PDA

View Full Version : Gods of a New Star [IC]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Kaiser Omnik
2008-09-13, 11:25 AM
They fled a dying world ravaged by war. They were given the spark of divinity by a Power only known as the Wyrm, whose grand plan is still a mystery. They were transported far away, perhaps in another universe, to an ancient planet orbiting a small, yellow sun. In the past, this world had been abundant and prosperous. Now, nothing but ruins remained of the advanced civilizations that lived there. Entire forests were cut down or burned. The overexploitation of land caused the degradation of once fertile plains. It is up to the new Powers to take care of this fragile planet.

They are the Gods of a New Star.

When they first open their eyes, the gods are floating in the emptiness of space. Suddenly, they feel something solid under their feet and realize they are standing on a massive rock. None of them recognize the constellations. What's more, a whole section of the night sky seems to be missing. But the truth is even more shocking; those stars aren't missing, they are obscured by a colossal shadow in the shape of a serpent. The godlings feel an aura of overwhelming power coming from this beast and can't help but cower. Only then do they realize they are not alone. There are fifteen gods present forming a semicircle.

A tiny draconic creature appears at the center of the group.

"You'll get used to it. Don't worry, he's not a bully. My name is Calix. I speak for the Wyrm, our master and god. Your are now in the realm of Sunyata, the Void, or, more precisely, on an asteroid belt simply called the Tail. Behind you, you can see the planet that is gonna be your home."

The pseudodragon pauses for a moment to gauge their reaction.

"The source of all things divine is here, in Sunyata. Each of you has been given access to a well of power. Those are the focal points of the ambient energies of the plane. They are not material, so don't waste your time trying to find another well.

Be warned: you are not the first gods to walk this world. Beings far more experienced than you have been entirely consumed by this power. You are now taking over their portfolio. Remember to be careful if you want to keep that from happening to you.

Any questions?"

((OOC: Please write the name of your god in bold at the top of each post, as well as the god you're interacting with in said post. Keep the OOC talk at it's minimum here; there's another thread for that. If you really have to, write any OOC comment in a spoiler box at the bottom of your post.))

Virgo
2008-09-13, 12:10 PM
Alrinach

Alrinach's grey eyes trace the outline of the giant serpent, half in wonder, and half in blind terror. What was going on? He had a dim recollection of some sort of great battle, or catastrophe, or... No, it was gone.

He listened to Calix speak and looked at the odd assortment of beings that joined him on the rock. Then, as Calix spoke of the energies of the plane, Alrinach's passive awareness of his being was upset, and he was blinded for a moment as something within him shifted, and changed. There was a sense that he was engulfed in chaos, and he felt as if he were drowning, falling deeper and deeper into a whorl of shifting colors, until a bright white light flashed within his skull and everything he saw became... Sharper, somehow. Keener, and more precise. He looked at the stars and saw the orderly components of their burning, extrapolated out for times untold, and watched phantom lights trace their ways across the sky before finally extinguishing.

His movements, from the perspective of others on the asteroid, became suddenly precise, and his face drained of color, becomeing a very pale, statue-like visage, from which the emotions of his former, human incarnation slipped without a trace.

Alrinach, the Lord of Law, stood silent.

Alrinach will speak in grey, although he didn't say anything this post.

Slamexo
2008-09-13, 12:14 PM
Lupin

Confounded by his new form, that of a halfman - halfwolf, Lupin wasn't helped by the strange new reality apparently set upon him. Looking around at the other figures, he was naturally confused by the unbelievable turns of events, asks the mysterious little draconic figure for an explanation:

"So wait, you're telling me that suddenly we've got incredible powers that we can do what we want with in that little planet down there?"

Without getting a response, a wicked grin spreads across the wolf's face.

"When can we start?"

Silverkiss
2008-09-13, 12:59 PM
Polaris

Polaris stares into the stars and into the planet, in wonder. Then her eyes go through every being in the asteroid, stopping at the huge shadow above all. Then, she smiles and her eyes turn back to the little planet.

"Another opportunity we've been given, it seems."

Damn you for stealing my grey ! Now I'll speak in Deep Sky Blue

puppyavenger
2008-09-13, 01:30 PM
Celis
indeed, when may we see our domain? and is there any life there?

Fan
2008-09-13, 01:43 PM
The god of the Protoss collased in his shadow form enough to make himself visible the wisps, and smoke of the area collasing to create his form a long wicked scmitar forming in the genral area of where his hand should be. He examined the group with critical glowing yellow eyes taking in each of the gods forms, and accesing each of them before he spoke.

"I see each of you has taken to this new power in your own way. I merely intend to recreate my peoples, and lead them to great heights of prowess in the name of Auir."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-09-13, 01:53 PM
Gargax

The great lich surveyed his surroundings. He saw some of the others look upon the grand shadow with fear, but Gargax looked upon the massive creature with respect tinged indifference. Even in his old unlife, fear had been an emotion unused to the point of alienation, and even now such feelings bore no effect on his. He looked upon his own form, he had changed little since the old world.

Though he was sure he was as a child compared to the towering shrouded form, compared to the rest of these mortals-made-gods, he was truly Ancient. Indeed, he had been almost as old as the gods of the old world themselves... though he could not recall them... troubling the thought drifted through his mind, and he knew it was true.

Finally he spoke, his aged bones making cracking and popping noises as his jaw worked. It moved with little regard to the actual sound emanating from it, and it seemed as a great abyss instead of a mouth. Rotted air and a dread chill, accompanied by the odd blue flames that glowed in his eyes drifted out of his mouth as he spoke. If such experienced gods died from the powers at work in this aged place, why select newborn gods to keep this fragile world from dying, or did their failure resemble that of our old world, and you hope that as the survivors of such tragedy, we would work to avoid such a thing from happening during our stewardship?

Gargax shall speak in Blue though its not the same shade as his immortal flames, think of those as a combination of normal blue fire, and sort of a turquoise/cyan/teal fire, kind of like ice but fiery, I hope that helps

Ipphli
2008-09-13, 02:08 PM
Cyrus

Cyrus takes in the others standing around him, listening quietly. He glances occassionally at the shadow above them, but always looks away quickly. He finds his gaze drawn to the planet below. His mind begins whirling, thinking of how he could make things better. He looks over at Calix. "Yes, what sort of life is on the planet? And does the planet have a name?"

Erothayce
2008-09-13, 02:19 PM
Erothayce

Erothayce stands still and says nothing, simply taking in the surroundings and thinking on how strange the universe the can be. Finally he spoke, ""Yes. I too wish to know the manner of life and the way this planet was destroyed. What makes us better candidates than the others who came before. And where did we come from?"

ArlEammon
2008-09-13, 03:02 PM
Saradinus and Baldier

Saradinus was curious. "I am, curious, so curious. I sense powerful mental ability here." He looks at the Protoss. "I feel as if you do not belong here. As if you are of another world. Do any of us?" (Little Star Craft joke.)

Saradinus attempted to survey all the land in the world through a conjured, floating blue orb."Ah yaku tarraganno, du ya sharahdath". He muttered to himself. "What is this world to us?"

"Dragon god, I must know.... how do we make sure not to restrict the mortals to one planet? I feel this is an unnecessary restriction on both the gods and the mortals to come."

Fan
2008-09-13, 03:12 PM
Baldier

Baldier felt the mental precnse of the one who spoke to him, and the shining star that was his mind. He would have to keep an eye on that one. It could become rather interesting.:smallamused:

"Restrictions are unnessscary, and illoigcal why restrain those who follow us; when we can allow them to floruish under our guiding hand?"

Virgo
2008-09-13, 04:00 PM
Alrinach

Swiveling his head, Alrinach looked at Saradinus and Baldier and spoke in a dry, flat voice as he surveyed the rest of the godlings, taking stock of each.

"Restriction is a necessary component to Order. Indeed, it is right that beings flourish under a guiding hand- but to be an effective guide, we must restrict aspects of instability and Chaos. Let what mortal children you may desire grow in temperance and security, and they will grow stronger for it."

ArlEammon
2008-09-13, 04:05 PM
Alrinach

Swiveling his head, Alrinach looked at Saradinus and Baldier and spoke in a dry, flat voice as he surveyed the rest of the godlings, taking stock of each.

"Restriction is a necessary component to Order. Indeed, it is right that beings flourish under a guiding hand- but to be an effective guide, we must restrict aspects of instability and Chaos. Let what mortal children you may desire grow in temperance and security, and they will grow stronger for it."

"I mean restriction of movement, oh creature. Not law and order. We need no restrictions of being on this Prime. It is indeed best for all of our ability and essential for us to grow if we could spread out a little. A thorn bush is not a good place for a pheonix."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-09-13, 04:08 PM
Gargax

Gargax's head turned slowly towards Alrinach and he spoke in an oddly dispassionate way, given his words, again the dry/wet smell of rot and cold wafted from Gargax's mouth. Temperence and Order are well and true, however, too much order and you risk sheltering your followers. A little Chaos is necessary, for without Chaos why should order exist? What better temperance for a mortal race than to face Chaos with the power of Law to help guide and shield them? And of course, if you create too many restrictions, too many LAWS... and you risk rebellion...

ArlEammon
2008-09-13, 04:16 PM
Gargax

Gargax's head turned slowly towards Alrinach and he spoke in an oddly dispassionate way, given his words, again the dry/wet smell of rot and cold wafted from Gargax's mouth. Temperence and Order are well and true, however, too much order and you risk sheltering your followers. A little Chaos is necessary, for without Chaos why should order exist? What better temperance for a mortal race than to face Chaos with the power of Law to help guide and shield them? And of course, if you create too many restrictions, too many LAWS... and you risk rebellion...

"Yes. This is true. Although I am unsure as to whether you are of light or not, what you say is right. Law and disorder are not very moral concepts, though they do carry some use to them in and of themselves. Freedom is a high value, essential to any beautiful civilization."

Virgo
2008-09-13, 04:25 PM
Alrinach

Alrinach inclined his head mechanically and acknowledged Saradinus' earlier point, but remaines impassive to his latter defense of freedom and to Gargax.

"If Chaos must exist, yes, it is best that it be a tool of law, or an impending state. But to actualize it within a society would be an abomination."

He narrowed his eyes, a vestige of humanity that would no doubt fade as his divine portfolio erased the last bits of his former self and metamorphosized him into a vessel of his function.

"I think, Lord Skeleton, you misunderstand my concern of Law: perfect Law is not merely political, but the entire anchor of a stable civilization- by definition, any law that would incite popular instability like rebellion is an affront to perfect Law, and ought not be instituted."

Alrinach understands Law like an economist: anything that drives towards stability contributes to perfect Law, and anything that would cause chaos detracts from it. (Remember, being a god of Fate as well, Alrinach will massivly extrapolate from present parameters to predict what will and what won't contribute, however small, to chaos.) As such, he's unconcerned with the emotional element of rebellion, because he thinks he can predict and forestall subversive elements (if you've read Brave New World, you have a pretty good idea of what his philosophy is.
Also, he's arrogant.

For clarification, look at how he capitalizes: "Law" refers to the overall concept of stability and order, and "law" refers to anything temporal, like a political mandate.

ArlEammon
2008-09-13, 04:30 PM
"As a creature of Good, and Magic, even Life, I understand Law perfectly. There is no reason to pervert the force of Law into a mere tool of cleansing the souls of mortals into a sterile, infertile crop that will serve no purpose."

"Good is its own law, surely a god of law can accomadate some essence of compassion into his system of ethics for consideration of how Order could be advanced."

Virgo
2008-09-13, 04:42 PM
Alrinach

Alrinach waved his hand unconcernedly. "I have little interest in 'cleansing' the souls of mortals. And stability dictates that in this dynamic, I must of course accomidate your wishes. To do otherwise would no doubt harm the nacent world over which we will apparently watch. But emotion and morality are coefficients to be considered, arising naturally within the problem of civilization. Given the strength and presence of certain other variables, their value wil fluctuate and change. Where they may be imperative in some cases, in others they are fully irrelevant."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-09-13, 05:14 PM
Gargax

Gargax began to understand better this creature of law. If he had the flesh left to express his emotions clearly, he'd be sneering. Fortunately he didn't and he pressed on speaking with Alrinach

You misunderstand me. Chaos is no more a tool of Law than Law a tool of Chaos. They can be used as means to an end, but to many they are an ends in themselves.

Gargax moves his clawed skeletal hand in a gesture of elaboration:

Moreover, as I said, too many laws and you will cause anger and discontent among those who must follow them, it is not merely the content of a law but the quantities of laws themselves. Unless directly made creatures of pure law or chaos or some other force, all beings are creatures of both Law AND Chaos. Too many laws and the people will grow restless and angry, too few and barbarism and un-civilization. And here in lies the crux of the problem with your argument: You advocate this... "Perfect Law" when perfection in any form is a concept out of the grasp of even the gods, trying to impose such a thing upon mortals is bound for failure.

Virgo
2008-09-13, 05:26 PM
Alrinach

"I will concur that vast quantities of laws can be unnecessarly complex, and as such be an inifficent tool. Bearing that in mind, however, laws that are truly comprehensive and well crafted will by definition never become unnecessary or redundant. As for the idea that even gods can't comprehend or reach a perfect state of Law..."

Alrinach was silent for a moment, and his emotionless mouth twitched, in what perhaps would have been a human smile or chuckle.

"You don't speak for all of us."

Alrinach, I'm happy to admit, is the illogical extreme (hence, personification) of Law, so he needs a mitigating factor. But he's perfectly capable of imagining and trying to effect what he believes is an ideal, Lawful system.

Smiley_
2008-09-13, 06:06 PM
Ikassi

For a long time, she lay quietly in a corner listening to the other gods defend their abstract views of Law and Chaos. She learned much from these beings. As she crawled forward, her eyes shone a bright red. She lifted her bulk off the ground and addressed the other deities.

Chaos and Law...Law and Chaos

She clacked her mandibles together and slowly crawled around Alrinach and Gargax so as to look at them from the other side.

These forces...what are they without the other? Chaos is how reality turns, the way things are, the great...law of the universe. Perfection is sterile and this great force of Law will surely bring Chaos in it's wake. Are these two forces constants in the universe, or are they forever changing...back and forth and over. You cannot have the perfect Order, for it always sprouts Chaos which will grow like a weed. Likewise, Chaos cannot exist alone without Order as a foundation.

She exhaled, a sound like air hissing out of a tight hole that had not been opened for years. The smell of dust filled the air. She raised herself up to look down on the two and spoke in a much different tone of voice.

I am told you are gods, but I see children, flaunting these ideas to intimidate each other! Nothing I say or anything you say to each other will change what you believe, I can tell, but this world must endure as the old one could not. Surely you agree to that.

ArlEammon
2008-09-13, 06:13 PM
Ikassi

For a long time, she lay quietly in a corner listening to the other gods defend their abstract views of Law and Chaos. She learned much from these beings. As she crawled forward, her eyes shone a bright red. She lifted her bulk off the ground and addressed the other deities.

Chaos and Law...Law and Chaos

She clacked her mandibles together and slowly crawled around Alrinach and Gargax so as to look at them from the other side.

These forces...what are they without the other? Chaos is how reality turns, the way things are, the great...law of the universe. Perfection is sterile and this great force of Law will surely bring Chaos in it's wake. Are these two forces constants in the universe, or are they forever changing...back and forth and over. You cannot have the perfect Order, for it always sprouts Chaos which will grow like a weed. Likewise, Chaos cannot exist alone without Order as a foundation.

She exhaled, a sound like air hissing out of a tight hole that had not been opened for years. The smell of dust filled the air. She raised herself up to look down on the two and spoke in a much different tone of voice.

I am told you are gods, but I see children, flaunting these ideas to intimidate each other! Nothing I say or anything you say to each other will change what you believe, I can tell, but this world must endure as the old one could not. Surely you agree to that.

"I propose" Interupted the wizard Saradinus. "That we inhabit more than this world." He thought of the universe. "The old gods surely would have had more room to grow without assimilation if only they had looked further, and...."
"Please do not speak ill of eachother, any of you three. We need not battle one another over trivialities. Even those who claim superior maturity belittle themselves through bragging rights."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-09-13, 06:21 PM
Gargax

His ire raised, Gargax turned slowly to the chittering creature, his skeletal and fleshless face unable to move naturally, begins to flow and shift as if it were flesh, until it is a deep frown. He looks up at Ikassi and speaks. His words are tinged with his great age. Speak not of that which you do not understand, CHILD. I am the Aged. Among all us mortals turned god, I am the eldest and I was the closest to achieving this... this power, without the aid of any other. He turned to Alrinach his skeletal face twitching and flowing into a passive, emotionless expression, his fangs glinting. Truth... Needs no Opinion.

To Saradinus he merely inclined his head.

Virgo
2008-09-13, 06:55 PM
Alrinach

Alrinach raised his hands, palms outward, in a gesture to forestall further discussion on his part. Not visibly acknowledging Ikassi, he inclines his head in respectful detente to Gargax, recognizing the futility of further argument.

"It seems our introductions have been tardy. I am Alrinach, and I apologize if offense has been taken, Lord Skeleton."

He looked into the middle-distance, evaluating the portfolios so recently sprung into his mind.

"I am the functionary of Law and Fate. It seems perhaps also souls. It would..." he searched for an accurate emotion "please me if I were able to guide, order, and assign the souls of our mortal children to rest, reward, or perdition."

Smiley_
2008-09-13, 07:05 PM
Ikassi

Ikassi looked at the formidable ancient one and the mandibles convulsed into, as well as she could manage, a smile. There was no malice in the smile, just bemusement and perhaps some curiosity.

