PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Other races... how do you do it?

TedEBearNC
2008-09-17, 04:45 PM
Several times I've seen people mention playing characters of races that are not in the core eight, such as Githyanki or Gnomes. I was just curious as to how you go about converting those so they are playable as PCs? How do you determine stat bonuses, racial abilties powers, etc from what's in the MM?

Blackfang108
2008-09-17, 04:46 PM
Several times I've seen people mention playing characters of races that are not in the core eight, such as Githyanki or Gnomes. I was just curious as to how you go about converting those so they are playable as PCs? How do you determine stat bonuses, racial abilties powers, etc from what's in the MM?

Yes.

Specifically, the back of the MM, where they're set up to be Player Characters, powers, bonuses, and all.

It's only 2-3 pages, so it's easy to miss. It's before the Index.

Behold_the_Void
2008-09-17, 04:46 PM

They're at the back of the Monster Manual with the rules on how to make them playable.

Edit: Ninja'd

Starbuck_II
2008-09-17, 04:47 PM

Just use the Races in the back of Monster manual. There are like 20 of them: Gnome, Giths, etc.

Tengu_temp
2008-09-17, 04:47 PM
Monster Manual has them.

I know this post will get ninja'ed.

EDIT: And I was right.

Blackfang108
2008-09-17, 04:48 PM
Did I just ninja 3 posts at once?

TedEBearNC
2008-09-17, 05:15 PM
Ah... yeah, I did miss that. I guess I didn't look hard enough.

Thanks!