PDA

View Full Version : Hanging in the Balance- IC

AetherFox
2008-09-18, 03:16 PM
The crowd shuffles around in excitement on a hot, sticky autumn day. Everyone's gathered at the temple of Sirsing to partake in today's holy festival. At the steps of temple, priests of Sirsing have poured goblets of the sacred wine for the public. However, most other attention has been drawn to the street, where two illusionist performers attempt to outdo eachother with various tricks to impress the public. Along the street various vendors have set up shop, hoping to make a profit off of the day's events. A group of children, three humans and two elves, run through the crowds, playing a game of tag.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-18, 10:15 PM
Liriel

Liriel goes along with the crowd, graciously accepting wine from the servants. Today was going to be a day should would have fun. She smiled mischieviously. Maybe she could find a human or another elf who was handsome.... She continued daydreaming.

ooc:

call dark green

Kazasu
2008-09-18, 11:14 PM
His hat balanced atop his head as he held his book in his right hand. He looked across the city, graciously accepting a glass of wine as he spotted a female elf to whom he felt... drawn to. As such he walked himself toward her, preparing himself for what he would say. "Beautiful day is it not? Though it cannot compare to that of your own" He spoke with the utmost confidence and a simple smile beneath his blue eyes.

OOC(I call DimGray. :smallbiggrin:)

Elrond
2008-09-18, 11:43 PM
Tira walks around in crowd accepting no wine and looks suspiciously at the people around.
Tira had only actually come to this festival to find some crims "They always seem to be at these festivals" she says aloud.

OOC
speech color Indigo

Deathslayer7
2008-09-19, 12:05 AM
Liriel

She smiles deeply at the man beside her. So he knew how to play games did he?

That is very kind of you, but it is rude to not offer ones own name when addressing others.

She takes a sip of her wine while she says this.

Elrond
2008-09-19, 12:07 AM
Tira continues to walk around she sees a man with a tatoo on his shoulder and walks over to him.

Kazasu
2008-09-19, 12:10 AM
"My apologies madam, my name is Kazasu." He spoke with a short bow, removing his hat. After standing up and replacing his hat. "Might I ask for your name?" He inquired, letting his voice be gentle and calm, ignoring his own wine until she either answers, or denies his permission to inquire.

OOC-
Eh, should I wait for others to post now? Or since there has been no posting order as of yet, just continue?

Deathslayer7
2008-09-19, 12:15 AM
Liriel

She smiles again. My name is Liriel Kazasu. I do hope you are enjoying yourself this fine evening? I know I am.

ooc:

this doesn't really affect the storyline, but is more for RP purposes, so it doesnt really matter. :smalltongue: post away all you want.

Kazasu
2008-09-19, 12:42 AM
"I can't say its a bad time. All this excitement, all of this heritage, and with all of this kindness toward strangers. It makes me think about actually settling down." His words came from his mouth as fluid as possible. His eyes as gentle as they could be with their blueish hue.

OOC-
Awesome, though I am getting distracted by Red vs Blue

Deathslayer7
2008-09-19, 01:06 AM
Liriel

If you think that I will lay down with you in your bed, you have judged me wrong Kasazu.

Kazasu
2008-09-19, 01:13 AM
"I meant nothing of the sort. Besides... I haven't a bed here to lay in as of yet." He speaks, his voice calm as he himself resists any temptation to say the opposite.

OOC-
Oh.. my... goodness.. I just realized I have been saying the wrong name! his name is Rosuto! Everyone ignore my misnaming! :smallredface:

Also, I have been using the wrong tense. :smallbiggrin:

AetherFox
2008-09-19, 02:39 PM
One of the small elven children nocks into Tira and rus past her. He runs over to his mother and sugs on her sleeve excitedly. From your place among the crowd, you can here the conversation;

"Mommy,? Can I take a sip? Pleeeease?"
The mother reaches down and ruffles the boy's hair affectiontly.
"Sorry Aust, you're too young... Maybe next year.

Little Aust looks saddened, but returns to his friends as they call him back.

"What did she say?" One of them responds, but Aust just shakes his head. One of the other childern looks around, then whispers something to him. Aust's face brightens, and he wlks over to the person his firend is pointing at, Rosuto. He approches Rosuto and asks, with wide eyes;

"Mister, can I have a wee tiny sip of your drink?"

*Scandelous!* :smallamused:
Notes to all: Can you put OOC's in spoilers or the thread? Gracias. Also, don't worry about the name mishap. Post whenever you feel it's good, except during combat, but I'll talk about that when we get to it.

Kazasu
2008-09-19, 02:51 PM
His head turns as he looks toward the child, his face gentle, his eyes calming. "I am sorry, but this would cause you to become sick. Perhaps you should find some water?" He speaks with a kind smile.

Eh, just a heads up. As soon as he leaves this festival, his attitude is going to... go down like a missile filled with rocks... that ran out of fuel. Also, had he not been lawful! He would of given the child the drink with a sly smile... :smalltongue:

shadowxknight
2008-09-19, 05:19 PM
OOC: Sorry for not being active this past couple days. See sig for details:smallsigh:

Auran moved along the edge of the crowd nervously. Even after several years of traveling the land he still has not gotten comfortable in cities. There was just too much people and not enough nature.

Auran squeezed passed the crowd to reach the priests who were handing out wine. This festival is pretty famous in the nearby area, and Auran wanted to taste the wine that was the heart of the festival.

After he grabbed a goblet from the priest, Auran joined the crowd in watching the street performers. He enjoyed watching displays of magic since his youth, but the druids and shamans of his tribe never flaunted their skill like these magicians.
Maybe there were some good things to cities after all.

