PDA

View Full Version : Freiza in Marvel Comics!

ArlEammon
2008-09-16, 05:47 PM
So, Freiza finds himself in the Marvel Universe all the sudden? How interesting would things be in that situation? Lets speculate what might happen. :)

Jayngfet
2008-09-16, 05:50 PM
Pre or post Namek?

ArlEammon
2008-09-16, 05:54 PM
Uh before he got killed.

DraPrime
2008-09-16, 06:15 PM
I think the mods had banned very vague threads like this.

ArlEammon
2008-09-16, 06:18 PM
::Looks around him.::"It is not wise to say such things aloud. They say that the moderators have the dead threads hanging on meathooks in a room. AND THEY TALK TO THEM!"

Nerd-o-rama
2008-09-16, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I don't mean to take the mods' job or anything, but you should really familiarize yourself with this sticky (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70661), and maybe look around at some other peoples' vs. threads for ideas on how to set up a more thought-out scenario.

Revanmal
2008-09-16, 08:25 PM
Yeah, I don't mean to take the mods' job or anything, but you should really familiarize yourself with this sticky (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70661), and maybe look around at some other peoples' vs. threads for ideas on how to set up a more thought-out scenario.

This doesn't seem like a VS. thread. More like speculation on what one character would do in a given situation. He isn't facing off against anyone in particular, we're just wondering what would happen.

Anteros
2008-09-16, 10:16 PM
He'd probably end up trying to recruit some of the higher power villains and then blowing up the earth. Not too many people in the marvel universe have the raw power to stand up to someone from DBZ.

ArlEammon
2008-09-16, 10:26 PM
He'd probably end up trying to recruit some of the higher power villains and then blowing up the earth. Not too many people in the marvel universe have the raw power to stand up to someone from DBZ.

Hulk, Magneto, maybe Collosus, Dr. Strange, Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Scarlet Witch, Professor X, and Apocalypse.(Apocalypse is a "maybe")

Anteros
2008-09-16, 11:06 PM
Hulk, Magneto, maybe Collosus, Dr. Strange, Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Scarlet Witch, Professor X, and Apocalypse.(Apocalypse is a "maybe")

The only one of those who would have a chance is Dr. Strange. The weakest DBZ characters can destroy planets with the energy of just 1 finger. Frieza is among the strongest.

ArlEammon
2008-09-16, 11:09 PM
The only one of those who would have a chance is Dr. Strange. The weakest DBZ characters can destroy planets with the energy of just 1 finger. Frieza is among the strongest.

Gladiator's alot like Superman though....

Callos_DeTerran
2008-09-16, 11:09 PM

...I didn't even expect to speak in this thread but I had to. Frieze is only considered powerful for half the series. Then he's so insignificant compared to other DBZ characters that it's not even funny.

Anteros
2008-09-16, 11:13 PM
...I didn't even expect to speak in this thread but I had to. Frieze is only considered powerful for half the series. Then he's so insignificant compared to other DBZ characters that it's not even funny.

That's true, but he is still far more powerful than the weaklings of the series, and even the weaklings can destroy entire planets. Piccolo blew up the moon with a power rating of about 300. Frieza's is rated at about 4 and a half million. And yes, Superman is powerful, but by the end of the series there are characters who could simply hold him down and rip his arms off if they wanted to. You just can't compare DBZ to other things, it's beyond silly.

ArlEammon
2008-09-16, 11:14 PM
1940's Superman could toss around planets.....

He could give alot of DBZ character's a run for their money.

chiasaur11
2008-09-16, 11:19 PM
I figure Richards'd take him out quick.

I mean, he takes a day to invent a new field of human endeavor. He invented a device that lets anything travel anywhere in time. He killed a god. Not a rinky dink Thor level guy, we're talking a Celestial, one of a race that made mankind, and could only be locked up by the combined efforts of the rest of his species.

Frieza would be a lazy Saturday project.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-09-16, 11:21 PM
That's true, but he is still far more powerful than the weaklings of the series, and even the weaklings can destroy entire planets. Piccolo blew up the moon with a power rating of about 300. Frieza's is rated at about 4 and a half million. And yes, Superman is powerful, but by the end of the series there are characters who could simply hold him down and rip his arms off if they wanted to. You just can't compare DBZ to other things, it's beyond silly.

Actually I believe it was determined else where that while Goku could give Superman a good fight, his series didn't last long enough for him to accumulate enough power to be a more fatal threat. Granted this was on a completely different forum but just pointin' that out there. I think that was done pre-Buu and GT though.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-09-16, 11:51 PM
Piccolo blew up the moon with a power rating of about 300.Master Roshi Jackie Chun did that in the first Dragonball series for pretty much the same reason, and I'm sure his power level is significantly lower.

