PDA

View Full Version : Extended Discussion Bored

rebellioussong
2006-03-08, 05:58 PM
We all love gaming and the comics and silly games, but sometimes i wish that we have a forum for kind, but more intense debate. This board is not for flaming or being rude

it is just an idea. i am also a member of an open forum where this kind of message board is avalible. I would really love it if i didn't actually have to leave this sight for this kind of discussion.

What do you all think
i would also like to hear what any of the mods think about this

thanks

WampaX
2006-03-08, 06:18 PM
Again, just like the "In character Role-play" board, the Giant has stated that such a place will most likely not exist in the Playground. It would require diligent modding and would encompass topics that the Giant does not want here.

As you have said, there are other message boards that exist for just such types of debates. The Playground is the Playground and will not deviate too much from what is currently being offered (until the Giant is finally driven insane and the Playground turns into a personal shooting gallery . . . but that's not scheduled until the upgrade after this one).

I really should go diggin' through the posts to find these things, but trust me, these "the Giant has stated" comments do exist.

RawBearNYC
2006-03-08, 06:40 PM
We all love gaming and the comics and silly games, but sometimes i wish that we have a forum for kind, but more intense debate. This board is not for flaming or being rude

it is just an idea. i am also a member of an open forum where this kind of message board is avalible. I would really love it if i didn't actually have to leave this sight for this kind of discussion.

What do you all think
i would also like to hear what any of the mods think about this

thanks
I'm not sure what you mean. Nothing's stopping anyone from having an in depth conversation about any of the topics we cover here, except maybe the community. But if the community dosn't want to discuss something, it probably won't. We already have rules about flaming or rudeness.

Unless you're talking about wanting to have a space to discuss topics that aren't covered already, then it's as Wampa says. The Giant wants to keep the topics covered targetted to gaming and OOTS.

Samiam303
2006-03-08, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I think she's requesting a seperate forum for more mature topics that aren't currently allowed. I'm not sure though.

Adghar
2006-03-09, 01:06 AM
I don't think the OP is intending for there to be a section for more mature topics, maybe just something not as seemingly pointless as "Friendly Banter." I don't see why a discussion thread couldn't be set up under the Friendly Banter section, but the OP could be requesting something more... discussiony? I'm not good at explaining, but you can take NPF's Discussion section (http://forum.nuklearpower.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4) for example. For the record, I'm for leaving the boards as it is.

Gorbash Kazdar
2006-03-09, 11:18 AM
The typo in this thread's title amuses me a lot more than it probably should.

LadyGlutter
2006-03-09, 11:32 AM
Me too. I keep thinking of the time Norm MacDonald was sitting next to Courtney Thorne Smith during an interview (Conan O'Brien, I think?) and she was trying to hype her movie Chairman of the Board. Norm MacDonald says, "Oh, it's got CarrotTop in it? How do you spell that, B-O-R-E-D?" ;D Oh, she was ticked! It's just one of those one liners that will live with me forever.

But, er, to stay on topic, I'm a little confused by what the OP meant, too. Do you mean for more mature topics? Because the 'debate' on RPGs and stuff gets pretty intense without any flaming, in my opinion.