Auran will have DarkOrange when speaking in Common and Magenta when speaking Elvish.

RAGE KING!
2008-09-19, 07:04 PM
Accepting a glass of wine from the servants, Achilles looks around the crowd for something interesting. Seeing the perfect opportunity for some harmless entertainment, Achilles walks over to a child who is apparently named Aust, and offers him a tiny sip of wine.

It's very bitter, and you probably won't like it at all.

Elrond
2008-09-19, 09:48 PM
Tira checks for her gold to see if the kids had stolen it. Tira then walks over to Achilles and the kid and says "Who are you?"

Deathslayer7
2008-09-19, 10:04 PM
Liriel

She stops by Achilles and says I dont think his mother or father would appreciate it if you gave him a sip. He is after all only a boy.

AetherFox
2008-09-19, 10:04 PM
"Thank you so much Mister!" Aust hurrily takes the goblet, takes a small sip, and return it to Achilles, a look of glee on his face. He still has his head turned up twards Achilles, but seems to look past him, thinking hard. He turns and takes a few steps twards the crowd. That's when you can hear it; a voice that seems to come from everywhere and nowhere at the same time, staring very quietly, but growing ever louder.

"Little younger then I would have liked, but you're the one! No time like the present I suppose.

A few heads in the crowd turn, looking around to see where the noise is coming from.

Elrond
2008-09-19, 10:40 PM
Tira turns around and looks to see where the voice was coming from she grabs her punching dagger as she turns

RAGE KING!
2008-09-19, 11:44 PM
Achilles draws his trusty falchion for comfort, and asks nobody in particular about the voice. What was that?Who was it talking to?Was it talking to me?

Deathslayer7
2008-09-20, 12:14 AM
Liriel

She groans as she is too late to stop the boy from taking a sip. She groans even worse when she hears that voice. She knows exactly who it refers to, but she knows trouble when she hears it.

Kazasu
2008-09-20, 12:58 AM
Kage lets out a sigh. "I won't even ask." He let out as he turned to face the female elf beside him, wondering what she thought.

Elrond
2008-09-20, 01:45 AM
Tira walks through the crowd of people towards were she had heard the voice. She then tightens her grip on her punching dagger and pushes her hat over her face a little more. and says "Hem my skills will be needed i am sure":smallannoyed:

Perryl
2008-09-20, 07:16 AM
sorry for bein late, everybody. schoolwork´s gonna keep me from posting more than once every 2 days.

Having failed in his desperate search for some beer, Moorfl chooses to at least drink some wine
Why the hell am I doin this?
as he notices some people giving little children wine.
someone had to come up with a good idea to get rid of the stuff...
He approaches them and suddenly turns around, having heard some weird voice.
thinking that must be that stupid drink, he ignores the voice and approaches the mixed group of people, noticing that one has got out her punchdagger-toothpick.
Hello, friends from above the earth. Have you seen any beer around? this stuff tastes awful and makes me hear funny voices.

AetherFox
2008-09-20, 09:55 AM
The voice begins to grow louder, and people quite down to listen.

"Aust who was the man who gave you the drink?"
Aust points a shaky hand twards Achilles, seeming umable to disobey. As he turns twards you, you can sense that the voice is radiating from him.

It's been two-thousand years since I sent down this gift, but I've finally chosen my Ava- wait, can you all hear me?"

The preists look around in awe, suddenly aware of what is happening. The casters stop their illusions, and the crowd is deathly quiet, standing in a ring around Aust.

RAGE KING!
2008-09-20, 10:22 AM
Achilles gains control of himself, and readies for a fight
There is only wine, but the voices are real.

To Aust: What do you want with me?

Perryl
2008-09-20, 10:46 AM
Crap...
takes axe in right hand
to all:I don´t appreciate silly voices. to child:what are you playing, kid?
thinks: man, i hate it when lil magicians discover their powers...wait...
asks some person looking like someone from here: what was it this Holiday was about? wasn´t there some legend-thing ´bout seeking a chosen-one-kind of thing?

Deathslayer7
2008-09-20, 11:16 AM
^: I cant understand that post.....

Liriel

She wonders why the hell that she had to be standing next to him right at this moment. She could feel all the crowds eyes as they turn to look at the man, and the people, who look as if they know him.

Kazasu
2008-09-20, 11:54 AM
Rosuto lets yet another sigh escape, knowing his theory to be true. "This doesn't change the fact that I don't believe in gods." He spoke out as he out his hand over his head, forcing himself to believe that there is no god to believe in.

shadowxknight
2008-09-20, 01:11 PM
Auran turned to the source of commotion. Apparently some god has just manifested themselves, and is now about to wreck havoc.
"Humans and their gods..."
Auran grumbled under his breath as he readied his longbow and an arrow. From what he knew humans are unpredictable creatures and their gods even more so. If this god turns hostile then things could become ugly real fast.

Perryl
2008-09-20, 03:39 PM
sorry for my last post, didn´t have my mind in one place.
oh, and don´t you think it´s kinda funny that a pack of 1st lv characters all draw their weapons when confronted with a deity? it wouldn´t be much of an equal fight^^

"Can anybody tell me what´s goin on here?
And yes, voice from around, we can all hear you. Who and what are you?",
Moorfl says, looking downward.
(for everything unnatural cometh from below.)

Elrond
2008-09-20, 09:49 PM
Tira presses her punching dagger lightly onto Aust's neck and says "Explain yourself child"

Hybasha
2008-09-22, 05:36 PM
OOC: I claim blue

Laucian

Laucian leaves a inn well rested and sees the townsfolks are gathered not hearing any special event from the inn keeper he wonders what it could be. He approaches the crowd with much curiousity first sees the two preformers then someone directs his attention. He can't believe what he sees next a little girl holding a dagger to a even smaller boy's throat rushing over he tries to stop her. "Little girl i am clueless to your situation but please move the knife away from the boy!"

