PDA

View Full Version : The Great Game [3.5 D&D][Group 2 IC]

Ritz_PBoD
2008-09-13, 04:30 AM
Hello all! Sorry for vanishing like that, it has been a lot of work moving into my house and I still don’t have a roommate. So Reagord has bothered me enough to sit on my window seal and use the Internet that is in and out. So yes yes. On to the post.

As an assumption I am assuming you all know each other and are traveling together. You don’t have to know each other well. Just kinda.

It was a bright sunny day in Davenport where the children were running around happily chasing chickens around the street. “Chickenchaser!” they would call out as an announcement of the game they were playing. They would bait each other into chasing the chickens one by one as the adults would scold them liberally.

The city was a bustle as folks of all creeds and kinds moved about the market place. This town looked happy and full of life at least thinking life. You had recently visited so many towns with their denizens looking like mindless zombies. In this town of commerce there seemed to be no problems that you could see.

There was a classic inn with a bar attached at the side, almost like an unwanted rickety shack. A large church of Pelor shone brightly from the center of town, pillars of marble erected all around the temple with large sun faces on them. Besides the normal shops like the armory, food shop, and magic shop there were markets and merchants along every street trying to sell their wares.

The streets were cobblestone indicating the city’s wealth from all the trading, considering the large wall that had been erected to keep those that were unwanted out. Every fifty feet around the wall there was a watch guard tower that had its entrance facing the city. There were four large double doors that remained shut and were mainly for show, they faced north, south, west, and east. There were smaller doors that had been cut into them that allowed wagons and people to pass through them. While the city guards kept a close eye and guard on those that passed in and out of the city.

You are currently standing in the center of town which is a wide sun shaped circle about three hundred meters all around. In the center there is a large multi-tiered fountain made of what appears to be gold and a sun face on the top that had the illusion of the water holding up. There were large tents and busy people jostling and bustling around you.

Flashlight
2008-09-13, 09:16 AM
Leroy

Physical description:
The young man is tall, with a thin frame, wearing a dark blue coat, dark pants, black sturdy boots and a wide brimmed hat on the top of his head. A fine crafted backpack hangs on his shoulders, beside an equally fine longbow and a quiver. A large curved scabbard dangles on the back of his belt. It's clear that he is an adventurer of some kind, but it's not evident what profession he precisely has.
His face is featureless except for a strong chin, bushy eyebrows and thick lips, which seem to be a permanent sly smile right now.

Leroy, tall and slender, stands beside the fountain, drawing a picture of the fascinating sight on a loose sheet, using a thick book as a pad. His eyes, covered by a wide-brimmed hat, wander back and forth from the sheet to the fountain and back again. At last, it seems like he's writing some kind of description below the picture, then nods, puts his writing equipment back into the backpack and turns around to speak with whoever of the new adventuring group is nearby.

"Beautiful, isn't it? Magic has it's uses, and a good one is decoration. I really would like to know how much this costed"

He stops, and pulls off the hat to scratch his bald head, looking around the hustle and bustle of the city. He feels like a fish in its element.

"I must admit, I've never been to Davenport before, and it seems to be pretty busy right now. How interesting. See those tents?"

He gestures with his head towards the tents, then opens the thick book again. It's title says "Book of Local Legends" and features a brown featureless cover. Skimming through the pages, he looks for clues if there are any traditional festivals or circuses in Davenport.

I'm going to use blue for Leroy's speech

Knowledge (local) roll: [roll0]

Darkantra
2008-09-13, 10:45 AM
Cyral Fallowfeather

A halfling in a dented but well-polished breastplate and leather sits on the edge of the fountain and watches the bustle of the city with a small smile on his face. He has longish hair that starts to curl at its ends, and bears a few scars on his face and arms that seem to add to his persona rather than be a detriment to it. As the children rush past in their game he smirks reaches down to pat the creature beneath him.

"It's good to see younglings at play, Yondalla knows it's a rarer sight each day in this world."

"Breeaaah."

The creature looks up from a bag with half a turnip in it's mouth to follow the children as they run past. It seems to be a kind of goat and sheep mixed animal, with large ram horns, a soft face, hard goatlike hooves and long light grey fur that almost reaches the ground. Strangely, an ornate saddle sits atop the creature, and strips of leather with metal rivulets run along its haunches, neck and legs, and a long lance with a pennant of a cornucopia rests in a holster towards the back of the saddle.

The creature chews down the half turnip and picks up the burlap bag with its teeth.

"Bweah," it bleats with the sack in its mouth to Cyral.

"All done Ramsey?" the halfling takes the bag from his mount and re-attaches it to a loop in the saddle.

Looking at the two together, a close observer would notice something odd about them, each has a mismatched set of eyes. For Cyral, his left is a deep sea blue while the right is a light green. Similarly, Ramsey's right is the same shade of blue while his left is the same of green.

"Sorry Leroy, what were you saying about the tents? Both Ramsey and I know that if we don't put away the turnips now he'll go on eating them forever."

A picture of the mighty Brixashulty, for reference.
http://nightmare.org/dnd/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=14474&g2_serialNumber=1

Trizap
2008-09-13, 12:41 PM
Will Stelvanna

Will walked through the crowd; but due to his height people kept bumping into him. Too busy to notice a halfling, too busy to see him and not bump into him or offer an apology. Will hated that, he was steaming inside because of it, but he just kept walking, not causing any trouble. He finally got to the Fountain, he had been behind them because that stupid crowd kept jostling him and getting him lost because he wasn't tall enough to see where he was going.

He was wearing a purple robe and a blue cloak, he had messy orange hair and green eyes, pale skin. On his belt was a little dagger with red runes on the blade, and a satchel containing his materials he needed to cast spells. He wore a normal backpack. He looked a little annoyed.

"Stupid crowd, getting me lost and people bumping into me, stupid tall people not paying attention to where they're going...." he grumbled "ey Cyral, Leroy, you two likin' this place better than me? cause I freakin' hate it that people kept bumping into me and not watching where they were going, whats all this busyness and hubbub all about anyways? Is it some stupid, meaningless holiday or something?"

Flashlight
2008-09-13, 03:45 PM
Leroy

Leroy interrupts skimming through the book, halfway through it. His smile widens as he recognizes Cyral's voice, and he turns around again, facing the halfling.

"Oh, there you are, I apologize, sometimes I'm very occupied with my notes and forget everything else"

With a quick move, he lets himself fall beside the halfling, the book still locked between thumb and index finger. With the other hand, he carefully pets the halflings animal friend's fluffy back (unless it bites).

"I thought these masses could mean a festival in town, and I'm not aware of it, so I decided to look it up, for curiousity's sake

Another familiar voice then fills his ears - Will, the wizard, a person Leroy respects, as he does with all wielders of the arcane, always hoping to receive a little teaching. After listening to him, he responds:

"Hey Will, nice to see you. Well, I don't think we can call it a holiday. Considering my financial situation, I would rather seek an employer", tapping on his small gold pouch, "but why so gruff, the sun is shining and we are in a rich city with endless possibilities. I even saw a few shops that sell magical trinkets, we have to go there later!"

Taking the hand away from Cyral's mount, Leroy continues skimming through the book, focused to find the needed information now.

Trizap
2008-09-13, 05:48 PM
Will

".....Did you actually hear the whole "people in crowd kept bumping into me" part? Cause while I would like to check out magical shops, I can't see anything while I'm in a crowd, I'm too friggin' short, you can find away around cause your a human, but me? well lets just say I would prefer a dwarven city thank you. At least there I'm the same height as everyone. Arcane Arts? decoration? I can think of better, more practical uses thank you."

He sits on the fountains edge with Cyral and Leroy. Indeed, there were a lot of possibilities out there today. Problem was that Leroy didn't consider that included bad possibilities. Will didn't know what bad possibilities there was, but they were possible, and thats all he needed to know.
Good possibilities were also out there as well, but he didn't side with pessimism or optimism about it, he preferred to go with a "Well See" attitude, he considered all possibilities and hoped for neither good or bad, just said to himself "We will See" and left it at that.

"So, Cyral, whats up with you?"

Darkantra
2008-09-13, 10:00 PM
Cyral

Ramsey accept's Leroy's petting, but when the human stops the brixashulty turns to look him straight in the eye.

"Breeaaaah!"

Cyral sighs, "Ramsey, we can't all just sit and pet you all day."

