PDA

View Full Version : How come every thing is so small??

sHorTdWaRvE
2005-11-07, 10:51 PM
The text is writen small for some reason like 10 minago it was big..

Lilly
2005-11-07, 11:10 PM
I think that this a problem on your end, here's how to fix it.

At the top of the screen above the tool bar there is the View menu. Within the view menu there is an option called "Text size", play with that for a little while until you find something that is readable.

Rawhide
2005-11-07, 11:14 PM
Or, hold down CTRL and use the scroll wheel on your mouse.

Zherog
2005-11-07, 11:15 PM
Note that if you use Mozilla, it's "Text zoom" rather than "Text size." :)

This problem most commonly happens by accidentally holding your control key and spinning the scroll wheel at the same time.

edit: bah. Too slow!

Rawhide
2005-11-08, 03:36 AM
Zherog: I know what you mean, Lilly nearly simuposted me (but I hit refresh before sending just to make sure...).

sHorTdWaRvE
2005-11-08, 09:44 AM
Or, hold down CTRL and use the scroll wheel on your mouse. this workded rather perfect

bingo_bob
2005-11-08, 11:40 PM
Thank you! d20srd.com is actually usable now!

Vaynor
2005-11-09, 01:06 AM
Just some helpful advice: If you've got a Mac you can use Apple+"+"/-. Just for people who don't have mouses or something. I don't know. Just saying. Only commenting. I'll stop being weird now. Really, I will. Just keeeeepp reading, that's right. Don't stop. My words are always interesting. This is interesting. You like listening to me. Just keep reading. If you stop, nobody will like you. You'll be an outcast from society. You'll live in a garbage dump. This is not boring. The element "Boron" kinda sounds like "boring". Don't worry, this is not "Boron" either. Just very pleasing to read for some reason. I don't know why. I'm getting bored now. But you're not. You will stay interested. You will not stop. Or get depressed because you feel sorry for me being bored. This is not depressing in any way. Keep going, keep reading and you'll get free pudding. MMmmmnnnnnnn... pudding that is free. Yum, pudding sounds kinda good right now. I'll have to leave pretty soon to get some. Just stare at the screen until I get back (yeah right, this is too boring). Keep looking. Okay, you're officially an idiot if you're still reading this. Just kidding, you are just very gullible. You know, gullible is not in the dictionary. Go ahead, look it up. I don't care. I know you'll still read this. Remember, this is not even mildly boring or depressing. This is actually kinda of amusing, or amusant as the French would say. You know I'm taking French right now, or français, oui? Yep, that's what I thought. You don't like French do you? Well, I don't care, it's better than Spanish (espagnol), or German (allemand). It's better than any other language in the whole world. The whole world should speak French. Wouldn't that be so much easier. Then there wouldn't be any wars caused over a simple case of miscommunication. Yeah, I know, this is boring. Go ahead, stop reading, that's when I'll stop writing. I'm not gonna stop. Hah, that;s what I thought, neither are you. Okay, you can stop reading now. Hey, go away! I said to stop reading. Why are you still reading this? Will just piss off? You're really starting to annoy me. I don't care if I'M the one righting, and I also don't that "writing is spelled wrong. That's just how much I don't care. Hey, wait a minute, I'm still writing, and you're still reading! Why are you doing that? That's not nice. Not nice at all. STOP!!! Okay, if you don't stop, I'll have to stop writing, that's right, I'll stop. In your face! I've typing for a long time, huh? Well guess what? I won't stop unless you stop. So stop....now. Why are you still reading? Stop it! Fine I'll just stop typing, then you can't read it anymore, HAH! Bye……… I love you. Will that make you go away? See you later. Bye. Come on. GO AWAY! Bye, final word there. Really it is (DARN IT!). Okay "this" is the last word.

this....

Rawhide
2005-11-09, 04:28 AM
I stopped reading that, not boring, was just too annoying to read as it wasn't seperated and spaced out by paragraph breaks.

The_Beast_Rabban
2005-11-09, 07:34 AM
I really liked that Ctrl+Mouse wheel thing. You learn something new all the time.

Does anyone else have any other tricks we should know about?

Rawhide
2005-11-09, 07:48 AM
Closing:
Alt-F4 --- Universal close program shortcut (even windows)
Ctrl-F4 --- Close open window (not universal)

Universal F-Keys:
F1 --- Help
F5 --- Refresh

Mousewheel:
Ctrl-Mousewheel --- Zoom (or font size in certain applications)

Internet Explorer:
Alt-S --- Submit (ie. Post/Send)
Alt-Left Arrow --- Back
Alt-Right Arrow --- Forward

Most important universal shortcuts:
Ctrl-A --- Sellect all (Remember A for All)
Ctrl-Z --- Undo (Z like you are scribbling it out)
Ctrl-X --- Cut (X like you are crossing it out)
Ctrl-C --- Copy (C stands for copy)
Ctrl-V --- Paste (Upsidedown caret, inserting your clipboard)

Ctrl-P --- Print (P for Print)
Ctrl-O --- Open

Formatting (Doesn't work on YaBB):
Ctrl-B --- Bold
Ctrl-I --- Italics
Ctrl-U --- Underline
Ctrl-S --- Strikeout

Microsoft shortcut:
Ctrl-Y --- Redo
F7 --- Spellcheck (Very important!)

Print Screen:
PrtScn --- Copies entire screen to clipboard
Alt-PrtScn --- Copies active window to clipboard

Tab:
Tab --- Skips forward through selectable items
Shift-Tab --- Skips backward through selectable items
Alt-Tab --- Skips forward through open programs
Alt-Shift-Tab --- Skips backward through open programs

Windows Key:
Windows Key --- Start Menu
Ctrl-Esc --- What? Thats not a windows key you say? It opens the Start Menu just like the Windows Key
Windows Key-F --- Search (what was once Find)
Windows Key-E --- Explorer
Windows Key-R --- Run
Windows Key-U --- Utility Manager (avoid unless you use it)
Windows Key-D --- Show desktop
Windows Key-L --- Lock computer (Windows XP)

More to come. (So sue me, I'm a shortcut junkie).

Zherog
2005-11-09, 09:35 PM
ctrl-tab flips through open browser tabs in Mozilla (and I believe Firefox as well).

Seerow
2005-11-09, 11:09 PM
Posting to confirm that works for Firefox as well.

Samiam303
2005-12-09, 02:16 PM
If you hold Alt while scrolling, it slows the scroll bar.

fryer1
2005-12-23, 08:31 AM
On windows ME (millenium edition) alt-mouse wheel just stops it jumping, not really slowing it down.

Master_of_Dragons
2005-12-23, 10:07 AM
And Ctrl-0 (zero) resets the text size...