PDA

View Full Version : Order of the Stick in Tristram

ArlEammon
2008-09-15, 10:25 PM
What would happen if the Order of the Stick are called to fight Diablo instead of the three main characters of Diablo?

Sneak
2008-09-15, 10:28 PM
Well, seeing as you start out pretty inexperienced and crappy in Diablo...I'm guessing they would win fairly easily, if they went through the whole game the way the PC normally does.

ArlEammon
2008-09-15, 10:28 PM
Well, seeing as you start out pretty inexperienced and crappy in Diablo...I'm guessing they would win fairly easily, if they went through the whole game the way the PC normally does.

What if they all began as level 1?

Cybren
2008-09-16, 02:08 AM

While they would trounce the game easily, you are expected to restart the game with a high level character in diablo due to the asinine way the dungeons are generated.

Mr. Scaly
2008-09-16, 08:23 AM
Belkar would turn on them in an instant if he thought he had a shot at being Diablo's new body.

Tengu_temp
2008-09-16, 08:32 AM
Belkar would turn on them in an instant if he thought he had a shot at being Diablo's new body.

And then he'd get owned.

Seeing that Diablo 1 is a game that can be easily finished solo, and unlike Diablo 2 it doesn't scale the monsters up for larger groups, I'd say that the main differences would be:
1. They'd breeze through the dungeon even faster.
2. Diablo 2 would never happen, unless some NPC would pick Diablo's stone up.
3. Everything would be much less gothic and much funnier.

Cubey
2008-09-16, 08:33 AM

No, he would not. Not if he knew about the consequences. Being crazy powerful and evil is tempting, but I don't think Belkar wants to be a will-less vessel to another being that controls him.

Level 1 in Diablo is not the same as level 1 in DnD. Powers of each game are totally different. While D2 and especially the incoming D3 are quite epic and even a low level character is supposed to be a great hero, Diablo 1 has a rather low power level. However... if OotS were to be reduced to a power equivalent of a starting Diablo character, they'd still win. There's friggin' six of them, and Diablo was killed by ONE.

Also, what a versus thread about a webcomic and a video game is doing in the media forum? I have no idea.

Mr. Scaly
2008-09-16, 09:16 AM
Well since Belkar has both "a wisdom score normally reserved for lemmings" and "an intelligence score that could be compared unfavourably to that of a table" I think DIablo could talk him into it. :smallwink:

I don't think this is a vs thread so much as speculation.