She lowered her upper body and circled around Saradinus a few times.

You... I like you. You ideas are intriguing and your words speak well of you. Please, tell me of how mortals can leap from star to star. Tell me of how they will handle the vast expanse of the great voids between.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-09-13, 07:09 PM
Gargax

His face once more in the natural grin of his skeletal visage, Gargax responds to Ikassi With Magic, and with Tools. With magic I have seen mortals move from plain to plain, visiting places that are not even among the stars, distant though they may be. I have seen men who can otherwise not traverse the waters for their inability to swim, make known of themselves as sailors and traverse the seas and oceans their whole lives. I have seen these things and more. With ingenuity, magic, and skill, mortals have learned to walk where before there was no path, and where no physical skill can take them. This is how they can move from world to world, and traverse the black void.

Silverkiss
2008-09-13, 07:34 PM
Polaris

The Twin Princess thinks for a moment, watching the other gods. Them she talks, adressing noone in particular.

"Law and Chaos... Both are choices one must make, and so neither of them should be prohibited to be made. There are good choices and bad choices, but there must always be the freedom of choosing. Now, we can also choose to fight among ourselves, but that would only lead to our demise. We should not mimic our predecessors' mistakes."

pingcode20
2008-09-13, 08:02 PM
Liagyi-Nelek
As the last gasp of breath escaped from his lungs, he did not feel fear, or pain, or anger. No... it felt like... home. But such thoughts began to fade, his body giving up the struggle to life.

His mind began to cloud, and a final thought drifted into his mind from places unknown.

Liagyi-Nelek... It is a good name...

The water around him seemed to shudder with approval, and all went dark.

Then... a creature.

Then nothing.

Liagyi-Nelek opened his eyes slowly, and looked around at the other beings gathered. It had been but a moment and newborn gods were already but petulant children.

"Such ambitions." he said, his voice reverberating through the emptiness, as he swayed slowly, the seaweed wrapping his body rising and falling as though moved by unseen waves.

"Yet to see your demesne and already seeking to abandon the duties entrusted to you."

He turned towards the distant world, his heart already tugging at him to descend.

"There will be time for such things... there is always time."

Smiley_
2008-09-13, 08:08 PM
Ikassi

Yess...magic...magic is it? Well, I suppose I am not one deny the power of...magic.

She paused slightly before the word, as if the word had a peculiar taste. Her face showed no emotion, but she stared intently at Gargax.

Surely, one as ancient as yourself is more knowledgeable of the matter. I apologize, ancient one, for my earlier rudeness.
Now, on the matter of ...Magic. This allows mortals, even the weak, to wield great power and influence in their world, correct? Am I correct in assuming the possibilities of this art are nigh endless?

The giant centipede looked slightly apprehensive for a moment before calming down again.

Silverkiss
2008-09-13, 08:15 PM
Polaris, to Ikassi

Looking to the insect-god, the Twin Princess listened with caution.

"Yes, the power of magic is endless. However, as in everything, the use of this power is filled with constant choices. If the wrong choices are made, the user will be consumed by it's power, instead of shaping the world around himself. You need not fear, my divine comrade, for the use of magic by mortal hands will be supervisioned. Or so I expect."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-09-13, 08:15 PM
Gargax

The aged one chooses to ignore the sea-god altogether, not even acknowledging his existence. He turns to Ikassi

Yes... and No... The only true limit of magic is the imaginings of those who wield it, their ingenuity's in crafting it, and in their lives, that they might master the Art more fully, and pass their knowledge to future generations of Artisans. The longer one lives, the more knowledge they gain, the more power they can garner, and the more fully can they bring their imaginings to fruition and reality. Magic is as endless as the sea of imagination. The more creative you are and the more knowledge you gain, the more you can do.

Gargax often refers to magic users in general as Artisans or Shapers of the Art

ArlEammon
2008-09-13, 08:20 PM
Ikassi

Yess...magic...magic is it? Well, I suppose I am not one deny the power of...magic.

She paused slightly before the word, as if the word had a peculiar taste. Her face showed no emotion, but she stared intently at Gargax.

Surely, one as ancient as yourself is more knowledgeable of the matter. I apologize, ancient one, for my earlier rudeness.
Now, on the matter of ...Magic. This allows mortals, even the weak, to wield great power and influence in their world, correct? Am I correct in assuming the possibilities of this art are nigh endless?

The giant centipede looked slightly apprehensive for a moment before calming down again.

"Yes... Magic is a side of the coin of power. On one side there is knowledge, and the other wisdom. The possibilities of this art are endless. The powers of magic can be made and shaped to the desires of the mortals for things greater than the mightiest undirected natural forces can accomplish. Some of us here are gods of magic from the Cosmos. My magic is of the spirit."

"However I see another way. The other side of the coin is knowledge. Through knowledge mortals may eventually come to know ways which they may cross the stars. You see, the gods of craft may well help the mortals to accomplish such feats."

"No greater glory can be accomplished for me than to advance mortal kind to the extent that they may have a Golden Age across space and time."

LongVin
2008-09-13, 09:24 PM
Severus

Severus stood by listening to the servant of the overgod and then his fellow godlings speak. There was much to learn from just observing the others and listening to their plotting. It was always good to know what his adversaries were planning.

He felt no need to converse with them at this time, to Severus they were not his equals, Dark Elves were the supreme beings in the world...he heard it many times before...his mind remembered a time before this summoning. It was hazy and distorted like a tapestry with scenes ripped out. Hatred and anger was all he felt. The High Priests gave their fiery sermons against all those who were not in service of...of...he could not remember, but the sermons were vivid. He recalled the teachings about the treachery of the surface elves, the treks through the tunnels searching for the enemies of the Drow, the final congregation when all were summoned to perform some rite. Yet it seemed so distant now.

Shaking his head to remove the fog that clouded his brain he focused his attention once more on the gathering.

ArlEammon
2008-09-13, 09:29 PM
Saradinus turned around. Obviously angry at his presence, although he didn't know why. For some reason he knew that death was more Severus'es style. Saradinus stood silently, anxiously looking at the wicked Severus. "You, are much for subtlety, are you not?"

LongVin
2008-09-13, 09:46 PM
Severus

Red eyes peered out from under his cowl at Saradinus. It was another sase of Deja Vu, the cowl was pulled low, vaguely he remembered the phrase "To honor him..." it was a mark of respect but he could not remember why. There was no time to dwell on it now, this creature wished to speak with him.

"Why not?" Severus shrugs "Is it so necessary to shout out loud ones intentions and make a fool of oneself so that all others can see. Is it not better to be reserved?"

ArlEammon
2008-09-13, 09:58 PM
"The gods are family, Severus, I"d be saddened to know of a black sheep this soon."

LongVin
2008-09-13, 10:02 PM
Severus

"Do not worry my brother. I just wish to take in the sight and sounds before I open my mouth."

pingcode20
2008-09-13, 10:15 PM
Liagyi-Nelek
Liagyi-Nelek did not mind when Gargex chose to ignore him. The loss was his all the greater.

Patience was a quality not easily forgotten, and he had learned it well in both his mortal life - how far away it seemed now! - and in his new reality.

"Magic. It is a powerful tool, one that marks those who touch it indelibly. Even a small piece of magic will dye the waters of life indelibly."

Liagyi-Nelek lifted his arm, holding up the Chalice he had discovered within his hand. Holding his other hand over it, he squeezed tightly and let seawater fill the cup.

"This... but a small magic. And yet... it has the power to stain the world of the mortals. To tip the scales. Change their way of thought forever. And from new thought, new ideas. We are ourselves tainted by the magic of our past selves, and cannot think beyond the vestiges of our last lives."

He holds the cup out at arm's length.

"A little bit of the water from this cup, and it cures all ills. Too much, and it warps the flesh."

Liagyi-Nelek let go, allowing the chalice to fall from the heavens to the lands below. Godsmagic was too strong to be destroyed by physical forces alone - in fact, most magic was. He turned to watch as it landed on a beach, creating a great plume of sand where it landed.

"By itself, it sparks action."

Sometimes, though, patience had to be shelved.

darkmist83
2008-09-13, 10:53 PM
Racci, Mistress of Fate

Silently taking in all that was being said and discussed, Racci was learning more and more of her fellow "gods". With a lull in the conversation she spoke up,
"I see we have very different perspectives on these matters, and everyone believes so strongly in their point, but perhaps we might attend to the duties entrusted to us. This talk of what ifs and what is meant to be is beyond any one of us at this time. Calix, I would like to know the current state of the planet it is we are to attend to."

Fan
2008-09-14, 01:06 AM
"Stop this pointless argui9ng freind gods. What Sardinus claims is right we are family, and should treat eachother as such, and avoid pointless arguements, and fighting as much as possible.

I as a soldier before my god hood understand well that you cant always avoid fighting, or even a war. However we are GODS, and we should at least have control enough over ourselves to avoid bickering like...well; like children.

Now do not take offense at this last remark for I know some of you are rather sensitive to such remarks, but we need to get ourselves together, and our issues sorted out before we can call ourselves proper gods.

Having the power doesn't make a god it is his, or her wisdom, kindness, and the proper use of the power. So let us give this "black sheep" another chance let him see the benfits of cooperation, and living in peace with one another.

To prove my willingness to cooperate I will send my Nexus down to the planet it is a gift that spreads wisdom, and intellegence to those near it, and if they happen to be psionicly attuned it will allow them to access new feats of power."

With that Baldier raised a sadowy hand wisps of smoke trailing slightly as h moved, and as if from no where a giant crystal pulsating with purple energy appeared, and after a few muttered words of protection he sent it to a vilalge of peoples similar to the old peoples of Auir.

Slamexo
2008-09-14, 04:51 AM
Lupin

Listening to the various conversations floating around him, Lupin couldn't help but snicker to himself before confronting the others and their ideas:

"You people seem so worried about what might happen here; did any of you get the part about surpreme power? Am I the only one excited about the chance to craft the natural paradise for animals that I've always dreamed of? Bunch of uptight stiffs you lot seem like."

"As for magic, bah! Arcane magic isn't something people are supposed to tap into on their own, and all it does is cause problems for everyone else! Divine magic is another topic, but all I know is that if you intend to allow everyone to be making fireballs and summoning lightning left and right, then keep it out of my forest lands!"

"Come to think of it, I don't think that a lot of us are going to get along too well with all these ideals. That's fine with me, so long as everyone who doesn't agree with me stays out of my way!"

Lupin starts to growl after his last sentence: a feral instinct to warn off supposed attackee's he still retained from his companion days.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-09-14, 05:15 AM
Gargax

The Old God turned to Lupin, the wolf still snickering to himself, and affected an air that might be found in a college professor, about to school some up and comer on the truth about a subject. I heard that HE has ultimate power he nodded his head toward the looming shadow. I heard nothing about him sharing it all with us. And anyway, HE has ultimate power, and yet this world fell to ruin once before. Caution is the watch-word young wolf, you would do well to learn it, and heed it.

He inclined his head upwards, as if philosophizing, and then spoke to the wolf again. Arcane magic... and indeed magic in any form... is not something that should be restricted. It is an Art that one must respect, and to say that... that its not something people are supposed to tap into on their own? Then how, how would you propose people go about tapping into it?

When the wolf finishes and begins to snarl the old lich merely yawns, showing his long deadly fangs, and his vaguely insectoid features, weathered though they may be. Be wary who you growl at young pup, it might come to... haunt you... later.

Ipphli
2008-09-14, 06:50 AM
Cyrus

Cyrus quietly listens to the others talk. He sighs, noticing the signs of what would be conflict ahead. He shakes his head and looks back at the planet. He swings the large hammer he finds in his hand up to his shoulder, seemingly ignoring the others.

Slamexo
2008-09-14, 08:11 AM
Lupin

Turning his attention to Gargax, Lupin snarls at him.

"Listen Bones, arcane magic isn't something anyone should be using ever. Watch your tongue too, unless you want me to bite it out of your mouth!"

Lupin's growl grew louder and bolder towards the lich, bearing his own massive fangs as a response to the skeleton's.

pingcode20
2008-09-14, 08:17 AM
Liagyi-Nelek
Liagyi-Nelek continued to watch the consequences of his actions, not so much as turning to look when Lupin began his tirade.

"Magic is Magic. To call one art 'Arcane' and another 'Divine' is meaningless. Do they not both shape the world? Does one distinguish between a catcher of fish and a farmer of fish? Both bring about sustenance, do they not?"

Fan
2008-09-14, 08:19 AM
"Does no one pay attention to my act of good will? Do you all prefer that each of us be angry, and ignorant of eachother?
"

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-09-14, 08:22 AM
Gargax

Gargax merely raises his eyebrow, or the patch of withered skin that would have had an eyebrow. He points to his mouth and opens it wide, revealing the void and the immortal flames inside before speaking to Lupin seemingly heedless of his mouths actual movement. I don't HAVE a tongue.

He finally acknowledges the watery god, Liagyi-Nelek It is the source that derives distinction. Arcane and Divine Art, as well as others come from varied sources, whether it be gods, a well of power, life itself, or whatever. It is like the difference between a huntsman and a fishermen. They both catch meat for food, but one would not call a fisherman a huntsman, or a huntsman a fisherman.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-09-14, 10:58 AM
The pseudodragon listened as the new gods argued. He grinned.

"Gargax has it right. We believe your past experiences will give you a different outlook. Surely you will make mistakes...but we hope that you learn from them. Unfortunately, I can't tell you what caused the destruction of the ancient civilizations on this unnamed planet. You will find out by yourselves. I see some of you are already thinking of exploring the Stars. In time, maybe...

Before you ascended, there were no intelligent life forms left on this world, but plenty of animals and plants. My master created new races of followers in your image. Also, you each have been attributed a domain in which lives a population of about 500. Your domain will expand as your population grows in size."

Calix studied each god in turn.

"As powerful as you are, you will have to follow some rules. First, deicide is forbidden. Second, you must not intervene directly in the lives of your followers. Any mortal who gazes at your true form will be paralyzed by fear, become insane or even comatose. You can safely appear to mortals in two ways: in dreams and visions, or in the form of an avatar.

Now, I think I have everything covered... You are free to go. But don't forget...that the Wyrm watches."

((OOC: See the OOC thread for more details.))

Silverkiss
2008-09-14, 11:51 AM
Polaris

The Twin Princess listens to Calix with attention.

"And what about apotheosis ? Will there be any possibility of mortals ascending to goodhood ? That would be something interesting to be seen, if possible. Nevertheless, I look forward to our work in this world. I hope we may proceed with the right choices and work in harmony to create greater civilizations that the ones that preceeded our time here." - Then the Twin Princess looks to Gargax and Lupin, with a shadow of disapprovement passing through her eyes - "As I said, let us not fall into the wrong choices and succumb to infighting and destroy ourselves."

Smiley_
2008-09-14, 12:28 PM
Ikassi

Speaking to Polaris

Apotheosis, hmm? We already know it is possible from our current...mmm...situation. But of course, you mean that of the mortals of this age. Whether or not it is possible, you are correct. We have a world to nurture.

Ikassi too looked at Gargax and Lupin, again with a look of bemusement.

Slamexo
2008-09-14, 02:03 PM
Lupin

Seeing the dissapproving looks he's recieving, Lupin once again bares his giant fangs.

"Just let me stay in my realm, and we'll get along fine. Just to let you know, I don't respond kindly to threats."

The last comment is clearly directed at Gargax, with empahisis on the don't.

Following those words, he heads off to the land below to look at his domain: currently a large, empty space that stretched for miles upon miles.

"Hmmm, well first of all it needs to be surrounded by woods to give all its wildlife plenty of land for living."

Lupin thinks for a moment, wondering how to make his wishes reality, until he's surprised to find it come to existence a short time later.

Erothayce
2008-09-14, 02:05 PM
Erothayce

Silent for the entirety of the other gods bickering Erothayce is glad to hear of what they shall each rule over. "I must find a way to expand my followers minds. Saying this Erothayce concentrated deeply for a few minutes and created an avatar of himself to instruct his followers in the greater mysteries of the universe and to set up a tradition of learning and scholarly interest.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-09-14, 02:33 PM
Gargax

Gargax speaks a final time, obviously aimed at Lupin Remember young pup, Caution is the watch-word. Before his form darkens and changes until he is a twisted shadow of his former appearance, a Wraith-King with an appearance of horror and awe, fires burning brightly in his eyes. He hold aloft a dagger, with a handle of bone holes that whistle despite the lack of wind, and glow with an odd and strangely sickening, but otherwise normal looking yellow-white light, like that of a lamp. Its wicked blade is black like oil, and fiery runes of blood glow in dark contrast along the blade. Despite the shadowy appearance of its wielder, the dark blade is all to real. Gargax speaks, his words echoing with supernatural tones that transcend the mortal realm.

I go now, to educate my Artisans in the working of their Craft

And with that both he and the malicious blade sink into the darkness, the blazing blue fires of his eyes, the odd light of the hilt and the burning runes of the blade glowing even when they have all vanished.

puppyavenger
2008-09-14, 03:03 PM
Cellis

He shook his head sadly, this was going to be a violent world...

So, may we go into the world?

assuming yes,

Cellis Stands up a tall insectoid ensi, with every insectoid part emphasized heavily, While, I must order my people, so that they can protect themselves.

With that, he spread huge dragonfly wings and flew to the earth, arriving at a mountain overlooking a mineral-rich range.

