PDA

View Full Version : Is karma gonna come into effect?{SPOILERS}

Gamerlord
2008-09-18, 04:26 PM
IN other words, is some unlucky event while kabuto is sailing away to his ship cause something like a shark comes, or a random storm causes lighting to hit him?

AKA_Bait
2008-09-18, 04:35 PM
IN other words, is some unlucky event while kabuto is sailing away to his ship cause something like a shark comes, or a random storm causes lighting to hit him?

In a word, No.

Also, there is another thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91368&page=2)about Kubota's fate already in progress.

Gamerlord
2008-09-18, 05:04 PM
oops, did't notice it.
Can a mod please remove this thread?

Linkavitch
2008-09-19, 10:51 AM

YES! Lein is going to come on her celestial shark-mount, and capture him! YES!

David Argall
2008-09-19, 06:11 PM
Karma may strike Kubota, but it will be in the form of the PCs. They are the main actors in almost all respects.

keeperoflore
2008-09-19, 07:09 PM
i dont believe in karma, because of the simple fact that im a nice guy, and bad things ALWAYS happen to me, even when i have done nothing to provoke it.

so in a nutshell no, however some coincidental event may get him, but thats a maybe.

Warren Dew
2008-09-19, 07:19 PM
Karma may strike Kubota, but it will be in the form of the PCs. They are the main actors in almost all respects.

I used to think so too. But why?

Because they chose to go to Azure City to warn the Sapphire Guard of impending doom due to destructions of gates? No, wait, they were dragged there in chains by an NPC.

Because they had such a big effect on the battle Azure City itself, turning the tide from a certain loss to the forces of evil into a win? No, wait, they lost anyway.

Because they've since skillfully used the fleet to get a step ahead of Redcloak and Xykon, setting up impenetrable defenses at Girard's gate? No wait, they've wandered around accomplishing basically nothing.

I don't think the PCs have been the main actors since the Dungeon of Dorukan.