"Breah."

The halfling throws up his hands in a movement of surrender and reaches into his trail pack for a bristle comb. He starts to comb the brixashulty's fur and gives a sheepish look at the others.

"Sorry, but he'll go on and on unless he gets a full period of brushing or petting. As for what I've been up to Will," Cyral snags on and works through a small knot of fur, "I've been sitting here, trying to ignore the snickering of most of the tall folk, no disrespect intended Leroy. They see me riding down the street and not a one of them thinks I'm a knight, they think I'm some sort of attraction. Why, if I weren't a knight I'd give them something to snicker about, by Yondalla," he stops brushing for a second and furrows his brows, "That didn't sound right... Anyways, I haven't heard of any work, but we only just arrived in town. There's bound to be something, maybe one of the others has found work?"

Trizap
2008-09-13, 10:16 PM
Will

".....maybe you could grow a thick beard and adopt a dwarven accent, at least then people will think your a dwarf, people wouldn't snicker at you at all, they would just look, see a dwarf in armor, and accept that as something completely normal- oh wait your a paladin you can't lie, guess that throws my idea out the window...." he paused, considering his next words for a moment
I feel you though, the tall ones think that size equals strength or something, and how many times do you think big and masculine warrior types have made fun of me for my robes and my height at the same time? There were reasons why they called me "A Little girl"
then he falls silent a scowl crosses his face at bitter memories of orcs and humans taunting him.

bahamut920
2008-09-13, 11:09 PM
Adam Hart - NG Male Human Artificer 5 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=76176)
Adam sits on the edge of the fountain, a plank of wood perched on his lap. Atop the plank is a sheet of paper bearing a complicated-looking diagram drawn by the glistening inkpen held in Adam's deft fingers. Small notes adorn most of the margins of the paper, denoting things like "gold filament required" or "set gem in eyes?".

Hearing familiar voices, he looks up to see his comrades-in-arms, a human and two halflings, commiserating on the state of being a halfling in a busy human city. I'll stay out of this one, he thinks. Best I just keep on my work.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-09-14, 12:03 AM
Osoend Osirak; Ranger 5 + Natul Lad; Horse Extraordinaire

Physical Description

At first glance, Osoend looks much like a barbarian. His hands and face are covered with swirling tattoo's, his well-used armor, hair and taut longbow have numerous wooden beads and charms hanging from them, and his long, brown hair is wild and unkempt. In fact, he looks like a barbarian at second glance as well. Osoend has a ruggedly sharp, angular face, beard stubble gracing it more often than not. His light blue eyes are a surprising feature on the rest of his weatherworn body. He is quite slim and lean, though wiry, from years in the saddle, and always looks most comfortable on horseback, and out in an open environment.

A low 'clop-clop', sound is heard throughout the square, as a large, slim built Elf with a overtly enchanted bow glowing red softly strapped to his back, rides into the square on the back of a chestnut horse, covered with what looks like some extremely well made studded leather barding, innovatively crafted as to not restrict the movement of the horse. Slowing to a light trot, the Elf draws up beside his companions, numerous wooden charms adorning him clacking together as he moves. He speaks to them slowly, the words coming difficult to him, as he has only recently learned enough Common to get by, and his voice betrays an obvious Eastern accent.

Wait, friends. Guards stop Osoend. Tell rules. Strange, they not let horses roam free here. 'Civilised' people strange.

This truly wonderful place, yes? Chief here has great wealth. Big magic.

Natul-Lad suddenly looks down, as there is a small child chasing a chicken between his legs. The child stops and his eyes go wide as the horse looks him straight in the eye, the chicken forgotten. Osoend bends down and speaks to the child.

Careful, child. Danger under horse. Horse not harm you unless you stupid.

A smile appears on Osoend's lips, as he rights himself, and the child scurries off. He pats Natul-Lad's neck gently.

Sugar-cube also help.

Osoend steers Natul-Lad gently to face Cyral.

Yes. Work would be good. Too long have I walked in peace, I long for Battle!

Natul whinny's, turning one of her brown eyes towards Osoend.

Natul-Lad also long for chase.

The lean horse wickers softly.

Yes, Natul. Also sugar-cube.

Reaching his hand into his pack, Osoend retrieves one of said cubes and holds it out to the horse who devours it greedily.

You eat many cube, Natul. Is bad for teeth. And Osoend wallet.

Trizap
2008-09-14, 12:45 AM
Will Stelvanna

Will notices Osoend, he never quite understood him, barbarians, hunters, rangers, druids, elves and whatnot and nature lovers in general were strange to the halfling, always talking to their pets and having clan-like, tribal or druidic beliefs and weird traditions and customs. He suspected he found them weird because he was raised among civilization, in a library, faaaaarrr from the wilds and beasts out there.

"yea, well you see all the buildings and the people walking about? the guards can't have horses running over them see? wouldn't be good law enforcement, its for the safety of all the people around us, and so your horse doesn't run into a wall and injures himself."

DeathKnight
2008-09-14, 11:04 AM
Rurik Balderk, Dwarven Cleric of Moradin

Rurik looks like your average young Dwarven Cleric of Moradin. He is short, and stout. His calm brown eyes give a reasurring ease to those who look at him. His long, black hair seems stiff, like stone. His beard is quite long for a Dwarf, it stops just past his breast. He wears shining Full Plate armor, and carries a shield and crossbow on his back. His Warhammer is always in his hand. He wears a neckalce under his beard of a Hammer and anvil, his Divine Focus if you will.

Rurik walks through the crowd towards where the others said to meet. He has his shield out, and is using it to push through and around the masses of Humans around him. As he bumps into a rather large man with his shield, the man looks down to Rurik. "Watch it, little man." Rurik stares at him for a moment, then shouts out to him, Are ye daft? Din't yur mother ever teach ye' the proper method of dealin' with a Cleric 'o Moradin? Let me enlighten ye'! Ye' are ta' respect those who hold a greater purpose in life! Do ye' understand yet? Rurik then pushes the man out of his way and continues over to the fountain. "These daft Humans are gettin' more an' more annoying wif' each passin' day! He sees Adam and Leroy, Ach, sorry lads. I dunnae mean you two. He clears his throat and continues with clarity and precision. "Sorry, sometimes my natural accent is a bit hard to supress. So, what do we have planned for the day? Rurik looks over to the two Halflings, Will! Cyral! I dunnae even see ya there! He looks over to Osoend, Well, I dunnae even think that ye' would have made it past the posts with Natul 'n company. Speakin' of which, How is ye Natul?

Rettu Skcollob
2008-09-14, 06:45 PM
Osoend looks very hard at Rurik. Natul-Lad remains steadfast beneath him, parting the crowd as only a horse can.

Friend Rurik... Are you well? I am sure Natul-Lad appreciate concern, but talk to horse; bad sign. You lie underneath moon too long. You want see Shaman?

DeathKnight
2008-09-14, 09:02 PM
Nah, just bein' nice, is all. But in all seriousness, anyone have a plane for the day? Rurik begins to look around the group

Trizap
2008-09-15, 06:24 PM
Will Stelvanna

"I agree, the tall ones pushed me so much I got lost in the crowd since I could see where I was going, oh and you were a few minutes late to hear my comment that I would rather be in a dwarf city, again no offense to the present tall members of our company" he nodded towards Adam, Leroy and Osoend
"but lets go off that subject, anyone know why its busy today in particular? why there are tents all around us, really is it some stupid human holiday or something? some local festivities? I'll ask a nearby guy"
he walked over to nearby man and asked "Ey! why is everyone busy, why are there tents the middle of town, and is this some Davenport holiday?"

Darkantra
2008-09-16, 04:10 AM
Cyral Fallowfeather

Cyral grins as he works out a knot in Ramsey's fur.

"Well Rurik, if you ever want to talk to an animal Ramsey here is a great listener."

The brixashulty nods to the dwarf and let's out another bray.

"Breaah."

Pushing himself off of the fountain Cyral sets the brush back into Ramsey's saddle pack and follows Will.

"We don't mean to demand information, goodman, but we'd appreciate it if you could fill us in. We just got into town and don't know much about what's going on."