This will do nicely

Silverkiss
2008-09-14, 05:42 PM
Polaris

With a sigh, the Twin Princess ignores the wolf-god, who is eager for confusion.

"Very well. I shall descend into my domains, too, and look after my people."

With a gracious wave from her hand, the Twilight Goddess dissapears, teleporting herself to the mortal world, flying many hundred feets above the village of her followers, remaining unseen.

For the moment, the Twin Princess only watches over her people.

Smiley_
2008-09-14, 05:51 PM
Ikassi

Turning to the gods that had not already left.

I believe that we will meet again soon...Some sooner than others

With that, she turned to the planet below and began her descent. She came to a desert, vast sloping dunes scorched by the sun where only the most resillient could survive.

This will do quite well.

She burrowed under the sand, creating a ressonating quake, telling her people the earth was alive.

ArlEammon
2008-09-14, 06:24 PM
Saradinus

Saradinus turned to his land. Watching over them intently, and guided them in the ways of magic.(Major godly Act.) A mystic way was created through Saradinus'es teachings. (Supernalism) The Supernal Magic gave the magicians the power to channel powers through life forces, foci(wands and staves) and their alignments.

Saradinus began instructing the entire nation personally, through an avatar of course. Foci such as staves, and the like were just now being produced. Meanwhile, the birth rates of the populace was astounding, and mothers gave birth without pain.

LongVin
2008-09-14, 06:25 PM
Severus

Severus gives a polite nod to the remaining gods before summoning a tiny globe of darkness and then he was gone.

He reappears in the lightless tunnels that would be his domain. Apparently there were many cave collapses in the last war and the Underdark of this land was small. That would soon change but for now this small land would be good enough for his people.

He watched hidden as they went about building their underground city and contemplated his first move.

Ipphli
2008-09-14, 07:07 PM
Cyrus

Cyrus ignores the others bickering; it didn't matter to him. As soon as he finished listening to Calix, he transported himself down to the planet. He found a mountainous area that contained several rich valleys. He nods to himself as he sees his people the ogres already building a city for themselves.

"Time to show them their new path."He wills an avatar into creation and sends it down to his people. There he shows them how to mine the earth of ores and gems and how to shape them into useful and beautiful objects. He also teaches them a few basic morals they should follow in order to stay in his good graces.

Cyrus smiles as he watches his ogre reproduce rapidly, the women often having multiple births. While his avatar stays busy teaching his people, Cyrus decides to go and see what the other gods are doing...

Silverkiss
2008-09-14, 07:31 PM
Polaris

The Twin Princess, after looking into her would-be worshippers, decides to act. She graciously waves her hand again, and a giant tablet made of marble appears in the sky, falling quickly in the village below. However, the Twin Princess makes sure that it falls without harming any villager. In the tablet it is written:

You are a blessed people, for the Moon and the Sun shine for you;
the Twilight Goddess, the Twin Princess watches over you;
you have a choice now, embrace my teachings and my light;
honor Me but also the other Gods, and no harm shall come your way.
But, if you choose to ignore Me, then you shall fall to infight;
and no protection will be given to those who choose the godless gray.

Then, with the divine powers granted to her, the Twin Princess reshapes the region around the village, increasing it's value to the maximum. A small mountain from which gold and precious metals can be mined is raised next to the village, and a river starts running thought one of it's sides. The grasslands are made into fertile lands, and a nearby forest grows into a vast woodland.

Seeing that her work was good, the Twin Princess proceeds to raising a small temple in the foot of the mountain, next to the river, where her most devout worshippers should stand, and where the mystical tablet should be kept. From there she would instruct her worshippers. She proceeded to giving knowledge to various prophets, teaching her people various arts like smithing, woodcutting, masonry, and others. She also appointed, through a dream, a devout follower as the Twilight Child, who would be the ruler of her people.

Seeing that her work was mostly done for the moment, the Twin Princess blessed the people with her magic, increasing their birthrate and destinying them to succed in growing as a stable population. Then, she proceeded to the top of the world, to check on the other god's work.

Major Act of creation used in reshapping the land, two more left.

LongVin
2008-09-14, 08:10 PM
Severus

It was time to start giving his followers the advantages they would need to become the dominant people of the planet. All Dark Elves possessed some innate magical abilities but that was not enough for Severus' goals. Tapping into the arcane energies that were under his command he gave to many of his followers the spark of magic.

Dipping into his followers minds he gives them the knowledge how to unlock the mysteries of the arcane, giving them access to spells and research methods. He prods these new wizards to come together and establish an academy of magic so that they may pool their power together for the advance of the Drow.

Spending 1 creation point to give some of my followers a stepping stone in arcane magic. Then just encouraging them to get toghether to amplify and learn about their power.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-09-14, 08:15 PM
Ok, here are some additional details:
Map (idea taken from a previous god game): Imagine a map of a planet the size of earth. This map is split up into 100 equal squares. 10 squares up and 10 squares across. Please post the location of your civilization.

I chose to have the planes as completely separate dimensions (they are the Spirit World and the Dream World, the Elemental Chaos and the Void). The Void, Sunyata, is akin to the Astral plane and is the only plane visible from the planet.

Ipphli
2008-09-14, 08:22 PM
Cyrus to Polaris

As his avatar taught his people the basic skills on how to survive, Cyrus travelled the world, looking in on the others. In due course, he discovered a people that had begun to worship in a small shrine, in which sat a tablet. Intrigued, Cyrus studied the tablet and decided to find its creator. When finally he found her, he bowed in greeting to her.

"Greetings Twin Princess. I am Cyrus, called the Smith by my people. I saw your people, and the tablet and territory you gave them. Very impressive."

pingcode20
2008-09-14, 08:32 PM
Liagyi-Nelek
Liagyi-Nelek shrugged. The rules seemed reasonable enough.

"We shall see."

And with that, he allowed himself to fall, descending to his newly created domain. It certainly explained one thing - the path the chalice took was most certainly not random.

He touched down on the sea, away from prying mortal eyes, and allowed himself to sink, relishing in the salt water as it enveloped him once more.

Then, he thought about how he would introduce himself. He considered simply rising from the sea to speak with them, or appearing in visions, but neither would really assist them - it would merely tell them that there is a being of great power prepared to help them all the time, and that did not bode well for their problem-solving skills.

He waited, and pondered for a moment, while the mortals experimented with the chalice.

Then, he decided to get to work.

He recalled the goings-on of the underocean in his mortal life - there were a number of races who lived in the deep, but around him was the clash between two in particular: The sea elves and the sahuagin. The sea elves were the ones always to trade with the coastal villages, and yet Ocean now revolted against the idea of introducing elves to it.

The Sahuagin, then?

The ocean shuddered with approval.

Liagyi-Nelek set to work, carefully forming the body from a predatory fish, and forming every aspect of their being with care. From the reef below, he formed up a city, hollowed into homes and dwellings, and populated them with the fishfolk.

Then, he seeded within their minds their pasts - the invention of their spears, the great loss when the cold came, and importantly, knowledge of the being they would call Liagyi-Nelek.

He shaped their crafts, granting their minds the old, hard-won knowledge of opening only those oysters which held pearls of value, the art of weaving seaweed, and the difficulty of catching fish.

Finally, he imprinted upon them the knowledge of the ocean, the art of petitioning the ocean to act in certain fashions through the correct rituals, and the proper fashions in which to thank the ocean when it complied. The manner in which its practitioners were trained, and how they were inducted into the art.

Then Liagyi-Nelek moved away, and caused the Sahuagin to become living. A simple message formed during the hightide meditations.

Venture forth into the realm of the air on my holy day. Teach all whom you find.

Sometimes, it was better to help the mortals sort things out, rather than intervening directly.

OOC
Major Creation: Created the Race of Sahuagin.
Major Creation: Founded the Magic Tradition of Oceanomancy.

Erothayce
2008-09-14, 09:21 PM
Erothayce

As his avatar was instructing his followers on knowledge Erothayce decided to take care of his responsibilities. He needed to set up what happened to the souls of the living when they died. To accomplish this he decided to create a set of scales to judge the souls and decide where they went when they passed on. (Major creation act). He also needed a way to collect all the knowledge in the universe but that would come later. For now he decided to create a plane of his own apart from the other planes. Gathering his power he created a plane made of shadow. This plane would be called Desidua.

Smiley_
2008-09-14, 09:51 PM
Ikassi

The stone goddess felt the changes in the earth and percieved that it was time to guide her people. She had set her artifact, the Orb of Inhibition deep in the earth. If her people were to grow, it would be without the help of magic. She had grand plans for them.

Her people had the old insectoid features of the Ensi. However, she poured her desires into them. They became covered in a bright red chiton, slender, and slightly taller than an average human. It was as if the features of a normal Ensi were molded and shaped to fit life in the unforgiving desert. They would be called desert Ensi, though they looked quite different. Magic would be nigh impossible for them to understand, but that separation from the arcane arts would make them all the more resistant to their uses.(major creation) She gave them the name of Myrmici.

The Myrmici are more antlike than humanlike. They walk on two legs and still have free will. They are just that, a poeple designed for the desert. (with magic resistance)

She taught them how to listen to the earth, how to find the animals that hid beneath the sand. She showed them how to tap into the secrets of the desert and the water filled catacoms underneath. Finally, she taught them how to shape the sand into a beautiful clear fluid that would harden into glass that could be made into tools or to catch the condensation that could be gathered at night time when water did not escape into the dry air.

She would wait, quietly listening to the stones while her people became strong. She heard many peoples working and living, creating a melodious cacophony.

Virgo
2008-09-14, 10:00 PM
Alrinach

Alrinach heard Calix out, then vanished in a thin snap of displaced air to look upon the lands of his mortal followers.

Wlaving invisible among his people, he noticed the example set by the Twin Goddess and gifted unto his beings a tablet of opalescent stone, upon which was inscribed a great set of laws for society; laws that ordered the cities into castes based off intelligence, skill, and strength, and that assured that each human resource was used wisely and efficiently.

Turning his attention away from the surface of the plane, he cast his form high into the air and concentrated on what would become the seat of his power, invoking a demiplane to hang in a perfect sphere above the lands of his followers. A wave of divine energy expanded like a flash into the emptiness, and suddenly the twisting fog of possibility congealed and hardened into miles and miles of pure white, marble architecture. Terraces, archways, columns, and corridors piled higher and higher upon each other until all that can be seen in any direction is an endless concourse of ashen stone. Enclosed by a high, vaulting ceiling of incredible vastness, The Marble Reaches is an eldritch combination of courthouse, library, audience chamber, and terminus. As Aldrinach felt the power of his domain wash through him, he watched with some small measure of pleasure as beings began to appear from the air, clockwork clerks and soldiers who immediately began to attend their newly-birthed duties. The air was suffused with a gentle, cool light that seemed to radiate from the construction of the Reaches itself. Convinced that his stronghold was serviceable, he vanished again.

With another innocous shimmer, he appeared in the shadowy home of Erothayce, and called out to his brother in purpose.

"I crave an audience. It would be good for us to work together for the souls of these mortals."

1 major act to create The Marble Reaches, Alrinach's demiplane domain.Inside its untold vastness is contains audience chambers, courtrooms, libraries, offices, and miles and miles of hallway. Bridges crisscross the vast divide in the center of the realm, but the distance between any two given points is still likely to be a number of miles by foot. Few but Alrinach himself know the multitude of pathes through the Reaches. Everything in The Marble Reaches is made of the same pearly-white, ornately carved stone.

1 major act to create his construct servants and soldiers, Inevitable Kolyaruts and Maruts. Will retcon if that's beyond the scope of one act

Erothayce
2008-09-14, 11:52 PM
Erothayce

What is it you wish to speak with me about brother? Something I don't know about? Hard for me to accept that. Or is it something I do know of? Time perhaps? The knowledge of the universe in all it's vastness? Or do you come to speak of the dead souls over which I have claimed stewardship to see where they shall wind up? Look I even have these nifty scales to balance their souls again the deeds they have done and this sends them to where they belong. No being, and I mean NO being can tamper with the neutrality of this artifact. SO is that what you wish to speak of brother? Or is it something else?"

As he is saying this he is idly creating creatures out of the shadows that appear for a few seconds then disappear. They resemble all the races on the planet.

Virgo
2008-09-15, 12:08 AM
Alrinach

Alrinach looked at the races, formed of wavering mist, and passed a white hand through the human figure. He turned to Erothayce.

"You, time, I, fate, we, souls. It seems you and I will be talking much. Your scales please me. They are good, and I approve that they are a tool of Law. But they are...", he walked away a few steps, seeking the right word, then turned back. "Blunt. I propose to you a deal, brother. You take dominion over the souls of those who die peacefully, of natural means. I will sort and manage the souls of those who die in violence, or who have given their souls by contract to another being."

Erothayce
2008-09-15, 12:15 AM
Erothayce

"I can agree to this brother. Is there a way we can have it formally done? I shall leave my realm open to you because I consider you a friend. Feel free to stop by and we shall speak of anything."

ArlEammon
2008-09-15, 12:19 AM
Saradinus sat down, reading his artifact and decided upon something. On the people he had given the Supernal magics, he cast spells from the Book, no mere magic from a master of wizards, but a Grand Spell. Saradinus enchanted the life forces of his followers, enhancing the Grand Spell with his alteration of reality, and his spells of desire(a wish spell). Saradinus enhanced his people with these various spells, and his power over reality to ascend to a greater level upon death.

Rather than to go to the Underworld, they would be absorbed into Saradinus'es very soul. Saradinus then had his Avatar aid him in securing the boarders of his land through mighty enchantments to ward the people off from invaders. Impregnable were the borders of the lands of Saradinus. Fortresses appearing to be crafted into the rocks, as well as enchanted plant creatures, obedient to Saradinus and helpful to the people of the realm populated the forests around the nation.(Major Act)

Fan
2008-09-15, 12:26 AM
Baldier had long ago descended to care for his peoples the dark templar. Who although a new race in the old world had floruished mightily for the short amount of time they had been there. thus he sent an avatar down made in his own image declaring him god of their peoples, and the portecterate of their race for eternity.

"The time has come my peoples for progress. I sent down to you a great crystal from the heavens it pulsated with a dark purple energy, and granted intellegence to those near it. This artifact of my creation is meant to be used to further the goals of all peoples who wish for progress, and peace before violence. Let it e known that on this day the god Baldier came to you all in avatar form, and that I'am your protector, and your greatest ally in your houtr of greatest need!"

Virgo
2008-09-15, 12:35 AM
Alrinach

Alrinach nodded in agreement with Erothayce, and summoned from his realm two slabs of opalescent stone, inscribed with Lawful runes that spelled out the deal the two had just made. With a touch of his finger he left his sigil on each, a humanoid heart in the clutches of a skeletal hand. He let Erothayce do the same, then sent one back to his own realm.
"These will be the markers of our Compact, and we shall each aid the other against those who would seek to claim our rightful propertiy as their own. Well met, brother."

With the lightest displacement of shadow, he vanished.

Erothayce
2008-09-15, 12:44 AM
Erothayce

"That was most agreeable. Now I shall check on my followers."

Erothayce created a scrying portal out of shadow to view what was happening through his avatars eyes. All seemed to be going well with the education of his followers. Soon he would be able to recall his avatar and send him to other matters.

Fan
2008-09-15, 12:50 AM
Baldier

Baldier sat on his chair of iron, and thought "Surely someone must share my interests in furthering my peoples through study, and dilligence rather than through war, and pillaging.... wait there was that wizard; perhaps he will share my interests."
So he attempted to open a private telepathic channel with the god Saradinus
"Greetings I'm Baldier, and I wish to speak with you."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-09-15, 12:52 AM
Gargax

Coming to his people in the dead of night, he appeared as a massive wraith, a huge black shadow. Noone saw him as he flitted from shadow to shadow, until finally he reached the rough center of their village. Retrieving the Corrupted Dagger from the folds of his being, he raised it high and thrust it deep into the earth.

The Dagger would draw the souls of the departed, and would raise the dead for miles (that doesn't mean all the dead within miles will get up and walk around, just that for miles there will be dead rising) The Dagger would seep through the land, changing it and its people to better take their new place in the world.

It would also teach them the Art. It would enhance the magic, especially dark magics like Necromancy, and would draw the Art within itself, slowly spreading it to the people surrounding it. To help speed the process and assure the acceptance of his act, he appeared in the dreams of the great leaders of the Ensi who followed him, and told them of different paths to immortality, secretly providing them with arcane books in the night, and teaching them how to cast spells during their sleep.

With this he came to the Shadows outside of his peoples area, a great shadow among many great shadows, and watched.

OOC:
Would you count that as a major act?

LongVin
2008-09-15, 09:07 AM
Severus

Severus was pleased, the crafty Dark Elves were establishing their holdings and forging for them a society where the strong ruled and the weak served. They were already now expanding outwards ever slowly, exploring new tunnels and new routes. Their numbers were likewise growing. The wizards worked to craft new spells of great displays of power and clerics prayed to him for similar powers. All was well.

It was now time to create a realm just for Severus himself and the departed souls of the Drow and any other followers he may garner. Concentrating deeply on the emptiness that existed, he brought forth a new plane of existance. Lightless, and vast caverns and tunnels stretched for miles in every direction. Some went to nowhere, others connected to each other and to the caverns and others still created portals to the material plane deep underground or in caves nearer to the surface around mountains and other rocky areas. This place would be known as the Eternal Night, seat of Severus's powers.

