PDA

View Full Version : Help I'm becoming a Vampire!

BendakStarkiler
2008-09-17, 02:51 PM
I've been a long time lurker and finally thought I should jump into the fray! So here is my problem: My party is all around the 5th level and i have been bitten by a vampire, an old super powerful drow vampire. Now i am begining to change, I think at our level killing the vampire is out of the question, so is there any way to save my character from becoming a vampire? And if i do does that mean that my character's personality changes to because you have to change your aligenment to evil? Thank for the help everyone!

Sorry i forgot to add i am playing D&D 3.5ed

Tormsskull
2008-09-17, 03:07 PM
Sounds like your DM is homebrewing some rules and such, so there isn't anything we can really tell you as he isn't following the specific rules in the books.

As for common sense/likely things based on books/movies/etc have told me, I would advise:

Consult a priest. The priest might be able to do something to slow the transformation. Or, he might kill you if he can't :smalltongue:

Eat garlic. Vampires hate garlic, eating it might slow down the transformation?

Pray in a church of a good god. Maybe the god will take pity on you?

Wear a holy symbol on you neck. Maybe its holiness will counter act the undeadedness inside you.

Anyway, welcome to the forums and good luck! (Awesome screen name by the way).

Mewtarthio
2008-09-17, 03:09 PM
Sorry, but your DM has thrown a homebrew monster at you, so we can't help. Normally, the only way to become a vampire is to be killed by one (more specifically, it must Blood Drain you to death); a gradual transformation after a mere bite means that your DM isn't playing by the normal rules. You'll have to research your condition in-character: I'd recommend going to a Good-aligned church (preferably of Pelor or your setting's closest equivalent thereof).

Tokiko Mima
2008-09-17, 04:16 PM
Or find a Helm of Opposite Alignment then have your friends hogtie you for a week. When they're sure you've become a vampire (and there are many fun tests, trust me!) apply the Helm and voila! You get free Vampiric powers and all you gotta do is make sure the old guy doesn't ever find and command you. Moving off the same plane is advisable. :smallwink:

hewhosaysfish
2008-09-18, 08:50 AM
Or find a Helm of Opposite Alignment then have your friends hogtie you for a week. When they're sure you've become a vampire (and there are many fun tests, trust me!) apply the Helm and voila! You get free Vampiric powers and all you gotta do is make sure the old guy doesn't ever find and command you. Moving off the same plane is advisable. :smallwink:

Unfortunately, vampires can turn into mist, so the most obvious way to test if he's become a vampire is to check whether he's escaped and killed you all.
Perhaps if you could erect some sort of shelter on a little island in the middle of the river, you could sit in that. Every day your friends could come and throw holy water at you from a little boat. If it burns your skin, they hit you with Halt Undead and slap the aforementioned Helm on you. If you're not a vampire yet, the land and have a pleasant chat with you, maybe some cake, and come back again tommorrow.