Diplomancing!
[roll0]

Ritz_PBoD
2008-09-17, 02:28 AM
For Flashlight/Leroy: For a roll of 21 on Knowledge (local) you know that Davenport is an active city in regards to trading. Further you know that there are may festivals that take place through out the year, usually the summer solstice and winter solstice are most celebrated with large parades and parties. No circuses are ever in Davenport. However it is a city of mixed population so there are many ceremonies that occur around the year. Pelor is the mina god in the city so they are the ceremonies and festivals that take place the most. One of the Davenport’s festivals that take part only in Davenport is the Summer Dance in honor of Pelor. It involves lots of white and gold and dancing. However this has already passed. This is just the normal day at Davenport aka the largest trading city around.

The tents are just merchants passing through who are there to sell there wares in the largest city for miles around.

You also know the best place to find out information/adventure is in the local tavern: Sun Spot. Incos is the barkeeper there and she is the one with the know-how/lowdown on everything in the city and outside as well.

By the by it isn’t magic. :P Just a fountain

A large burly man turns towards your group after noticing both Cyral and Will ask for information, plain grey tunic barely covering his bulk turns towards the group with a small smile.
“Aye, you want to demand information? Don’tcha know this ‘ere is the largest trading city in the whole of the Altorian Kingdom. You should know that, little one. This ‘ere is the greatest city in all the land, you can get just ‘bouts anything here. Though it depends on the sector you go to. And it ain’t no damned holidays here. This is just normal business. Normal. Normal. Just a bit busy since the festival just ended and there been all those scary reports,” he says rubbing his chin and tapping his forehead. “Gots to be careful about what you bring in ‘n out. So all I gots to say is go speak to Incos, she seems to not care what comes and goes in her humble abode. Good luck to yeres. Careful though I hear there be a mighty strange curse going around. Luckily good ole Pelor protects us. Any other questions ask someone else.”

He then stomps on looking at their strange party and shrugging, as he seems to glide through the crowd with much more ease than his bulk would seem to allow.

When you walk through the crowd most people would hardly notice you, but you can notice every mix of being wandering through the crowd. The children and those chickens never seem to bother anyone or get in the way.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-09-17, 02:45 AM
Ososend raises an eyebrow in surprise, looking around wide-eyed.

This normal? I thought this great hunt festival, or something greater! There more people here than hundred tribes! You 'civilised' peoples are very odd, to fit so many people into such small space! Not even room for horse!

Osoend fingers a wooden charm hanging from his hair briefly, looking around the crowd. He shakes his head for a moment.

Hmm. We go to see this 'Incos', yes-no? Maybe she wise woman for this tribe. With good fortune, she speak Elven too. Your language strange to me.

Flashlight
2008-09-17, 08:19 AM
Leroy

While the others were engaded in smalltalk, Leroy, completely distracted by his book, managed to skim it completely. He stands up, and quickly greets the dwarven cleric with:

"May the stones favor you, Rurik"

spoken in surprisingly fluent dwarven, before he advances to the two halflings speaking with a commoner, giving Osoend a nod as he passes. After overhearing the conversation, especially mentally noting the curse part for later investigation, he speaks up loud enough for everybody to undestand.

"Well, as you just heard, the recent festival, the Sun Dance in the name of Pelor, Davenport's patron deity, finished weeks ago. This is also the largest trading city within horizons of travelling. You really didn't know that? Well, doesn't matter, reading the book I remembered the words of a companion with whom I travelled. He said: "If you ever put your feet into Davenport, check into the Sun Spot, and speak with Inco if you want some action".
I guess I can find it by the descriptions he gave me, so everyone please follow me, unless you have something to do, of course. And oh, keep your eyes out for pickpockets"

With a smile, he adresses Osoend, speaking his native language in fluent fashion.

"Inco is not a wise woman, she sells drinks... and knowledge. Just follow us, Osoend"

If everyone concurs, I suppose we can find the Sun Spot for easiness sake. If we can't find it or get lost, Leroy will ask a commoner for directions, since the Sun Spot is a known place.
Possible Diplomacy Roll: d20+9 (Whats up with those rolls? Ritz, please roll for me if needed, so we save space)

Edit: Sorry about the magical fountain, I misunderstood your description. And a magical fountain is also more awesome :smallbiggrin:

amanodel
2008-09-17, 10:39 AM
Sir Helvén

Helvén, the young human, clad in steel armour, has been staring at the fountain for more than five minutes now. His eyes blank, he's clearly somewhere else in his mind.

(Sorry lads, some IRL problems until next wednesday. I'll make a proper introduction post during the week, until then, Helvén is staring blankly at the fountain. It's not unusual behaviour for him, and since the group have been travelling together, they perhaps got used to it.)

Trizap
2008-09-17, 06:17 PM
Will Stelvanna

"normal? darn it, and greatest city in all the land? never heard of it, still lets go to this Inco woman, but first...." Will called over to the other three members of the group "ey! Rurik, Adam, Helven, Leroy thinks we ought to go see some person called "Incos" you guys wanna come, or will ya stay at the fountain?"

Rettu Skcollob
2008-09-17, 06:50 PM
Osoend smiles. Pausing for a moment, he breathes in deeply, taking in the city around him.

Drink and knowledge? Sound like wise woman to me. Come, I long for another taste of your 'civilised' fire-water.

Maneuvering with difficulty through the crowd, Osoend moves his horse into a position to follow Leroy to their destination.

Darkantra
2008-09-17, 11:39 PM
Cyral

Cyral ***** his head at Leroy's quite encyclopedic reply.

"Pelor, eh? I've known some of his clergy and they're a good group, always concerned with the people and protecting them. Well, we might as well go see this Incos, at the very least it'll give us something to do. *Phweeet*!"

Cyral whistles over at Ramsey and the brixashulty jogs over to him. With an experienced hop Cyral places himself firmly in the saddle and sits back with a sigh of comfort.

"Ready whenever you all are."

"Breaaah."

DeathKnight
2008-09-18, 03:53 PM
Rurik looks back over to Leroy, saying in Dwarven, "And you, Leroy." Rurik then falls in line instinctively behind Leroy, shield and warhammer in hand, as always. "Can we get a move on?" Rurik shouts out so everyone can hear him, beginning to grow bored with staying in one place.

bahamut920
2008-09-18, 05:11 PM
Adam tucks the paper, pen, and inkwell safely in cloth pouches in his pack, then stands up, allowing the plank of wood to fall to the ground, where he had found it earlier.

He quickly surveys the group, and notices that Rurik has drawn his weapons. Turning to the dwarf, he says, "The guards may object to someone carrying drawn weapons in the city... Unless you've noticed something we missed?"

Trizap
2008-09-18, 06:41 PM
Will Stelvanna

"yea, they might attack for carrying a drawn weapon, a shield will be able to pass notice- guys gotta be safe, but not a weapon, he might be trying to kill someone who has a bounty on their or something, or rob a shop, can't have that can you? which makes me wonder why they let in Wizards, who are potentially, far more dangerous than any guy with a sharp metal implement, but hey I'm not complaining" Will added.

bahamut920
2008-09-19, 12:28 AM
Adam shoots Will an amused look and says, "Probably because they're afraid of what the wizards would do if not allowed in..." in a hushed tone. "Besides, it would be like separating a martial artist from their fists; just plain impossible."

amanodel
2008-09-19, 09:49 AM
Helvén

The human snapped out of his black-out, and looked around, searching for his comrades.

He is tall, muscular human in breast plate armour, not too hard to notice. His medium-lenght black hair falls to his face uncombed, and his green eyes sit deep in a black hole, as if he haven't slept for days. He looks unshaven, and neglected, but stands upright, like a noble man. He is still young, but the silver locks in his hair make him look older than he actually is.

His armour is not polished nor kept well, but a long dark cloak of no better state hides the armour. He has a steel shield with a noble family's crest on his shoulder, and a longsword hanging from his belt.

The first impression of him is usually the image of noble man, trying to hold his position, even is fate was cruel to him.

So, where are we headed? - he asks the others almost cheerfully upon finding them.

Flashlight
2008-09-19, 10:25 AM
Leroy

Leroy scans the tall armored man for a few seconds before answering:

"We will look for an inn named the Sun Spot and talk to a woman named Inco. She should provide us with the recent news and gossip, and from that, we can search for an employer. The usual mercenary recruitment business."

Then, with another glance to Will and Adam, he reminds them, sounding like a benevolent teacher:

"He is a priest of Moradin, a respected dwarven deity. It's obvious that he has no reason to trifle with the law. That's why the guards let him in in the first place. But enough of that, let's move."

