PDA

View Full Version : What would you do for a tickle me Elan?

Llaqus
2008-09-13, 09:00 PM
After seeing someone post this:

Great, that last line just has me thinking you could make a fortune with "Tickle Me Elan" dolls. :smallamused:

Though I am dreadfully worried about V... I have a bad feeling about this. :smalleek:

What would you do for a tickle me elan?

Enlong
2008-09-13, 09:02 PM
Trade a Klondike Bar. :smallamused:

But seriously, I'd like an Elan Plushie: tickle-me or otherwise.

Staven
2008-09-13, 09:04 PM
A :thog: plushie would sell better. He's just cute. Admit it. He's a CE puppy.

Vizen
2008-09-13, 09:05 PM
I lolled when I read that post in the other thread.

You know, I bet it would come with its own censor bar too for those who just want to see him naked..

snoopy13a
2008-09-13, 09:07 PM
After seeing someone post this:

What would you do for a tickle me elan?

With a Velcro Goatee, it can also be a tickle me Nale :smalltongue:

DrivinAllNight
2008-09-13, 10:05 PM
Actually the whole line of characters would be a great idea, and with Elan and with Haley you would have to have more than one style of clothes for them to wear, and maybe even a King outfit for Roy. I don't know if a Velcro goatee would be the best way to do it to get a Nale doll, more money if they are seperate, but a Velcro goatee would have to be an option for the Elan with his prison outfit. And I know some people who collect the larger Stuffed Characters like Mickey and Minine mouse, and have them as passengers in their car when they drive, so I think a Large Stuffed Roy would be just awesome as a passanger in a vehicle, or even better, the Chief of Police of Cliffport (prior to death), since he would make a great conversation piece when you get pulled over by the cops.
Anycase, my 2cp's say lets have some dolls :smallsmile:

Ryzorrin
2008-09-13, 11:34 PM
Character plushies would be pretty cool. I would personally love to see a :thog:

Enlong
2008-09-13, 11:36 PM
Or how about plastic "Magic Color Changing Miko"? Changes to beige when she Falls... into cold or warm water! Only $ 19:99!

Mauve Shirt
2008-09-13, 11:45 PM
If the tickle-me-Elan is as creepy as the Elmo, I would avoid it.
Plushies aren't a bad idea. Hard to make stick figures 3D though.

drengnikrafe
2008-09-13, 11:54 PM
I have to agree with the last poster. It would be hard to make a 3-D stick figure that didn't look awful. And, if you were to add details to him, they would be assumed, contrived, or otherwise inaccurate or awful.

It's a grand idea, but I don't think it can be pulled off.

I personally would rather have a Vaarsuvius Plushie which, when squeezed, began (and went all the way through) 1 of 3 rants at very high speed.

Mauve Shirt
2008-09-14, 12:06 AM
I personally would rather have a Vaarsuvius Plushie which, when squeezed, began (and went all the way through) 1 of 3 rants at very high speed.

That's a fabulous idea, as long as it's not similar to his latest rants about the power of magic, because then I would rip it's head off. And thus waste probably $30+

Enlong
2008-09-14, 12:17 AM
Well, there's an awesome rant about magic that's not quite as annoying as most in Origin of PCs that would be hilarious at high speed and high pitch.
"I am capable of manipulating matter and energy on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look to the heavens, and shout 'Giddy up, boy!' You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other then slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast then of which you are even aware."

Felixaar
2008-09-14, 12:18 AM
*high-fives Mauve Shirt* We agree on something!

Also, I would give my left Earlobe for a tickle-me Elan, as long as it was the perfect tickle-me Elan

I think phrases would be "Dun dun Dunnnnn!" "I'm invisible" and "Wait, what?"

Though I'd give my left earlobe for most things. I think i'd look totally cool missing an earlobe...

Enlong
2008-09-14, 12:20 AM
*high-fives Mauve Shirt* We agree on something!

Also, I would give my left Earlobe for a tickle-me Elan, as long as it was the perfect tickle-me Elan

I think phrases would be "Dun dun Dunnnnn!" "I'm invisible" and "Wait, what?"

Though I'd give my left earlobe for most things. I think i'd look totally cool missing an earlobe...

Gogh ahead and do it!

Fawkes
2008-09-14, 10:59 AM
I want a Julio Scoundrel action figure, like in SoD.

Woof
2008-09-14, 01:00 PM
I want an Argent plushie :P

WarriorTribble
2008-09-14, 01:42 PM
Tickle-me-Elan... sounds like a sexual harassment suit and/or a swift arrow where the sun doesn't shine. :smalltongue:

Llaqus
2008-09-14, 07:44 PM
I have to agree with the last poster. It would be hard to make a 3-D stick figure that didn't look awful. And, if you were to add details to him, they would be assumed, contrived, or otherwise inaccurate or awful.

