PDA

View Full Version : sig problems

Jacklu
2006-02-21, 04:06 AM
Ok, its really late so I can't figure this out.

Whenever my sig has less than 10 free characters left, that is I've used all but 10 characters, characters are deleted off of my sig so that I have 10 free characters left when I hit "change profile". I ended up having to change my sig so that I have 10 free characters so it doesn't delete the end of one of my links. It's really annoying! >:( Can anyone help?

Rawhide
2006-02-21, 04:24 AM
Rather than reinventing the wheel, I'll let squishycube do the talking.

Recently I looked and my signature, and behold: it's a letter short! The board ate the last few characters of my sig and I think I know why:

The field in the database where a users signature is stored probably has the same maximum length as the field where you fill the signature in, 300 characters. But Yabb probably isn't stupid, so they must have programmed some security in. One of those security measures is the 'addslashes' feature, which adds some characters so all strings are safe to store in the database. But: This makes a signature a few characters longer.

[snip]

Characters include ', ", &, etc.

Jacklu
2006-02-21, 08:03 AM
Thanks, that makes a lot more sense than the "my computer is possesed and hates me so it will eat my sig and make my links usless" reason that I came up with. ;D