If everyone is ready, Leroy will lead them to the inn. If it takes too long, he will annoy Will with questions about how to aquire a familiar.

DeathKnight
2008-09-19, 02:55 PM
Rurik and chuckles and looks backand forth for Will to Adam, "Leroy is right, I have no reason to attack any living creature in this city unless of course they attack me first. It was always common nature for me to carry a weapon at all times of the day, just incase we were attacked. I'm not really from a large kingdom you know, or incase you've forgotten." He hefts his warhammer for added effect, "Besides, it keeps pick-pockets and other thieves at bay!"

Flashlight
2008-09-19, 03:20 PM
Leroy

Leroy grins sheepishly

"Oh really, then how this could appear in my pocket?"

He holds up a small wooden holy symbol depicting an anvil and a hammer, the symbol of Moradin...

then bursts into laughter, saying in dwarven:

"I'm just trying to lift up our mood good dwarf, please take no offense. I have many holy symbols in my pockets, Moradin's, Corellon's and Yondalla's. By the way, if we have some time to relax, you really need to tell me more about your clan."

Trizap
2008-09-19, 06:39 PM
Will Stelvanna

"yeea.....who would argue with a guy who can shoot fire out of their fingertips? a guy who can shoot a bigger fireball, anyways lets go find the Inn, I'm getting bored and I'm going to have to go into that stupid crowd and get jostled around again sooner or later......might as well be sooner..."

DeathKnight
2008-09-20, 12:49 PM
Rurik chuckles as Leroy pulls the symbol out, Tis' a nice trick ye' play. But let me show ye' a better one. He then continues to lift up his beard and shows that his symbol hangs on a pendant, wrapped around his neck, virtually invisible to the naked eye due to his beard, and the neck guard of his armor. Rurik lets out a roaring laugh and looks over to Will, "If ye' want, I could protect ye' in the crowd. Just stand between me and Osoend, I'll keep any big fellas' from pickin' on ye'." after offering, Rurik lets out another, rahter audible, howl type laugh.

Trizap
2008-09-20, 02:46 PM
Will Stelvanna

"Its not like that, more like they don't even notice me cause of my height and since they're so busy, push right by me and since there are so many of them I just kept getting pushed and bumped into repeatedly as if I wasn't there or something, thats what I meant by jostled in the crowd, it might be a good idea for me to get a mount of my own, would stopped getting pushed, and I would travel faster, come on lets go already"

Will started walking into the crowd. Soon enough you could hear curses coming from him as the crowd around the halfling just continues on their daily business.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-09-20, 07:26 PM
The Sun Spot would be easy enough to find, you don’t need to roll unless I tell you or if you want to roll for knowledge. If you want to roll just to be sure go ahead and do so, else I’ll tell ya to roll. I mean in battle it is obvious that you roll when you attack.

The Sun Spot is a gleaming inn on the far side of town; large sun symbols adorn its outside façade with little suns on the doors and also forming the windows of the inn. There is obviously a bar on the lowest level but it appears to be separated from the finer dinning on the second floor. It is a four-story building with the top floors being used to house people yet it somehow can accommodate any amount of people who want to stay there. The door is made of fine oak but the inside is clearly marble flooring. The carpet is red and long with suns decorating it ever few feet.

It is not a challenge to find the busty bar maiden as she is behind the bar serving out drinks to the customers. She obviously the head of this establishment wearing deep red and brown dress that has the strangest ability to highlight her supple breasts, Inco is indeed beautiful. Inco has flowing red hair and fiery orange eyes; her mouth is red and beautiful.

The other bar maids are also beautiful but Inco shines. The tables are adorned with glasses and beautiful plates that shine. This establishment has obviously benefited from the huge trading that occurs in this town. There is a teen at the door wearing fine red robes that stops you from entering with a hand in your face. He bows and then says calmly, “All animals must go in the barn and how many are in your party, so as I may seat you? Further no weapons should be drawn or wielded in here and no magic is allowed to stand except that of Inco’s beauty of course.”

had to throw the breasts part in. :P sorry

Trizap
2008-09-20, 10:16 PM
Will Stelvanna

"oh, no magic, and how would you stop me if I did use magic? oh right you wouldn't be able to. recommendation: if your running a magic-free tavern and if your this profitable, invest in Anti-Magic Fields, as for members of the group, seven counting myself, oh and we have come here to specifically talk to Inco for reasons the human named Leroy will provide"

Rettu Skcollob
2008-09-21, 12:31 AM
Osoend sighs, and pats Natul gently.

Said in Elven

I apologise, Natul. These Civilised peoples do not allow their horses to drink with them. Why they bring the Horse-lord's ire on them by shunning their companions such, I do not know. But in any case; you remember the last time I tried to bring you into an 'inn'. Besides, you always seem to spoil my chances of bedding women.

The lean horse whinny's and shakes her head, seeming resigned.

Come, Guard. Show me to 'stables'. I hope they are good enough for Natul.

He leans in and whispers in the bouncer's direction.

She is fussy horse. But, even horse have faults, yes-no?

He chuckles, slightly.

Flashlight
2008-09-21, 02:40 AM
Leroy

Leroy lifts up his bushy eyebrows upon seeing the beatiful barmaiden and her womanly assets, nearly stumbling into the red-robed teenager. Giving Will a strange glare, he proceeds:

"I'm Leroy. Please excuse my friend here, he had a bad day. We're adventurers and here to conduct business with Inco. Shall we put off our weapons or is it acceptable as long as we leave them in our sheats? I assure you we won't cause any trouble"

Darkantra
2008-09-21, 03:00 AM
Cyral Fallowfeather

Cyral tries to hold Ramsey back but the brixashulty walks right up to the teenager at the door and stares him right in the eyes before uttering an insult.

"Breeaaaah!"

Cyral slaps his forehead and spreads his hands in apology to the youth.

"Though you probably don't understand his meaning... I apologize for Ramsey's rash words. He'll stable himself, but if you could get some turnips for him he would be very grateful."

Before he dismounts Cyral turns in his saddles and speaks in Elvish to Osoend and Natul.

"It is simply the custom here that animals take their repast with their own kind and that we take ours with each other. To live in a city is to distance ones self with the natural world and to build barriers against it. But please friend, be patient with them, and I'm sure that the Horse-Lord will forgive their transgression."

With little trouble Cyral dismounts from Ramsey and unsheathes the lance from it's holder. He carefully places it in a holster on his back and turns to face to youth.

"I must carry my weapons with me at all times, the strictures of my knights brotherhood are very... well, strict on that point. Though on my honour I will not draw my weapons unless I or my companions are attacked."

Ramsey trots off towards the stables, head held high. Before he turns the corner he pauses to glare at the youth and Cyral.

"Please," the halfling says with a rueful shake of his head, "Get some turnips to him or I won't hear the end of it."

DeathKnight
2008-09-21, 12:24 PM
Rurik glares at the teen with utter dissapointment, he speaks clearly and is sure to drop his accent You expect me to place the Forge Hammer of the Forge Father in an unfit containment? Are you mad? I will not place it in some sheath or bag, but I assure you that I will refrain fom using it as much as possible. If neccesary I will place it under my chair so that it doesn't upset your little "policies". Rurik somewhat spits out the last part, just to show his seriousness. He looks again to the teen and speaks in an angry Dwarven dialect, "You should be careful with whom you speak to, boy. One of these days, someone is going to take offense to your attitude. Your lucky I was in a good mood today."

Rurik is rather impatient if you haven't caught on it yet.

Trizap
2008-09-21, 01:38 PM
Will Stelvanna

and he was lucky that I know better than to blast some one with magic in the middle of a busy city just because he angers me, but you don't hear me saying it out loud Will thought inwardly, honestly is the dwarf going to antagonize the doorman even further? oh wait I'm sorry- doorkid thats the proper term for him he smiles a bit at the last thought.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-09-21, 11:54 PM
Osoend laughs, looking back at Cyral in his saddle. Once more, he speaks out in the Elven tongue, his accent heavy.

Elven

Ah, but the horselords ire is great and terrible!

Osoend raises his arms in a mockingly dramatic manner.

Elven

All will tremble at his terrible wrath! Only sugar-cubes by the thousands will placate his titanic rage!