It's a grand idea, but I don't think it can be pulled off.

I tend to disagree, i think it could be pulled off quite well, all you have to do is make the arms and legs black tubish like things filled with stuffing. i mean it would look silly if you made them flat, you just imagine them if they looked like they do in the comic but 3d. you don't add any details at all you leave the characters as is

Teron
2008-09-14, 11:30 PM
Gogh ahead and do it!
Brilliant. Just brilliant. I salute your masterful abuse of language.

Zolem
2008-09-15, 09:46 AM
It's not that hard to make a 3-d stick figure plushy. Tubing for hands/arms/legsfeet, and chest/head/boots/props/ are front and back, with and side details on the side, sown directly together and filed with cotton.. It's not that bad an idea.

DrivinAllNight
2008-09-16, 12:36 AM
and speaking of details, Roy would have to have 2 different boots, one big, one small, and removable so you could put them on the appropriate foot as needed :)

Linkavitch
2008-09-16, 01:43 PM
I lolled when I read that post in the other thread.

You know, I bet it would come with its own censor bar too for those who just want to see him naked..

(shudders) I would probably look at it, if I found it at, like, wal-mart or something, dumbfounded, for a few minutes, set it down, look at it again, and then run, screaming, for the nearest corner, where I would sit down, rocking back and forth, singing 'jingle bells' at the top of my lungs.

Helanna
2008-09-16, 02:26 PM
Gogh ahead and do it!

That was quite painful. I had to stop reading and put my head down for a while, silently laughing. I totally missed whatever it was my mom was saying to me at that moment.

Hmm . . . OOTS plushies . . . they wouldn't be too difficult, I think. I probably wouldn't buy one but that's because I have no money. :smallfrown:

Hzurr
2008-09-16, 02:38 PM
One issue with talking Plushies: Voices.

I mean, I know how I think Roy and Elan talk, but I doubt it's the same as how anyone else thinks they talk. I mean, with most talking plushie things, there's already an established voice for the character (elmo, various Disney characters, etc.), but with these, everyone has his/her own personal view.

Also, this would also require getting fairly decent voice actors (when you just get friends to do it, it tends to sound...crappy. Nothing you can ever place your finger on, but just a feeling of "that doesn't sound right...")

Llaqus
2008-09-17, 02:35 PM
One issue with talking Plushies: Voices.

I mean, I know how I think Roy and Elan talk, but I doubt it's the same as how anyone else thinks they talk. I mean, with most talking plushie things, there's already an established voice for the character (elmo, various Disney characters, etc.), but with these, everyone has his/her own personal view.

Also, this would also require getting fairly decent voice actors (when you just get friends to do it, it tends to sound...crappy. Nothing you can ever place your finger on, but just a feeling of "that doesn't sound right...")

Ya, i know what you mean that was one of the qualms i thought about too, i suppose you could just have them come with like attachable word bubbles that have some of their better quotes, but that would increase production cost. But you could still pull off the plushies themselves even if they didn't talk.

interesting thing about how i imagine the voices some of them i can't even place where i heard them before but i fit them there because the fit so perfectly. Take Xykon for example i imagine his voice as kinda deep with an echo with a comical tinge to it, i know ive heard this voice somewhere before but i cant put my finger on it. Elan i kinda imagine as rather squeaky and annoying, and interesting enough hes supposed to have the same voice as nale but i imagined nale as having a slightly deeper more eloquent voice. Of course i imagine durkon as having a standard Scotsman voice that you always hear dwarves with, as for V i imagine him/her as having a voice that makes him/her indistinguishably male or female, a kind of boyish voice that could go either way and Haley some random female voice, i don't think i can exactly describe it.

anyways.... that is not the point i think that plushies would be a good idea voice or no voice, but if your going to do voices might as well do a good job and ask the fan's opinions on how they think it sounds first.

Gamerlord
2008-09-17, 02:47 PM
I would hold a kobald at gunpoint for a stuffed toy :smallbiggrin:

vegetalss4
2008-09-19, 02:33 PM
Well, there's an awesome rant about magic that's not quite as annoying as most in Origin of PCs that would be hilarious at high speed and high pitch.
"I am capable of manipulating matter and energy on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look to the heavens, and shout 'Giddy up, boy!' You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other then slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast then of which you are even aware."

i am of the oppinion that while that is cool rant, Roys answer was Truly awesome