1 major creation act to create a new plane

Kaiser Omnik
2008-09-15, 09:47 AM
Lord_Asmodeus: I think it should count as a major act, yes.
Everyone else: Everything seems fine.

Slamexo
2008-09-15, 10:38 AM
Lupin

Seeing the people start to adapt to his new woodland that spread for miles on end, Lupin decided that it was time to start cultivating civilziation the way it should be.

Picking a human out at random, Lupin visited him mentally whilst he dreamt, and commanded him to lead the people of the forests to live under four laws:

Any meaningless destruction of nature is strictly forbidden
Metals brought into this land will be sent straight back out, including anyone carrying them
Any magic not granted by myself or another deity is strictly forbidden
Meaningless ending to natural life is strictly forbidden

In order to help the man spread his word, Lupin dropped down the necklace made from his own teeth to imbue him with his divine might, as well as creating a wolf in his own image and strength as a testemant to the sincerity of his picked out human, and a way for him to deal with anyone who dared question his laws. He also told the man that the land he lived in was called The Great Woods, and that everyone else should call it as such.

Finally, before he finished up for the day, Lupin set it upon himself to go to the middle point of the lands, and sprung an oak that towered high into the skies. This would be the capital of his lands, and a place where nature is second in divinity only to his words.

Smiley_
2008-09-15, 11:00 AM
Ikassi

She let her people manage their own affairs for the most part. She was pleased with them. When she checked their progress, they had departed even further from the flow of the arcane.

Even the weakest of the Myrmici became strong and cunning. Their wit had been sharpened with the lack of the magical arts. They crafted beautiful art and powerful tools.

Their rituals were most interesting. The dead of higher standing buried to return to the earth, but for the most part, those who died were eaten and their bones, flesh and hard chiton were shaped into tools for hunting and even instruments of music. There were no clerics. Each of the Myrmici knew that they owed their well being to the earth and they paid homage to it.

Soon, it would be time for some of her children to leave the desert to explore new lands, sharing their art. The stone goddess noticed the other gods preparing for an attack it seemed by securing the borders with great acts of creation. No, it was not her place to do that. She would let her children decide if they were to live freely or to seclude themselves from the world.

She decided to seek an audience with the Twin Goddess Polaris She had nurtured her people well. Ikassi burrowed under the earth and made her way to the realm of the Twin Goddess.

puppyavenger
2008-09-15, 11:12 AM
Cellis

looking down on the settlement of Ensi, he pondered, yes, these will make fine servants.

With that he looked down on them and weaved their minds together, creating a hive mind that was the sum of the parts. He changes them, making them more heavyset, and covered in chitin-armor. They had as many duplicate vital organs as possible, but no vocal cords. Their chitin was colored black.

Finally, he created a way to force the life force onto reality, changing the world in exchange for some of their life. for a few years the could subsume a creature into the Mind, and more for more powerful effects.

He gave himself power over the new creation, and imbued himself with it.

major act, creation of race
major act creation of bio magic
major act, gain bio magic domain.

Bleedingblade
2008-09-15, 11:28 AM
Mavil

Mavil takes a moment a relizes he is incased in fire before he hears a voice. He now relizes he is embedded with power. He looks around and gauges the other 14 gods, especially the psuedragon. Slightly baffled from the explanation, he starts to scracth his head. You mean here we have power higher than that of a mortal?"

(OOC)"Sorry I was away busy weekend

Silverkiss
2008-09-15, 11:36 AM
Polaris, to Cyrus

The Twin Princess bows back to the Smith, acknowledging her fellow god.

"Thank you, Cyrus the Smith. You are very kind. I am only doing what I think is best for my people."

The Twin Princess looks to her people once again, and is happy to see that they are growing, and have even already discovered the many uses of magic through the prophets inspired by her. With a smile, she turned to Cyrus again.

"So, do you have something else to say ? I don't want to be rude, but I sense another of our divine comrades aproaching, and I must welcome her to my domains." - Saying this, the Twin Princess remembers she has no home yet, and that she will have to create something when the other gods leave her domains.

Erothayce
2008-09-15, 12:20 PM
Erothayce

Looking through his avatars eyes Erothayce was glad to see the teaching had been done and that his followers would continue on the tradition of learning and scholarly interest. To make sure the search for knowledge and understanding continued Erothayce magically imbued into his followers a driving thirst for knowledge that sent them all over the world looking for new ideas and experiences and other things of that ilk. In addition he gave them a small amount of control over time to defend themselves with. The control came with a price though. It was only usable once a day and after the use they were heavily exhausted.

One major act to give wanderlust and time control. I now have no more major acts.

ArlEammon
2008-09-15, 12:57 PM
The Avatar Wiseman of Saradinus began to instruct the people ways they could merge with Saradinus'es mind. As it stands the souls of the dead migrated to Eurothrayce or another god of death. Devotion towards Saradinus, swearing an oath to be on Saradinus'es side in this life, would allow the Grand Spells from the Book of Saradinus, to allow them to ascend into Saradinus'es mind.(I think that Omnik said that if they were devout they could go to me.)

Virgo
2008-09-15, 01:24 PM
Alrinach

Alrinach walked the length of his audience chamber, seating himself on the great white, hewn chair at the end of the hall. Focusing his energy, he invoked an orb into being, and set it high in the air above the chasm that reached down the middle of The Marble Reaches. Suiting it to its purpose with a final flicker of divine energy, it began to glow a steely blue, and the faint sound of hymns filled the still air. No sooner had the soft song begun than ghostly figures began to float from the various archways and were directed by the clockwork servants of Order into various courtrooms and hearing chambers. Just as rapidly, they emerged adain, and formed an eerie waterfall of souls to the lower leves and the upper leves of the reaches as they began their afterlife. Every so often, a soul would emerge from it's trail and vanish peacefully, returned to the realm of its own god.

Alrinach looked upon this, and was pleased. He opened his mouth and spoke, his words reaching across the vast abysses of space and dimensions, addressing all the Gods.

"I have been set above all those souls who die in violence, or those who promise themselves to another great power upon their deaths. Although you will find that the most faithful of your followers will be remitted unto your care, I shall be the Keeper of the rest of the flock. Should you desire to forge additional agreements, I would be honored by your presence in my realm."

Feeling a gulf in the flow of souls, Arinach redoubled his energies into the sphere and sent a command racing through the air to his servants. He could feel... something... in the lands of Gargax.

In a shadowy village far away, a gleaming humaniod made of gold clockwork and garbed in an impeccable white robe appeared from the air and looked down impassivly at the dagger plunged into the ground at its feet. With the quiet hum of gears it spoke to the darkness.

"I, Aequitum, prelate of the Lord Alrinach, Judge of Souls and Arbiter of Fate, do formally seek and audience with the Lord Skeleton, Gargax the Ancient."

My final major act to create an inexorable beacon for the souls of the fallen.

Erothayce
2008-09-15, 01:36 PM
Erothayce

Hearing the broadcast Erothayce feels he must make clear his part in this agreement and inform the others of his part. So in copycat fashion Erothayce sends a message out to all the gods as well,

"I am he who has been set above all other souls not killed in mortal combat or who have given themselves over to another. Your faithful will go to you as is right. I welcome you all to ask me any questions you have."

After finishing Erothayce summons his avatar back to him. "How well do you believe my followers are prepared for the world?"

"I believe they can handle anything that is thrown at them."

"Good, it gladdens me to hear that. Now you may go of and do as you will. I will call you if and when I need you." Erothayce says as he turns away to gaze at the souls wandering among his vast plane. "They should places to relax and enjoy their afterlife. I shall craft it for them." So saying he crafted a portion of his plane into a giant castle so the souls could entertain themselves.

Fan
2008-09-15, 02:16 PM
Baldier looked down at his peoples, and smiled. They were fourishing well with the benift of the nexus granting thme intellegence with which to fcontemplate, and power with which to defend themselves against the harsh wilds. Yet he had been pleased with the results of his conversation with Sardiouns last night, and he had a plan. His people had recently dsicovered iron working, and had made great weapon out of this new harder material, and this had brought about a new approach to psionics albiet an odd one his peoples called the physic warrior a being who wieled both rigtousness of mind, and cunning with a blade. While Blaider thought this was an odd develop-ment he was far from displeased with them, and as a reward he took the wisest, and most intellegent of their large tribe, and sent them to act as emmisaries to Sardoiunius people.

Then turning back to his people he saw them amenting the dead, and burying them as well as preforming rites to guide the spirts of the dead. So baldier took a piece of the shadow, and he made it into a ever strecthing field dotted with magnificent manors, and creatures of the finest beauty ever beheld in the eyes of any of Baldiers faithful.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-09-15, 02:49 PM
Gargax

Not wishing to drive his own followers to madness, Gargax snatched one of the more powerful spirits floating around the giant dagger. Taking it he learned that its name in life had been Sarias, he infused the spirit with his divine fires of immortality, and molded it into a dread visage. It would be of a bluish caste, and would be incorporeal unless he wished to be of a physical nature, in either case he would appear as a ghostlike form, with holes for eyes and a warped tear in the fabric of its being as a mouth but an otherwise mostly shapeless form, with no legs and two long arms that end with hands ending with claws, though even this is so vague as to be a suggestion upon its form. In the eyes and the mouth there seemed an endless abyss with a small blue flame at the in the distance, but bright enough to glow like candle-lights out of his gaping eyes and mouth. He dubbed Sarias The Ethereal. He sent it to speak with the messenger of Alrinach

I am The Ethereal. I speak for The Ancient.

Smiley_
2008-09-15, 03:31 PM
Ikassi

When she came to the realm of Polaris, Ikassi took the form of a tall Myrmici clad in a rough hide cloak decorated with shards of colored glass.

I see you have led your people well, goddes of the sun and moon. But enough observartion, you are probably wondering why I am here.

She paused for a moment, surveying the land.

I have listened to the earth, and I have heard much. Many of the other gods are isolating their people, errecting great barriers and fortresses as if waiting for doom to come. That is why I have decided to approach you first.

I wish for my people to explore the world, but I must be sure that I am not sending them to their deaths. I believe our peoples may learn much from each other. The Myrmici have much to offer in the ways of understanding the earth. I believe they will help your people use the land to it's fullest potential. I believe your people may have something to teach mine as well.

ArlEammon
2008-09-15, 03:35 PM
Baldier looked down at his peoples, and smiled. They were fourishing well with the benift of the nexus granting thme intellegence with which to fcontemplate, and power with which to defend themselves against the harsh wilds. Yet he had been pleased with the results of his conversation with Sardiouns last night, and he had a plan. His people had recently dsicovered iron working, and had made great weapon out of this new harder material, and this had brought about a new approach to psionics albiet an odd one his peoples called the physic warrior a being who wieled both rigtousness of mind, and cunning with a blade. While Blaider thought this was an odd develop-ment he was far from displeased with them, and as a reward he took the wisest, and most intellegent of their large tribe, and sent them to act as emmisaries to Sardoiunius people.

Then turning back to his people he saw them amenting the dead, and burying them as well as preforming rites to guide the spirts of the dead. So baldier took a piece of the shadow, and he made it into a ever strecthing field dotted with magnificent manors, and creatures of the finest beauty ever beheld in the eyes of any of Baldiers faithful.

Saradinus'es Avatar, Myrokhan met with the people of Baldier. "I think that we should coordinate our plans for treaty. The people across the sea, your people, are of importance to us. We would be honored to learn your crafts and teach you ours."

Fan
2008-09-15, 03:38 PM
The leader of the Protissian (if thats right.) tribe Gransader came forward he was an aged Protoss, and hs scaley skin had logn ago lost the luster that the younger ones possessed; yet his eyes bruned with the strength of a roaring wildifre, and you could tell he was a well learned man as he spoke.
"My name is Gransader I'am the high preist of Baldier, and leader of the Protoss. we would be honored to trade with a fellow race of learning, and develop peaceful relations."

Erothayce
2008-09-15, 03:41 PM
Erothayce

Erothayce watched his followers spread across the world and took delight in their learning and experiencing life and the universe. They had met all of the races on the planet and learned of them.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-09-15, 03:50 PM
Gargax

The Ensi of Gargax's following had changed over time. Their chitin were darker shades, with Black and Dark Red, particularly the shade of gore being common. They now had grown carapaces, that while not covering nearly as much as Ikassi's people, further protected the Ensi from harm, this carapace had the sheen of the Ensi's black blood. Their flesh now too took on new color, it carried many shades, but most common were the pallor of dead flesh, the color of a darkened and dead sky, and a porcelain white. Their long antennae grew, and they now sported mandibles on their faces that were cruel and predatory, and their multi-faceted eyes glistened black. Now they not only had a connection with other Ensi, but with the dead, able to feel the bodies and spirits of the deceased with their antennae. Their carapaces now covered their backs, black and shiny like a beetles. The people were more gaunt, with longer limbs and bonier faces.

Slamexo
2008-09-15, 04:00 PM
Lupin

Lying in an open field in a secluded part of The Great Woods, Lupin started to watch the clouds go by above him, wondering of the conditions of the other deities.

His own people were getting along well; following his laws and dealing with those who refused, but they weren't really meeting anyone else. Sure the trees covered many, many different tribes, and more than a dozen different cultures had sprung up with the trees and buds, but his people were very to themselves. How would they expand their minds beyond the trees and the plants and spread their message if they didn't try to meet others?

Deciding it was time for a change, Lupin revisited the man who had sent with his divine creed to lead an envoy in visit of the other lands. He sent his avatar with him to provide protection from hostile sources, but other than that Lupin was just curiuos to see what would happen if his people mingled with the offspring of those other, much more unrealistic detiies. Magic, hah!

Still, just setting his people to do all the exploring wouldn't be much fun. So, not having much else to do at the time, Lupin sprinted at supernatural speeds across the land to the realm of Cellis. Seeing his own minions roaming the lands gave Lupin a sense of curiousity for what these people were like; however, first he'd decide to find an audience with their creator. Arriving outside his domain, Lupin called out to him.

"You're known as Cellis right? Lupin here; thought that I'd stop by and say hello, since I haven't seen anyone since we got down here! Mind if come in?"

The Laughing Wolf waited for his response, though with a slight impatience that always surrounded him.

ArlEammon
2008-09-15, 04:18 PM
The leader of the Protissian (if thats right.) tribe Gransader came forward he was an aged Protoss, and hs scaley skin had logn ago lost the luster that the younger ones possessed; yet his eyes bruned with the strength of a roaring wildifre, and you could tell he was a well learned man as he spoke.
"My name is Gransader I'am the high preist of Baldier, and leader of the Protoss. we would be honored to trade with a fellow race of learning, and develop peaceful relations."

Saradinus and Baldier

"Of course. In fact, I will allow a small settlement on one of our islands for you to settle as guests. Please, some of you stay, and we shall be able to more accurately learn of eachother." After the meeting Saradinus began to siphon off somethng very important from the air in his realm. The incantation was cast very mightily, and he apparently looked to be putting genuine effort into his creation, whatever it was. Finally, after hours.... He had managed to complete the spell, acquiring power over dragons."
(Major Act : Acquire New Domain : Dragon)

LongVin
2008-09-15, 04:22 PM
Severus to Alrinach

Receiving the summons he did not like the announcement one bit. Drow souls were his and only his! This would need to be corrected quickly and immediately.

Severus sends the following message to Alrinach:

"I do not like the thought that my Drow children being sent to your realm upon their death in the glorious field of battle. I would like to propose an offer to you that all those my children kill whose deaths are not in honor of me or a sacrifice to me shall be freely offered to you to do as you please with them."

puppyavenger
2008-09-15, 05:11 PM
Greeting the messenger was one of the enlightened, as The Mind had decided to call itself. Greetings, We speak for Cellis, you are welcome to come in. We would love to open negotiations with a fellow power.

The body led the Messenger inside the largest Valley the Enlightened inhabited. all the available ground was farmed or used as tunnel entrances or dwellings. The mountains were terraced with farms or houses on each level. Most of the Bodies seemed to be farming or carrying materials, and here and their were beasts that had been subsumed into the Mind. About a dozen corpses were left lying in the field, some beasts, but mostly ensi, bodies worked to death or crumbled almost to dust from biomagic. children were seen working, but they had a significantly lower workload, so as not to endanger them.

How are you? You are the first visitor We've had except for a few of the Time Shifter, and the did not stay long. If you wish to speak with Cellis, you must wait a minute.

Cellis, meanwhile, was in another part of the mountains, far away from the settlement. he had decided he needed some more brawny servants, so he had decided to make some.

first he found a giant ant colony, moving to the queen unhindered because of his power over insects, he laid his hand on her and changed her, he gave her sapience and great strength, two things that would be passed down her line, along with his ability to destroy them ,and their reproductive ability that was great even for an ant breeder. He also gave her some mind control abilities over other insects.

speaking to her Greetings, young one, I have awakened you from savagery, and given you power, so that you may be my servant. You shall expand and grow numerous, and when I call upon you for a service at any point or any time ,you or you descendants will answer, or I will take the gift away.

With that he left the colony to grow and flew back to greet the messenger Greetings, how may I help you?

minor act to create super-ant

Slamexo
2008-09-15, 05:33 PM
Lupin

Snickering whilst he listened to Cellis' secretaries greet him and then Cellis himself, the mistaken identity was quite humourous to the wolf.
"I think there's been a little bit of a misunderstanding; I'm no messenger, I'm Lupin himself. Well, I'm not the real, real Lupin, just a projection for the sake of the mortals here, but even so you should probably know that."