RAGE KING!
2008-09-22, 06:27 PM
"Gestures with falchion"
This "boy" is up to some magical trickery, she has every right to threaten him"

AetherFox
2008-09-22, 07:00 PM
Aust starts to whimper as the blade pushes against him. A blinding flash of light suddenly comes from the sky and shoots the feet of Laucian, Tira, and Achilles, who had stepped closer to the elf. The crowd jumps back, and is suddenly more scared than interested. The voice returns, but angry this time.

"DAMN YOU MORTALS! YOU MUST LEARN TO ACT WISLY WHEN CONVERSING WITH GODS! YOU'RE LUCKY YOU EVEN HAVE THIS PRIVALAGE!"
His voice softens,
"As I was saying, Aust, I have chosen you to be my Avatar. You may not know now, but you hold power beyond those of mortals. Heed my instructions well, for this is one of the few times we will speak before you ascend to my domain. Far to the east of here, in what is now Prirode, lies one of my ancient temples. It is there you must go so that we may speak again. My time here is limited." At that, the voice seems to fade away. Aust, scared beyond all reason, collapses into Tira's arms. The crowd stares dumbstruck.

Sorry I had to do that, you guys. Damage for lightening: [roll0] And thus the plot BEGINS! A note: my cpu is acting wacky, whish is why the god's speach is wierd.

Hybasha
2008-09-22, 07:12 PM
Laucian falls with his back on the ground eyes wide open amazed at the voice and being shocked by something from above. He thinks to himself "Such a amazing sight to behold but what is an avatar. Also it said this boy has amazing power far greater then any mortal and to think i tried rescuing him. How foolish of myself!"

RAGE KING!
2008-09-22, 07:39 PM
"Perhaps we can find a place to rest, and take care of Aust"

Hybasha
2008-09-22, 07:44 PM
Laucian nods "I could carry him to the inn i was just at good service,good food, and comfy beds. "

shadowxknight
2008-09-22, 08:53 PM
Although the god seemed to have departed, Auran was too cautious to sheath his weapon just yet. He returned the arrow to its quiver and drew his longsword.
He quickly pushed past the dumbstruck crowd and approached the avatar of the recently departed god.
"Are you folks alright? Those lightning looked pretty nasty..."

RAGE KING!
2008-09-22, 08:55 PM
"I appreciate your concern, but a little lightning is no match for a great warrior like me"

shadowxknight
2008-09-22, 09:25 PM
"Good to hear. After all there are probably worse things waiting on the road to that temple." Auran paused and gave them a look. "You do plan on taking him there, right?"

Hybasha
2008-09-22, 09:32 PM
Laucian
Laucian looks at the boy and responds "Well it's important he rest first then he'll decide from there.I don't know much of these parts but I would help the kid with his whole destiny thing i guess."

shadowxknight
2008-09-22, 09:48 PM
Auran looked the man and noticed he was an half-elf. He never understood why other elves treated half-elves so cruelly, so he was always civil unless the circumstance called for it.
"Destiny huh? Well, if you guys don't mind I will tag along with you and seek my own destiny..."

RAGE KING!
2008-09-22, 09:49 PM
I too, will help the boy. I could use a little adventure.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-22, 10:07 PM
Liriel

I find it amusing that you would help the boy, even after what you just heard and saw. You seem to think a lot of yourselves. Is it duty that binds you to him? Or fate rather? Hmmmmmmmmmm she says thoughtfully to herself. After a few moments, she says I too will join you.

RAGE KING!
2008-09-22, 11:02 PM
"I feel bad that i threatened the boy, when he was already scared"

Elrond
2008-09-23, 12:19 AM
I shall journey with you Tira then mutters Gods always overestimating there own powers:smallannoyed: this child will make trouble if he thinks himself better than others
Tira then bulls her sleeve over her punching dagger though she still has it readied. And i am not a child bard:smallannoyed:

Hybasha
2008-09-23, 08:04 AM
Laucian takes the the boy into his arms,"Well i advice we rest at the inn for the night i don't know about everyone else but that lightning made me a little dizzy. I do apologise miss i wasn't exactly at my best judgement and do hope you bear no ill will to me." starts to take the boy to the inn.

RAGE KING!
2008-09-23, 08:58 AM
I go ahead, clearing a path through the crowd. (gently, of course)

Perryl
2008-09-23, 02:58 PM
Hey, Hybasha. please take notice that i had claimed siena for moorfl´s speech. might be better if you take somethin else, just to avoid confusion. of course, if your heart is absolutely attached to siena, i can choose another color. i just think it suits moorfl´s dwarvish underground-affinity very well^^
@ Anybody with more rule knowledge than me: Moorfl´s Dwarven waraxe is one-handed for him (for him bein a dwarf). In the other d20-based game I have played, using a one-handed weapon with both hands grants you 1 1/2 times your strength mod on attack (and damage, i believe). Does this apply here, too? if yes, he´s of course holding his axe in both hands...

Moorfl hustles to keep up with the group, keeping his grip firm on his axe. just in case the crowd get he stupid idea of being in his ways.:smallannoyed:
Hey, guys, wait. im not as fast as you long-legged people.:smallsigh:
Lightning... Thats what you get for spending too much time under the open sky:smallamused:
Does this inn you´re going to have beer? if yes, i´m coming with you. if not, i´ll still come -even though i might be a little overagressive ´cause of eventual hypobeeria:smallwink:- because i find this Aust-boy interesting. he might reveal some useful truth, and truth is definitely worth running around some temple.

