PDA

View Full Version : Help?

Moff Chumley
2008-09-17, 09:39 PM
Well, playground, a problem has arrisen. I find myself at a point in my life where all of my great middle school friends are of at different high schools, and I'm caught between several social groups at my new one, none of which I care for and/or care for me. Moreover, there are several people who absolutely HATE my guts. They are unavoidable for a variety of reasons, and whenever I'm around them, I feel like crap. Any of the kids I could try to hang out with are too shy for me to know exist. And, my long time gaming group quit. Advice please. *sigh*

Collin152
2008-09-17, 09:40 PM
Well, playground, a problem has arrisen. I find myself at a point in my life where all of my great middle school friends are of at different high schools, and I'm caught between several social groups at my new one, none of which I care for and/or care for me. Moreover, there are several people who absolutely HATE my guts. They are unavoidable for a variety of reasons, and whenever I'm around them, I feel like crap. Any of the kids I could try to hang out with are too shy for me to know exist. And, my long time gaming group quit. Advice please. *sigh*

1. Find the lowest common denominator of social status.
2. Exploit them to improve your own status.
3. ???
4. Profit!

Copacetic
2008-09-17, 09:42 PM
Go make New friends. I mean outside of school. Go take a martial art, and make friends there. Ignore the people at school, their idiots. There, solved your probems in three sentences.:smallwink:

Icewalker
2008-09-17, 09:49 PM
I like how new is capitalized. That's how awesome your New friends will be. I concur.

Yeah, if you can't find any people to make friends with at school, use another venue. Start doing things outside of school, meet people there.

Mr. Wimmer
2008-09-17, 09:49 PM
Focusing on schoolwork worked really well for me

Collin152
2008-09-17, 09:50 PM
Focus on your friends here.
We love you, Chum...
We love you!

RTGoodman
2008-09-17, 10:07 PM
Focus on your friends here.
We love you, Chum...
We love you!

One of us! One of us!

I mean... see if there are any clubs about that you're interested in. I made most of my friends within band or other groups, or by meeting non-band friends of my friends.

Alternatively, carry around something that you enjoy (D&D books, Magic cards, guitar, etc.) and see who comes up to you. Strike up a conversation and see if the people are cool, and there you go.

InABanana
2008-09-17, 11:00 PM
Try to not be shy and make friends with people you want to be friends with or move high schools.

SilentNight
2008-09-17, 11:29 PM
I agree with rtg. I know you're a musician so join the band, I met a lot of good people that way.

memnarch
2008-09-17, 11:32 PM
Pretty much been said already but... worth repeating anyway; try not to be shy, an after school activity outside of school would be a good idea to meet new people, and try to remember that the only opinions that you should value are the ones that come from people that value yours.