PDA

View Full Version : The Flesh Wearer

Graymayre
2008-09-13, 04:10 PM
Funny story in an Eberron campaign I was in:

It was a group comprising of a Kensei-like warrior (monk/fighter), a Warforged Fighter who pretended to be HK-9000 (or whatever number it is in KOTOR), and an Artificer (myself).

Our objective was to track a bandit group through the woods and bring them to justice in the nearby city of Sharn. Once we found the camp, I suggested something that had us laughing for the next 30 minutes. I glammered the warforged's skin to make him look like a half-orc, and he walked into the middle of the bandit camp.

Just as the bandits noticed he was there, I cast enlarge person on him while he simultaneously deactivated the glammer in a way that seemed like he was ripping a fleshy shell off of himself. Then he screamed:

I AM THE FLESH WEARER. *points at random bandit* YOU WILL BE MY NEW SKIN!

Needless to say, nearly all of them failed their will saves, and were feared by the performance. :smallbiggrin:

Does anyone else have stories about illusions used to such greatness?

Gorbash
2008-09-13, 06:53 PM
Failed their will saves against what exactly...?

Bandededed
2008-09-13, 06:58 PM
Failed their will saves against what exactly...?

Against their instinctive loss of bladder control, mayhaps?

Glyde
2008-09-13, 06:59 PM
Obviously, their will save against awesome. Things don't always have to be in the rules to be cool. XD

monty
2008-09-13, 07:00 PM
Will save against awesome, obviously.

Wow, talk about a ninja...

monty
2008-09-13, 07:01 PM
Obviously, their will save against awesome. Things don't always have to be in the rules to be cool. XD

Rule of Cool, maybe? Awesome things are always in the rules.

Ascension
2008-09-13, 07:29 PM
I was playing in a d20 Modern one-shot once where a guy who was wielding a pump action shotgun blew away a zombie with a shot behind his back, threw the shotgun in the air and caught it, pumping it in the process (DEX check, success), then whipped around and blew off another zombie's head. Two cops who had shown up to investigate the incident were watching when he did this, and the DM let the player roll an intimidate check against them. He succeeded and they ran.

This is the same guy who had earlier wrecked our getaway vehicle by accidentally ramming a fountain while trying to do a bootlegger turn in the middle of a city park and who later hit my character with grenades twice, almost killing him in the process, simply because there was a group of zombies surrounding me.

lordofthe_wog
2008-09-13, 07:36 PM
HK-47, child. Or HK-50 if you wanna be annoying.

I was DMing a group consisting of a Drow Ranger (That wasn't a Drizz't clone, although he wasn't Evil), a Halfling Rogue played by my friend who cannot roll poorly (I'm the opposite, I can't roll good no matter WHAT), my fighter being run by some other sap, and some sorcerer. Anyway, the Rogue made his Jump check, leapt onto Owlbear 1's back, made a Ride check and succeeded, and proceeded to ram this owlbear into a tree, knocking it down and killing the first owlbear. Annoyingly enough, the tree landed on the second owlbear, killing it as well. Now, this would usually be fine and dandy, except there was a bet going on about which owlbear would die first. The ranger and rogue were fighting Owlbear 1, and the fighter and sorcerer had taken arms up against number 2. That rogue got rich that day.

Toliudar
2008-09-13, 08:06 PM
One party, I was playing an illusionist alongside a conjuror-specializing cleric. We'd developed a routine where he summons some real creatures, then I create the illusion of more. The monsters leap into battle, and even after some opponents start figuring out that some are illusions, we kept them mixed up so that they couldn't be sure whether they could ignore the critter in front of them. Really helped the others mop up.