PDA

View Full Version : 4e Fansite Rules

AKA_Bait
2008-09-17, 02:17 PM
Hey folks,

It occured to me today that I haven't heard anything about the fansite policy which was supposed to be relased shortly after the GSL in quite a while. So, I googled around a bit and came up short on anything new since August, none of which included actual fan site rules. Am I just missing it or is it still unreleased?

The main reason I asked is because I have been considering running an unofficial contest for 4e materials over in homebrew but I don't want to do so unless I know that it is legally in the clear. Which, in absense of OGL-like language or an official fansite policy seems questionable to me.

Starbuck_II
2008-09-17, 03:23 PM
Hey folks,

It occured to me today that I haven't heard anything about the fansite policy which was supposed to be relased shortly after the GSL in quite a while. So, I googled around a bit and came up short on anything new since August, none of which included actual fan site rules. Am I just missing it or is it still unreleased?

The main reason I asked is because I have been considering running an unofficial contest for 4e materials over in homebrew but I don't want to do so unless I know that it is legally in the clear. Which, in absense of OGL-like language or an official fansite policy seems questionable to me.

As long as you don't post the stuff in the PHB, MM, DMG: there should be/is no issue.

Isn't the GSL in rewriting though? I heard they were changing it (too make it more lax).

Tormsskull
2008-09-17, 03:45 PM
Isn't the GSL in rewriting though? I heard they were changing it (too make it more lax).

I heard the same. Should be interesting.

AKA_Bait
2008-09-17, 04:43 PM
As long as you don't post the stuff in the PHB, MM, DMG: there should be/is no issue.

My main concern is actually the formatting and some langauge use. I would feel truly horrible if some thread I started got GitP in trouble with Hasbro.

Yeah. They announced it in August. I'm waiting with baited breath.

bosssmiley
2008-09-18, 03:32 AM
Hey folks,

It occurred to me today that I haven't heard anything about the fansite policy which was supposed to be released shortly after the GSL in quite a while. So, I googled around a bit and came up short on anything new since August, none of which included actual fan site rules. Am I just missing it or is it still unreleased?

I presume WOTC are waiting until they've got D&DI sorted before releasing an official fansite policy.
Nothing more egg-on-the-face than having the punters produce online material when the owners of the game can't manage to.