PDA

View Full Version : Language Learning

Leicontis
2008-09-16, 05:30 PM
Does anybody have a way they run language learning in their 3.0/3.5 games other than "buy a rank"? The sharp change between "I don't speak Draconic" to "I speak, read, and write fluent Draconic" is just a bit jarring to me, but I can't figure out any better way to run it.

fractic
2008-09-16, 05:34 PM
Does anybody have a way they run language learning in their 3.0/3.5 games other than "buy a rank"? The sharp change between "I don't speak Draconic" to "I speak, read, and write fluent Draconic" is just a bit jarring to me, but I can't figure out any better way to run it.

The change is only as jarring as you want it to be. Ranks are supposed to represent training of some sort. If you let your characters level up in the middle of dungeons it will inevitably make less sense.

Kizara
2008-09-16, 06:12 PM

TA DAH!
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4017745#post4017745

One of my best pieces of work. :)