Osoend laughs heartily, throwing back his head, gripping the pommel of his saddle with one hand to steady himself. After he recovers from his mirth, he reaches down and grabs his heavily decorated longbow, passing it down to the youth at the door.

Here. You take. No weapon allow in wise-woman yurt, Osoend understand. Be careful, is very important to Osoend, so I will expect back, yes!

Ritz_PBoD
2008-09-23, 03:33 AM
Stop posting :P which I think you have..I shall fill this space here with the next post. :P till then stay tuned!

YAYA! I'm lame different colors

The young gentleman looked over the group, “Ah ha! You jest dear sir. Ah so you are here to see Inco? She has been expecting you probably, she knows of you before you know of her. If you wish to care your weapons you may otherwise I shall hold them in the back for you.”

He turns towards Rurik and says softly. “I did not mean to offend you I was just following the rules of this inn which has remained this way for all of time. Inco will see you now.”

He bowed low to the ground and pointed those without animals into the inn.

He then addressed the Osoend, Natul, Cyral, and Ramsey towards the stable girl who was half-elven and beautiful, just like everyone else in the inn. She had blue hair that stood out and slowly walked them towards the tables. The stables were temperate with hay and blankets each stall had its own water and oats. Horses got their own caretakers.

As you walk inside the inn you feel your magic being sucked from you or blocked as it were. Your weapons also felt heavier and you in general feel happy. Inco looks at you with seductive eyes and smiles.

“I hear you have need of my information,” she says quietly with great calm and each word she speaks is like the words the gods first said. They flow off her tongue and she leans over the edge of the bar, her breasts pushing out softly from her shirt. “Care for a drink?”

There is an anti magic spell and more. :P

amanodel
2008-09-24, 04:45 PM
Helvén

It was the tavern that brought back the younf man to reality. His sword, neatly put in it's sheath, was no problem at the door. He becomes more and more aware of the surroundings, as if he was waking up from a dream, and finding himself in such a beautiful place made him almost happy, and careless.

Once I read a book of Arismodeus the traveller, about the most beauriful sight on earth, and this place wasn't mentioned in it. A mistake of Arismodeus, the only one, but what a big mistake! If the drinks are only one-tenth as fine as the ladies, I wouldn't pass the oportunity to taste them. - He smiles at Inco warmly.

Helvén tries his best not to look directly at the breast of Inco, or any other barmaid. Altough a quick peeking doesn't count as looking...

I was in Münich at the Oktoberfest. They have this 'breasts softly pushing out of the shirt' thing at a professional level. :)

Trizap
2008-09-24, 06:36 PM
Will Stelvana

Walking in, Will noticed the beauty, the barmaids and all the glamor; he just didn't care about all that, he was a halfling of practicality after all.
"heh, so there IS an anti-magic spell on the place, but nice try lady, this halfling ain't charmed, beauty is all sparkle no substance, don't matter how beautiful you are, if you walked outside this inn a thief wouldn't hesitate to steal all your gold, and probably some other stuff too"
that, and Will thought to himself, someday someone will find a way around the enchantments, or learn how to dispel them, everything had a golden age just before their decline.

Darkantra
2008-09-24, 07:33 PM
Cyral Fallowfeather

After chuckling for a moment he responds to Osoend in Elven.
"Ah, but cities produce the sugar cubes, and if he chose to smite this place then there would be fewer treats for all horses."

Cyral thanks the stable girl and gives her a warm smile as Ramsey trots into his enclosure.

"Thank you miss," he hands her a gold coin, "Ramsey loves to be pampered, so if you could give him a rub-down we'd both appreciate it."

Walking quickly, Cyral moves to catch up to the others. As he steps through the doorway he takes in a deep breath of the tavern smells... and then staggers as if hit by a blow. He quickly recovers but somehow his presence, the inner strength that seemed to pour from him, is gone, leaving only a battle-scarred halfling.

"I... I can't feel Yondalla... or Ramsey."

Cyral steadies himself and takes a long look around the tavern before moving. He clutches his sword pommel tightly, but does not make any move to draw it, as he walks up to the bar with the others.

"I'm sorry mistress Inco, this deadening effect might be pleasing to some of your guests but..." he looks around the bar a bit unsteadily, "I find it unsettling. Just a glass of water will do me fine though."

Cyral sits at the bar in a clearly uncomfortable manner for a moment before speaking again.

"This may be uncouth of me, but if you have information for us I would personally prefer it if you could relay it quickly."

As for her beauty Cyral was quite impressed, but he was a traditional halfling and all that leg didn't quite suit him.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-09-24, 08:31 PM
Osoend hands his treasured weapon over to the youth at the door, and leaves Natul in the stables, promising to return shortly. As he reaches the door, he steps briskly onto the thresh-hold, the buildings effect taking hold of him.

Jxyzqk.

Shaking his head for a moment, Osoend orients himself.

Oh, I feel... Light. Wise-Woman have big magic.

Osoend looks around at the patrons, his eyes settling on Inco. A moderately surprised look appears on his face.

Wise woman also have big-

Once again shaking his head, Osoend clears his throat, moving to the bar. Giving a quick glance to the array of strangely shaped bottles with mysterious liquid inside them that every bar has, to a greater or lesser degree, Osoend thinks wistfully of Natul-Thosi, the burning, fiery liquid that the Codael-Thor tribe of travelling monks used to brew, the secret of the making of which only was handed out to a few tribes in the plains, his included. He absent-mindedly speaks to himself in his native tongue briefly:

Elven

What I would not give for a skin full of Natul-Thosi now.

Snapping out of his reverie, he turns to their 'interesting' host. Swiftly placing middle and index finger onto the palm of his hand, just below his thumb, in formal greeting.

Hello Inco, I am Osoend Osirak of Val-Vodaes tribe, lords of the Bali de Cysi, in what you call; 'eastern plains'. Also, I would like a drink of your fire-water, if you have strong kind.

Osoend smiles warmly, and hopefully.

Flashlight
2008-09-25, 02:05 AM
Leroy

Leroy gives the doorman a nod before advancing into the inn. His knowledge of magic is advanced enough to not be surprised as his magic is withdrawn from his mind and equipment.
Yet Inco enthralls him, and to distract himself of her beauty, he looks around the inn, gauging the tables and chairs, trying to concentrate on little meaningless details. Then he assists Cyral at talking, speaking up:

"Nice inn you got here, Inco, I noticed how the tables match the curtains, just as the barmaids match the ambiente of this nice place, yet none of those matches you. Even the sun of Pelor only equals your shine. My name is Leroy, this is Cyral, Will, Osoend, Rurik, Helvén and Adam"

Introducing the adventuring party to her, he gives her his best smile, trying not to lose eye contact in favor of one of the other girls in this place.

"It's known that you have established a web of contacts in Davenport, and that you are the person to talk to when someone need to tap into this surplus of informations."

For a second, Leroy wants to add a request for a light wine, but then realises that it's too early to drink. He wouldn't decline though if Inco offered him something. Instead he continues:

"You probably know, we are adventurers looking for employment, so we would need to know if someone needs our skills. We heard a man mentioning gossip about some kind of curse..."

amanodel
2008-09-25, 02:23 PM
Helvén

Now, William, and Cyral, drop the rudeness! - He says it not seriously at all, with a smile on his face, and he couldn't resist to add - And quit looking under the barmaid's skirts, it's not nice!

Trizap
2008-09-25, 06:01 PM
Will Stelvana

"says the tall human in armor sneaking quick glances at their *items* and then looking the other direction before anyone could notice, to the halfling who is rather unimpressed with any of this.....though I do admit the whole atmosphere contributes to the sharing of information we all need..."

amanodel
2008-09-26, 12:50 PM
Helvén

The young human is not upset by the halfling's response at all, and keeping his playful tone, just to further anger the stern halfling, he answers keeping his playful tone - Accusing the others is considered to be rude, my dear sir! If I buy you a drink, will you primise to relax for while? If we just run after informations, we will never get to chance to use any of them. For example, our last information, to come here, proved to be the best in a while, and I would like to use it, by spending some time here.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-09-27, 01:54 AM
I have nothing to say yet- I will tomorrow/Saturday. As this is Fri I'm trying to clean my room. So I'll post all the information you have ever wanted tomorrow.

