PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing Habits itp

Haleyintraining
2008-09-13, 09:58 AM
Okay, we all have them. What is something embarrassing you do?

As per Emerald Roses request:

I sometimes don't comb/brush my hair in the morning, and I go out in public. And not because I forget, because I'm too lazy to.

DraPrime
2008-09-13, 10:07 AM
I post on these forums :smalltongue:

EmeraldRose
2008-09-13, 10:12 AM
I demand the OP begin this thread by posting some embarrass habits of her own :smallamused:

DraPrime
2008-09-13, 10:12 AM
I agree with Emerald. So what's some embarrassing stuff you do HiT?

Mr. Moon
2008-09-13, 06:07 PM
I sometimes don't comb/brush my hair in the morning, and I go out in public. And not because I forget, because I'm too lazy to.

You call that embarrassing? *suddenly feels very un-feminine*

Haleyintraining
2008-09-13, 06:09 PM
You call that embarrassing? *suddenly feels very un-feminine*
Well, I don't see anyone else willing to share.

Spiryt

Is that so embarasing? I brush my hair once a week... :smalleek:

I wash them every 2/3 days though...

Lupy
Sometimes when I'm bored I think about how beautiful it is that every USB cable fits into every computer... And then my friend whispers "firewire" and I get mad at him.

DraPrime
2008-09-13, 06:13 PM
I don't brush my hair because I have a buzz cut. It's quite easy to maintain hair like mine.

As for an embarrassing habit of mine, I will occasionally answer someone's question in another language, unintentionally, and it can lead to some awkward moments.

Haleyintraining
2008-09-13, 06:14 PM
I don't brush my hair because I have a buzz cut. It's quite easy to maintain hair like mine.

As for an embarrassing habit of mine, I will occasionally answer someone's question in another language, unintentionally, and it can lead to some awkward moments.
What language?

Icewalker
2008-09-13, 06:14 PM
I never brush my hair...

EndlessWrath
2008-09-13, 06:15 PM
I'm often referred to as "grandpaw" because i tend to tell my friend the same story multiple times without realizing it...due to my horrible memory :smalleek:
------------
Due to the performing nature inside me, i tend to sing out in public or act or such...being loud and fun...this tends to embarrass my friends...which is another bad thing... I often feel bad about it afterward
------
edit: I brush my hair far less than i should.. being as its at least 12 inches long.

DraPrime
2008-09-13, 06:17 PM
What language?

Polish. Spiryt over there would actually understand me as I unintentionally switch languages.

Spiryt
2008-09-13, 06:18 PM
Polish. Spiryt over there would actually understand me as I unintentionally switch languages.

So no dirty jokes here. Jesteś obserwowany! :smallwink:

DraPrime
2008-09-13, 06:23 PM
I wasn't aware that Wielki Brat is watching, or that ty jesteś him.

Spiryt
2008-09-13, 06:28 PM
I wasn't aware that Wielki Brat is watching, or that ty jesteś him.

On jest wszędzie. You don't know half of the truth.

Weiser_Cain
2008-09-13, 06:39 PM
In an attempt to cram as much 'fun' into a weekend as possible I sometimes skip baths and don't brush my teeth until becomes distracting, I also strip down to my underwear or failing that just a pair of shorts. Yes I'm single.

DraPrime
2008-09-13, 06:41 PM
My really need to stop nasze random bouts of polish. We've managed to sidetrack bardzo durżo threads with our język. Then again, it is fun :smallamused:

Spiryt
2008-09-13, 06:45 PM
My really need to stop nasze random bouts of polish. We've managed to sidetrack bardzo durżo threads with our język. Then again, it is fun :smallamused:

I guess that under Embarrassing Habits itp we can put " complete derailing threads with some uncommonly random (polish - english) bełkot".

Embarrasing...:smalltongue:

DraPrime
2008-09-13, 06:48 PM
Honestly Ja feel sorry for all the others. Oni have to watch us speak something that seems like gibberish mixed with Russian, ale without the bastardized Grecki alphabet.