Hybasha
2008-09-23, 07:20 PM
OOC sorry my friend i can choose another Blue i shall switch to then

Laucian still walking responds,"Yes my friend plenty of alchohal though i really don't drink much myself.I think it would be best not to give the boy any not even a sip for i wouldn't want to be hit by lightning again."

RAGE KING!
2008-09-23, 07:55 PM
(Sheepishly) *embarassed chuckling* "....sorry about that"

Elrond
2008-09-24, 01:01 AM
Tira follows the rest of the party into the inn

Kazasu
2008-09-24, 06:33 AM
Rosuto, not at all surprised by the god's reaction feels for the kid. As he follows the party to the inn he makes a remark, "I am not too sure whether I will go along with you, your recent act with the "god" must have lowered any chance of gold. However, I will most likely be brought along. I am worried about the child." He says thinking about his own childhood. Hiding his true reason for going along. Thinking about the latest happenings, and still trying to block out the thoughts of an existence of a god.

Hybasha
2008-09-24, 05:11 PM
Laucian approaches the inn keeper,"My good man do you happen to have rooms available for this evening." Laucian suddenly opens his eyes wide,"I'm an idiot the boy's mother surely she thinks we've kidnapped him! Quick someone find her and explain the situation to her and of course bring her here."

shadowxknight
2008-09-24, 06:45 PM
"Surely she has heard the commotion and is looking for him. I'll go outside and look."

Auran looked at the boy and remembered his features. Then he left the inn to look for any woman who resembled the boy or that's frantically looking for their son.

[roll0]
This DC should be low right? :smallbiggrin:

Elrond
2008-09-25, 07:54 PM
Tira checks to see if anybody ab-normal is in the inn.

Perryl
2008-09-26, 04:28 PM
rule question repost:

@ Anybody with more rule knowledge than me: Moorfl´s Dwarven waraxe is one-handed for him (for him bein a dwarf). In the other d20-based game I have played, using a one-handed weapon with both hands grants you 1 1/2 times your strength mod on attack (and damage, i believe). Does this apply here, too? if yes, Moorfl of course always wields his axe with both hands when mentioned ready for fighting.

Moorfl sits down on a bench in front of the inns entrance, takes out his whetstone to sharpen his axe, and waits for auran to come back with austs mother.
he starts (badly) singing an old dwarven evening song:
"oh beloved axe from under the earth,
what i shan´t give away, not for golden teeth.
thou under my pillow letst me sleep sound,
remindst me of home far beneath..."
sorry for my diletantic attempts on the song... not much good, i fear.:smallfrown:

Hybasha
2008-09-26, 06:39 PM
Laucian lays the kid next to the little woman (we mostly have had no introductions..just saying) and goes to the front of the inn to the horrible singing dwarf. "Noble dwarf i will be boldly honest your singing reminds me the time i came across a banshee. I could give you singing lessons if it means that much to you otherwise come on in for a drinks buddy."

RAGE KING!
2008-09-26, 07:14 PM
If we're going to be traveling together we might as well know each other's names. My name is Achilles.

Finished the second page!

Deathslayer7
2008-09-26, 07:18 PM
rule question repost:

@ Anybody with more rule knowledge than me: Moorfl´s Dwarven waraxe is one-handed for him (for him bein a dwarf). In the other d20-based game I have played, using a one-handed weapon with both hands grants you 1 1/2 times your strength mod on attack (and damage, i believe). Does this apply here, too? if yes, Moorfl of course always wields his axe with both hands when mentioned ready for fighting.

Yes and no. If you use a one-handed weapon with two hands, you can a 1 1/2 strength modifier to damage rolls only, rounded down. You do not gain anything to attack.

Hybasha
2008-09-26, 07:24 PM
Laucian walks back to the inside as achilles says his name,"I must agree with your logic i am called Laucian by those who know me."

Elrond
2008-09-27, 02:00 AM
Tira walks over to Laucian and Achilles and says "The names Tira freelance inquisitor, pleased to meat you":smallsmile:

Deathslayer7
2008-09-27, 02:02 AM
Liriel

you may call me Liriel. she says, acknowledging each of them and remembering their name.

Perryl
2008-09-27, 08:07 AM
sorry for my unusual singing. dwarven music doesn´t seem to accomodate overground folk...
sure, i´ll come in for a drink. as long as it ain´t more wine.
i´m moorfl, by the way.

Hybasha
2008-09-27, 08:30 AM
Laucian returns to teh boy's side,"I suppose we wait for our last aquaitance to return with the boy's mother hopefuly."

RAGE KING!
2008-09-27, 03:55 PM
Did anybody catch his name?

Elrond
2008-09-28, 05:37 AM
The kids name was Aust i'm pretty sure

AetherFox
2008-09-28, 07:50 PM
As Auran approches the elderly elven woman, she seems paranoid, and it takes a few moments for him to calm her down and explain the situation. Once he is finished, she thinks, then slowly replies:
"Hmm... I don't know why, but I feel like I can trust you... Very well, the gods know I'm not strong enough to make the journy, but I swear, if anything happens to mu little boy you will have hell to pay. And not just from me, I suppose.
__________________________________________________ ________
The tavren you all have entered is fairly musty and crowded. The people around you quiet down and whisper among themselves when you walk in, carring the boy Aust, however, they seem unwilling to disturb you.

Holy crap guys, I'm so sorry. My cpu was being wacky, and I must have unsuscribed to the thread somehow. I promise nothing like this will happen again. :smallredface:
On another note; roll a spot and listen check.

shadowxknight
2008-09-28, 08:18 PM
Auran nodded. "Don't worry mam, I will try my best to help your son on his quest."
With that Auran returned to the tavern where the rest of the party is.
"I found the boy's mother. She approves of this journey as long as we protect the boy."

Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Kazasu
2008-09-28, 11:28 PM
"Now that our last member is here, I suppose I should mention my own name. Rosuto." He says, taking in the others' names. Knowing he would most likely forget them before his sleep.

Hybasha
2008-09-29, 05:53 AM
Laucian looks at the returned ally," That's good to hear i suggest we wait till morning to depart. So the rest of this day can be use to gather supplies,weapons, etc. I am ready so i shall stay with the boy if any or all of you choose to do so."

Perryl
2008-09-29, 10:12 AM
I still need some rations. Really. ´cause you guys definetely don´t want me to be hungry. I once met a half-orc who was more orc than half. he used to say "eat when hungry what you get".then I killed him, because he was attempting to eat my arm. I like his food attitude, anyway.

shadowxknight
2008-09-30, 06:55 PM
"I was simply passing through the town, so I still have plenty of supplies on me. I will wait here for those of you who have yet to buy your supplies."

RAGE KING!
2008-09-30, 08:48 PM
"I should also purchase rations and supplies"

AetherFox
2008-09-30, 09:04 PM
Ummm, go ahead on out and do it, you guys...:smallsmile:

Deathslayer7
2008-09-30, 09:05 PM
Liriel
I think it would be best if we departed now. No saying what type of riot we caused in this town. Best be if we left as quickly as possible.

ooc:

can you guys put your names at the top of the psots, I'm still confused on who is who. thanks.

Elrond
2008-09-30, 11:53 PM
Tira
I agree with Liriel we should get going as soon as possible

RAGE KING!
2008-10-01, 12:11 AM
Achilles
"Will we travel by foot?"

Hybasha
2008-10-01, 05:58 AM
Laucian
Laucian speaks," Well let's wait then for the ones who must purchase to return then we'll leave."

RAGE KING!
2008-10-01, 09:18 AM
Achilles
"I apologize, but I must purchase a couple things, I'll be back shortly"

I already made the changes to my sheet

Perryl
2008-10-01, 09:47 AM
Moorfl

here I am with a little food. do you think 3 days of rations will suffice? I thought our ranger could be getting food by hunting...

ooc:
there was a ranger, wasn´t there? sorry^^

Deathslayer7
2008-10-01, 10:02 AM
Liriel

I will return shortly as well. Buy as many rations as you can.

With that, she leaves. About 20-25 minutes later she returns. Outside, a mule is tied to the post. The boy will ride the mule. The rest of us can walk, unless you have your own mount.

It is time to get going, is everyone ready? and where is they boy?

Hybasha
2008-10-01, 05:04 PM
Laucian looks at the mule,"Quiet a beast isn't it that's very kind of you liriel also wise and while you were out did you notice anything strange?"

Deathslayer7
2008-10-01, 05:51 PM
Did i?

not really. But it would be best to leave now if you are all ready.

AetherFox
2008-10-01, 05:55 PM
Nope. Where exactly is everyone right now? Please just answer, don't post an action. Gracias. :smallsmile:

Perryl
2008-10-01, 06:20 PM
Moorfl is back at the inn with a dark gray mule. it has a riding saddle and saddlebags with 5 rations in each. (live meat nutrition value not included).
Moorfl is standing outside the inn, beside his mule.

Hybasha
2008-10-01, 06:45 PM
OOC Laucian is guarding aust at the inn till everyone returns

RAGE KING!
2008-10-01, 07:34 PM
I guess i'm back at the inn. Do i need a horse or pony or something?

Deathslayer7
2008-10-01, 07:44 PM
grrrr at Perryl. Oh well I got a mule too. At inn.

shadowxknight
2008-10-01, 07:49 PM
Auran is sitting in the lobby of the inn.

AetherFox
2008-10-01, 07:55 PM
m'k not everyone's posted, but that should be enough.

As Auran watches the two men closely, he sees one reach into his pack and pick out a scroll. Muttering something inaudible, the man moves twards where Auran, Achilles, and Luarian sit, purposefully.

RAGE KING!
2008-10-02, 09:39 AM
Spot Check! [roll0]

shadowxknight
2008-10-02, 11:37 PM
I did real well for my Spot check, so hopefully I don't have to reroll. I'm going to roll Sense Motive to see if Auran knows what they are up to. But from what he heard, it should be pretty obvious :smallbiggrin:
[roll0]

Auran watched the man approach. From what he heard of their conversation earlier the man probably wasn't here to greet them. He innocently took out an arrow and spun it a couple times in his hand.

Deathslayer7
2008-10-03, 12:33 AM
readied action to shoot one if they cause commotion.

Elrond
2008-10-03, 03:25 AM
Tira is with Auran
[roll0]
Her punching dagger is still readied from before

Hybasha
2008-10-03, 04:42 AM
ooc spot check:[roll0] i suppose if i fail the spot check i can't take a turn this round?

Perryl
2008-10-03, 09:49 AM
MOORFL
put´s mule beside the other one, enters inn´s lobby
rollSpot: [1d20+2] 18 (http://www.penpaperpixel.org/tools/d20dicebag.htm, so i guess i notice those guys. and the other PCs looking at them:smallcool: Having noticed the man approaching his three new friends, Moorfl innocently walks to a position 10 feet behind the approacher and prepares to grab his axe if needed.:smallmad:
OOC
@ deathslayer7: why "grrr" at me??:smallconfused:
Mules are fine, ´cause all my stuff and my char are still a light load for one, and it therefore can walk faster than moorfl, even when moorfl is riding.:smallwink:

AetherFox
2008-10-03, 02:23 PM
The man in back's hands begins to glow blue as he lowers the scroll and finishes the incantation; "i donijeti mene i sljedeći ja popipati ima!"
The front man takes the end of the phrase as a cue, and attempts to lunge past the person closest to Aust, and grab onto the sleeping elf child. The caster in the back readies himself.