Inco leans over the edge of the counter a bit, “I am glad you are enjoying the atmosphere. I knew you were coming before you knew you were coming here,” she says calmly cleaning a glass out. “Well I just say that to sound impressive- though I did know you were coming,” she says as she bows her head to each of the party members. "So, Leroy, Cyral, Will, Osoend, Rurik, Helvén and Adam- welcome to my house in Davenport. I know much about the going-ons around here.”

Each of the barmaids address their individual needs as Inco smiles at Leroy. “Well yes there is a “curse” as it were roaming around the outer towns. Something happened to some of the townsfolk that use to visit have all vanished. However I have heard that they are coming back and completely normal.”

Inco moves about behind her bar, moving gracefully as she thinks. “I would visit Lavertolf, that is were the rumor of these disappearances first started occurring. If I were you though- I would be careful. I would be ready to use your willpower to protect yourself. You could stay here for a few days or just the night,” she said with great wisdom and then a wink at the end.

Trizap
2008-09-28, 09:56 PM
Will Stelvanna

"Well I can't speak for the group, so I'll say I'll stay if they will too" he said, shrugging

Rettu Skcollob
2008-09-28, 11:59 PM
Osoend looks thoughtful, fiddling with a bead tied to a lock of his hair.

Hmm. I like idea of adventure, sick of road-dust. Hmm... Would there be chance of profit for Osoend and friends? Though I so bored, would gladly consider free, few extra shinies would be good.

OOC:

"Each of the barmaids address their individual needs"; does that mean we've been served our drinks? Lol.

Flashlight
2008-09-29, 02:54 AM
Leroy

Leroy can't resist to blush as Inco comes closer, and leans on the bar to prevent himself shaking.

"Well, thanks for the proposal, and be assured that we all would be glad to stay, however, our purses are quite empty, so we would like to work now, right, guys?"

He looks around his group to gauge whether there are any complains. Leroy feels unconfortable when talking for everyone.

"Also, we shouldn't hesitate, since this curse seem to evoke fear among the citizens if Davenport. Let's make a compromise: we'll promise to celebrate our accomplishments in the Sun Spot when we return, and of course share everything we learned with you. We would then stay for a night or two"

He has to distract himself with concentrating on the image of the dung demon he read about to stop blushing for a moment, then continues.

"Osoend had a good point there. Has somebody already offered a wage for solving this curse-problem, and which is the shortest way to Lavertolf? I guess we should head there for more details, like you adviced, dear Inco, or was there something else we should know?"

Leroy's impression is that Inco didn't tell them everything.

amanodel
2008-09-29, 01:50 PM
Helvén

The boy spared little attention to the informations, he's sure it's in good place within Will's memory. He continued to enjoy the atmosphere, and the nice barmaids, as well as a drink or two meanwhile.

Darkantra
2008-09-30, 09:25 PM
Cyral Fallowfeather

For the first time since entering the bar Cyral seems to get back some of his presence and he sits a little straighter.

"If folk are being abducted then we have a duty to find out why. People should not have to live in fear of the unknown," he drinks some of his water, "I agree with Leroy, we should leave immediately. I think we would all appreciate it if you could give us a rough estimation of the travel time though Inco. The gate guards might be more specific but it would help us gauge whether or not we'd have time to pick any supplies up."

Ritz_PBoD
2008-10-04, 05:04 PM
Inco looks pleasantly surprised and smiled happily, “I’m glad that you all seem to generally agree with each other. Well I can tell you that Lavertolf is to the southeast about three days travel. Yes there is a reward for the figuring out and stopping the curse. I am the one offering the reward- 10,000 gold. Yes I’d let you stay here also and I do not know anything more. The quickest way though is through the forest though I would advice staying on the road for even if it took a bit longer to get there because if you get lost in the forest you will be lost forever.”

Inco smiles and shrugs. “I shall talk to you all later if you are still here dears,” she said moving on to the back to get more wine and beer. She waved a bit and moved her hips very softly as she walked. The other barmaid made sure to give you guys all drinks.

bahamut920
2008-10-04, 08:10 PM
Adam sits at a table off to the side and listens silently to the discussion between Leroy and the attractive bartender. Nursing a single glass of wine the whole time, he uses it to conceal his smiles at Leroy's awkwardness around the woman. Despite his flustered state, however, the young man remains sharp, and asks all of the questions Adam himself would have, so he raises no objections.

As the bartender walks away, he asks the group, "Are we agreed, then, that we shall head to this town to investigate the disappearances? How quickly can we be ready to leave?" He hefts his pack, which he had been carrying with him, and continues, "As you can see, I've been ready to go..."

Darkantra
2008-10-04, 10:30 PM
Cyral Fallowfeather

"We.. well by we I mean everyone but Osoend, should purchase or rent some mounts for this trip to make things go quicker. Ramsey can only exist in our world for about ten hours before returning to Yondalla's realm, and I've already used up an hour or longer today, I wasn't really paying attention. Plus I'd like to save him for if we get into trouble."

Cyral pauses and strokes his chin.

"You know, I wouldn't mind trying out a pony for the hours that Ramsey isn't around. I haven't ridden one in years," Cyral seems enthused with the idea, but then his face falls, "Although Ramsey gets pretty jealous when I ride anything else," he looks conspiratorially at the others and lowers his voice unconsciously, "Don't tell him that I'm going to get one, it's worse when he has the time to get a good sulk in."

He sits upright and gives the others a wink before continuing.

"*Ahem* Aside from that we should get some extra supplies in case we're delayed by anything, some sugar for Natul-lad and some turnips for Ramsey. Do you happen to know of any good hostlers mistress Inco?"

Flashlight
2008-10-05, 01:19 PM
Leroy

The man seems somewhat relieved that the conversation with the unbelievably attractive woman ended and that they were able to get what they needed without paying for it. Silently sighing, he shouts to everyone:

"Then onward to the marketplace, and then to Lavertorf! The quicker we can resolve the maze that this curse is, the more time we can spend with more pleasuring things"

Leroy is unsure whether his secretive and very stimulating thoughts are his or just caused by the atmosphere in this place.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-10-05, 11:07 PM
Osoend listens to the conversation thoughtfully, considering the offer and the task at hand. As Leroy finishes his exclamation, Osoend looks down into the untouched small glass he had been given, with some sort of syrupy liquid inside.

Yes! We have big adventure for big reward!

Raising his glass briefly in the air, then throws his head back and drains it in one swift movement. He looks thoughtful as he considers it. Abruptly, his eyes widen and he shakes his head vigorously.

RRRRRrrr. Hmm. Is good fire-water, yes. mnumpurple.

With that, he gets to his feet, rather unsteadily.

amanodel
2008-10-06, 02:11 PM
Helvén

The happy atmosphere of the place lifted Helvén's spirit gradually, and even after some drinking he didn't look depressed as usual. He helps Osoend not to fall back down. Being a heavy drinker for some years now, he can manage it just fine, he doesn't even look drunk right now.

We're heading to the market right now? Or you take the supplies, and Oso and I wait here to talk with Inco later, she'll have something interesting to say...

Rettu Skcollob
2008-10-06, 10:46 PM
Osoend mumbles some general affirmations to whatever Helvén was saying, distracted as he was by the rhythmic movements of one of the Half-Elven barmaids as she moved throughout the establishment.

Flashlight
2008-10-07, 03:55 AM
Leroy

Leroy nods to Helvén in agreement

"I agree, we don't have to run around together all the time while we are in town. Let us meet in one hour at the south gate"

amanodel
2008-10-08, 01:09 PM
Helvén

The boy is satisfied that he got the job to remain at the inn, so he sits back to the table, orders another round, and wonders if Inwo will return with the promised extra information.

So, Oso, are you allright? You seem a little... disoriented. Where are you looking? Oh... Really pretty halfie, for sure.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-10-09, 04:28 AM
Osoend looks momentarily surprised as his name is called.

Z? Oh, ah, yes. Very. Hmm.

The tall Elf taps his fingers idly on the tabletop. He hoped that they could get on their way to adventure soon... But he wouldn't mind staying here a little while longer.

Darkantra
2008-10-09, 07:59 PM
Cyral Fallowfeather

"We'll be back soon enough Osoend, don't worry. You'll have enough time to ah, palaver with the ladies here on our return." the paladin slides off his stool and shrugs his pack back onto his shoulders, "I'm going to grab a pony if everyone else is getting a mount for the journey."