Felixaar
2008-09-13, 08:20 PM
Brush... hair?

Oh, that's right... mega-braids. Don't need no brushin' :smallamused:

Eldariel
2008-09-13, 08:55 PM
I don't know but I've been told...so many things! I guess having random scars and bruises appear on fridays counts. Mostly because, as a rule, I never have any ideas where I get them from and am not aware of their existence until someone points them out to me.

As another thing, I often don't have time for a morning shower since I wake up so late and after that I have to run (1.5 kms) to get to the train. I can imagine I smell like flowers at that point... And my hair is ALWAYS a mess (but since I'm a guy, nobody seems to care - always something good to everything).

Also saying all the wrong things at the wrong times and then somehow giving the impression that I'm apologizing something not needing an apology thus causing the other party tell me how there was no problem in the first place because I'm giving all the wrong messages qualifies.

I imagine the last one may take a few reads.

The Orange Zergling
2008-09-13, 09:13 PM
I chew on my fingers and toes. Not the nails, the flesh. I also almost never brush my hair despite the fact it's the thickest and one of the longest I've ever seen. Also I bathe infrequently.

Collin152
2008-09-13, 09:20 PM
My legs are always crossed.
Even when I'm standing.
It got in the way once, and I"m tryign to override that little part of my brain.

I only ever say "Excuse me" in Japanese anymore.
Nobody knows what I mean, but I don't even realise I'm doing it.

I walk fast. I always look like I'm in a hurry.

I stare. Especially at attractive guys, but usually without thinking about it.

I glare. At you.

I overreact to sudden things. Sudden noises, sudden movement, and so on. Usually I just flail my limbs wildly, but sometimes I make what my friends have dubbed "puppy sounds".

Also, I have nigh no sense of balance. Ne'er a day goes by where I almost fall over, often with someone tryign to catch me, even though I usually catch myself.

Unique
2008-09-13, 09:25 PM
Let's see.... I can probably count on my hands the number of times I've voluntarily brushed my hair, I sometimes forget to brush my teeth, and I have a tendency to wind up developing crushes on people way too quickly, which, though not embarassing per se, is very irritating.

*Winks at Collin*

Nychta
2008-09-13, 09:42 PM
If I'm stressed, I dig my thumbnail into the tips of my fingers of my left hand.
I play violin, so I don't feel a thing.

Kimusabe
2008-09-13, 09:56 PM
I chew my Fingers all the time without noticing, especially when I'm nervous.
I go REALLY red whenwever I'm really embarrassed.
I scratch my arms heaps when I'm nervous and once I even made one start bleeding because I scratched it so hard when I was nervous.
And I always seem to get sprayed with water by passing cars when it rains (Not really a habit or embarrassing, but it sucks)

13_CBS
2008-09-13, 10:03 PM
I have a tendency to rip out my chin hairs with my fingernails. Strange enough for ya?

Unique
2008-09-13, 10:07 PM
I have an embarassing habit of murdering the innocent and drinking their blood.
I know it's rude, but I just can't stop myself!

Inhuman Bot
2008-09-13, 10:09 PM
You should go to a support group. I know of one that does violating people's spirits and eating their souls, but I'am sure there's one for your problem.
My name is Slaanesh. I have gone for 2 days without eating a babies soul. *claps*

Unique
2008-09-13, 10:11 PM
They have a support group?
Is there one for evil hypergeniuses who abuse their devilish good looks while being generally awesome?

Eldariel
2008-09-13, 10:17 PM
If not, you should found one. You're definitely not alone with your problem, and it always helps to share your plans with others and see if they can puncture it. If not, it's probably worth going for.

Unique
2008-09-13, 10:21 PM
If not, you should found one. You're definitely not alone with your problem, and it always helps to share your plans with others and see if they can puncture it. If not, it's probably worth going for.Hi. My name is Dave, and I'm devilishly handsome, ridiculously brilliant, and super-evil...