Now that he'd corrected their mistake, he could get down to business:
"It's a nice place you've made for yourself here; I can see all your whatever you call them are working along quite well, looks like a nice community. Was just stopping by to see what the other gods were getting up to, but since you've made such a nice place for yourself here, maybe our two communities should get to know each other a little better?"

The wolf gave Cellis a slightly more serious look, though still with a friendly grin.

Silverkiss
2008-09-15, 05:43 PM
Polaris, to Ikassi

"Greetings, Earth Mother. Yes, I have seen the other gods' attitude, and I don't like what I saw. They are choosing a very bad path for their people, the path of war and destruction."

The Twin Princess looks dreamingly to the horizon, as if trying to see the other gods.

"Your people will always be welcome in my domains, and I would love if they teached my followers their arts. However, I'm afraid my people doesn't have much knowledge to give to yours, at least for now."

puppyavenger
2008-09-15, 05:54 PM
Cellis to Lupin

Ah, I'm sorry for the mistake, my people have a hard time differentiating between individuals anyway

I would love to forge a stronger relationship. Do you have anything you would wish to trade? and an alliance would be very welcome.

Smiley_
2008-09-15, 05:56 PM
Ikassi

The earth mother smiled smiled at Polaris.
Worry not. All of the peoples of this planet have something to offer, whether or not it has yet been realized.

Your people likewise will be welcome in the desert. There are no landmarks to go by and travelers may get lost easily. Teach your people the stellar constellations well, for the stars never shift as the sand does.

She sighed deeply.

I must see to my people. I hope that we meet again soon.
--

A servant of Erothayce trekked through the dunes of the realm of Ikassi. It was not he who found the desert dwelling Myrmici, but the other way around.

They were alien in appearance, but were by no means hostile to the traveler. They saw no reason to be, as they had not yet known war. They showed him the ways of the desert folk, mostly through hand gestures. The traveler saw the evening pastimes and was the first outsider to see the Myrmicis' art of friendly competitive sparing without weapons, an elegant style of martial combat.

When he left, they gave him gifts of glass and chitin from some of their dead.

Silverkiss
2008-09-15, 06:04 PM
Polaris

The Twin Princess watched as the Earth Mother dissapeared, going back to her people. That reminded her of her own people, and she turned her eyes back to the now growing city. Descending invisible to the streets, the Twin Princess watched as the temple, which she created so small, was now a huge building of unspoken beauty. She smiled in joy, seeing that her people was expanding and creating a great city.

The Twin Princess rushed to the Twilight Temple, as it was called; to it's innermost sanctum. There, behind the most holy altar where the Tablet rested, the Twin Princess created a special door. This door could only be accessed by the most devout, and led to the Twilight Goddess' home, a Demiplane where she had an enormous castle, full of spirit-servants. There she would instruct her great priests and the noblest of warriors of her cause, and would also receive the souls of those so devout that they wished to stay near her even after death.

Sitting on her throne, the Twin Princess concentrated her will. The Earth Mother had talked about the stars, and that lighted a desire in the Princess' heart. With the power of thought, the Twin Princess called unto herself the power of the stars, and also passed it to her people.

Major Creation act used to create demiplane, and another act used to give herself the Star domain. Now, no Major Acts left.

Virgo
2008-09-15, 06:17 PM
Alrinach

Aequitum watched impassively as Gargax transmuted a soul into his servant. Inclining its head in greeting, its gears whirred delicately again as it spoke.
"My Lord wishes to discuss matters of the right of the divine posession of souls, pursuant to the agreement between himself and the other arbiter. However, it would be his pleasure to have your lord Gargax draw a veil across this place, so that we may speak without observation or obstruction."

If you agree, Asmodeus, my response will be in PM form.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-09-15, 07:03 PM
Virgo, if that has an impact on play (if it's a pact between your gods, for example), I would like to have a copy of the PM. After all, you can't hide from the Overgod :smalltongue:

Virgo
2008-09-15, 07:18 PM
OOC:

Aequitum whirred again. "The many voices in my crazy clockwork head assure me that the Overgod will get a copy of our PMs... Whatever that means."

Then, in a firey burst of light, he was swallowed by an anachronism, and Alrinach *headdesk*'d.

pingcode20
2008-09-15, 07:58 PM
Liagyi-Nelek
Liagyi-Nelek listened to the announcement of Alrinach, and chose not to reply.

Instead, he passed the concept that those who drank deeply of the chalice would become blessed by the ocean and would return to its embrace, no matter the circumstances, while those who did not and were slain in violence or pact would be stolen away by another god.

But overall, he was content to allow the Men of the Sea to interact with the Men of the Deep without interference - save a little interference, here and there.

However, other peoples had begun to ply the seas without his approval, and with an act, the ocean revolted. Trade routes increased in danger a thousandfold, as the ocean's dangers came forth to strike down those who exploited it. Not even his own followers were spared in the open seas. They were expected to brave the seas by hardship and magic, to be tempered by the ocean.

To those who would listen, Liagyi-Nelek spoke.

"The Seas are not mere roads to be plied with reckless abandon. The mortals will no longer be allowed quarter to ply it without fear. In this regard I have acted impartially against all mortals."

He spoke nothing to his followers - the magics used to petition the oceans were not revoked, and for those ships who carried upon them a practitioner would be far more capable of plying the seas, but many would be lost to the deep all the same.

He did not go forth to consult with other gods to negotiate for trade routes. The mortals were not beholden to the gods - indeed, quite the opposite. They would do what they wished. In time, Oceanomancy would spread across the world, but the tradition would be passed on with reverence to his domain - it was entwined within the rituals themselves. Nonetheless, he did not grant the power; it was the magic of the rituals themselves that conducted it. He did not sponsor a traditional 'divine' priesthood - only the Oceanomancers. So much so that those who tried to worship him for spells gained nothing.

He remembered the fate of the last gods who came upon the land, and he knew that the combination of gods would eventually destroy the lot of them - including himself - and he intended to forge an empire that wouldn't so much as faze them. The Arcane in the guise of the Divine, bringing forth a race that worshipped him but did not know of his personal existence, all this was to ensure that in his inevitable fall, there would be no backlash, at least for his people.

OOC
Greater Miracle within Ocean domain: Deadly Seas.

Heavy Storms now frequent at Sea, Monsters of the Deep now attack shipping.

Ocean travel no longer viable without practitioners of Oceanomancy. Ocean travel is still dangerous with Oceanomancy.

Ipphli
2008-09-15, 09:27 PM
Cyrus

Cyrus bows at Polaris' dismissal and returns to his own people. He was pleased to see they loved to craft as much as he; already they were creating beautiful art, as well as wonderous works at the forge. Taking his hammer Worldforger, Cyrus sent it to the wisest and most skilled of the ogre through his avatar. "This is Worldforger, the hammer of Cyrus himself. Take it in the knowledge that you are his most favored and thus have been designated the leader of the ogres. Act in their best interest, and you and your people will prosper. Now you should encourage the ogres to travel and see more of the world. Meet the other races and learn from them, and teach them what you can."

Seeing the others granting magics to their people, and seemingly preparing for war, Cyrus frowned. While great craftsman, his people needed a magic of their own to defend themselves with. And so Cyrus appeared to several of the most devout and skilled of his people and showed them the art of runecraft. He showed them how anything they or their people made could be enhanced and strengthened by carving these runes into it, as well as spells cast by drawing the runes in the air or on the ground.

Pleased with his work, Cyrus began contemplating what else he could do to better the lot of his people...

One Major act to creat Rune magic

ArlEammon
2008-09-15, 09:39 PM
Saradinus, then cut himself, and from his blood upon the soil, lizardlike creatures crawled out. In time they would become great dragons. Saradinus cast the spells from his great Book of Saradinus..... The spells gave the dragons powerful resistances to all things non-good, non-magical, and non-living. At the same time, the breath that would come from these dragons were given incredible power.

The dragons could choose to breath, magical mists, that could clear anti-magic zones. These were Saradinus'es secret weapons incase of an anti-magic invasion from a foreign power. The Book of Saradinus was utilized to enchant both the land and the air around the nation. Those seeking to enter Saradinus'es nation with evil intent were turned away.

Virgo
2008-09-15, 10:27 PM
Alrinach

Alrinach registered Liagyi-Nelek's comments with no particular emotion, though it did give him cause to whisper across planes to Erothayce.

"Death in a storm at sea. Is that violent, brother? Perhaps we ought to amend our agreement: any premature death is mine, and those contented souls who weather the years to old age are yours."

Simultaneously, he sent another of his emissaries flashing through space, content to stay in his sanctuary and and watch over the burgeoning civilization of his children far below as they discovered masonry and attenmped to emulate the abode of their lord. With a flick of his fingertips, a polt of white energy flew down and hit the original tablet he had left, sinking one further law into the stone: "Those who no longer perform valuable service to society will be sacrified to Me, such that I may guard their souls forever."

Far away, another gleaming clockwork figure appeared in the subterranean throne room of Severus, and bowed low, its white garments staying unsullied even as they scraped the ground.

"My designation is Veritia, prelate to the Lord Alrinach. He acknowleges your discontent, but desires further clarification of your terms, such that future dissent may be avoided."

"As it is His right already to claim the souls of those who fall to your soldiers skilled swordsmanship, He proposes that some of your people join His great city, Alomarra, and tutor the populace in the arcane ways of your art of magic. In exchange, the souls of your warriors will be returned unto you for your care and reward, save the souls of those die outside of combat, or others of your people who perish prematurely. In addition, your soldiers may dedicate no more than 25% of those they kill in battle to your name, whose souls will be remitted to you as reward, except in such a case that their soul is already dedicated, through prior means, to another being."

Veritia extended a golden stylus, and a sheaf of parchment enumerating the above appered with a flash and hung in the air.

"My Lord is, as ever, open to a counter-offer."

ArlEammon
2008-09-15, 10:32 PM
Saradinus called upon Eurothrayce to discuss the possession of souls. The Book of Saradinus opened and Saradinus casted. "Eurothrayce, I desire to discuss the provision of these people of mine to you. It is of great interest we come to some kind of conclusion."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-09-15, 11:27 PM
Gargax

My Lord... Agrees spoke the shifting ethereal creature, before the great shadow rose up and moved his hand in a forceful gesture, as if pushing someone aside. Suddenly, an area was shrouded in darkness and secrecy. Gargax came to this place and spoke to the messenger. What would the Law-God ask of me?

Erothayce
2008-09-15, 11:37 PM
Erothayce

Hearing Alrinachs's proposal Erothayce was displeased, "Why does he wish more? For power or something else?" Sending a message to Alrinach Erothayce said, "I am quite content with how our agreement is at this time. I have no desire to change it."

Hearing another god speaking to him Erothayce responded, "I invite you here to discuss the souls of your people."

Virgo
2008-09-15, 11:49 PM
Alrinach

Alrinach nodded at Erothayce's rebuttal. "Very well brother. Until we speak again."

ArlEammon
2008-09-16, 12:01 AM
Erothayce

Hearing Alrinachs's proposal Erothayce was displeased, "Why does he wish more? For power or something else?" Sending a message to Alrinach Erothayce said, "I am quite content with how our agreement is at this time. I have no desire to change it."

Hearing another god speaking to him Erothayce responded, "I invite you here to discuss the souls of your people."

"I have given my people the means to enter into the world of my mind upon death. I propose that those who have forsaken the Path of Light may enter into your world, while I possess those who have furthered the causes of life and righteousness. I have also made two great reptillian creatures called dragons. May I keep the dragon folk? For now, there are but two, and they will seldom grow very numerous."

Erothayce
2008-09-16, 12:08 AM
Erothayce

"I am agreeable to this course of action. Is there any special thing you need signed or can we agree in words. I am fine with either."

ArlEammon
2008-09-16, 12:31 AM
Erothayce

"I am agreeable to this course of action. Is there any special thing you need signed or can we agree in words. I am fine with either."

"A contract is fine, yes."

pingcode20
2008-09-16, 08:10 AM
Liagyi-Nelek
Liagyi-Nelek stood upon the waves, and stretched out his arms, breathing deep.

Alrinach was tightening his grip upon the souls of the dead, ensnaring them without lien upon them.

He would have to keep an eye upon the doings of the two self-styled 'Arbiters'. He hoped Erothayce would assert his own dominion further, lest he be left powerless in the face of Alrinach's attempts at seizing further souls.

But the world of the gods depressed him. It was time, perhaps, to tour the world of the living, to see how he might best act in the next age. He wrapped himself in the guise of a mortal, and decided to plan how best to traverse the world.

First, he would need to check in on the Oceanomancers, make sure they weren't doing anything foolish. In fact, perhaps it would do him well to undergo initiation and become a fully fledged Oceanomancer - there was little harm in doing so, and it would test them well.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-09-16, 09:14 AM
Cyrus noticed a band of small, sturdy humanoids entering his land. Their skin looked as if it was made of stone and some of their body parts seemed to have been grafted onto them. They were still far away from ogre settlements when the god saw them. While they were armed, they didn't act like a raiding party.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-09-16, 09:17 AM
The pseudodragon Calix explained to Mavil what were his new powers as a god and sent him down to the planet with the others.

Ipphli
2008-09-16, 09:20 AM
Cyrus

Intrigued by this band of creatures, Cyrus assumed the shape of an ogre and went down to meet them. Walking towards them, he stops just within sight and waits. Once they are close enough to speak to, he calls out. "Greetings! You are new to these lands are you not? I've not met your kind before."

Kaiser Omnik
2008-09-16, 09:49 AM
The Dvergar studied the stranger and then looked at each other. One of them took a few steps towards the god in disguise. Cyrus noticed that his mouth was sewn shut and that one of his eyes had been replaced by a diamond. A hole in his throat suddenly opened up. The dvergar spoke with a deep, somewhat disturbing voice:

"We are new here. We have no name. We are part of the Experiment. We live to serve the divine Engineer. But we are also interested in other species. What are you and whom do you serve?"

Ipphli
2008-09-16, 10:08 AM
Cyrus

Cyrus looked at the Dvergar in fascination. He thought he knew about crafting in all its forms, but this...this was wonderful and horrible at the same time. He raised his eyebrow at the Dvergar's words before answering himself. "I am an ogre, and I serve Cyrus the Smith, the god of our people. You say you serve the divine Engineer? I've not heard of him before. From what lands do you come from?"

Kaiser Omnik
2008-09-16, 10:30 AM
Another deep dwarf approached Cyrus. At first glance, it looked like he wore a hood over his head. In fact, the "hood" was an amorphous, leathery creature vaguely resembling a manta ray, with a long, slimy tail extending around his neck and even into his flesh.

"Our birthplace, the Valley of Genesis, is hidden from your kind. Our god Abaraxys made sure that no impure creature would enter his domain. We left the valley in order to make peace with our neighbours and establish trade relations. We also came here to offer you and your people the opportunity to join us and take part in the Experiment. Obviously, anyone willing to enter the valley must go through a cleansing ritual beforehand."

A third Dvergar showed Cyrus the symbol emblazoned on his shield: a severed hand gripping a mithral chain that drips blood.

Ipphli
2008-09-16, 10:47 AM
Cyrus

Cyrus studies the symbol for a moment before turning to the second Dvergar. "Join your experiment? And just what sort of experiment would that be? I tell you, I will not leave Cyrus' worship: he provides well for us."

Kaiser Omnik
2008-09-16, 11:03 AM
The Dvergar with the symbiote added:

"No mortal can understand the Grand Plan of our master and god. All we know is that we are the Experiment. We believe that the only purpose of life is to provide new data to the Engineer. To help him achieve his goal, we must evolve, transforming our bodies to become stronger, better.

Perhaps you will come to understand the importance of our mission. In the meantime, we would like to meet your people and discuss trade agreements. I'm sure we have a lot to learn from the ogres. We will pay homage to your god as appropriate."

Virgo
2008-09-16, 11:13 AM
Alrinach

From his throne, Alrinach noted with vague interest one of his companions interacting with strange, new creatures, and it gave him an idea.

Reaching down to his white city of Alomarra, he nudged along their understanding of currency, mercantile skills, and trade, as well as banking and bartering. Then he again amplified his voice across the plane and spoke to All the Gods.

"I cordially invite representatives of your people to Alomarra, so that we may discuss a free exchange of culture and knowledge, and forestall any hostilities that may occur through mutual understanding. You have my promise as a Lord of Law that your people will be treated with only the greatest welcome and hospitality by my children, and that they will use their services to facilitate a healthy trade of merchandise and knowledge."

LongVin
2008-09-16, 11:20 AM
Severus

As the Drow population began to grow scouting parties were sent out to the connecting tunnels trying to discern which would be the easiest to clear. Other parties were sent to the surface, riding lizards they quickly map out the area surrounding the tunnels leading to the surface mountains under the cover of night before retreating back to their lairs.

Dark Elves were never meant to do manual labor, the worst jobs were always left to servitor races. It was now time for his people to be gifted with a race of servants. They would have to be small so they could work their way into the tightest of spots to perform their tasks. Possessing average strength they would be able to work hard but would not become a threat to the Drow should they foolishly choose to revolt. They would need to be crafty and skillfull to dig through the tunnels and take part in building operations. And, finally they would need to reproduce rapidly as many would no doubt die in battle, accidently die or be killed by their masters.