...don't ask me where they got another moon. I try not to think about it.

Anteros
2008-09-16, 11:52 PM
Actually I believe it was determined else where that while Goku could give Superman a good fight, his series didn't last long enough for him to accumulate enough power to be a more fatal threat. Granted this was on a completely different forum but just pointin' that out there. I think that was done pre-Buu and GT though.

Let's face it. We could do a Goku vs. Link vs thread and people would argue for Link. It hardly means anything.

1940's Superman could toss around planets.....

He could give alot of DBZ character's a run for their money.

1940s Superman doesn't exactly exist in modern day Marvel though, and I can't think of anyone in Marvel on his power level.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-09-16, 11:54 PM
Master Roshi Jackie Chun did that in the first Dragonball series for pretty much the same reason, and I'm sure his power level is significantly lower.

Isn't it obvious? The presence of Saiyans simply reforged the moon's fragments with sheer power and thus Piccolo had to destroy it again. :smalltongue:

((If I remember right though Piccolo didn't destroy the moon, he destroyed a hologram that Goku's old capsule projected so he'd transform on arriving and activated about thirty years too late. Piccolo then destroyed the capsule for good measure...he was a very thorough Namek.))

EDIT: No I meant moreso that people agreed that if Goku's varies series had gone on as long as Superman's then he'd outclass the Man of Steel since his powers would keep developing but it didn't so Goku didn't...if that makes any sense.

chiasaur11
2008-09-16, 11:56 PM
Let's face it. We could do a Goku vs. Link vs thread and people would argue for Link. It hardly means anything.

1940s Superman doesn't exactly exist in modern day Marvel though, and I can't think of anyone in Marvel on his power level.

There is the (shudder) Sentry.

He's the same thing, but with many more mental issues.

And Reed can do ANYTHING HE WANTS with SCIENCE!

The man is a genius, and Doom is near his equal.

Anteros
2008-09-16, 11:57 PM
Isn't it obvious? The presence of Saiyans simply reforged the moon's fragments with sheer power and thus Piccolo had to destroy it again. :smalltongue:

((If I remember right though Piccolo didn't destroy the moon, he destroyed a hologram that Goku's old capsule projected so he'd transform on arriving and activated about thirty years too late. Piccolo then destroyed the capsule for good measure...he was a very thorough Namek.))

Piccolo blew up the moon first, and then the hologram. They were 2 different episodes. Honestly the reappearance of the moon isn't all that far fetched though in a world where people can wish for whatever they want once a year.

Anteros
2008-09-16, 11:59 PM
Sentry is about mordern day Supe's level of power. 1940's Superman was waaaaay stronger, and could probably beat someone like Frieza easily.

Enlong
2008-09-17, 12:01 AM
Master Roshi Jackie Chun did that in the first Dragonball series for pretty much the same reason, and I'm sure his power level is significantly lower.

Goku traded his tail to Kami for it. True story. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/IAmNotMakingThisUp)

Also, I have half a G that Frieza becomes a Herald of Galactus. He'd certainly have more job satisfaction then the Surfer. Immortality? PHENOMINAL COSMIC POWER*?! Frieza would take that up in a heartbeat and have fun blowing up planets that Galactus doesn't wanna eat.

*Ittybittylivingspace not included

Talkkno
2008-09-17, 12:02 AM
Didn't somewhere we conclude that some DBZ charecters could *****slap the GEOM?

ArlEammon
2008-09-17, 12:03 AM
The GEOM can blow up Goku's brains..

Enlong
2008-09-17, 12:04 AM
The GEOM can blow up Goku's brains..

Are you suggesting he has brains?

Anteros
2008-09-17, 12:09 AM
The Alladin reference wins. Thread over.

Piedmon_Sama
2008-09-17, 03:12 AM
When we say "Freeza appears in the Marvel Universe" (616), I assume you mean he appears on the surface of earth. Well, as it happens right now there is a global war going on between humans and their superhero protectors, and a massive Skrull invasion. The Skrulls are shapeshifting aliens who have been meticulously planning this invasion for months--not only did they infiltrate every superhero team on earth, they've got a fleet orbiting the planet right now.

Frankly, I see no reason why Freeza would be particularly interested in Marvel's Earth. There's no instant-all-powerful magical orbs like the Dragonballs, and most Marvel characters would be too weak from his perspective to bother with. Freeza's actions depend on what equipment he has available, since he can't naturally sense energy and relies on a scouter--if he has one, he'll immediately determine there are no Dragonballs on this planet (and for that reason he'd probably not think he was on earth, plenty of species in the Dragonball universe look perfectly human, and Dragonball earth's geography is markedly different from our own anyway).

