:24 AM
You are sending your Shamen with your musicians, right?

pingcode20
2008-09-13, 08:21 AM
Alternatively, you could hop on over to our GiantITP spore thread and plonk every name on the list onto your buddies.

Then the worst you have to look forward to is Kirby swarms and the occasional epic Cat-Muffin, thanks to the strong biasing towards buddy-listed creatures.

Tengu_temp
2008-09-13, 08:25 AM
You are sending your Shamen with your musicians, right?

I think you mean chieftain. Shaman is a guy with a healing stick.

The best way is to get your all musicians and your chieftain, order them to enter the neutral village and right-click on the enemy chieftain after they've arrived. The game tends to block if you do this from afar, and you have to move them at least a bit and then repeat.

Jibar
2008-09-13, 09:10 AM
and the occasional epic Cat-Muffin,

Best worry ever.

Good to know I haven't even got the game and I'm causing hell for people.
I owe you big time Dihan. :smalltongue:

Tengu_temp
2008-09-13, 03:19 PM
If my game had cat-muffins, even epic ones, I'd probably hunt them into extinction. Instant food, no need to prepare in any way!

Destro_Yersul
2008-09-13, 03:30 PM
Best worry ever.

Good to know I haven't even got the game and I'm causing hell for people.
I owe you big time Dihan. :smalltongue:

The best part is that once you get a couple of the badges to a really high level you can make your own epic cat-muffins. And then put them on unsuspecting planets.

Stormthorn
2008-09-13, 11:01 PM
Well i made it past that and im a few ranks away from filling up the space progress bar.

Damn space-goblin-dudes. They own all the planets near the galactic core and are stopping me from getting to it.