PDA

View Full Version : Internal Service 500 errors'

DeadlyGrim
2005-12-06, 09:42 PM
Whenever I try to post or send a PM, it seems to take forever for the page to load and when it eventually does, it instead comes up as an error page that says "Internal Service 500 Error" (or something to that effect). While the post still seems to get posted and the PM still seems to get sent (maybe, harder to tell), this is nonetheless very annoying.

This error has happened to me in the past, but this problem seems to not be going away.

EDIT: Hmmm, quite ironic. I didn't get an error when I posted this message. Still, in case the problem happens again...

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Web Server at giantitp.com

Wep page title says 500 Internal Server Error.

LoopyZebra
2005-12-08, 08:41 PM
I have this problem alot on some of the forums but not others.

Winged One
2005-12-08, 08:55 PM
I've been getting it a few times a day, myself.

Rawhide
2006-01-04, 10:59 AM
I am now getting this error whenever I try to open my outbox. I noticed this after getting this error from sending a PM, I went to the outbox to see if it had been sent.

RawBearNYC
2006-01-04, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the information guys. Unfortunately, if I'm not paying attention the moment that the error occurs, it's prohibitively difficult to troubleshoot them, due to the amount of data that goes into the error log daily. This site is just too freaking popular :(

The Glyphstone
2006-01-04, 12:58 PM
I'm having the exact same problem with my outbox. It's particularly irritating because I need to see my outbox to know what messages I sent (having a Q&A session with a impending DM, but he can only answer in one-word or short phrases, and I can't remember what I asked).

Winged One
2006-01-04, 07:16 PM
Now getting these errors from my PM inbox.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Web Server at giantitp.com

Rawhide
2006-01-05, 03:31 AM
I too got this error on my inbox once last night. Hasn't happened again yet though.

DeadlyGrim
2006-01-07, 01:01 PM
Hmmmm, it might be Firefox related, but I can't tell for sure. When I'm getting the 500 Internal Server Error when trying to post, I can't do it in Firefox or IE. However, I'm also starting to get this error when I try to see the last X posts of a person but it apparently only happens in Firefox. With IE, I don't get the error.

Winged One
2006-01-07, 02:35 PM
I'm getting in in Safari and Firefox, I don't use IE.

Rawhide
2006-01-14, 08:13 AM
The server upgrade appears to have fixed this for me, maybe. I am not currently receiving this error on my outbox.

Winged One
2006-01-14, 03:38 PM
I haven't gotten the error since the upgrade either.