Okeydoke! So, the person sitting closest to Aust makes an opposed grapple check (or attack of oppertunity). Also, everyone roll initiative. Men's rolls, plus hidden modifiers... Caster: initiative: [roll0]
Diving man: intitiative [roll1] / grapple check [roll2]

Oh, that's another thing: elves sleep in this world.

Deathslayer7
2008-10-03, 03:17 PM
what about my readied action? :smallfrown:

[roll0]

shadowxknight
2008-10-03, 07:47 PM
OOC:Would Auran get a bonus to his initiative roll?
[roll0]

AetherFox
2008-10-03, 10:39 PM
Woah, um, sorry, I didn't catch the redied action, so yes, you get the attack. However, Hybasha, a grapple check is also 1d20. I'm not sure if this was just a mistype or not... Also, Shadow, other than your dexterity modifier, you don't get a bonus to your initiative, unless you have the improved initiative. However, you will always gain that dexterity bonus to ac. Lastly, Hybasha, I hoped I made this clear, but maybe not. :smallredface: You can choose to either take an attack roll, which would deal damage, but allow him to succed on the grapple, or you could make an opposed grapple, which would stop him, but doesn't deal damage.

Elrond
2008-10-04, 06:13 AM
OOC
Initiative [roll0] can i sneak attack if so: [roll1]
EDIT: the attack is against the spell caster

Hybasha
2008-10-04, 08:34 AM
ooc: i am the closest to the boy so grapple:[roll0]and for initiative [15] sorry i forgot since it's first turn the bonus doesnt' count due to flat footed heh my bad so minus my bonus.:smallbiggrin: thank you gentoo for correcting me and sorry i deleted my other message.

Laucian tries to stop the man trying to grab aust,"The likes of you will never have the boy!"

Deathslayer7
2008-10-04, 12:00 PM
^: you cant preview rolls in your post, nor can you edit them.

Liriel:

Upon seeing the cast pull out his scroll, she will shoot him in the back.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Hybasha
2008-10-04, 01:47 PM
ooc wasn't trying to do that i was trying to make sure it would actually roll but seems i messed up. grapple check : [roll0]

RAGE KING!
2008-10-04, 11:25 PM
Achilles:

I believe i have my falchion already out. I move towards the caster and attack him...once my turn comes.

Initiative: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage (If applicable): [roll2]

I'm power attacking for 2 extra damage

RAGE KING!
2008-10-04, 11:27 PM
wow, thats an impressive attack roll...

oh by the way i got it wrong, i had +3 to attack not -3....

so the roll is actually a seven. sorry about that.

AetherFox
2008-10-05, 02:04 PM
The man holding the scroll staggers backwards as Liriels arrow flies into is side. Laucian attempts to block the other man as he dives past the seats, but is just barely too slow. The man succeeds in placing his hand on Aust's small knee, at which time the caster recovers and grabs the diving man. The three of them disappear in a large flash of blue energy.

Don't worry, campaigns not over. :smallbiggrin: Even if it does seem a little lost right now. On another note, we need to resurect that OOC thread. Also, this fight was a little hectic, but most of the others will be less crazy.

Hybasha
2008-10-05, 03:59 PM
Laucian blinks and sighs,"This is my fault had we left sooner this wouldn't have been the case."

Deathslayer7
2008-10-05, 04:05 PM
knowledge spellcraft to see what spell
[roll0]

Kazasu
2008-10-05, 09:18 PM
Sorry! Hurricane! Everythings almost back to normal again though. Rosuto is nearest to the door.

Rosuto looks forward, the actions now apparent to himself. ".... What just happened?" He speaks.

Spellcraft check to Identify spell used.

[roll0]

RAGE KING!
2008-10-05, 09:36 PM
ah, now there's an useful roll...:biggrin:.

Kazasu
2008-10-08, 06:54 PM
Kage wipes his hand across his head. "Well... they are gone.. Anyone have any idea of where they could of teleported to?" He says, letting them know that the two teleported.

Hybasha
2008-10-09, 04:35 PM
Laucian grabs hid bag and heads for the door,"I could care less where they took the boy i'm going to find them with or without help."

shadowxknight
2008-10-09, 07:44 PM
Anill gathered his stuff to follow, but thought better of it. "How are you going to find them? We have no idea where they went."

Perryl
2008-10-11, 03:22 PM
Moorfl

oocSorry I didn't really take part in that fight, I wasn´t home this past week. I guess Moorfl was distracted by a nice dwarven girl with some beer, or just too slow sucking init^^

What heinous arses, to kidnap a lil, more or less innocent boy. let us find and devour them.

Hybasha
2008-10-12, 07:41 AM
Laucian " I am glad at least one of you agrees with me though devoring seems a bit much my friend."

Perryl
2008-10-12, 02:02 PM
ooc
Laucian " I am glad at least one of you agrees with me though devoring seems a bit much my friend." I only know the word "devour"from a song. I thought I meant it means something like annihilate, and that´s what moorfl wants to do. correct me if it means something else^^

Any idea how to find the 2?:smallannoyed:

Gather Information about the 2, if anybody recognized one of them etc.:
[1d20+1]=17

Hybasha
2008-10-12, 05:29 PM
devour means to eat silly and i don't think your a canabal yet and where the heck is everyone!?

