PDA

View Full Version : Looking for zombie help.

Corbin Jenkins
2008-09-14, 04:24 PM
So I'm running an Eberron campaign and one of my players wants to be an aerenal elf zombie. I can't seem to find rules for this and need some help. (I lack Libris Mortis).

RTGoodman
2008-09-14, 06:21 PM
I'm not sure about zombies, but is the player talking about being Deathless (like the Aerenal Elf ancestors or whatever are)? I think the Deathless template is in Book of Exalted Deeds and, if it's the same thing you're talking about, is probably reprinted or at least mentioned in one of the Eberron books (probably the Campaign Setting, Player's Guide, or Magic of Eberron).

Kyeudo
2008-09-14, 06:31 PM
I'm not sure about zombies, but is the player talking about being Deathless (like the Aerenal Elf ancestors or whatever are)? I think the Deathless template is in Book of Exalted Deeds and, if it's the same thing you're talking about, is probably reprinted or at least mentioned in one of the Eberron books (probably the Campaign Setting, Player's Guide, or Magic of Eberron).

There is no Deathless template printed in any Eberron supplement that I know of, and I'm only missing Dragons of Eberron.

I'd suggest to the OP to just use a Undying Soldier as the character's race. It doesn't have too many special abilities, so at most I'd give the Undying Soldier no more than a +2 LA, for a total of a EL 6 character to start out.

RTGoodman
2008-09-14, 06:39 PM
Yeah, okay, I looked some stuff up and apparently there's not a Deathless template - the Undying Court and others just have the Deathless type (which is basically Undead, but Good!). I figured there'd just be a template of some sort for them somewhere. The Undying Soldier could work, or I know there was actually a Good Lich template in Monsters of Faerun if you've got it and are willing to mix and match setting material.

KillianHawkeye
2008-09-15, 10:03 AM
Well, the OP seems to be asking about zombies. The zombie template is in the Monster Manual, but since zombies are nonintelligent undead, they are really not a suitable choice for a PC. Unless zombies are different in Eberron or you meant to ask about something else?

monty
2008-09-15, 11:34 AM
There's the Awaken Undead spell from Libris Mortis. It won't give great Intelligence (4+1d6), but it'd at least be playable, unlike a regular zombie.