"Hi Dave."

Oh, you misunderstand. I'm just here to subjugate you and to make you like it. While I'm at it, you three are hot. Come, you shall be my concubines.

Vizen
2008-09-13, 10:22 PM
Embarrassing habits...Uhh...Well...

#1: I tend to bite my nails, but then they feel rough afterwards and I basically sandpaper them down til they're smooth again on some random surface. =/

#2: if I'm really into the music I'm listening to (sometimes even the music in my head) I'll sing along to it. I tend to get strange looks on the bus when all of a sudden I start singing:
"I'm not wearing underwear today,
No I'm not wearing underwear today,
Not that you probably care,
Much about my underwear,
Still nonetheless I gotta say,
That I'm not wearing underwear today."

Ehh...I'm sure theres others, but blah.

Nychta
2008-09-14, 12:03 AM
Embarrassing habits...Uhh...Well...

#1: I tend to bite my nails, but then they feel rough afterwards and I basically sandpaper them down til they're smooth again on some random surface. =/

#2: if I'm really into the music I'm listening to (sometimes even the music in my head) I'll sing along to it. I tend to get strange looks on the bus when all of a sudden I start singing:
"I'm not wearing underwear today,
No I'm not wearing underwear today,
Not that you probably care,
Much about my underwear,
Still nonetheless I gotta say,
That I'm not wearing underwear today."

Ehh...I'm sure theres others, but blah.

Avenue Q?
I think a lot of people are tempted to sing along to that on crowded buses...

Unique
2008-09-14, 12:05 AM
Oh yeah. If I have headphones, I sing, loud and off-key.

Weiser_Cain
2008-09-14, 02:20 AM
I sing well until I notice someone listening, then I crawl back into my shell.

Felixaar
2008-09-14, 02:31 AM
I'm often told "Gee, you look like your about to pass out" or something like that. I don't know, I must look like some sort of walking corpse, maybe?

Deepblue706
2008-09-14, 02:34 AM
Before I lock the door to my house or my car, I always have to pat my pocket to make sure my keys are there. Even if I know I just put them there.

When I'm stressed, I sometimes bite the inside of my cheeks. Until I bleed.

I generally only communicate with my father via impersonations of Gollum from Lord of the Rings, and Arnold Schwarzenegger from, well, just about any of his movies.

"Hey, you wanna go get lunch?"
"Negative."

"Hello? Who's this?"
"Sarah Connor?"

"Hey, come watch the game with us. We've got chips and stuff."
"You keep nasty chips!"

"Oh, sorry, I logged you off the computer..."
"STUPID FAT HOBBIT!"

Apparently, I can pass for either fairly well (as it's requested that I continue to speak in this manner until it becomes no longer funny). My friends from work also think I can do a good Batman.

CrazedGoblin
2008-09-14, 04:14 AM
I'm often referred to as "grandpaw" because i tend to tell my friend the same story multiple times without realizing it...due to my horrible memory

ye i get that to, and because im the oldest by quite a way haha

Vizen
2008-09-14, 04:32 AM
Heh, yeah, Avenue Q

The other day I was bored and got my laptop out, pulled out the earphones, and played You Caught Me Spankin' It as loud as I could. The bus went silent. Good times, good times.

Suppose another habit of mine is I tend to flitter about from one group of people talking to another when the conversation starts to bore me. Dunno if I would call that embarrassing though.

SoD
2008-09-14, 06:48 AM
Is that so embarasing? I brush my hair once a week... :smalleek:

I wash them every 2/3 days though...

Oh, come on! Haven't brushed my hair in years! Last time was in '06...

I have a tendency to rip out my chin hairs with my fingernails. Strange enough for ya?

Done. And always in the same spot...I had a hole in my beard...I've stopped that though.

But a new embarassing habit? Dunno really, I don't get embarassed very easily. Sorry.