If everyone else agrees on getting transport, Cyral will lead them to a good hostler in town.

Flashlight
2008-10-10, 01:12 AM
Leroy

Leroy follows the halfling knight, pointing to random things in the city from time to time and explaining them in detail.

DeathKnight
2008-10-10, 03:33 PM
((Sorry for my absense, new PC and still setting things up... forgot how long this crap takes... If I'm still in this than great, if not than please regard this as Null and Void.))

Rurik stumbles back over to the group, he had been distracted by a man who had challenged him to a friendly drinking contest, which he won, if only barely. He catches up with them and apologizes for missing their conversation with Inco. "I'm... Sorry for not being there, I had to show up some kid who didn't know the difference between a Mug and a Shot glass..." Rurik stumbles to the ground, "That, was very unfortunate..." Rurik clambers back to his feet and looks back at everyone, "What'd I miss?"

Ritz_PBoD
2008-10-11, 05:36 PM
I was wondering if everyone is done. So I can describe the gates and get ya all moving along, if you would like that.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-10-11, 10:35 PM
Osoend is fine to wait until the others return with their various mounts.

Trizap
2008-10-11, 11:19 PM
((sorry for mine as well))
"eh wha? sorry I was busy thinking about something else, my mind wandered off in boredom" Will said

Darkantra
2008-10-12, 02:06 AM
After reuniting himself with Ramsey, Cyral stops by a local hostler and comes out with a chesnut coloured poney. The little horse keeps eying Ramsey with what seems to be fear while the Brixashulty won't even look at Cyral.

"Ramsey, it's only for this trip."

Ramsey's silence is palpable as he trots ahead of Cyral with his head held high, seeming to ignore his rider.

"Oh sweet Yondalla not the sulking..."

I'm ready to head on out

bahamut920
2008-10-12, 07:46 PM
Adam's had a light warhorse since I bought his initial equipment...
After collecting his horse from the stable at the inn where he had been staying, Adam meets up with the others near the gate, eager to be off to the town.

"Off we go, then?" he asks, once everyone has gathered.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-10-13, 12:45 AM
Osoend spends the remaining time until the allotted meeting watching the same Half-Elf as she weaves throughout the establishment on her duties, becoming embarrassed and taking a drink to disguise his actions whenever she looks his way.

Before he becomes more than comfortably drunk, the time to leave for the gate arrives. He gets up and starts making his way towards the stables to get Natul-Lad. After some difficulties making his way through the streets to the gate, Osoend arrives at the meeting place.

I am ready.

amanodel
2008-10-13, 02:38 PM
Helvén

Dissappointed that Inco didn't visit them again, he kept drinking with Osoend, until even his motions became slower and a little less graceful. He kept Osoend busy with remarks on the halfelf barmaid's various body parts. Well, not so various parts, as it turned out.

Didya find good -hik!- horsies? - he asked, while trying to keep a serious profile.

DeathKnight
2008-10-17, 12:44 PM
Rurik wanders over to the nearest stable and purchases a light bay, then rejoins the others.

Light Horse -- 75gp
Saddle, Riding -- 10gp
Feed, 4 days -- 2gp

Total -- 87gp

Flashlight
2008-10-17, 03:58 PM
Leroy

Before Leroy enters the hostler, he digs through his pockets to find the rest of coins, but realizes that it isn't enough. He sighs:

"I really don't like to do it, but seems that it's the only choice now"

He taps his hat, and disappears between some alleys. Some moments later, a man clad in slightly altered clothes, dark skin and some inches smaller than Leroy enters the hostler, wearing the symbol of Pelor visible on his chain shirt. The man looks panically at the hostler, and begins to explain.

"Excuse me, dear sir, I am servant of Pelor running through the land. I ought to go to the town Lavertorf because of the curse, but my horse was stolen from me. I have not enough money on me to pay for your service, so I wanted to ask you to borrow a horse. I will return the money laters, so I pledge by the sun lord"

Leroy's intention to return the money is true, so the bluff isn't too unreasonable. The idea is that the city's inhabitants would rather help a servant of their patron deity (and Leroy got the holy symbol).
Disguise is rolled with a +20 modifier (staying in character)

Ritz_PBoD
2008-10-25, 04:48 AM
Group 1.. with like one person- will be joining all yall! Sorry for the total lack of postage- I say that midterms suck the life out of ya

The hostler looks at Leroy for a few moments and thinks for a few more moments. "You know- I can't really just lend out a horse- but I think.. maybe just this once I will lend out a horse for now. On your honor and the honor of Pelor you'd better bring back that horse."

He then leads Leroy to the stables letting him pick out one of the horses. All of them are in top form and amazingly handsome horses. They neigh and whinny as the horse master walks by, however they remain poised enough to know that they are being taken out of the dull stables.

As everyone now appears ready- I will describe the road out

The city gates are wide open on this side of the city, with guards standing noticeably around the premises. There are a few on top and of course in the front of the gates, with crests of Pelor emblazoned on their chests. They stand proud and strong in the heat of the day. The road leading out of the magnificent city is expansive; the first hundred feet are completely paved in some white stone that glints with the sun as it is hit. The surrounding plains give off some heat waves as the sun rises further into the sky. There is a small patch of "forest" ahead that appears to surround the road for a few hundred feet. The road appears to sprawl out forever, going over some hills and thusly disappearing.

If asked one of the guards will point in the direction of Lavertolf otherwise the signs will guide one towards that town. There is much bustling and hustling around the city gates but it is not hard to see that everyone is coming from the other cities to go to Davenport. Some have looks of fear and others of excitement as they enter the big city.

Flashlight
2008-10-25, 01:19 PM
Leroy

Leroy bows to the hostler as he hands him the horse

"I will"

He then hurries to meet the others at the gate. Arriving, he whispers the others his true identity, so they don't get confused, and if everyone's ready, proceeds to ride out of the gates.

Darkantra
2008-10-25, 01:37 PM
Cyral Fallowfeather

Cyral was (thankfully) too busy trying to persuade Ramsey to let him get onto the saddle to notice Leroy dressed as a priest of Pelor. The pony, still skitish around the brixashulty, kept trying to shy away whenever Cyral dragged it closer to Ramsey.

"Ramsey, please, I'll only ride the pony when you aren't here, okay? I don't like it either but for the sake of the mission it must be done."

Just for fun, I'm rolling a diplomacy check against myself to see how accomodating Ramsey will be.

[roll0]

Huzzah, success... against myself, but success nonetheless.

Ramsey pauses, and with one hoof poised seems to be considering trotting off without Cyral before he shakes his head and turns back to the paladin.

"Breah." Ramsey gives a jerk of his head.

Cyral lets out a breath that he'd been holding and climbs up onto Ramsey's saddle, strapping himself into the military harness.

"Thank you Ramsey. Well everyone, now that I've patched things up with my companion, I suggest that we be off!"
I will have the pony tied to Ramsey's saddle so that it can follow the group and not run off

Rettu Skcollob
2008-10-25, 10:35 PM
Osoend sits atop Natul-Lad outside the city gates, smelling the clean air that emnates from the landscape, without the smells of the city. He smiles, anticipating the adventure ahead. The lean elf pats his horse on the neck softly.

Ah, Natul-Lad, it is the time for Adventure!

Eidalesi os Paer!

With that; the Wild Elf and his Horse canter away from the city, in the direction of Lavertolf... And adventure.

DeathKnight
2008-10-25, 11:21 PM
Rurik mounts his newly gained companion and joins the others. He looks out to the horizon and takes a large breath of fresh air, "Ah, Well, what are we waitin' around here for? Let's get going! The sooner we get out of the city the better. Rurik obviously wants nothing to do with the hustle-and-bustle of the big city.

amanodel
2008-10-26, 09:41 AM
Helvén

The young knight is saddened by leaving the beautiful tavern. After some moments of concentration, he gets atop his horse. He covers his eyes with his left hand from the bright sunshine, but other than feeling less comfortable than in the inn, he is ready to go.

Whom I owe the money for my steed? - he asks the part of the group who were at the stables.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-11-06, 03:23 AM
There was no need for payment as the hardy adventures set out on the road, dust billowing and blowing around them. The dust was thick and rampant as continuous travelers pass through the city gates. It is a large full road and the winding trail is restless and seems to snake forever onwards.

