PDA

View Full Version : Alignments

Linkavitch
2008-09-16, 01:39 PM
I started a new thread on this because what I'm asking is different from what alignment the characters are, I'm asking what the alignments mean. I understand Good, Evil, and Neutral pretty well, I think, but it's the Chaotic, Lawful and True stuff I'm talking about. Anyway, I also don't know if this should be in the d20 forum or not, so sorry if it is.

Morty
2008-09-16, 01:47 PM
Here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/description.htm#alignment) are the basic descriptions of alignments in D&D. Just remember that they're highly controversial and their definitions are very subjective.

Linkavitch
2008-09-16, 01:53 PM
Huh. That makes alot of sense.

Zolem
2008-09-16, 05:25 PM
and here is a quick simple version.

Law - Good: Order, structure, protective laws, rights, justice. Bad: Intolerence, lack of creativity, slavery, tyrany.

Chaos - Good: Creativity, freedom, expressive, change (for the better). Bad: Anarchy, destruction, insanity.

Neither is good, neither is evil. It's all about how you use them.

Linkavitch
2008-09-17, 12:02 PM
Ah. Chaotic Evil really does explain :belkar: then...

King of Nowhere
2008-09-17, 01:47 PM
Also remember that alignments aren't to be taken strictly. A chaotic person may have lawful sides and act lawfully, and vice versa.
Also, having friends and being nice and loial to them is cross-alignment. Even most chaotic evil person have someone they really care for. Except for extremely evil, like Xykon or Belkar.