Ashen Lilies
2008-09-14, 08:29 AM
I trip. All the time. Over everything. Especially stairs. I hate stairs. With a passion. I hate stairs with a burning passion even a wheel-chair bound person cannot comprehend. Ever.

Uncle Festy
2008-09-14, 10:22 AM
I sing well until I notice someone listening, then I crawl back into my shell.

I know that feeling. Ugh.

I have a horrible memory, which means that I can't remember names to save my life, and I tend to lose track of sentences as I'm

reorith
2008-09-14, 12:09 PM
i exclusively smoke in places where it is forbidden by law like the mall, grocery stores, and the like. when someone tries to get me to stop, i just give them a confused look and start speaking in spanish. this isn't really embarrassing, but i don't really have any other habits.

Leigh
2008-09-14, 02:44 PM
I have problems when it comes to changing in bathrooms...
After I take a shower, I dry off, grab a towel, skip to my room when no one's looking and change in there.:smalltongue:
I don't know why, I just....can't change there! This proves to be a problem in hotels and when I'm staying at people's houses though...
What? Why are you all staring at me like that?

TigerHunter
2008-09-14, 03:15 PM
What? Why are you all staring at me like that?
Oh, don't mind us, we're just re-reading the sentence about you walking around in nothing but a towel. :smallredface:

Pepz
2008-09-14, 03:50 PM
Oh, don't mind us, we're just re-reading the sentence about you walking around in nothing but a towel. :smallredface:

sst, don't ruin the moment for the rest of us :smallredface:

I have some habits:

I have a couple of nose hairs that really itch when they grow, so once in a while I'll spend entiry evenings either scratching the inside of my nose, which makes it look like I am picking it, or trying to pull it out it with my nails, which to be honest must look really silly

I like making silly forms when shaving, so that once in a while, when I haven't done all the work, I walk around with little lines on my chin or even a little heart on my upper lip once.

Lastly, one that's pretty embarrassing and really annoys me too, is that I have a horrible memory for people and their lives. It's not that I'm uninterested (in most cases) but people pour out their souls to me and all I would remember is a small fact about them not liking their work :smallfrown: felt really bad that time, I had to introduce a girl I'd known for 2 years :smallfrown:

Leigh
2008-09-14, 03:57 PM

:smallbiggrin:I don't know whether to be offended or flattered...since I have an overwhelming urge to sig that, I think I'll choose the latter...:smallredface:

Sam
2008-09-14, 09:05 PM
I pull my hair. I got a reverse Mohawk once that way.

Weiser_Cain
2008-09-15, 02:56 AM
Every time I get ready to write or draw something I get distracted by the internet, etc. Why is this embarrassing? I've been stalled for years now.

Jade Falcon
2008-09-15, 03:41 AM
I often forget the first name of a person .. it annoys me but I canīt help it., I have a horrible memory in this case. I try to avoid to call someone by his first name in any situations.

Iīm a cynical jerk but I cry like a litte girl watching an especially movie from Tim Burton.

Vizen
2008-09-15, 08:04 AM
I often forget the first name of a person .. it annoys me but I canīt help it., I have a horrible memory in this case. I try to avoid to call someone by his first name in any situations.

Iīm a cynical jerk but I cry like a litte girl watching an especially movie from Tim Burton.

Apparently a good way to remember names is when your introduced to a person and learn of their name, talk a little bit about it. Even though it may feel a bit stupid, you'll probably find an hour later you can match their face to their name whereas before you wouldn't of had a clue.

valadil
2008-09-15, 08:36 AM
I watch pro wrestling. It's the only truly mindless activity I take part in regularly and I love it. I get a lot of flak from my geeky friends for this.

Incidentally, watching wrestling is where I learned how to GM. Some day I'll make a post in the gaming boards about it.

Ashtar
2008-09-15, 09:48 AM
I also forget first names... sometimes even about 5-6 seconds after the person uttered his/her name.