The forest is slowly approaching with it's dark and gloomy looking trees and shades. It looms in the distance but now is growing taller and scarier. The trees loom overhead with large finger-like branches clawing at the air as the adventures pass beneath it. Each tree seems to have it's own sad story to tell if only someone would listen.

IRONY: Roll a listen check

Rettu Skcollob
2008-11-06, 05:04 AM
Listen! [roll0]
Elf Senses Go!

Phew, I thought that this game had died like all my other ones.

The lean Elf sat back in the saddle naturally, putting no visible effort into steering or staying atop his horse. He sighed contentedly at the rhythmic gait Natul-Lad had adopted, relaxing comfortably, closing his eyes.

As the wooded forest approached, the Ranger opened one eye, and then the other. His brow furrowed worriedly. As he enters the wood, he begins to look more ill at ease than before.

Hmm. This place feel... Strange. Spirits are restless.

bahamut920
2008-11-06, 12:57 PM
That's not irony... :P
[roll0]

Adam makes no attempt at conversation, preferring alertness to companionship. He simply rides quietly along with the others, preferring the center of the group if possible.

amanodel
2008-11-06, 03:03 PM
Helvén

[roll0]

Yes, spirits are always restless. - answers the young knight, and to prove his point, he pulls out a bottle of spirits from his pack, and takes a sip. He seem to be kinda dazed, for ridign in the sun after drinking a tad bit too much. He's not visibly drunk, though.

Then he realizes from Osoend's look on his face that he was talking about another kind of spirits. He gazes ahead of himself, and tries to focus his thoughts for a second.

(detect magic)

Darkantra
2008-11-07, 12:22 AM
Cyral Lightningfoot

Having just woken up from napping in the saddle, Cyral looks around with bleary eyes.

"Oh, what a dreadful landscape. Restless spirits?" he looks over at Osoend, "Well, no problem with being careful..."

Ramsey looks over his shoulder at his rider and the two share a nod. The two concentrate and start swiveling their ears around like antennae in a bizarre, asynchronous fashion.

Haha, intelligent animal means extra checks! It's also good to see the game still going, I wouldn't want to shelve Ramsey :smallfrown:.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Flashlight
2008-11-07, 09:36 AM
Leroy

Leroy is quiet while riding, enjoying the landscape.

Listen: [roll0]

DeathKnight
2008-11-07, 11:01 PM
Listen Check +4 1d20+4

Rurik simply continues to stare off at the road ahead, enjoying the peace and quiet, while at the same time missing the pounding and tinkering of the forge back home.

DeathKnight
2008-11-07, 11:08 PM
(( I apologize for the DP, but it seems that I have made a mistake in my formatting of the dice roll, and editing does not seem to correct it.))

(( Re-Roll for Listen Check
[roll0]
))

Ritz_PBoD
2008-11-16, 08:06 AM
Everyone roll initiative! Then Rettu Skcollob he only passed one of the rolls- so he gets an action first. And Take his Action!

Oh and what is your marching order?

So, the forest around you seems eerie quiet as the leaves rustle around you, only one of your party seems to notice something. The forest is beautiful and amazing.

Flashlight
2008-11-16, 08:14 AM
[roll0]
Minimum characters rule my a**

Rettu Skcollob
2008-11-16, 08:00 PM
So I guess Osoend rolled high enough to know that something is up, but not high enough to figure what it was?

Osoend will ride in the back, if no-one objects; so as to be able to get some decent shots with his bow, while still being able to protect the weaker party members in front of him if need be.

Breathing in sharply, Osoend removes his bow from his back with lightning speed, nocking an arrow with astounding alacrity.

Take warning, friends! I hear something...

Initiative
[roll0]

Darkantra
2008-11-16, 11:28 PM
[roll0]

[blast, I was really hoping for their rotating ear thing to work.]

bahamut920
2008-11-17, 03:32 PM
[roll0]

Adam, despite the attention he had been paying to his surroundings, is caught completely off-guard by this new threat. He calms himself and gathers his wits for combat, knowing it might already be too late...

amanodel
2008-11-18, 02:24 AM
Helvén

[roll0]

Not feeling too secure on his new horse, Helvén unmounts, and follows suit, drawing his sword.

(did detect magic reveal anything, or not?)

Kobold-Bard
2008-11-23, 08:57 AM
HI, I've been moved from the other group to this one. Hope thats ok. I was told to introduce myself so I'll do my best. I know your about to go into combat so if anyone wants me to change my original post (including the DMs) then let me know. Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=77205).

Hearing Iganno give a quick yelp Cercadore stepped away from the tree, doing up the buttons at the front of his trousers as he did. As he looked around he noticed the riding group heading his way.

"Salutations friends, care to stop a moment for a tune to cheer the spirits" he called in his most salesman-like voice.

As he did however he noticed that several of them had weapons drawn. His mind raced, "bugger am I that obvious".

Don't know what rolls I need so I'll do a few just to be safe.
Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Diplomacy: [roll2]
Initiative: [roll3]

amanodel
2008-11-23, 11:31 AM
Helvén

As it turned out that the signaled threat is some guy pissing in the bushes, Helvén relaxed. He puts his sword back into the sheath.

Pardon, we didn't want to frighten you! Just some of my companions had a rough day, and you know it's not good for the nerves. You know, with all these troubles recently, one wouldn't expect someone out here on his own. Only desperate folks and brigands dwindle out on their own.

The last part of his speech was more of a question than a statement.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-11-23, 06:38 PM
Osoend kept his face impassive, letting the others deal with the new arrival. He lowered his bow a little, but kept his eyes open. He wasn't sure whether the stranger was what he heard, and he could easily be a distraction placed by brigands or similarly lawless types.

Darkantra
2008-11-23, 09:54 PM
Cyral Fallowfeather

Cyral stares at the newcommer with a critical eye, and nudges Ramsey.

"Hmm, well hello sir, care to inform us as to why you're presumably alone in this forest?"

'Breah."

Cyral sputters at his mount.

"b-b-but we can't-"

"Breaaah!"

"Oh fine," Cyral rolls his eyes, ",and Ramsey says to surrender all vegetables on your person to us, please."

Cyral gives the man a good scan with Detect Evil, and finding nothing sits back in his saddle and awaits a reply.

Kobold-Bard
2008-11-24, 08:11 AM
"I assure you that while I may occasionally be a brigand, today my purpose is merely to wander this wide world of ours. And now that I have relieved myself I am also no longer desperate for anything in particular"

To answer the halfling he raised his right hand and motioned to the ring on his index finger.

"Unfortunately by the magics of this ring I am relieved from the burden of consumption and as such have nothing to offer. Not that any feed I could have offered would be fit for such a fine specimen of Yondalla's Fields in Celestia".

Turning now to the group as a whole he asked "so where are you travelling this fine day"?

Regord_Silentflame
2008-11-24, 02:17 PM
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk320/Janus122001/Jennifersmap.jpg

Ritz will update later what this lovely map means. :D

PS My fiancee is awesome

amanodel
2008-11-25, 03:39 PM
Helvén

The young man, shakes his head, but he can't remember the destination of their journey, so he only shrugs his shoulders.

Somewhere something has gone wrong, and I think we're going to do something about it, aren't we?

He was surrounded by fine drinks and even finer girls when they had small talk, so the details are kinda lost on Helvén.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-12-17, 06:48 AM
Everyone choose a color.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-12-17, 06:50 AM
Purple! Oh, and what happened Ritz? Did you fall into a hole somewhere?

Ritz_PBoD
2008-12-17, 06:51 AM
You are dedicated! :P I dropped into the hole called college- and I'm just forgetful. My fiancée reminded me to do something- I actually made the map and stuff but could only get it to work on Reagord's computer. Sorry! you are an awesome player for sticking with us!

Rettu Skcollob
2008-12-17, 06:57 AM
My exams are finished, so I've got nothing to do till February. I'm lurking in these boards like a particularly nerdy tiger, waiting for my games to update... Then I pounce! Rawr.

Besides, I liked the way this game was going, before you vanished. Enough to be patient for confirmation on whether the game was dead or just sleeping, in any case.

Nice map by the way; what program did you use?

Flashlight
2008-12-17, 05:00 PM
I'm still here, my post frequency will increasy and I will re-add Leroy's actions. Green, please

Kobold-Bard
2008-12-17, 05:58 PM
I'll take red. Good to see your voice again Ritz.