AetherFox
2008-10-13, 01:03 PM
Moorfl asks around, but no one in the inn or around seems to know who the two people were. Besides those alreardy in the bar, not many seem to have even seen them enter.

Can we please move this stuff to the OOC?

Hybasha
2008-10-14, 05:40 AM
i'm with you boss whatever you choose to do
Laucian asks the inn keeper for a room 1. if he says yes will go upstairs
2. if he says no laucian leaves
into the darkness of the night

AetherFox
2008-10-14, 02:05 PM
The innkeeper smiles at you and you can see he only has about half the teeth he should. He takes out dirty book, looks in it fo a moment, and responds to Laucian; "Sure I got's ah room fer ya! At'll be 5 gold fer the night."
As Laucian pays, the innkeeper crosses off room 1B.

shadowxknight
2008-10-14, 06:46 PM
Following Laucian's lead, Auran also asks for a room.
"Can I get a room that's close to his."

AetherFox
2008-10-14, 07:03 PM
The man looks pleased, and you can tell it's been a while since anyone's stayed in a room here. "Ayup! That'll be another 5 Gold please."

You are in room 1C.

Kazasu
2008-10-14, 08:55 PM
He sighs as he steps toward the man as he speaks. "Good evening, might I request a room, As far away from those two as possible."

AetherFox
2008-10-14, 09:06 PM
"Ha, I get ya." He tas his nose knowingly, although you can tell he doesn't get it at all.
"Awright, room 1G will be 5 gold."

Hybasha
2008-10-15, 05:47 AM
Laucian sits in his room looking out what has occured in the past few hours, "Poor boy has been through so much and now he's god knows where i pray for his safety. God if you can send me a hint of the child's location i wish to help but we're clueless." After finishing up his prayer he goes to sleep with a dagger in his right hand that hides underneath a pillow

Perryl
2008-10-15, 06:21 AM
Guess I´ll also be stayin the night... Sir, you still have room? here´s 5g. I don´t care where...

If yes: Moorfl goes upstairs to his room, takes off his leather armor, puts his axe under his bed. Dagger under pillow of course.:smallsigh:

If No: Leaves, taking back the money he put on the counter, makes remark about throats and blades (in dwarven, that is), gets mule from stall, looks for other inn. :smalltongue:

RAGE KING!
2008-10-15, 09:04 AM
Achilles

Twirling his falchion innocently, Achilles walks up to the bartender, and says in a casual tone, I too wish to have a room, but I only have 9 silver pieces. Of course, im sure you can afford to let a warrior like me have a discount.

I guess i should do an intimidate check. [roll0]

Deathslayer7
2008-10-15, 11:59 AM
Liriel will camp outside, she doesnt like being cramped in a building.

Kazasu
2008-10-15, 07:05 PM
Rosuto hands the man an additional 5 gold after Achilles' threat. "There, I'll pay for his room.' He says on his way up. Once he gets to his room, Rosuto meditates upon the days happenings before resting.

AetherFox
2008-10-17, 03:02 PM
In your various methods of sleeping, a consious pokes at yours. It feels faint and week.

"Help.... me...."

An image flashes in your mind of an enormous black spire, sticking out of the ground like a jagged tooth. You see, chained to a room open to the elements, the young elf from before sitting in the rain...

You recognize the spire as, no, not Sauron's tower, but The Claw of Kervass, in barren lands far to the north. You thought that is was uninhabited.

Hybasha
2008-10-17, 04:33 PM
Laucian jolt up from his slumber dagger in his right hand looks around and then hopes out of bed walking toward the window" I'm so sorry aust this is my fault had i stopped him... I'm coming whether the others come or not." He goes back asleep with the dagger still in dominant hand under a pillow.

Perryl
2008-10-18, 04:23 PM
MOORFL
doesn´t wake up before morning, but then wonders:
Where might that Aust yet take us?
Washes, gets leather armor back on, checks axe´s sharpness.
Goes downstairs for breakfast.
spot [1d20+2]=12
listen [1d20+2]=8
crap...

RAGE KING!
2008-10-19, 10:09 AM
Achilles

Moorfl you can delete the first post by clicking edit, and then at the bottom there's an option to delete.

k that was a lot of stuff

I accept the 5 gold from Rosuto with a word of thanks and then sleep through the night. I wake up groggy and annoyed, only to remember that I finally found an adventure to go on. I cheerily put on my armour, examine my falchion, gather my things and go downstairs.

Kazasu
2008-10-20, 10:18 PM
Rosuto wakes up, fully rested but having the feeling that he forgot something. He soon remembers the dream he had, but decides not to dwell on it. He opens his spell book and studies it for the next hour, not knowing what is going on with the rest of his party.

Preparing
Magic Missile
Magic Missile
Detect Magic
Shield
Burning Hands
Bonus spell for School Focus- Chill Touch

Hybasha
2008-10-22, 04:39 PM
Laucian packs his bags and heads for the the exit of the tavern/inn he stops and thinks to himself," Hold on Aust i'll be there soon.." Then with this thought complete walks out and starts heading to the outside of the city.

AetherFox
2008-10-22, 04:48 PM
The land around Laucian is bright and warm. The grass is a sharp green due to recent rains. Far beyond the rolling hills and out of sight lie a sunken valley. It was once part of the oceans, but has bried up over the years. You know this as your destination.

Deathslayer7
2008-10-22, 06:09 PM
Liriel wakes up from her sleep. No doubt a vision on where to go to find the boy. Rubbing her temple, she sat up and poured herself a glass of wine.

Taking a sip, she thought over the problem, but finally gave up after she was unable to think of a solution.