To fight that, I really try hard to concentrate on the name and repeat it straight away:
"Hi, I'm Martin"
"Hi Martin" (instead of just "Hi")

And then, as soon as I can, I write it down (on paper, in the mobile, in the sand, in the snow (that was awkward) or invisibly in the air in front of me) so that I can remember it.

Firestar27
2008-09-19, 02:56 PM
I'm often told "Gee, you look like your about to pass out" or something like that. I don't know, I must look like some sort of walking corpse, maybe?

Nah, they can just see the future.

Ok, that was morbid.

Drascin
2008-09-19, 04:31 PM

You mean I'm not the only one?

It's great when you find shaving as bothersome as I do, too. It helps keep the beard in check. And I can't see why that'd be embarrassing

Anyway, embarrassing habits... not much of what I do feels embarrassing to me. Well, there's the fact that I have to put something in front of the door when I go to sleep, because my imagination runs wild and makes me paranoic, and I have to put something that would make a big noise if it was opened. It's annoying.

TigerHunter
2008-09-19, 04:35 PM
You know how when someone is talking about how great someone is, a common response will be "He still puts his pants on one leg at a time."?

Well, I don't. I put both my legs in at once and hop around until they're on. Earns me some weird looks whenever I'm dressing in front of someone else.

Weiser_Cain
2008-09-19, 06:06 PM
You know how when someone is talking about how great someone is, a common response will be "He still puts his pants on one leg at a time."?

Well, I don't. I put both my legs in at once and hop around until they're on. Earns me some weird looks whenever I'm dressing in front of someone else.

I can jump into my pants both legs at once.

EndlessWrath
2008-09-19, 10:30 PM
I was at the football game tonight (I'm in the band)... and I saw a bunch of friends. at least 60 people. I knew about... a third of those people...

I feel really bad too...cause they all knew my name... it was like i had mini fans...but they're "friends"...

either my acting career is drawing fans...or i have the worst memory ever

Weiser_Cain
2008-09-19, 10:52 PM
I forget my supervisors name, it's cool though all I say is what and yeah?

Boo
2008-09-20, 12:36 AM
I have bad memory. During the day I can forget something that's said 5 seconds ago, but during the night I can clearly remember everything. I'm probably a subconscious thinker or something. I'm at my best when I'm half-asleep.

I get really annoyed when people order me to do things that I'm already doing.

I tend to dance to music when I'm listening to it. Sometimes it's just slight movements, while other times it's full blown idiotic moves.

Unique
2008-09-20, 12:39 AM

Well, I don't. I put both my legs in at once and hop around until they're on. Earns me some weird looks whenever I'm dressing in front of someone else.I do that too! Clearly, we should make out!

Destro_Yersul
2008-09-20, 01:02 PM
No matter what, no matter where, Dragonforce REQUIRES headbanging, Air Guitar, and lipsynching. Sometimes singing, if I know the words well enough.

This has earned me many strange looks.

JupiterPaladin
2008-09-20, 11:41 PM
I get really aggressive in debates with my friends without realizing that it is escalating. Apparently, I don't like to lose, and every counter-argument that I feel lacks substance is like a signal to pour on the fire hotter. Some people get overly upset about me winning, but I really don't care. If you start a debate be willing to lose. I always look for somebody to teach me something new, but my friends never do. I don't know, is that a bad thing?

Kimusabe
2008-09-21, 05:05 AM
Occasionally, I get caught while talking to myself, and have to come up with very strange explainations for as to why I was doing so.

It's really annoying because I don't have any reason to talk to myself half the time, and then I feel really stupid when I realise that I was talking to myself.

Although I don't do this very often, it gets quite embarrassing when I do.

Premsyl
2008-09-21, 01:36 PM
If I'm worried about something or even thinking hard about something I'll mumble about it to myself which drives people I'm around absolutely mad because they can't understand a word I'm saying and don't know if I'm talking to them or not, which I may or may not be trying to do.