If he realizes that there are no Dragonballs, Freeza's next action will be to return to space--either to return to his empire, if he doesn't realize he's in a new universe, or to see what this new cosmos looks like. If he doesn't, he might search for the Dragonballs for a while; Freeza would never bother to keep a low profile, so he'd rapidly come to the attention of both the Skrulls and the humans. I don't think either could oppose him. There's a handful of characters on Marvel earth (and its vicinity) who could conceivably kill Freeza: Black Bolt, Thor, The Sentry, Captain Marvel, and maybe Iron Man--Hulk at his power level in World War Hulk could have done it, but I don't know if he's that powerful still. Right now, Mar-Vel, Thor and The Sentry are available, with Black Bolt a Skrull prisoner. Sentry is moping in orbit around earth and Mar-Vel and Thor are kicking Skrull ass in North America.

If Freeza blunders into the middle of the war, he probably wouldn't even bother to understand the situation before he started loudly making demands: he'd want the Dragonballs, and a ship to get home. After he annihilated a few dozen Super Skrulls and smashed some superheroes, they'd eventually sic both Mar-Vel and Thor on him, and at that point Freeza just dies.

If he comes to realize on his own that there's no profit in hanging around on earth, Freeza enters space and would see the Skrull fleet. He'd probably just commandeer one, killing most of the crew and intimidating the survivors into turning the ship around for him (and disentegrate the rest of the fleet while he was at it). When the Skrulls tell him they have no idea where "Freeza Planet #1" is, or that the galactic coordinate system Freeza uses makes no sense to them, he'd probably just force them to take him back to the Skrull Empire. The Skrull invasion would be finished, and the surviving heroes would be left to wonder who the mysterious being that saved them all was.

In the greater area of space, Freeza is ultimately going to come into conflict with Marvel's cosmic heavy-hitters; he could devastate what was left of the Skrull Empire pretty easily, but it's not impossible they'd eventually kill him with one of their many planet-smashing weapons. If he turns to the Shi'ar (the third largest Empire in space) he'd ultimately come into conflict with their mightiest warrior, Gladiator. He's technically tough enough to go toe-to-toe with Freeza, but his strength being entirely confidence-based he'd probably falter after Freeza kept getting up from his heaviest blows and ultimately be killed. Vulcan would stand no chance; telepathic attacks (the Shi'ar Empire has some psychics I think, plus they've still got Rachel Summers locked away somewhere) might work, but in the Dragonball universe, telekinesis can't affect characters with a much greater power level than the psychic (see Chiaotzu's failed attempt to use telekinesis against Nappa). I don't know if it extends to telepathy.

In all likelihood Freeza would singlehandedly carve out a space empire of hundreds, if not thousands of worlds (the Marvel cosmos is teeming with life, the Skrull, Kree and Shi'Ar Empires are supposed to have a population of trillions) but by his nature he'd eventually get killed off. Freeza's problem is he can never stop looking for the next big thing to boost his power, and he's utterly incapable of acknowledging anything as more powerful than himself, so he'd probably get killed by one of the higher-level muckity mucks trying to collect the Infinity Gems or something.

But if he killed Vulcan it would all be worth it.

Anteros
2008-09-17, 08:41 AM
I disagree with your assessment that Thor or Captain Marvel could take him, but other than that I think you're about right.

Mr. Scaly
2008-09-17, 08:49 AM
You know, I was JUST thinking 'Huh...he'd probably head into space and restart the planet trade again.'

Actually I've never really thought of Freiza having a space empire at all in the traditional sense. I've always thought of him more as a businessman...lots of connections on lots of worlds who'll do his bidding when he tells them too but are otherwise left alone. He likes to kill things of course but in that way he's more like a very extreme Mr. Burns.

That said I can see him being the big scary middle man between half a dozen of Marvel's empires (I'd name them but I'm not familiar with them.) The kind of guy who'd help the skrulls in one of their invasions, or whoever in whatever...for a favour. With strings attached. In time I can see him directing control of these places from behind the scenes.

Of course this assumes he gets off of Earth without being blasted by whatever superheroes are his match.

AKA_Bait
2008-09-17, 09:09 AM
Agree with most otheres that there are a very limited number of Marvel characters that could face off against Freiza and make it interesting.

It's been a while since I read any actual marvel comics but from my youth the ones that jump to mind are:

Galactus
Anyone with an Infinity Gem

That's pretty much it...

ocato
2008-09-17, 09:53 AM
I disagree with your assessment that Thor or Captain Marvel could take him, but other than that I think you're about right.