Formed was a small reptillian humanoid, cowardly and sadistic, they possessed an equal amount of fear for their Dark Elvish masters as they did for their Dark Father Severus. Kobolds, as they would become known would serve as slaves for their miserable, often short existance. While the lion's share of the creatures went to the Dark Elves, Severus sprinkled tribes of them throughout the surface to serve as an ever present nuisance against the surface dwellers.

one major creation act to create Kobolds

Smiley_
2008-09-16, 11:21 AM
Ikassi

It was not long before the first Myrmici caravans came to Polaris's realm. With them, they brought agricultural techniques so that hidden water veins could be utilized for farming. They brought goods to trade and some of the desert folk continued to live in the grand cities.

Those who stayed, due to their strength and endurance, were especially adept laborers, though some became craftsmen or even musicians.

Ikassi saw this and was pleased. It was now time for her people to progress to the next stage of being. She imbued herself with the power of absolute balance and harmony of the body, mind and spirit and gave her people the chance to achieve this harmony with the physical. Only those who abandoned the supernatural or magic would be able to achieve this balance.

Second major act of creation. New Domain: Self.

She heard the call of Alrinach, and appeared in the dreams of one of her devout. An emissary would be sent forth to the white city.

puppyavenger
2008-09-16, 11:29 AM
Hearing the summons, Cellis turns to Lupin, excuse me and appears to the Enlightened, Send a ensi-body to the marble city, trade and diplomacy are being discussed.

turning back to Lupin now where were we?

An enlightened ensi, riding on a giant ant, arrived at the marble city. You said you wish to discuss trade, we are interested, so we came.

LongVin
2008-09-16, 11:31 AM
Severus

Severus did not trust the so-called good intentions of Alrinach but the lure of knowledge and new magical abilities were too great for Severus, he would most likely be able to find weaknesses he could exploit. Sending his Avatar to his city a small group of scholars is quickly put together and accompany the avatar of Severus to Alomarra so they could learn all they could about the surface dwellers and their magics.

Ipphli
2008-09-16, 11:45 AM
Cyrus

Cyrus listened to the Dvergar politely, then shrugged. "If its trade you seek, I am not the one you should be talking to. But I do not know that any of my people will join your Experiment, but good day to you nonetheless." With that, Cyrus walks away. Once out of sight, he assumes his regular form and goes to check on his ogres.

The ogres were becoming master craftsmen in several areas. Some of them had begun journeying afar and settling down in the lands of other people. Hearing Alrinach's summons, he smiles. Already a group of ogres was heading towards the White City to ply their wares and perhaps start a small community there. With everyone else there, the whole world would come to know the skill of the ogres, and thus come to know of Cyrus.

But still his people lacked something. Materials could be hard to come by for a such a large species as the ogres, especially mining. And so Cyrus took some stone and formed it into a short, powerful humanoid. Resembling the Dvergar without all of the 'modifications', they would come to be called dwarves. Setting them on a mountain near the ogres' capital city of Kovalis, they quickly set about digging into the mountain to form their own home. Cyrus sent an avatar in the form of an old dwarf to them to teach them what they would need to know. He also sent a dream to the chief of the ogres, telling him of the arrival of the dwarves and how they were to work together as equals. An emissary was quickly dispatched to the dwarves.

Pleased with his work, Cyrus decided to go and visit the White City and its creator for himself.

One major act to create dwarves

Kaiser Omnik
2008-09-16, 11:46 AM
Abaraxys

The Engineer sat in his domain, on a throne made of thorns. He listened calmly to Alrinach. He pondered the proposal and finally decided to send a mixed delegation to the White City, composed of genetically modified dvergar, giants and humans.

ArlEammon
2008-09-16, 11:48 AM
Saradinus

After the contract is done, Saradinus begins to seed the rocky border lands of the Island. The "natural" fortresses along the island were being populated by the people of the island by now. So, the Avatar was being sent to instruct the people the ways of warrior magicians(Minor Act).

At the same time Saradinus appeared in visions to the most gifted of the magicians of Teke, and directed the people to begin the new school of Conjurors. An academy was set up for curious magicians to learn. At the same time a curious development appeared. The living tree folk had begun to congregate in their own tribal forests.

Virgo
2008-09-16, 12:10 PM
Alrinach

As each of the delegations arrived in the white city, they were shown to well appointed apartments and offices that they woud have use of for as long as they cared to remain. Once everyone had arrived, all the emessaries (or, in some cases, Gods) were led to a vaulted marble hall that was dominated by a large round table, crafted by Alrinach for this express purpose. Already seated was a golden Kolyarut, similar in form to Veritia and Aequitum but taller and more elaboraly constructed, with fine filigree embellishments covering its body and delicate hands. It was garbed, in striking contrast to the sea of white around it, in a shimmering gold robe.

As the visitors arrived, it stood up and gestured for each to take a seat.

"Greetings, honored guests. I am Nemorensis, first in service to the Lord Alrinach. He welcomes all of you to Alomarra hopes that your accomidations are acceptable and to your liking. Servants here will bring you any refreshment you desire as we discuss our business."

"Namely, the forging of trade routes across this Continent. Each of you has a unique proclivity for a craft: mining, magic, crafting, the like. It is logical that an orderly exchange of these skills can only strengthen the bonds between our nations, and enchance the skills of our peoples further."

"As you doubtless recognized on your travels here, Alomarra is geographically convenient to most of this plane, and as such my Lord is pleased to offer the White City as a neutral space, one where trade may take place and business may be conducted without impediment. The people of this city are skilled lawers, clerks, and bankers, and may be retained to order and manage should you so choose."

"Naturally, as well, the Lord Alrinach would be pleased to accept the residence of your people in Alomarra, should any choose to remain or pilgrimage here to teach, learn, or trade."

Even if you didn't say that your delegation was on its way before I posted this, feel free to speak up. I left the number and race of delegates deliberately open.

So, what does your civilization have to contribute?

Also, if anyone feels the need, Alrinach will meet personally with you upon request.

ArlEammon
2008-09-16, 12:24 PM
Saradinus and Alrinach

Alrinach
Even if you didn't say that your delegation was on its way before I posted this, feel free to speak up. I left the number and race of delegates deliberately open.

So, what does your civilization have to contribute?

Also, if anyone feels the need, Alrinach will meet personally with you upon request.

Saradinus appeared before Alrinach through a mystic image. I would like to speak with you regarding this new contact between nations. It is most important, and I have something to say about it. ::Meanwhile, the supernalist wizards had begun to communicate with the rest of the delegation through crystals. Only a few delegates actually dared traverse the ocean with the help of oceanomancy.::

Kaiser Omnik
2008-09-16, 12:27 PM
A giant wrapped in a dark colored cloak stood up. Bony spikes emerged from his flesh.

"I have no name. I am simply referred as the Ambassador. I come from the distant Valley of Genesis, where our god Abaraxys reigns supreme. We come here to offer minerals, tools, medicines and, most importantly, the knowledge of grafting. In exchange, we would like to learn more about your people's magical traditions."

Virgo
2008-09-16, 12:29 PM
Alrinach

High above the delegation in his throne room, Alrinach recieved the vision of Saradinus gracefully.
"I would be delighted to speak with you. Would you prefer that I protect us from observation?"

If that's a yes, just reply in PM. Be sure to send it to Omnik as well.

After the conversation, Alrinach streched out his vision and looked into the distance, at a group of wyverns that we now his. Inducing them to flight, he studied their motions, and the elegant undulations of their wings.

He commanded them to fly to Alomarra. They would fly through the night, and as they approached the White City subtle changes would be wrought upon their bodies: they would grow heavier and stronger, their scales would turn a smooth and mirrorlike silver, and their wings would reshape slightly, becoming larger and granting them greater manuverability and speed.

Alrinach watched, and was pleased.

In the conference chamber, Nemorensis nodded in appreciation of The Ambassidor's words, then cocked its head to the side in a surprisingly humanlike gesture, as if listening to a voice that the others could not hear.

"My Lord is pleased to additionally offer the services of flight to your merchants, for more able transportation of goods."

Minor Acts, to adapt Saradinus' dragons to my desires.

ArlEammon
2008-09-16, 01:03 PM
"Very good." Said the ambassador of Teke. "I have spell reagents even Oceanomancers would fine interesting. We can supply spell reagents for a hefty sum."
Another ambassador spoke. "Also, Teke is interested in spreading the cause of Good throughout the world. We would appreciate this White City as a place to start our message."

Ipphli
2008-09-16, 01:10 PM
Cyrus

The ogre ambassador stands up next. Looking at Nemorensis in apparently admiration, he speaks the assembly at large. "The ogres are the finest craftsmen in the world. We glady offer our services to any that are willing to pay for them. And our Rune magic is without compare. That too, we can offer others to strengthen and enhance. He glances sideways at the giant as he says this. "Perhaps we could find a way to make your vessels more durable on the troubled oceans..."

LongVin
2008-09-16, 01:25 PM
Severus

The avatar of Severus speaks before those assembled "The Dark Elven people will be able to offer crafted goods to the surface dwellers in exchange for surface magic. Unfortunately, most of the magic of my people does not function properly while on the surface." It was a lie, Dark Elven magic worked just as well above or below the ground, but, having the rest of the world believe it did not function served the Drow's purposes.

Erothayce
2008-09-16, 01:45 PM
Erothayce

One time shifter had come to the trade talks for the others had other things to do. "My lord Erothayce is interested in these talks of trade and peace but as my people have no set homeland and we are wanderers and travelers it seems as though we don't have much to offer. What we do have to offer is knowledge. All the vast knowledge our god has granted us and what we have learned and experienced for ourselves. We would be willing to trade that knowledge for other things. And we would be willing to trade anything that we have with us while we travel. Is this agreeable?"

puppyavenger
2008-09-16, 02:07 PM
At the negotiating table, the Enlightened bowed it's head. WE have large amounts of mineral wealth and foodstuffs to trade.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-09-16, 02:56 PM
Gargax

A group of Gargax's people arrived in the city. Their group consisted of a small number of the changed Ensi, known to themselves as the Ensirex. They came with the Ethereal at the head, and with a number of undead in their ranks, with swirling souls dancing over head. The Ensirex chattered to each other, their tongue was a combination of odd clicks and chitters, along with long sonorous tones and low profane screeches and shrieks. The dead that spoke did so in kind, while the souls and the simple dead merely moaned. The Ethereal floated ahead of the group and spoke, his voice heard in the minds of the representatives present. I am the Ethereal, we come to represent Lord Gargax and his people.

Smiley_
2008-09-16, 03:54 PM
The Myrmici emmisary spoke

We have much to offer in the ways of agriculture and glasswork. However, many of our other treasures are not things that can be bartered but are to be given freely to those who will be able to appreciate them.

Erothayce
2008-09-16, 03:57 PM
Erothayce

The time shifter emissary turned to the Myrmici emissary and said, "On that account my people would like to thank you for the gifts you have freely given us. If your people ever are in trouble we shall stand by you."

Virgo
2008-09-16, 04:02 PM
Alrinach

Nemorensis whirred as it processed the goods available, and responded to those it had an immediate interest in.

To Erothayce's delegation:
"My Lord would be pleased to offer Alomarra as a temporary home to those of your people who wish to rest. It is his opinion that a Great Library would be a boon to the city, should your people desire to record their knowledge for public benefit."

To Ambassadors of Teke:
"Space in the city will be made available for the construction of a Temple. Alrinach would be happy to host some of your people, as there is much to learn."

Erothayce
2008-09-16, 04:05 PM
Erothayce

"I am sure some of the older generation would love to participate in a Great Library. The only condition that we would have would be that we are the ones who run and we choose who if anyone other than a time shifter works there."

Fan
2008-09-16, 04:06 PM
Baldier shadowblade

Baldier gazed down upon his followers, and saw that they prospered well. they had leanred the art of many things in the sort amount of time he had been here to guide them. Yet they seemed incomplete a yin without a yang if you may. So thus he took a ray of the sun, and from that he crafted the Auirites a blue skinned scaly race of great strength, speed, and strength of mind; they were truely a great work of art on his part, and he had spent many days forging them from all the aspects of the great crystal, and the best of the dark templar, but yet they lacked any true purpose. Thus from the nergues around him he gathered them all into a great sphere of brioght blue nergy, and thus he made the Bright Nexus a birght azure crystal that would found the basis of their relegion similar in almost all ways to the dark nexus except instead of granting intellegence, it instead granted great wisdom, and force of personality to those who have been in its presence.

Then to honor their entrance into this harsh, and new world he took a piece of the land, and from it he forged Auir the city of the new beings to rival that of the mightiest kings. Yet this caused some unrest amobng the dark templar; they said he considered the Auirites to be his true people, and that they had been forsaken by him, and he felt the power granted by their worship begin to ebb away. Thus he sent a avatar of greatness to the dark Templar telling them that he had not forsaken them, and that he had in the plans a city of even grander greatness for them in the owrkings. It was just that they were not ready for the power that would granted by such a grand city, and the defenses it would grant. First they must advance in the fields of weaponry, and medicine beofre he would grat them such a great gift.

Virgo
2008-09-16, 04:09 PM
"I am sure some of the older generation would love to participate in a Great Library. The only condition that we would have would be that we are the ones who run and we choose who if anyone other than a time shifter works there."

Nemorensis nodded in assent. "Be it done."

Erothayce
2008-09-16, 04:13 PM
Erothayce

I shall contact some my people. I believe everyone will want to come and contribute. We shall all that we know into books. And do not worry abut the time it shall take. We shall work in a time bubble so we can complete it quickly."

OOC:
All my followers will be migrating through your city for a bit of time while they contribute to the library.

Ipphli
2008-09-16, 04:16 PM
Cyrus

The ogres confer amongst themselves for a moment, then turn towards the time-shifters. "And we would be willing to assist you in building your temple. It shall be the most wonderous building in the city when we are through, if you will let us."

Erothayce
2008-09-16, 04:18 PM
Erothayce

"We would be most honored if you would help us."

Virgo
2008-09-16, 04:45 PM
Alrinach

With a thin metallic clap Nemorensis summoned a human into the room, and instructed him to prepare building materials for their Ogre guests, and whatever else they may desire, as well as more permanent apartments for Cyrus' and Erothayce's followers.

The clockwork herald looked at the Ogres.
"My Lord thanks you for what will no doubt be a wonderful contribution to the White City. As a token of gratitude, one of my subordinates, Aequitum, will be made available to your engineers for study."

Ipphli
2008-09-16, 04:49 PM
Cyrus

The ogres smile as the ambassador stands up. "Thank you. While we may not be able to copy what a god has done, perhaps in time we can emulate it. And we will prepare a list of what we shall need."

Fan
2008-09-16, 05:06 PM
Bladier exhausted from the sudden drain of power that had happened from all his creations observed the other races, and he saw the trade meeting they were having. He thought on this for a bit "What could the Protoss bring to the sumit that is not already there?" Then it hit him their technology is at the peak of any race currently present perhaps they would be interested in some of the medicine they had discovered or in the great weapons they could forge. Thus he sent an avatar down, and had it tell them of a great metting of the races in the South, and to bring their finest crafts with them. He then had them step inside one of their great machines, and he grante them speed across the flat plains, and dense forests of his tundra like region.

ArlEammon
2008-09-16, 05:44 PM
Meanwhile, back at the island of Teke, Myrokhan had established a health care system, of clinics and shrines(if you were desperate) and fertility clinics. Saradinus enchanted all of the rivers running through the island, which would enhance the life force of all things that drunk from it. The forests around the rivers, and all the plants, would become incredibly important for healing medicine.(minor God act)

Virgo
2008-09-16, 05:57 PM
Alrinach

((Sorry, Asmodeus, I misread your post and though you were entering the meeting hall, not just the city.))

With a snapping sound Aequitum appeared before The Etherial and his retinue, bowing.
"Apologies, Lord. Our attention has been diverted by the number of visitors to the city. Please, follow this way..."

The clockwork lieutenant led Gargax's delegation through the city to the meeting hall. As they walked, the people of the city diverted themselves momentarly to watch the strage procession- still, there were many odd visitors to Alomarra that day, and though flesh and blood, they shared some of their master's pragmatism.

Once the delecation arrived at the meeting hall, Aequitum went over and introduces itself quietly to Cyrus' followers, and Nemurensis acknowleged the new arrivals with a graceful gesture of his clockwork hand.

puppyavenger
2008-09-16, 05:58 PM
the delegate spoke. If anyone has any medical or excavating technology, we would be most interested in learning about it, as we currently have to dig with either manpower or magic, which is sometime a greater toll on our population.

Fan
2008-09-16, 06:01 PM
After a shockingly short peroid of flying travel (guided by my hand.) The Protoss arrived at the Citys shining gates. The High priest went towards the gate his gleaming silver, and black robes shimmering in the sun as he moved
"We would like to request access to the trade summit being held here."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-09-16, 06:01 PM
Gargax

As the delegation moved towards the inner city where the groups were convening, the souls that hovered over them began to twist and writhe, as though seeking to escape to the aether. The Ensirex turned toward them, their multi-faceted eyes fixing on the writhing souls. They looked to each other and began to chant in their chittering language, a second pair of arms and hands unfolding from behind their beetle-black carapaces, these, unlike the original hands, had what seemed like extra digits, and each of the fingers was longer and more slender than normal, the arms were covered in dark chitin, and they were unnaturally elegant. With all four hands they began weaving spells along with their chanting, and after a moment the bonds holding the spirits in calm grew stronger and the souls, though obviously still agitated, began to return to their earlier calm, with the low keening moan returning but at a higher pitch.

The delegation finally reached the place of meeting, and once more they announced themselves, but this time it was the prominent Ensirex that announced them, his loud clacking voice echoing eerily across the otherwise peaceful place. He spoke in an oddly accented version of the common language, though it was obviously affected by his mandibles. "The Ensirex have arrived to trade, let all those who would seek to know us, make they themselves known TO us."