I procrastinate. I've been putting off getting a shave and a haircut for to long, which wouldn't be a big deal except that after a bout of radiation treatment last year my sideburns grow at an un-even pace, giving me a beard that's longer and bushier on the left side of my face. Looks ridiculous.

Speaking of the radiation; I can't open my mouth as wide as most people (cause of scar tissue) so I tend to make a huge mess when I eat. Not really a habit, but pretty embarrassing.

I never know what I want to eat, I just know that I'm hungry. Bugs the people I hang out with cause they tend to be the same way.

I get paid Friday afternoon and them I'm broke Sunday morning. It's fun partying but being broke is embarrassing.

Also like so many of you I tend to neglect personal hygiene and grooming. What a charming bunch we are.

Alien
2008-09-21, 03:56 PM
I'm embarrassed a lot. Holing myself up indoors helps keep it at bay though.

For instance...
Emotionally I'm rather stunted. There are several emotions I have no idea how to express, and for some stupid reason, my psyche has decided to default all the 'missing' emotions to crippling sadness. So if I get angry, frustrated, confused, upset, overwhelmed, exhausted... I start crying. I hate it, it's embarrassing as hell, hard to stop and usually just makes the situation worse than it was to start with.

There's lots of other things I could mention, but that one is possibly the worst.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-21, 04:07 PM
I'm good with names, but I know to many people and I'm not anymore.

Nano
2008-09-21, 09:01 PM
I apologize to people for sitting down next to them, or near them. :smallconfused:

TigerHunter
2008-09-21, 09:06 PM
Occasionally, I get caught while talking to myself, and have to come up with very strange explainations for as to why I was doing so.
I just do this.

"What are you doing?"

"Talking to myself."

"Why?"

"Why not?"

"You're weird."

"You're just now realizing this?"

Enlong
2008-09-21, 10:05 PM
I just do this.

"What are you doing?"

"Talking to myself."

"Why?"

"Why not?"

"You're weird."

"You're just now realizing this?"
Next time, when they ask Why? respond with:
"I have a penchant for intelligent conversation."

averagejoe
2008-09-21, 10:43 PM

I believe Gandalf said something along these lines. When Aragorn was commenting on G's crypticness, Gandalf responded by saying he wasn't being cryptic, he was merely talking to himself. "It's a habit of the old to talk to the most intelligent person present."

KilltheToy
2008-09-21, 10:53 PM
Um...let's see now.

I shower almost every morning. Pay special attention to the almost.

I almost always forget to put on deoderant.

I tend to talk to myself alot, but seeing as I'm rather quiet, this tends to not become a problem.

TigerHunter
2008-09-21, 10:54 PM
I likee. Will do.

Zakama
2008-09-24, 10:53 AM
I leave food out of the fridge. Mi madre constantly has to tell me to put stuff away... >_>

Ilena
2008-09-24, 11:15 AM
Me, i lack showering brushing teeth and putting on deoderent, mainly because i cant smell myself so i have no idea how bad it is, although when i can smell myself ive forgotten by the time i get home to accually shower, gone 2 weeks without even thinking of showering, hmm whatelse ... not much really embarrasses me ... although i do lack 90% of the normal range of emotions, as in i may feel them for a second then its gone, anger is one that i dont have a problem with and only around my horses do i accually feel again,

Warpfire
2008-09-24, 12:58 PM
I like how half of the embarrassing habits here have to do with bad hygiene. Way to shatter the stereotypes, people. :smalltongue:

Anyway, my own habits. Uh...I like to make fun of people. And not just mild teasing. Like horrible, unforgivably mean things. But I always say them in a funny way so people are okay with it. :smallamused: But it can still get embarrassing when I'm around people more sensitive than I'm used to.

Ilena
2008-09-24, 01:10 PM
Hey im not here to shatter stereotypes :P I mainly do it because i forget to shower, but im not your stereotypical person anyway, i mostly work around horses