PDA

View Full Version : Goose Egg Productions - Want monsters?

sigurd
2008-09-17, 01:37 AM
I'm trying to get my head around making modules and getting stuff into campaigns so I am announcing.... (Tiny drum roll) Goose Egg Productions.

Submit to the Goose Egg!

That's right zero, nadda, nothing.

At Goose Egg we intend to gather some OGL material for nothing, turn it into a product that has nothing wrong with it, and exchange it for twice as much ---- Still Nothing!

We promise our deadlines will be late, our artwork probably nonexistent, and we will be the best value in the industry!

Anyone who has written stuff that is clearly OGL and wishes to submit work to us is welcome to post in this thread. Artwork, Images, links to other work, or materials is very welcome.

Sigurd
Captain of the big Goose Egg!

For this project our focus will be monsters. But you may post other OGL resources into this thread if you like.

Goals

I'll accept almost anything that's 3.5 and OGL.

I will abide by the OGL license and all material must be OGL. Once its on the net I will not be responsible for where it goes or bringing it back. Make it something you're proud of and hope it has life in other games and products.

Honest mistakes: typos, mistakes of attribution, or faulty material will be corrected at the first opportunity. We do not intend to challenge legal copyright.

I need a real name for the author(s) and a reasonable assurance that you did write it. So send me a PM from the identity that wrote it with your real name and any short info you'd like included with the work.

I am really trying to treat everyone right. Please don't submit someone else's work, slightly rehashed or reworked. Work must be clearly released by the copyright holder.

I may make small editorial changes to fit themes or data structures for the collection. For example a 'magical beast' might become a "fey" type if it fits better or improves the collection over all.

I will try to show each contributor pre release versions for approval but I DO NOT PROMISE THIS. People get lost on the net, and I don't want to hold up everyone else's work to get difficult approvals.

We will strive to treat others as we wish to be treated.

Other people may work under the Goose Egg banner and I want to treat them well too.

Sigurd

I'm looking to have fun with this but produce something good and treat people well.

sigurd
2008-09-17, 01:43 AM
Anyone who wants to contribute to this thread is welcome according to the rules.

My first concern is legality
My second concern is politeness
My third concern is quality (of which I actually have no fear).

1. All contributions for 3.5 rules to become OGL
Here's the License (http://www.opengamingfoundation.org/ogl.html)
2. I need author's real names. Be proud of what you thought of.
3. Please, only constructive criticism but honest criticism is welcome.
4. You are welcome to suggest extra or off topic material but we may save that for another project.
5. You may post material here or place links to your own posts. Comments on linked material should be made in the linked threads.

You may send me emails at gooseegg000 "at" google "dot" com

As the material will be OGL you are welcome to modify or make your own collection (So long as you site the authors). I don't claim to own this project but I am volunteering to edit it. Be nice and understanding. If something gets changed slightly or saved for another project please be understanding.

Icewalker
2008-09-17, 01:56 AM
Well handily enough I just wrote up and posted a new creature that I came up with immediately upon reading a poem. The Steel Mastiff (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91266), an earth/fire elemental in the form of a large hunting dog appearing as a smooth silver surface.

Use of it is fine by me.

sigurd
2008-09-17, 06:38 AM
GE0001 - An Elementalists Grimoire

Writ on the half blasted remains of a copper scroll are deep insights into the elemental planes. Players finding the scroll will learn of terrors beyond daily understanding, add to their summon monster list, and discover some new spells.

Other possibilities might include coordinates and backstory for planar gates. Small fragments of gathered rumors and I don't know what all.
The idea is that this is a little book, easy to drop into a game or add to a random treasure list. If we get too much material we will make 'fragments' as separate pieces for the sake of focus and the DM.

- Elementals & Elemental Magic

Two weeks for material submissions from this Friday.
First deadline is end of day October 3rd.

Icewalker
2008-09-17, 06:18 PM
I'm guessing here that September 3rd is a typo.

sigurd
2008-09-17, 06:53 PM
cough, cough, er... er.

Thank you.

September 3rd was a typo - Very constructive criticism. Thank you.

:smallsmile:

I meant October 3rd.

Cause I'm the black knight! I'm invincible!

:smallsmile:

Sigurd