Elrond
2008-10-24, 01:48 AM
Tira was sleeping behind the inn
Tira still has her punching dagger drawn, she then stands up and seeing Laucian leave quickly runs after him

Perryl
2008-10-24, 04:13 PM
When Laucian walks right through the lobby and just leaves, Moorfl decides to get the others from upstairs. He informs anyyone who lets him in their room or talks to him through the door that L. already left and that moorfl is going, too. Then Moorfl goes and puts his saddle&-bags back on Hagen, his mule. He rides in the direction he saw Laucian leave,
hehe, moorfl&stuff don´t exceed a mules light load, so hagen can move at normal 30 ft speed...:smallcool: and, as he comes a little closer calls: Hey Laucian, tira! wait for the others, will you? they didn´t do anything to earn the disrespect of us leaving without them, did they?

shadowxknight
2008-10-24, 05:55 PM
Waking from his slumber, Auran quickly dressed and gathered his equipment. He joined the others downstairs in the lobby of the inn.

Hybasha
2008-10-24, 06:27 PM
Laucian stops and turns to tira,"Tira right? I can't stand by and let him rot it's my fault and i can't ask any of you to come. I won't let others die if i can prevent it." He sits down and actualy thinks of how he'll save aust provided he gets past god knows what is there.

RAGE KING!
2008-10-24, 07:39 PM
Achilles

Achilles walks over to the group. I will go with you. I have been searching for adventure and I would not let an opportunity like this pass.

Elrond
2008-10-24, 09:28 PM
Tira sits next to Laucian and says I shall journey with you, this place has nothing left for me

Kazasu
2008-10-24, 10:08 PM
Perhaps for Role play, we could expect that I woke up an hour earlier then the rest of the party, as such I studied for that hour, and am now awake? I will go ahead and play it as so, however, if there are any objections tell me and I will modify the post.

Kage walks forward, taking his time as he looks ahead. "The trip will take time, regardless of whether we rush. I will come along, my reason my own." He steps at a slight distance from the party, his hat casting a pointed shadow from the morning sun.

shadowxknight
2008-10-25, 01:08 PM
Auran spoke while checking his equipment. "I've been traveling recently. This will just be another segment of my journey."

Deathslayer7
2008-10-25, 02:28 PM
I too will help. Liriel says rising from her spot by the tree.

Hybasha
2008-10-25, 03:32 PM
Laucian

Laucian looks at tira in the eyes and sighs,"Well since it's obvious i can't persuade you otherwise i shall pray we make it through." Laucian sits on a rock and begins to pray.

Perryl
2008-11-02, 09:50 AM
MOORFL
"Are we getting in motion or what?
wait a second. how do we know which way to go? Dang... Any one of you good at magic? can you, like, track the kid down?"

Moorfl lets Hagen graze until the smart people in the gang have figured out where to go.

Hybasha
2008-11-10, 06:20 AM
Laucian

laucian finishes his prayer and stands up from the rock " well we better get going "

it seems we will need to get more players since most \haven't responded in a long time but that is only my opinon

Perryl
2008-12-15, 08:57 AM
MOORFL
gets down on one knee, looking downwards
"Mighty god, who you declared young Aust your avatar! I humbly ask You for guidance to find the boy! We will try bringing him to Your ancient temples safely."
gets up, knocks dust out of his beard's plaits' ends.
"Well, I guess it's worth a try."

are we playing this game or what???

Hybasha
2008-12-15, 11:56 AM
Laucian
Laucian get's up from the rock and continues down the road to find the place he saw in the nightmare.
yeah i think we may have to find a new game or at least new players my friend

Perryl
2008-12-19, 06:48 AM
MOORFL
follows laucian, singing a song about beer. badly.
[spooiler]yeah, i mean, we don´t even seem to have a dm any longer...[/spoiler]

Hybasha
2008-12-19, 01:44 PM
Laucian
Laucian sighs "For the love of whomever you worship get some singing lessons or at least sing about more then JUST beer!"

Perryl
2008-12-28, 07:09 AM
Moorfl

I remember YOU offering me singing lessons yesterday... that still current?

Hybasha
2008-12-28, 09:05 AM
Laucian
Laucian responds
"Yes but looks lke we may have to save that i see a figure in the distance and sadly we're in the bad part of the country." finishing the sentence laucian draws his sword.

Perryl
2008-12-28, 02:26 PM
you takin over dm? ok^^ lets get this goin'
MOORFL
This automatic aggressieon as soon as you see other beings...tss...
takes axe in both hands
whatever.:smallamused:
init:(1d20+3) 12

Hybasha
2008-12-29, 08:38 AM
HELL NO! XD I think we should find another game mind if i add you as a friend?

Perryl
2008-12-29, 10:00 AM
i´ve started writing pm to some of the other players... one already said he´ll play (just lost the thread link, fool^^)

Elrond
2009-01-20, 01:44 AM
Sorry im here now and will check it everytime im on also sorry Perryl about the wait for the avvy ive just been cought up alot but finally here it is :smallamused:this is what i imagine Moorfl is like:smallamused::smallbiggrin:
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh120/Elfunzo/MorfllRequest01.gif
120x120
Do you like by the way??

Hybasha
2009-01-20, 07:12 AM
wow i can totaly imagine you looking just like that :D

Perryl
2009-01-20, 02:47 PM
good job, dude, thanks lot. i mean, it´s him. just him.

Elrond
2009-01-20, 06:03 PM
Thanks man im really glad you liked it especially after that huge wait. Now we need to get a DM to get this thing rollin

Perryl
2009-05-31, 10:44 AM
MOORFL

Moorfl starts praying (just like that, possibly due to booze):
Gods above, please give oure lives a sense, direction and purpose again, resurecct our dm or get a new one so we do not have to give this all up.