ArlEammon
2008-09-16, 06:03 PM
"As we speak Saradinus enchants the soil of Teke to create extreme harvest and potent medicines. We would be appreciative if you would lend us any uru, or adamantine!"

"Of course, we at Teke would be happy to accept students from across the world. No evil aligned creatures have the ability to enter into the nation, however."

Erothayce
2008-09-16, 06:04 PM
Erothayce

"Greetings. I do believe some of my people have encountered your kind before. We found you to be fair. We are willing to trade with you."

puppyavenger
2008-09-16, 06:07 PM
we would be happy to trade some adamantine

ArlEammon
2008-09-16, 06:09 PM
"Excellent! We have interesting, countless kinds of plant to choose from!"

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-09-16, 06:14 PM
Gargax

The clacking continued, as the ambassador spoke again. "This is excellent news, for trade we can offer such things as knowledge of crafting as it is known to our Bone Shapers, some training in our Art of the Unliving, and the... workforce offered by our talents, as well as others to be decided upon on a case to case basis at the mention of workforce he twitched his head in the direction of the shambling corpses.

puppyavenger
2008-09-16, 06:19 PM
to Saradinus' delegate
excellent, healing salves or medical techniques would be appreciated if you could please show us sometime before you leave, we could have them put into effect immediately. The leaves would be very nice, worth there weight in adamante ore.

to the Ethereal
unfortunately, I'm afraid that relaying orders through your controllers would cause less efficiency. Why do you use corpses? surly it is more convenient to simply control the wildlife.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-09-16, 06:25 PM
to Saradinus' delegate
excellent, healing salves or medical techniques would be appreciated if you could please show us sometime before you leave, we could have them put into effect immediately. The leaves would be very nice, worth there weight in adamante ore.

to the Ethereal
unfortunately, I'm afraid that relaying orders through your controllers would cause less efficiency. Why do you use corpses? surly it is more convenient to simply control the wildlife.

Gargax

"Such would be the purpose of the training in the Arts of Unlife (Necromancy, FYI) for anyone trained in even the most basic of the Art, controlling the dead is an easy task, so long as a more powerful Artisan is not already in control, or attempting to take control from you, which should not be an issue." The ambassador (who is an Ensirex just FYI) pauses for a moment before continuing. "The... Wild-life?"

(OOC)There is wildlife in and around the area, but most of it is changed and they recognize them of creatures of Gargax, though they're still wild animals, they don't really recognize them as such

Erothayce
2008-09-16, 06:32 PM
Erothayce

"I think I can clear this up. What you call wildlife the Ensirex see as creations of Gargax. They have been twisted by magic but they are still wildlife. Do I have it right emissary?"

puppyavenger
2008-09-16, 06:32 PM
To Gargax

animals not tamed or controlled, native creatures, they are very good work forces when subsumed, Bee hives to make sure all the crops are pollinated and protected, earth worms to decompose waste faster, ants to carry away rubble, bears and giant ants to seed and care for crops and to mine, they are quite useful. They also make a good battery of expendable magical energy, since they are much more easily replaceable and so on.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-09-16, 06:37 PM
Gargax

The Ensirex nodded to the time-shifter, and then spoke to the Enlightened We do not have such creatures in our lands, and our minds and magic do not works as yours do. For us, to raise the dead is the easiest source of labor.

Ipphli
2008-09-16, 06:39 PM
Cyrus

The ogres greet Aequitum warmly. They listen to the Ensirex, frowning at their casual use of the dead. The ambassador turns towards the ambassador from Teke and smiles. "We would be happy to send some of our own to learn from you. And in return they could teach you what we have learned."

Virgo
2008-09-16, 06:41 PM
Alrinach

This time, with much greater swiftness, Veritia met the Protoss Delegation and led them to the meeting chamber, pointing out the architecture and skills of the people of Alomarra along the way.

Nemurensis hummed again, its clockwork mind recieving another message from the Lord high above, prompted by the arrival of the emissaries of Gargax. He spoke to all those of arcane talent.

"Lord Alrinach offers the city up as a location of Academies of Magic for various races to come and study. He offers to let each people administer and upkeep their own campus in the city, or he will purchase the relevant knowledge from you and establish his own schools. Say what you wish, if you are willing, and it shall be done."

Erothayce
2008-09-16, 06:42 PM
Erothayce

"We shall have our academy in the library where it is proper. We have picked up magic from other races and changed it around as well as we ahve our own form of time magic."

puppyavenger
2008-09-16, 06:43 PM
We would be willing to give knowledge of our magic, although it may be difficult to explain, and somewhat..unpopular, considering the cost to single-bodied Minds

Fan
2008-09-16, 06:45 PM
The Protissan High preist looked upon his fellow mortals, and he broadcast a telepathic message to all of them his mental voice strong, and sure.
"Greetings I'am Sangsader high preist of Baldier, and representitive of the Protoss. We can offer you coal, and from what we have haerd we also have some advanced weaponry you would be interested in as well as adavanced industry technology for the use of harvesting, and building."

puppyavenger
2008-09-16, 06:48 PM
As stated, we have minerals, everything from limestone to adamante, and food, we would be very interested in any of the technologies you mentioned.

Ipphli
2008-09-16, 06:50 PM
Cyrus

The ogres smirk at the Protoss' declaration and shake their heads. They turn towards their host. "We would be happy to share our knowledge of Rune magic with the others, provided they share with us of course."

Virgo
2008-09-16, 06:52 PM
Alrinach

Nemerensis clicked its metallic fingers against the cold stone table reprovingy when the Protoss delegation mentioned weapons, but said nothing. Rather, it turned to the delegate of The Hive Mind.

"Alrinach will purchase the key to your magics nonetheless; what is it you wish to exchange?"

Then addressing the others, it said ""Alrinach will offer you land within the city to establish your schools, though each student would be responshble for paying his or her own tuition. Still, this would provide a neutral ground that could, in time, prove to be a bed of innovation and opportunity, as well as a manner in which you may spread the knowldge of your respective cultures."

Fan
2008-09-16, 06:52 PM
"That we can offer, and we have brought a small smaple of the agricultural harvesters with us to trade with the peoples. We hope this will serve as a sort of "investment" for future deals."
As he broadcast this two Burly Protoss brought into the room a small one man machine with a manergie of blades of the back, and a odd shute near a basket on the side.
"this is a grain harvester, depsite its name it also harvest anything else that nature can produce with increidble speed, and ease. We do understand the value of these machines, but we are willing to trade if the deal is equivalent in value to us."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-09-16, 06:59 PM
Gargax

The delegates from Gargax's realm turn to eachother, dead and living alike, and speak in the maddened clacking tongue of theirs, before the one who had spoken before turned back to the assembled delegates. "We will give training in the Arts of Unlife freely, so long as training in the other arcane arts are freely given by their patrons"

puppyavenger
2008-09-16, 06:59 PM
To the Proteoss

We would like one of them, what would you like in exchange?

To Alrinach

No, we would be happy to set up a school for ourselves, it would double as a temple, as biomagic is the gift of Cellis.

Fan
2008-09-16, 07:02 PM
"We have very little use for that of non rare metals as our land can produce that of Iron, and the like. What we currently lack is seeds although we eat VERY little the land is harsh for crops in the north that is why a invention like this was nesscary to make life liveable."

Ipphli
2008-09-16, 07:03 PM
Cyrus

One of the ogres walks over to study the machine carefuly. After a moment he shrugs and turns to look at the ambassador. "How durable is it though? Does it have Cyrus' blessing?"

Meanwhile a dwarven delegation arrives at the city as well. Dressed simply, they look about curiously, mostly at the architecture and the strange appearances of all the other races. They stroll up to the gate and wait.

Cyrus sends a summons to Baldier, wishing to speak with him.

Virgo
2008-09-16, 07:10 PM
Alrinach

Veritia disappears unobtrusively from the meeting hall and greets the Dwarves at the gate, leading them back through the city to the summit if they choose to follow.

At about this time, Alrinach's flight of wyverns arrives in the city and, their silver scales glinting in the setting sun, settle around the tallest towers of Alomarra, an awe-inspiring sight.

I arbitrarily declare it dusk.

So far I have that Cellis will establish a school of magic, and Gargax might, depending on what the other races do. Cyrus might, and Erothayce will once the library is complete. Is that about right?

Fan
2008-09-16, 07:18 PM
The high preist answers stoicly.
"it is sturdy enough to survive an avalanche a great falling of rock, and snow in adition to being buried for the great cold season. As for the blessing of Cyrus, I have no knowldge of who this god is while it is blessed by the great lord Baldeir; I could not tell you of this "Cyrus".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Baldier recieved this mental summouns from this god, and took a piece of the night sky, and used it to appear (in mortal form.) at Cyrus's location.

Ipphli
2008-09-16, 07:28 PM
Cyrus

The ogres shake their heads sadly. "Without the blessing of Cyrus the Smith, you work will not endure. How can you make something that lasts without the backing of the god of crafting? Cyrus the Smith is our god, and the god of all those who craft or create with their hands."

Meanwhile, Cyrus bows to Baldier as he appears. "Greetings brother. I am Cyrus the Smith. You are the god of these protoss, yes? They have created some wonderful objects. But they are not as great as they could be."

Fan
2008-09-16, 07:33 PM
The high preist looks confused at this.
"I see that this Smith god is obviously very important to your culture, and yor worksmanship most be marvelous if you worship such a god, and we would be honored to have such a gods blessing."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Balider

"it is an honor to meet you Cyrus, and I'am glad you have taken an interest in my peoples I have put much work into furthering them, and have even made them a new glistneing city which I have dubbed Auir. If you are a god of craftsmanship then you will understand the beauty it is if you ever vist it. Oh, exucse me sorry if I began to ramble ther abit. what is it exactly you contacted me for; aside from my peoples works."

Erothayce
2008-09-16, 07:39 PM
Erothayce

As the trade meeting had been going on Erothayce had set about putting all known knowledge in a book, It was just a normal book at this point but he had plans for the future.

Ipphli
2008-09-16, 07:47 PM
Cyrus

Cyrus smiles. "I would be happy to see your city. As to what I wished to discuss, it is simple. I am a god of crafts, all manner of crafts. Your people's inventions are wonderful, but they could be even better if they asked for my aid in their endeavors. As the god of the people closest to my own in skill and ability, I thought I would make this offer to you first: in return for simple prayers and an offering or two, I will enhance your people's crafts, make them stronger or better. What say you?"

Fan
2008-09-16, 07:49 PM
Baldier nods, and considers this for abit.
"I will teach my peoples to revere you, and give you offerings whenever they embark on an invention attempt, or any great feat of craftsmanship. Howvever in exchange I would like to have some of your followwers with latent physic abliities journey to my lands, and vist my psionic nexus. I believe you will be most pleased with the results."

Ipphli
2008-09-16, 07:59 PM
Cyrus

Cyrus frowns, then shrugs. "I've not seen any with psychic abilities. But then I've not looked either. I will see if any can be found. It's a deal then?" He sticks out his hand.

Fan
2008-09-16, 08:02 PM
Balider offers his wispy hand, and shakes hands with the smith god as best as he can.
"It is a deal freind."

Ipphli
2008-09-16, 08:08 PM
Cyrus

Smiling, Cyrus sends a message to his fellow gods. "Brethern, I am Cyrus the Smith, god of crafting. I offer you each a deal. In return for prayers and an occassional offering, I shall bless your craftsmen in their endeavors. What say each of you?"

puppyavenger
2008-09-16, 08:18 PM
Cellis

In the mountains, The ant colony is growing very quickly, with a hierarchy set up by the sapient breeders and soldier, taking the roles of commander and queens, the original being the Empress. Their number grow almost exponentialy and the quickly overrun the other colonies and expand to ther portions of the mountains, and eventually the foothills.

[super-ants expand to Mountains in 8,7 7,8 and the foothills in 8,6]

An avatar of Cellis, appearing in his normal form, forms at 6,6 and call to Abraxes Abraxes, if you wish, I would like to come to an alliance or trade agreement with you, as our domains seem aligned.

Smiley_
2008-09-16, 08:26 PM
Ikassi

Ikassi had decided to attend, though from a safe distance underground. What was this? Weapons? Necromantic arts forcing the dead to do the work of the living? She was glad she had raised her people how she did so they would not fall prey to these arts. The knowledge seekers seemed agreeable enough and so did the crafter.

Her plans would be set back, but it would have to be.

Also, those giant ants were getting too close for comfort. No worry. She burrowed to the spot she had set the Orb of Inhibition. The time it had spent in the ground had had a significant effect on the dead-magic field. That added on the innate qualities of the Myrmici had increased it's influence to touch the surrounding lands.

Erothayce
2008-09-16, 08:29 PM
Erothayce

"I am willing to ally with you in this." Says Erothayce to Cyrus.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-09-16, 08:39 PM
Abaraxys to Cellis

The Divine Engineer soon joined the avatar of the Hive Lord.

"Greetings Cellis. You seek an alliance? Hmm...this is interesting. I would gladly accept a defensive alliance, however, our people are far apart."

Bleedingblade
2008-09-16, 09:16 PM
Mavil

Mavil descended upon his domain to finally bring upon the most destructive race to exist. He founded an area with a village of people and formed all around them volcanoes and a desecrate land that looks to seems like it itself has been destroyed. He formed mountainous barriers and gave the area a strong sense of power. He now had a large wasteland in which his people now lived. As to not destroy his soon-to-be follower's minds he began crafting an avatar. Soon an eruption occurred and from the flow of lava emerged a immense being of fire and ash. He approached the small town and looked down upon the villagers. Mortals, today you are blessed. You have been given a god who is superior to many others. I shall grant you power and form you a new. You shall remember my name and worship me, for I am Mavil, The Passionate Flame of Destruction.

With that the lava overflowed the town and smothered the citizens. Soon one after another sprouted creatures of fire and ash. They stood all the same before but in place of flesh and bones was nothing but pure raw energy.

You have been given great power. From now on you shall be known as the ashenborn. From here I trust you to create lives to help you destroy. Create weapons to help you conquer. Create flames of war to spread dominance. With that the large being began to smolder and shed as a much smaller being appeared.

From today on I will be your guide and train you to achieve power.

2 Major acts. Creating the region and creating the ashenborn.

ArlEammon
2008-09-16, 10:11 PM
Saradinus then looks up something in his book.... The Trans-Epic spell category... Ah yes.... Saradinus muttered. "This one should do nicely."
Saradinus then created a mystic spell called Dragon Shaping.... This spell was inbetween the power of an epic spell and normal spell. Dragon Shaping was for those who had devoted themselves towards the Dragon domain the most, but any follower of Saradinus could cast it, if they were strong enough.

Saradinus created this spell...... Dragon Shape was soon discovered through inspiration through many magicians throughout the land. (Minor Godly Act)

Saradinus'es Avatar, Myrokhan the Archmage then began to speak with the people of Teke, guiding certain Conjurors through dreams and visions one at a time. These Conjurors would be more powerful than their peers... Of course.

LongVin
2008-09-17, 11:03 AM
Severus

The Dark Elves present at the city-of-peace begin collecting as much knowledge they can on the magic of the other races that is being deposited in the vast library. The knowledge is then funneled out of the city back to the Drow homeland where the academies of magic will study it and adapt it for their own purposes.

Slamexo
2008-09-17, 11:24 AM
Lupin

Looking at Cellis with a happy grin at his interest, Lupin responds to his request:

"My people are quite well expertised with the growing and use of many different plants and herbs; you could always benefit from their health uses, or their different tastes could appeal to you?"

Emperor Demonking
2008-09-17, 12:26 PM
Illopet

Illopet came to this world and looked around. He then remembered it his death, such a completely meaningless death, such a boring death, such anm unheard of death. He yelled as loud as the ogre creature could. "Somebody explain this to me."

ArlEammon
2008-09-17, 12:42 PM
Illopet

Illopet came to this world and looked around. He then remembered it his death, such a completely meaningless death, such a boring death, such anm unheard of death. He yelled as loud as the ogre creature could. "Somebody explain this to me."

Saradinus immediately appeared to Illopet... "Death, death, death, yes....? Why is the sense of death so strong here?" Saradinus looked at the ogre sensing his despair. "Are you in need of restoration? Creature.... You seem to be one of us."

Emperor Demonking
2008-09-17, 12:45 PM
Illopet

"I don't think I need restoration. Where is here? What are we? What has happened since I died?" Said Illopet after getting over his shock of seeing the teleportation. "Hey, we're not gods are we?" Could they sactually be gods, asfter all it explained the power Illopet was feeling.

ArlEammon
2008-09-17, 12:47 PM
Illopet

"I don't think I need restoration. Where is here? What are we? What has hap penned since I died?" Said Illopet after getting over his shock of seeing the teleportation. "Hey, we're not gods are we?"

"I don't think so. But we are powerful stewards of the land given to us. We have power unimaginable. No mortal is our equal in strength. Oh, and, I guess if you died and returned this way, you must have ascended."

Erothayce
2008-09-17, 12:48 PM
Erothayce

After observing his followers for a long while Erothayce decided they needed more to them. After watching them wander he realized they needed to be hardier then they already were so he granted them hardiness. Now they could survive on very little in the way of food or water and the weather did not bother them much. Next he decided they needed to live longer so they could gain more knowledge and spread it around the world so he ave them extended lives.

The time-shifters now live about as long as elves.

Emperor Demonking
2008-09-17, 12:56 PM
Illopet

"How long has it been since my death? What has happened since my death?" Said Illopet.

