PDA

View Full Version : MITP Compilations Question

sigurd
2008-09-17, 11:47 AM
This is a question for anyone leading a collection here at GITP, especially the books that are still in the compiling stages.

Is it acceptable for your contributors to commit their work to other free projects in the meantime or after publication?

Goose Egg will hopefully be a loose collection of smaller works made and released for free. There is nothing to stop you collecting these works in your own collections.

I'd like to respect your project identity and make sure homebrew authors feel comfortable contributing material that may also appear in other collections.

MITP I?
MITP II?
Swamp Gas?

Any other collections I don't recall?

Sigurd

AKA_Bait
2008-09-17, 12:43 PM
This is a question for anyone leading a collection here at GITP, especially the books that are still in the compiling stages.

I'm not leading the collection, but VP has been in process of trying to do something with the MitP submissions. Duke of Url would be a good person to PM about this.

I'd like to respect your project identity and make sure homebrew authors feel comfortable contributing material that may also appear in other collections.

I'm a little confused here. I assume you are taking about homebrewers who contact you and give their permission for their stuff to be included in a collection you are putting together and not that you are planning on making a collection out of things posted on the homebrew forum and making a collection without the express written consent of the authors. I'm correct in assuming that right?

Duke of URL
2008-09-17, 12:49 PM
We haven't come to official terms with any of the contributors to MitP yet, mostly because we don't have official legal standing as a corporation to make such agreements.

As such, the contributors are the copyright owners and can assign reproduction rights to anyone they wish.

That said, we are still planning on doing this compilation, using VP staff to ensure consistency in formatting, filling in gaps (such as ecology and tactics), and hopefully artwork as well, to provide additional value to the project as a whole. We just need to get our legal ducks in a row.

sigurd
2008-09-17, 04:07 PM
Of course, I'm just looking for volunteers.

I don't want to rustle feathers in other projects though. I'm hoping our individual projects will be shorter and less ambitious. So larger compilations shouldn't feel there is a conflict.

I'd like authors to be comfortable with the same work in two projects so I'm asking if its acceptable to the other projects.

Sigurd