I believe that recently Thor traveled to some celestial plane where he met the gods who made the Asgardian Gods ("Them jerks who's all sittin' up in the shadows and whatnot") and proceeded to beat them like rented mules until the Ragnarok Cycle was broken. He then disappeared for a while (*cough*worldwarhulk*cough*) and then reemerges as the new All-Father, having taken the place of Odin as Deity Supreme. He gets a hold of Mjolnir again, I believe, and is at that point pretty much the biggest contender around. Freezy might be a tough turkey in space, but around here we pray to Thor. and he gets the job done, son.

See the 4th and 5th acts (I think?) of Marvel Ultimate Alliance for more detail on the power he has assumed.

Rare Pink Leech
2008-09-17, 10:36 AM
I think Piedmon_Sama's resolution is quite good, but I'd like to comment on power levels of most of the Marvel characters mentioned so far.

From what I know of DBZ, its characters are so over-powered that many Marvel heavy-hitters wouldn't stand a chance. Magneto, Black Bolt, Iron Man, normal Hulk, and Colossus, while powerful by Earth standards, will get their butts kicked by others in the Marvel Universe.

Characters who could possibly put up a fight: World War Hulk, Sentry (the power of a thousand exploding suns, anyone?), the new Thor (since he now has the power of the Odin Force), and Apocalypse. Professor X might be able to handily disable him, but as we don't know how telepathy works in DBZ and as far as I can remember the professor is either currently dead/depowered/missing or otherwise incapacitated this probably won't work.

Dr. Strange and Mr. Fantastic could defeat him, using the deus ex machina power of magic and science, respectively, but that's no fun.

The Silver Surfer should be able to put up a very good fight (he can withstand entering suns and black holes and can destroy planets). Ditto for Thanos (cosmic power for the win). Both Galactus and the Phoenix force (the embodiment of all life that has ever or will ever exist) wouldn't even blink an eye while defeating Frieza, although that assumes that they are around or would even care.

chiasaur11
2008-09-17, 10:59 AM
I think Piedmon_Sama's resolution is quite good, but I'd like to comment on power levels of most of the Marvel characters mentioned so far.

From what I know of DBZ, its characters are so over-powered that many Marvel heavy-hitters wouldn't stand a chance. Magneto, Black Bolt, Iron Man, normal Hulk, and Colossus, while powerful by Earth standards, will get their butts kicked by others in the Marvel Universe.

Characters who could possibly put up a fight: World War Hulk, Sentry (the power of a thousand exploding suns, anyone?), the new Thor (since he now has the power of the Odin Force), and Apocalypse. Professor X might be able to handily disable him, but as we don't know how telepathy works in DBZ and as far as I can remember the professor is either currently dead/depowered/missing or otherwise incapacitated this probably won't work.

Dr. Strange and Mr. Fantastic could defeat him, using the deus ex machina power of magic and science, respectively, but that's no fun.

The Silver Surfer should be able to put up a very good fight (he can withstand entering suns and black holes and can destroy planets). Ditto for Thanos (cosmic power for the win). Both Galactus and the Phoenix force (the embodiment of all life that has ever or will ever exist) wouldn't even blink an eye while defeating Frieza, although that assumes that they are around or would even care.

You forgot at least two people.

There's Beta Ray Bill, AKA Horseface Thor. He beat Thor. In a fair fight. He beat a herald of Galactus, in a fair fight. He beat a whole universe of demons in a fight.

Mightiest warrior of an ancient civilization, even before he was turned into a cyborg genetically modified abomination, and even that was before he got Thor's hammer. I'd put money on him.

The second one, I'd bet my life savings on. Squirrel Girl. Heck, I'd bet major mafia figure's life savings on it.

ocato
2008-09-17, 11:26 AM
The second one, I'd bet my life savings on. Squirrel Girl. Heck, I'd bet major mafia figure's life savings on it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/steele_savagery/squirrelgirl.jpg

Couldn't help myself. Bad Photoshop for the win

Mr. Scaly
2008-09-17, 11:41 AM
Though I think he's smart enough to avoid it coming to that (unless someone insults his pride) if Freiza did fight somebody like Thor or the other guys stronger than he is he would get himself killed somehow. I mean the man cut himself in half with his own attack...and then tried to backstab the super saiyan who saved his life. If Thor or the Hulk or...whoever, say, humiliated him then let him live he'd do the same thing in a heartbeat.

horngeek
2008-09-18, 08:16 PM
The Alladin reference wins. Thread over.

sig'd. definitely

EDIT: In regard to the question, I'm thinking that he would piss off the Celestials or somone of a similar power level and get himself annihilated.

Enlong
2008-09-19, 09:20 PM
sig'd. definitely

Woah... A response to something I said got sig'd. That's at least... half a meta-sig for me! Cool!