ArlEammon
2008-09-17, 01:02 PM
Illopet

"How long has it been since my death? What has happened since my death?" Said Illopet.

"I don't know... I don't watch the ogres.. I am in charge of the island of Teke."

Smiley_
2008-09-17, 01:05 PM
Ikassi

The earth tremmored. The earth goddes had felt the departure of the Twilight Goddess Polaris and was saddened. She felt the need to see after the well being of the city and its people. Sending a message to her people, she made a decree.

The Twilight City and it's people are under my protection. All shrines and temples to the Goddess Polaris, especially her grand sanctuary will be maintained should she return. Be sure not to let the humans forget about their old god. Until then, we must strive to join our lands.

Myrmici and human workers began work on a new colony, merging the stone and wood buildings of the city with the sand and mud buildings of the Desert.

A new city is being constructed in sector 7,6 so as to join 7,7 and 8,5

Ikassi made sure to keep the land around the Twilight City rich and fertile as well as to keep the mountains abundant with metal.

Emperor Demonking
2008-09-17, 01:07 PM
"I don't know... I don't watch the ogres.. I am in charge of the island of Teke."

Illopet

"What is that?" Asked Illopet with confusion.

ArlEammon
2008-09-17, 01:08 PM
Illopet

"What is that?" Asked Illopet with confusion.

"The world is only centuries old now. You know, I wonder if Ascension causes amnesia in mortals..."

Emperor Demonking
2008-09-17, 01:34 PM
"The world is only centuries old now. You know, I wonder if Ascension causes amnesia in mortals..."

Illopet

"What has happened in the world, any events? What has been created in the world? What and who are the other gods? What happens to the souls of mortals?" Asked Illopet needing to get all the information.

puppyavenger
2008-09-17, 01:49 PM
To Lupin

That would be wonderful, what would you like in return? and would you be intrested in an alliance?

To Abraxes.

Do you have anything to trade? and I'm afraid that the Enlightened would be rather useless helping you defend if It doesn't know where you are.

Slamexo
2008-09-17, 02:29 PM
Lupin

To Cellis:

"An alliance will do me just fine; I didn't really see anything here that I liked anyhow. So then, now that we're allied, here's hoping that our two colonies will flourish and thrive together. Now, I must be off to see more colonies and how everyone else's doing. Goodbye, ally."

Grinning once more at his 'speech', Lupin headed out the door to go back to his own domain for a little rest.

ArlEammon
2008-09-17, 03:24 PM
Illopet

"What has happened in the world, any events? What has been created in the world? What and who are the other gods? What happens to the souls of mortals?" Asked Illopet needing to get all the information.

"The mortals go to the gods of death. The other things you mentioned are very complicated. Gods have started their own nations and shepherd their people."

Bleedingblade
2008-09-17, 03:24 PM
Mavil

After some time he returned to his ashenborn. Over time they have constructed large towers able to withstand the heat and destruction cause by the volcanoes. The race had grown strong in numbers and in supplies. They were becoming a more suitable race to have reigned by him. He was able to clearly see his smaller avatar assisting the ashenborn in forming there ways of life. Facilities were constructed to train them in the art of battle. Schools devoted to some of the more destructive magics were built. The race was flourishing. They had reached a point where he could entrst a leader.

His previous avatar crumbled and up rose his larger form. In front of him stood a follower far superior to the others. His name was Rexgen and he had been the most prominent fighters in the city. Ahhh, Rexgen. It is I, Mavil. I have chosen you to become the first leader of this race. For many generations your family shall be blessed and rule a stronger more superior kingdom than any other. I grant you this, the gem of blinding destruction. It shall be passed down to your first son to recieve power. Be cautious though. Learn to destroy with this power everything but what you stand for.

With that he pulled and bright glowing gem. It glowed a deep red. He handed it over to Rexgen. As soon as he touched it, you can see a surge of power rush through him. With this the race has officially been trusted to start acting out his goals.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-09-17, 03:41 PM
Gargax

The Ensirex chattered in their strange and oddly sibilant language, the long sonorous moans and the harsh crackling epitephs perfectly in tune with the chittering of their mandibles. The lead Ensirex once more spoke. To prove the craft of our Bone-Shapers, we have brough examples of their wares. and with this he nodded to his delegation. A pair of zombies pulled into view a suit of armor, made from carapace and bone. Another shambling corpse presented a matching shield made of carapace, and a long and oddly curved long sword made from bone. Another corpse presented a long staff made of polished ivory, with intricate etchings, and topped with the skull of some unidentified beast. In place of its eyes, black diamonds had been etched into the likeness of the Ensirex's multi-faceted eyes, and the gem refracted the light beautifully. Each of the Ensirex pulled forth necklaces made of bone and sinew, as well as votif charms and symbols, and myriad other fetishes and jewelry.

ArlEammon
2008-09-17, 04:01 PM
Gargax

The Ensirex chattered in their strange and oddly sibilant language, the long sonorous moans and the harsh crackling epitephs perfectly in tune with the chittering of their mandibles. The lead Ensirex once more spoke. To prove the craft of our Bone-Shapers, we have brough examples of their wares. and with this he nodded to his delegation. A pair of zombies pulled into view a suit of armor, made from carapace and bone. Another shambling corpse presented a matching shield made of carapace, and a long and oddly curved long sword made from bone. Another corpse presented a long staff made of polished ivory, with intricate etchings, and topped with the skull of some unidentified beast. In place of its eyes, black diamonds had been etched into the likeness of the Ensirex's multi-faceted eyes, and the gem refracted the light beautifully. Each of the Ensirex pulled forth necklaces made of bone and sinew, as well as votif charms and symbols, and myriad other fetishes and jewelry.

Meanwhile, Saradinus continued teaching the magicians of the island of Teke even more. Myrokhan joined as they continued to guide many conjurors in the way of Conjuration. (Minor Godly Act)At the same time, the people began to gradually refine their system of education to include more summoning.

Fan
2008-09-17, 04:07 PM
Baldier gazed upon his peoples, and saw the wonders that the blessing of the god of craft had granted them. They were progressing more, and more each day the twin crystals powering this infulx of knowldge the Dark nexus granting them intellegence, and inspiration, adn the Holy Nexus granting them wisdom, and the will to presue their intentions. yes things were looking quite well for the Protoss, and they had hnored their anrrangement with the peoples of Saradinus, and had been supplying them with a steady flow of the slightly out of date versions of their technology, and Baldier beinga god of stealth in addition to psionics had vieled their tech to look exactly liek that of the kind they were sending. (minor godly act for sme illusions that correspond to my domain.)

Kaiser Omnik
2008-09-17, 04:12 PM
Abaraxys (not Abraxes :smallwink:)

The Divine Engineer listened carefully to Cellis.

"We could build a trading post together on the coast, near your valley. We have plenty to offer: minerals, tools, machines, medicines... Perhaps you are also interested in grafts?"

OOC: I will give you their location in PM.

Emperor Demonking
2008-09-17, 04:15 PM
"The mortals go to the gods of death. The other things you mentioned are very complicated. Gods have started their own nations and shepherd their people."

Illopet

"Thank you for your help. It has been appreciated." Said Illopet as he thought of a way to make souls feel better between the time of their death and when they went to the afterlife, for this purpose Illopet created the Valkyries, creatures that could sense death and control souls.

Fan
2008-09-17, 05:26 PM
Baldier sends a silent summouns to Saradinus hoping to keep it secret from other gods.
((short post to be preceeded by HUGE speech.)

puppyavenger
2008-09-17, 05:30 PM
Delegates

To Gargax,

We would be interested in the armor, and what properties does the staff have?

To Alrinach
Walking forwards, he spoke to he clockwork man.
We have a proposal for you, now, as an ordered god, you must have laws yes, and as a diety ruling over a fractured people, there are people who brake these laws, correct? sme of the laws are so important that the punishment for breaking them is containment for the duration of there life, or the ending of it, good so far?

We meanwhile, have a manpower shortage, and believe that relaying messages would cost too much energy and be too inefficient to be worth the cost. As such, perhaps we could save you the cos of incarceration of public executions, we will subsume the deadly fracturing ones. In exchange, the bodies would provide free labor for the city for the first two years in service, and one quarter of them will stay and assist in civic projects and serve as ambassadors .

To the protoss delegate
What would you lke for the plans or one of them, whichever is cheaper, motioning towards the grain harvester.
In the mountains
To Abaraxys
A trading post sounds excellent, grafts sound interesting, and I'm sure the Enlightened would love to emulate and develop he idea, what would yo liek in exchange?

Kaiser Omnik
2008-09-17, 05:45 PM
Abaraxys to Cellis

"We lack natural ressources. Maybe you could provide my people food, lumber...what else do you have?"

puppyavenger
2008-09-17, 05:53 PM
Cellis to Abaraxys

We have alrge amounts of foodstuffs and minerals, and there are some tree covered mountains yes.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-09-17, 05:58 PM
That night, rocks fell from the heavens into the Myrmici Desert, the Great Wood and in the barren North (4,8 and 4,10 on the map). Fortunately, they didn't cause any serious damage. The rocks contained a blue ore of extraordinary strength and hardness, known as "star metal".

Kaiser Omnik
2008-09-17, 06:11 PM
Abaraxys to Cellis

"So...it's a deal. I'll send some of my people to help build the trading post."

Slamexo
2008-09-17, 06:17 PM
Lupin

Upon seeing the meteors fall into his woods, upon closer examination Lupin was shocked to find the mysterious metal inside.

"Bah, what's that wyrm thing doing sending metal into my domain? What would I want with metal, after all?"

After briefly being annoyed, Lupin starts to ponder the situation:

"Hmmm, I don't need any of this, but perhaps there are other gods who'd be interested..."

Concentrating for a moment, Lupin sent out a message to all the gods

"Hello all you stiffs and fun loving deities out there! I, Lupin of The Great Woods, have an offer for you all! If you're interested in some metals that've fallen from the skies, come meet me in my woods with your best offer! Taking all bids!"

puppyavenger
2008-09-17, 06:21 PM
in the forest, ants, worms, flies, and other insects gathered together to form a humanoid body next to Lupin What does the metal do?

Smiley_
2008-09-17, 06:45 PM
Ikassi

She heard the summons of lupin, but ignored him. She had her own starmetal to worry about. One stone, she purified so that it shone with a brilliant luster that could not be matched by mortal smiths. This she put in the temple of the Twilight Goddess on the altar. For the rest of this "starmetal, she hid it underground to see if it was possible to replicate it. Growing metal was simple enough for her if she had a sample, though it would take time to grow. It was a similar process to keeping the mountains around the Twilight city rich with Iron and Copper.

This was an unexpected gift. She would use it. Later though.

Slamexo
2008-09-17, 06:47 PM
Lupin

Lupin shrugs at Cellis

"I've got no clue, but it's from space so it's got to have some special qualities about it. Since we're allies, I'll let you have a small chunk to have a look at."

Grinning, Lupin picks up one of the small meteors from the pile he's collected and hands it to Cellis.

"Have a look at that and who knows? Maybe you'll come back wanting the whole lot."

Ipphli
2008-09-17, 06:50 PM
Cyrus

Cyrus appeared next to Lupin. He smiles and bows his head to him in greetings. "Greetings brother. I hear you have some metal to offer? Might I see some of it?"

Looking it over, Cyrus hides his curiousity of it. He looks at Lupin, then over at Cellis. He shrugs. "And what might the god of animals wish of the god of crafts in exchange for this metal?"

Bleedingblade
2008-09-17, 07:14 PM
Mavil

Deciding to ignore the call of Lupin Mavil heads to where he believes another stone has fallen (4,10). He arrives there and finds the metal. He picks it ups and returns to his domain. There he gives some of the metal to the ashenborn through his avatar and keeps some for himself. He wwatches as the ashenborn get to work make weapons worth much more than that of normal weapons. He decides from the rest of the metal he shall make a weapon blessed with his power.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-09-17, 07:57 PM
At the same time, revolts occur in several regions: in ogre lands (3,3), in the underground cities of the dark elves (5,7) and in the island of Teke (10,7). The rebels launch attacks simultaneously on temples, administrative buildings and magical academies. Their goal is simple: free themselves from what they consider false gods.

Ipphli
2008-09-17, 08:06 PM
Cyrus

Feeling the disturbance in his lands, Cyrus nods a hasty good-bye to Lupin and returns to his lands. Outraged at the audacity of some of HIS people, to turn their backs on HIM! With a sweep of his hand, he causes the runes they use to dissolve, their weapons and armor to break or rust. After this, his loyalists have no problem restoring order.

Troubled by what has occurred, Cyrus sends an avatar down to speak to the people and assure them that Cyrus does look after them. After all, aren't their creations the most wonderous on the planet? Do they not have plenty of everything they could need or want?

The rebels were imprisoned and reconditioned; most of them had gone along by fear or had been caught up in it all. The ringleaders were executed. Those that refused to accept Cyrus as their god were given two choices: slavery or execution. Being a proud people, most of them choose execution.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-09-17, 08:29 PM
Gargax

The Ensirex responds to the Hive-minds question: "This staff is inscribed with runes of necromantic and death magics, but we can provide staffs with specified magics, or if you wish we could, in trade for some service of yours, teach you how to craft bones yourself.

Erothayce
2008-09-17, 08:47 PM
Erothayce

Wandering time-shifters watched the star metal fall from the sky and went to investigate it. They found that they wanted wanted and so they loaded it into wagons to bring back to their small village to see what it could do.

ArlEammon
2008-09-17, 10:00 PM
and in the island of Teke (10,7). The rebels launch attacks simultaneously on temples, administrative buildings and magical academies. Their goal is simple: free themselves from what they consider false gods.

The Archconjurors of the land, guided by Myrokhan and Saradinus himself, carry out the defense. At the same time, Myrokhan, the avatar defended the Highest Academies, and the Supernalists who drew power from Saradinus'es mind were sent to deal with the insurgency to communicate to the people the reality of Saradinus'es existence.

Supernalists had the power to convey Saradinus'es thoughts through their magic, and were scattered throughout the land to quell the invasion.

Emperor Demonking
2008-09-18, 11:08 AM
Illopet

Illopet sent an avatar at the island of Teke during battle and watched the deaths with a smile on his face. He looked at the souls and was tempted to keep them but no. He had more importanty things to do. Illopet yelled "Does anybody here need a hand."

Illopet also sent an avatar to Lupin. "I do not want much. How much could I get for 10 ogres?"

Illopet himself went to the baren north in order to collect the starmetal from their and to take it back to his own ogres.

Slamexo
2008-09-18, 11:30 AM
Lupin

Happy to have gotten a few offers for the meteors, Lupin turned to the avatar of Illopet:

"I think two of the little ones would probably do the job. What do you have on offer in return?"

Emperor Demonking
2008-09-18, 11:47 AM
Illopet to Lupin

"I wish to trade 10 ogres for however much of this metal it will get me." Said Illopet's avatar, though it was more like a figment to talk to Lupin.

Fan
2008-09-18, 11:53 AM
Baldier Shadowblade

while he snesed that in his lands in the north a great catclysm has happened some of the stars themsleves had fallen to earth, and their fall had caused amny an avalanche over the past few weeks. so thus he sent an eliter group of Protoss containg the Dark templar Grandar, The high Templar: ****hil dale, their guide a small protoissan boy by the name of Rithnar, and another high templar by the name of Verthey....

Emperor Demonking
2008-09-18, 12:00 PM
Illopet

Once the three templars were close by, Illopet sent a figment to the three Termplars. The figment looked at them before speaking in a hoarse voice. "Come no further for if you do, you will see the true magnificence of a god and you will surely die. What is your quest?"

Fan
2008-09-18, 12:03 PM
The High templars stepped forward, and spoke in unison.
"We have come seeking the fallen stars. We have come to claim them in Auirs name."
"We have come seeking the fallen stars. We have come to calim them in Auirs name."

Emperor Demonking
2008-09-18, 12:10 PM
Illopet

"Sorry got here first. Unlucky. What is that Auir, you're talking about? A god?" Said Illopet's figment.

ArlEammon
2008-09-18, 12:24 PM
Saradinus began using the book of the same name, and ressurected all the fallen from Illopet. Saradinus then used his godly power combined with his artifact to ban demigods from his realm. Technically that included all other gods, since they were demigods outside of their realm.

Fan
2008-09-18, 12:29 PM
"Auir is the great city created by Baldier, and the home of the holy nexus.Although we intially came here to take it, perhaps we could negotiate for a piece of the rock, our interests are scientfic, so we would only need, but a small piece"
"Auir is the great cty created by Baldier, and the home of the holy nexus. Although we intially came here to take it, perhaps we could negotiate for a piece ofthe rock, our interests are scientfic, so we would only need, but a small piece."
The High templar spoke.

Emperor Demonking
2008-09-18, 12:41 PM
Illopet

Illopet's figment looked at them. "In return for the information you know about the history of this world I shall let you have a small peice. Also I would like to know about your god."

Fan
2008-09-18, 12:46 PM
"we are a great learned peoples, and are relegious leaders in our land, yet we are no fools what garuntee do we have that you are simply lying to us, and have in fact not found the rock at all? Give us proof of the stars existance, and that you have found it, and the knwoldge shall be yours."
"we are a great learned peoples, and are relegious leaders in our land, yet we are no fools what garuntee do we have that you are simply lying to us, and have in fact not found the rock at all? Give us proof of the stars existance, and that you have found it, and the knwoldge shall be yours."