PDA

View Full Version : Mounted Combat PrC?

Zeta Kai
2008-09-14, 01:41 PM
Is there a prestige class that focuses on or specializes in mounted combat? I've looked, & I don't see any; perhaps I should look harder. I'm specifically looking for WotC-published material, but if there's a third-party or homebrew PrC, that'd be fine, too. I just don't want to have to make it myself. :smallwink:

tonberrian
2008-09-14, 01:43 PM
Cavalier and Halfling Outrider in CW are both based on mounted combat.

Kellus
2008-09-14, 01:47 PM
Also:

• The wild plains outrider in Complete Adventurer
• The dragonrider in the Draconomicon
• The ashworm dragoon in Sandstorm

The last two are mount-specific, but the wild plains outrider is a good choice for any mounted character.

GrandMasterMe
2008-09-14, 01:47 PM
Don't know about PrC's but if you use a lance and then use the feat spirited charge your going to be doing some serious damage

Grynning
2008-09-14, 01:48 PM
There's one in Frostburn, too, focused around riding a giant caribou thingy (megalocerops or something like that). Unfortunately I don't have the book anymore so I can't remember the name of the class, but I remember it being decent.

Kellus
2008-09-14, 01:51 PM
A couple more that occured to me:

• Aglarondan griffonrider, from Unapproachable East
• Knight of the Flying Hunt, from Champions of Valor
• Beloved of Valarian, from the Book of Exalted Deeds

EDIT: Grynning, you're thinking of the Knight of the Iron Glacier, from Frostburn.

Paul H
2008-09-14, 06:07 PM
Hi

Hospitaler's (CD) also good.

Try a Druid 7/Hospitaler combi. Mtd Combat on a Rhino or FlyBy attacks on a Dire Bat?

OK - you give up some of the Druid abilities, and lose 3 caster levels, but you gain some Paladin abiities & 3 Fighter Feats, and Martial Wpns instead. And don't forget your mount shares your spells & buffs! :)

Human Druid 7/Hospitaler3

BAB +8
Base Saves F7 R2 W5
Spirited Charge with Gt Club/Shillelagh does 6D8+lots damage! :)

Cheers
Paul H